Trashman
09-07-2008, 06:38 PM
How bout them Cowboys!!!:D

3afan
09-07-2008, 06:43 PM
looked good ...

mchavez
09-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Looked very good, but need to work on eliminating penalties. Browns are a good team; however, the Cowboys face an even better team next week!

Eagles 17
Cowboys 28

VAMike
09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
It baffles me how they can let someone deliberately do things that are going to cost the team, i.e. Owens' sprinter impersonation. Nobody gets in his face, not even a coach.

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
It baffles me how they can let someone deliberately do things that are going to cost the team, i.e. Owens' sprinter impersonation. Nobody gets in his face, not even a coach.

yep TO really cost the team today with one TD..and in reality another TD that was not reviewed

Pudlugger
09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Rookie running back Jones impressed!

48minutes
09-07-2008, 07:33 PM

Not sure how it actually cost them?? TO had a good game.

Romo had all day to through.. and did a heck of a job.

VAMike
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
With 10 minutes left in the 2d quarter how could anyone know how much that would hurt the team? And letting him get away with it now just encourages him to continue doing it to the point where it could help affect the outcome of the game.

Emerson1
09-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I bet most people didn't even know it was a rule that you can't get down. Only one I had ever heard of that was new was not being able to use props

VAMike
09-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Please, don't insult our intelligence. Just because Joe Q Fan does not know that do you honestly think the teams, and especially players like this one, do not get up to speed on just what they can get away with? The NFL sends refs to every team in preseason and they spend a day with them and go over the rules changes.

And this was not a spur of the moment deal. On HBO recently, Owens said he could beat Usain Bolt.

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
It baffles me how they can let someone deliberately do things that are going to cost the team, i.e. Owens' sprinter impersonation. Nobody gets in his face, not even a coach. cry some more why don't you

Its the NFL you don't lose games because of dumb penalties like that you lose games cause your defense isn't doing their job effectively.

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
cry some more why don't you
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Stop being so rude.

lion75
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
When he does something funny and it's not a penalty, I love it. Mainly because it gets everybody so steamed. That is hilarious to watch people get worked up over something so trivial.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
it didnt hurt them, but little things like that can turn a game around. But they should be able to celebrate if they want without getting flagged.:mad:

Pick6
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Stop being so rude.

If he did that what would he post?

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
It's ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Besides we don't know that he won't be dealt with later, i.e. fine, etc...

sinton66
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
it didnt hurt them, but little things like that can turn a game around. But they should be able to celebrate if they want without getting flagged.:mad:

They CAN celebrate, they just CAN'T touch the ground while doing it. Figure that one out.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
They CAN celebrate, they just CAN'T touch the ground while doing it. Figure that one out.:rolleyes: so they can't pray?????:eek:

how dare a player celebreate a TD by praying!

JasperDog94
09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
so they can't pray?????:eek:

how dare a player celebreate a TD by praying! :thinking: :thinking:

piratebg
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Cowboys offense looked sharp. Personally, I think Garrett got a little soft in the second half, but I think he knew he had the game won. The defense only gave up 205 yards of offense. They'll have a challenge in Philly next week.

BwdLions
09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
T.O. is a distration to the team. I'm sure the good guys on the team get sick of his antics.

BEAST
09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Distraction? I was no TO fan when Dallas picked him up. I know he played hell with Parcells. Since the accidental OD, what has he done news worthy. I have not seen his name attached to a negative article in a long time. Ill bet you the other players dont care as long as he produces, keeps his mouth shut, and they win.

Hell I thought it was funny.

BEAST

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Distraction? I was no TO fan when Dallas picked him up. I know he played hell with Parcells. Since the accidental OD, what has he done news worthy. I have not seen his name attached to a negative article in a long time. Ill bet you the other players dont care as long as he produces, keeps his mouth shut, and they win.

BEAST Parcells made that situation what is what he wouldn't even call Terrell by his name or TO. So the media jumped on it.

piratebg
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM

BEAST

I agree. :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's been a while since Dallas has had a playmaker at receiver. The last couple of playmakers, Michale Irvin and Deion Sanders, had some pretty creative touchdown celebrations. I don't ever recall seeing yellow laundry on the field in those occasions.

Phil C
09-08-2008, 04:19 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
T.O. is a distration to the team. I'm sure the good guys on the team get sick of his antics.

I thought the same thing when they first got him, and still believe it could be just a heart beat to disaster away at any time.
But for the most part he has done fine while with Dallas, and that little sprinter start celebration didnt seem to really bother too many people that actually count much, so I dont see it being nearly as big of a deal and some might like to make it out to be.
He is without a doubt one of the very best players in the NFL, and for now seems to be trying to keep his nose clean. As long as he keeps doing what he is doing, I can live with his occasional minor infractions. I just hope it stays that way.

Emerson1
09-08-2008, 04:28 PM

BEAST
Most players probably wouldn't care if he did anyways. It's the media that blows everything out of proportion then the fans hear it and say it like they thought of it.

forum_guy
09-08-2008, 07:28 PM
hope u guys are ready...philly will beat the cowboys this monday night and let everyone know they are a contender in the nfc

scrub c
09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I love the T.O. celebrations

Trashman
09-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Could not stand TO under Parcells.:mad: He seems to have settled down now.:clap: Don't know if it was the OD or Parcells, what ever the reason, he seems to be on the straight and narrow.:D To me end zone celebrations are okay, if they are within the rules of the game.:tisk: How do you celebrate without making contact with the ground?:thinking: :D

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Could not stand TO under Parcells.:mad: He seems to have settled down now.:clap: Don't know if it was the OD or Parcells, what ever the reason, he seems to be on the straight and narrow.:D To me end zone celebrations are okay, if they are within the rules of the game.:tisk: How do you celebrate without making contact with the ground?:thinking: :D OD? You know he fired his publicist for those false things she said, right? He had an adverse effect to some medicine.

Parcell's made the whole TO situation worse than it was. He would never call him by TO, Terrell Owens, or even by his first name.

Trashman
09-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
hope u guys are ready...philly will beat the cowboys this monday night and let everyone know they are a contender in the nfc

I think philly was lucky. I don't think that they beat the Cowboys. I think that former Stephenville standout Kevin Kolb is a heartbeat away from being the starting QB.

Trashman
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
OD? You know he fired his publicist for those false things she said, right? He had an adverse effect to some medicine.

Parcell's made the whole TO situation worse than it was. He would never call him by TO, Terrell Owens, or even by his first name.

Don't take me wrong. I used Parcells only as a time reference. I can't stand Parcells. I think it is evident he was the problem in Dallas. He may have some inital success in Miami, it will be short lived, unless they can keep him away from the players.:D