PDA

View Full Version : College Football - Play Review

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
This year they have had to many reviewable plays which are not even worth stopping a game for. Has anyone else noticed this?

VAMike
09-07-2008, 12:17 PM
To quote someone (I don't know who):
Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

The IR rules have ben modified every year since it was put into college football, making more and more plays reviewable. I do not see the trend changing anytime soon. Meanwhile, they keep having to tinker with the timing rules to try and offset the additional time caused by reviews. They are chasing their tails but I fear the genie has been let out of the box and there is no turning back.

Emerson1
09-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
This year they have had to many reviewable plays which are not even worth stopping a game for. Has anyone else noticed this?
Like the play in the Texas game where the official was bent over, literally 3 feet from the line and Quan Cosby's foot?

JR2004
09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Striped shirt people just trying to get more camera time, that's all.

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Like the play in the Texas game where the official was bent over, literally 3 feet from the line and Quan Cosby's foot? Or the one in the Ole Miss game on an obvious touchdown that Jevan threw late in the game