PDA

View Full Version : Who wins and why? Waco Connally at Caldwell

nunya
09-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Waco Connally at Caldwell

No blowout this week, that's for sure.
Edge to Caldwell for homefield advantage.
Beware if the Hornet "D" rises to the occasion.
Caldwell 33, Waco Connally 21

nunya
09-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Waco Connally is one of the few programs that we don't hear a lot about. Any word on their team this year? I know they've improved a lot in the past five years, but that's about it.

jason
09-08-2008, 08:59 AM
i saw a playoff game between these two a few years ago and it was one of the most boring games i have ever seen.....

nunya
09-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by jason
i saw a playoff game between these two a few years ago and it was one of the most boring games i have ever seen.....

well, I guess that answers that.

CHS_Grad '85
09-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by jason
i saw a playoff game between these two a few years ago and it was one of the most boring games i have ever seen..... :taunt:

CHS_Grad '85
09-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Cadets ususally give the Hornets some problems... hopefully, home field advantage can do the trick...

GO! HORNETS! GO!

Daddy D 11
09-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Hasn't Connally lost alot of their players due to off the field altercations? I remember reading something about that, if so, then the Slot-T is going to pull it out for the Hornets. If Connally still has that really young, really talented QB then the Cadets will win this one on the road. (I think he was one of the players kicked off the team though.)

solocam
09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Hornets by ten

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Hasn't Connally lost alot of their players due to off the field altercations? I remember reading something about that, if so, then the Slot-T is going to pull it out for the Hornets. If Connally still has that really young, really talented QB then the Cadets will win this one on the road. (I think he was one of the players kicked off the team though.)

If this is true, Caldwell will win big, if not the Hornets will still be a better team, and win. Caldwell is a better team than indecated in their 1st game vs Bellville, they will get better each week and compeat for a play-off spot. Last week I read were they won 66-0.

87 TIGER
09-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Caldwell by 14

ProudHornetMom
09-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
If this is true, Caldwell will win big, if not the Hornets will still be a better team, and win. Caldwell is a better team than indecated in their 1st game vs Bellville, they will get better each week and compeat for a play-off spot. Last week I read were they won 66-0.

Thank you FBB.
We won 60 - 0.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
connally....just more athletic and not as young as caldwell

Bull's-eye
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Don't know much about Connally, but if they don't have a good run defense, Caldwell will controll the clock and the game. Good luck Hornets!

ProudHornetMom.....Kolaches were delicious, but they didn't last too long. :D Tell Bernard hi and I'm expecting a Hornet win.

nunya
09-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
connally....just more athletic and not as young as caldwell

You're being from Rockdale has nothing to do with your opinion, I'm sure.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by nunya
You're being from Rockdale has nothing to do with your opinion, I'm sure. it really doesn't

nunya
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
it really doesn't

.... beings that Rockdale has played Waco Connally a total of zero times.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 05:36 PM
what does that have to do with Caldwell playing Connally, nothing. From what I have heard and saw is that Connally is a very athletic team. And I KNOW Caldwell is a very young inexperienced team.

nunya
09-08-2008, 05:39 PM
what does that have to do with Caldwell playing Connally, nothing. From what I have heard and saw is that Connally is a very athletic team. And I KNOW Caldwell is a very young inexperienced team.

Inexperience is an overused word, IMO. If players played a lot on JV and the other teams' players move up the same aged-kids into similar positions, what's really the big difference besides a larger audience?

No team that "inexperienced" beats ANYone, 60-0. It could easily have been 74 or 81-0 had Caldwell not subbed 80 percent of its starters in the entire fourth quarter, who STILL kept Shepherd from scoring.

My point was that if you haven't seen Connally play, how could you make that observation unless you're generalizing the athletic quality of Caldwell's past athletes - many who have played college and even professional in recent years.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Inexperience is an overused word, IMO. If players played a lot on JV and the other teams' players move up the same aged-kids into similar positions, what's really the big difference besides a larger audience?

No team that "inexperienced" beats ANYone, 60-0. It could easily have been 74 or 81-0 had Caldwell not subbed 80 percent of its starters in the entire fourth quarter, who STILL kept Shepherd from scoring.

My point was that if you haven't seen Connally play, how would make that observation unless you're generalizing the athletic quality of Caldwell's past athletes - many who have played college and even professional in recent years.

