PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame is back!

Phil C
09-07-2008, 12:00 PM
They are starting to come back as a football power. They play one of the toughest schedules in college football every year. They beat a very good underated San Diego State team 21 to 13 in a fighting never give up performance. The Irish are back and smiling.

It is much deserved because it is also an excellent acedemic school that stresses good strong Christian values and has never had any scandals.

eagles_victory
09-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
They are starting to come back as a football power. They play one of the toughest schedules in college football every year. They beat a very good underated San Diego State team 21 to 13 in a fighting never give up performance. The Irish are back and smiling.

It is much deserved because it is also an excellent acedemic school that stresses good strong Christian values and has never had any scandals. Yea real underrated they lost to Cal Poly in week 1.

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 12:04 PM

It is much deserved because it is also an excellent acedemic school that stresses good strong Christian values and has never had any scandals. Except for this year phil....their schedule is a cake walk. IMO the refs/review booth blew that fumble at the end zone for SDSU. It looked like the ball crossed the plane of the endzone before the fumble. That changed the game.

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 12:05 PM

It is much deserved because it is also an excellent acedemic school that stresses good strong Christian values and has never had any scandals. They almost lost to San Diego State.

On a play that was a TD, The SDSU RB fumbled like a milli second before he crossed the goaline. That score would have put SDSU up 20-7 at that time. After that, ND had all the momentum and scored 2 Td's. I think you are stretching this win a bit further than what actually happened.

Phil C
09-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Except for this year phil....their schedule is a cake walk. IMO the refs/review booth blew that fumble at the end zone for SDSU. It looked like the ball crossed the plane of the endzone before the fumble. That changed the game.

It looked to me like he fumbled before he crossed the goal line but I will let younger eyes judge that. But it did look like the fumble was recovered before it touched the goal line and should have been put right in front of the goal line. I don't know if would have made any difference but starting at the one inch line is much different from starting at the 20. That should have been reviewed too.

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 12:11 PM
It looked to me like he fumbled before he crossed the goal line but I will let younger eyes judge that. But it did look like the fumble was recovered before it touched the goal line and should have been put right in front of the goal line. I don't know if would have made any difference but starting at the one inch line is much different from starting at the 20. That should have been reviewed too. it was too close to tell phil....i'll trust the older more wise poster ;)

popcorn screen
09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
until ND joins a conference, I will not watch them nor follow their team.

WylieBulldog92
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM

It is much deserved because it is also an excellent acedemic school that stresses good strong Christian values and has never had any scandals.
Anybody who's opinion is against this is dumb!

Phil C
09-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
until ND joins a conference, I will not watch them nor follow their team.

But you are not availling yourself to a great opportunity because all their regular season games are on NBC.

injuredinmelee
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Notre Dame needs to man up and join a conference instead of wielding their powerful fan base to manipulate the NCAA into allowing them into the BCS. They looked like crap against SDSU and thats a team, if ND was actually and good, they should have beaten by 3 td's.

worldbfree
09-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Don't cry about SDSU getting screwed by instant replay.....ND got hosed in the first half when they call #33 for a fumble on the 1 yard line when replay clearly showed that his knee was down before he lost control of the ball......that changed the game too...it all evens out

PPHSfan
09-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Did you watch the same game I did Phil?:eek:

Jimmy Clausen being rated the number one High School recruit in 06-07 is a stretch at the very least. He's not even in my top 40 for the class of 06-07.

The Irish will be lucky to win six games, in spite of their easy schedule this year.

USC will beat them by six touchdowns.

worldbfree
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I'll hold you to those predictions.....

I say ND gets better and more confident each game and wins 8-10 games this year.

NateDawg39
09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I bet they could beat Texas State by at least 3 TD's :o

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by worldbfree
Don't cry about SDSU getting screwed by instant replay.....ND got hosed in the first half when they call #33 for a fumble on the 1 yard line when replay clearly showed that his knee was down before he lost control of the ball......that changed the game too...it all evens out there must be conclusive evidence....his knee was blocked by a player

wow someone actuallyh taking up for ND.....are you catholic?

District303aPastPlayer
09-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Did you watch the same game I did Phil?:eek:

Jimmy Clausen being rated the number one High School recruit in 06-07 is a stretch at the very least. He's not even in my top 40 for the class of 06-07.

The Irish will be lucky to win six games, in spite of their easy schedule this year.

USC will beat them by six touchdowns.

I'd rather have them put Dane in... it couldn't get worse than last year... it almost did...

worldbfree
09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Clausen showed vast improvement over last year.....they just couldn't finish a drive on Saturday but, put the ball in scoring position plenty of times....

there must be conclusive evidence....his knee was blocked by a player

His knee was not blocked at all.....it was clear as day that his right knee was on the ground before the ball was out of his hands.....the only thing blocked was the ball....but you could tell on replay that the defender was just reaching in for the ball as his knee hit the ground.....wasn't even close

Pick6
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

wow someone actuallyh taking up for ND.....are you catholic?

Do you have to be Catholic to cheer for Notre Dame?

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
ya okay....it was less conlusive than the evidence on the SDSU play

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Do you have to be Catholic to cheer for Notre Dame? majority of their fan base is of catholics

Sweetwater Red
09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Notre Dame needs to man up and join a conference instead of wielding their powerful fan base to manipulate the NCAA into allowing them into the BCS. They looked like crap against SDSU and thats a team, if ND was actually and good, they should have beaten by 3 td's.

If ND joined a conference they would have to lower their enrollment standards in order to compete with schools they'd
HAVE to play on Saturdays. It appears they're happy with
playing the service acadamies and a few mediocre Pac-10 and
Big Ten teams.

PPHSfan
09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If ND joined a conference they would have to lower their enrollment standards in order to compete with schools they'd
HAVE to play on Saturdays. It appears they're happy with
playing the service acadamies and a few mediocre Pac-10 and
Big Ten teams.

I agree with everything you said, with the exception that I don't believe USC to be mediocre in any way.

Sweetwater Red
09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I agree with everything you said, with the exception that I don't believe USC to be mediocre in any way.

USC is definitely an exception. I was thinking more of Stanford.