There is a huge difference betweeen JV and the varsity level and to think otherwise is ridiculous.

You're bragging about a blowout of a bad team?

Yes I have taken past Connally athleticism into consideration but I have seen highlights from them this year....very good.

87 TIGER
09-08-2008, 05:48 PM
You're being from Rockdale has nothing to do with your opinion, I'm sure. Whats that mean? I'm from Rockdale and I picked Caldwell, so does being from Rockdale have anything to do with my opinion?

cshscougar08
09-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Alright children. Being from from the Waco area, I've seen Connally quite a few times and will give you my take on them as a team. They are a fairly young team, lost a couple stars to graduation and conflict of interests. But they are still a very dangerous team. Go Blue is correct in saying that they are a very athletic team. They always are. That's a fact that's not gonna change. This should be a quality game, but I think Caldwell will win this one.

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I will pick Connally. They ran with Cameron score for score AND being from Cameron and an Aggie I have a natural dislike of Caldwell and all things orange.

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Alright children. Being from from the Waco area, I've seen Connally quite a few times and will give you my take on them as a team. They are a fairly young team, lost a couple stars to graduation and conflict of interests. But they are still a very dangerous team. Go Blue is correct in saying that they are a very athletic team. They always are. That's a fact that's not gonna change. This should be a quality game, but I think Caldwell will win this one.

Number 8 in your picture and his girl friend was killed last night in a car wreck.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Number 8 in your picture and his girl friend was killed last night in a car wreck. :( my condolences to their friends and family

cshscougar08
09-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Number 8 in your picture and his girl friend was killed last night in a car wreck.

Yeah I woke up to that news this morning. Talk about an awful way to start the day. Heard the whole day was eerily quiet at the HS. Understandably of course.

Darren
09-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news...... Pulling for Waco C in this one..

nunya
09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I will pick Connally. They ran with Cameron score for score AND being from Cameron and an Aggie I have a natural dislike of Caldwell and all things orange.

...don't blame ya especially since Caldwell over Cameron and UT over A&M wins are on the horizon. :cool:

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
...don't blame ya especially since Caldwell over Cameron and UT over A&M wins are on the horizon. :cool: lol....2 in a row!:rolleyes:

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
...don't blame ya especially since Caldwell over Cameron and UT over A&M wins are on the horizon. :cool:
I will put my money on Cameron between those two.

nunya
09-08-2008, 08:19 PM
I will put my money on Cameron between those two.

If we were talking 1982-1994, I might agree.

But we're not.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 08:23 PM

But we're not. The last time Caldwell beat Cameron was 2003, before that was 2000, and before that was 94.

nunya
09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
The last time Caldwell beat Cameron was 2003, before that was 2000, and before that was 94.

Too bad Cameron plays in Caldwell.

ProudHornetMom
09-08-2008, 08:34 PM

What picture and which Number 8?

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2008, 08:35 PM

But we're not.

1981-94. OK BUT from 1990 to present Cameron is 9-3 vs Caldwell. Caldwell dominates Cameron like LaVega dominates China Spring uh?

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
What picture and which Number 8? in CHScougar08 signature and the guy in front

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
What picture and which Number 8?

On CSHSCOUGAR08 signature picture from last years state finals game. Number 8 from last year could not play football this year due to a newly discovered heart condition. He quit football this year to hopefully not have a heart attack. He was killed in a car wreck last night. Both he and is girlfreind were Seniors at China Spring.

nunya
09-09-2008, 07:35 AM
1981-94. OK BUT from 1990 to present Cameron is 9-3 vs Caldwell. Caldwell dominates Cameron like LaVega dominates China Spring uh?

you implied Cameron domination. I certainly never did. 9-3 are better odds than Cameron vs. Rockdale.

I'm sure that'll ignite a reaction, too.

ProudHornetMom
09-09-2008, 05:18 PM
On CSHSCOUGAR08 signature picture from last years state finals game. Number 8 from last year could not play football this year due to a newly discovered heart condition. He quit football this year to hopefully not have a heart attack. He was killed in a car wreck last night. Both he and is girlfreind were Seniors at China Spring.

I am so sorry. How tragic on so many levels. I'll be in prayer.

ronwx5x
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
The Pig has it as Caldwell by 3. But the,n last year Jerry had Caldwell going 0-10. At that rate, it should be Caldwell by 30!:)