PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Sealy

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Ok, I guess I'll get all the hoopla started. Who wins this one and why??? And yes, Bulls-eye.....I will be there.

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:11 PM
how is the RB from Rice doing? He's the catalyst of that team!

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
how is the RB from Rice doing? He's the catalyst of that team!

180 yds. last week and 160 yds. last night, but he came out early in the 4th qtr.
Defense has held both teams to 75-76 yds. This will be a huge test for the Raiders with their young QB and O line.

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
180 yds. last week and 160 yds. last night, but he came out early in the 4th qtr.
Defense has held both teams to 75-76 yds. This will be a huge test for the Raiders with their young QB and O line. Yup...and IMO for Rice to win he'll have to have a monster game agains a tough Sealy team!

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 01:21 PM
We have other weapons....;)

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:22 PM
We have other weapons....;) Of course but a great ground game sets up those other weapons ;)

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Of course but a great ground game sets up those other weapons ;)

Yes, of course....they'll be up for the challenge and it is especially a challenge when you play in Sealy...LOL. The saying is you're down by 7 before you step on the field in Sealy...

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Ok, I guess I'll get all the hoopla started. Who wins this one and why??? And yes, Bulls-eye.....I will be there.

I figured you wouln't miss this game. I think Rice will take this one by at least a TD. The Raider's defense will be the key and should hold down, IMO a suspect Sealy offense. The Tigers have a very good defense, so I'm looking for a low scoring game. It may depend on which back can carry his team and that should favor Rice. This will be Sealy's first test to show they deserve their top 10 ranking and I think they fail to make the grade.

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Mom how many did yall lose from last year? Did the QB/RB graduate?

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I figured you wouln't miss this game. I think Rice will take this one by at least a TD. The Raider's defense will be the key and should hold down, IMO a suspect Sealy offense. The Tigers have a very good defense, so I'm looking for a low scoring game. It may depend on which back can carry his team and that should favor Rice. This will be Sealy's first test to show they deserve their top 10 ranking and I think they fail to make the grade. I think Sealy takes it by 17.That suspect offense has a RB named Dexter Downey. He will dominate. Prepare me for Crow!

Lol.

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Mom how many did yall lose from last year? Did the QB/RB graduate?

Our QB went to Miami and we still have our RB along with the two receivers. We have 3 starters on the line and most of the defense has returned. The coach's son is our QB and is a soph. He has been handling himself pretty well, for someone of his age and experience. He isn't very big, but he has a gun and is accurate, and has good scrambling ability.
Our defense has only allowed 75 yds. in the first two games. Should be an interesting game.

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I figured you wouln't miss this game.

We still make all the games even though we have no one in school.

Mean Green Fan
09-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I think sealy by a touchdown....on the other hand..........Rice might surprise me and win.

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 02:18 PM
It won't be a blowout one way or the other......

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I think Sealy takes it by 17.That suspect offense has a RB named Dexter Downey. He will dominate. Prepare me for Crow!
Lol.

Downey rushed for 725 yds last season compared to 2643 yds for Rice's Zach Foster. DCTF stated that Foster is a "highlight reel waiting to happen". Downey is a good back, but not in the same class as Foster.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Downey rushed for 725 yds last season compared to 2643 yds for Rice's Zach Foster. DCTF stated that Foster is a "highlight reel waiting to happen". Downey is a good back, but not in the same class as Foster. Downey also split carries with 2 other Rb's last season. He will get the bulk of the carries this season. Also, look at the competition he faced compared to Rice.

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Downey rushed for 725 yds last season compared to 2643 yds for Rice's Zach Foster. DCTF stated that Foster is a "highlight reel waiting to happen". Downey is a good back, but not in the same class as Foster.

If anyone remembers Huffman and Spears, Foster imo is a combination of both....he has the strength of Huffman and the moves of Spears.....he is fun to watch.

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Also, look at the competition he faced compared to Rice.

I would say that Rice had it's fair share of competition last season, considering they made it to the semi's.

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Downey also split carries with 2 other Rb's last season. He will get the bulk of the carries this season. Also, look at the competition he faced compared to Rice.

Rice has always played some 3A teams, but Sealy has been playing private schools & 2A teams of late and you want to talk about competition? LOL

How many yards did Downey get against a weak 2A Hempstead team?

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Rice has always played some 3A teams, but Sealy has been playing private schools & 2A teams of late and you want to talk about competition? LOL

How many yards did Downey get against a weak 2A Hempstead team? I don't know how many he got. Sealy had a grand total of 3 non district games last year. The rest were against pretty good defensive teams in 24-3A. Stafford was the only team that really sucked last year....

Rice played a district full of weak 2a's and Foster got ALL of the carries.

I'll let Sealy's performance speak for itself.... It also doesn't hurt Foster's stats that they played like 3 or 4 more games than sealy.

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 03:17 PM

Rice played a district full of weak 2a's and Foster got ALL of the carries.

Actually, Foster didn't play alot of quarters because we were up....some games he didn't play the entire second half....so no he didn't get ALL the carries.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Actually, Foster didn't play alot of quarters because we were up....some games he didn't play the entire second half....so no he didn't get ALL the carries. Let's put it this way. How many attempts did he get per game?

I think ypc would be a better stat. And yea, Foster is leading that too but I'm not saying Downey is on his level. Just providing a little info on the yards discrepency.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Sealy had a grand total of 3 non district games last year. The rest were against pretty good defensive teams in 24-3A. Stafford was the only team that really sucked last year....

You say they played pretty good defensive teams?24-3a last year went 0-3 vs 23-3a in the 1st round, the 4th and 5th place teams were better than 24,s 1,2,3. The 5th place team from 23 beat the #1 team 35-7.

It will be the same story this year District 25 will go 3-0 vs 26 in the 1st round.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You say they played pretty good defensive teams?24-3a last year went 0-3 vs 23-3a in the 1st round, the 4th and 5th place teams were better than 24,s 1,2,3. The 5th place team from 23 beat the #1 team 35-7.

It will be the same story this year District 25 will go 3-0 vs 26 in the 1st round. I didn't say they were great well rounded teams. I said they were pretty good defensively.

Bellville beat Sealy 35-7. Yea, but you and I know that Sealy got much better as the season went on. That same Sealy team nearly beat Giddings in the playoffs. It's amazing what time will do huh?

You may be right about 25-26 bi district matchups. Time will tell, Sealy sure as hell got ALOT better as the season went on last year. Who says we can't do the same?

headhunter
09-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I would expect Sealy to win this one. Should Sealy take this easily I think they would earn the right to be considered one of the best teams in Region IV along w/ Cuero.

Sealy is already in my opinion one of the top teams in Region IV, I just haven't seen them play yet and I don't think they have had a big game yet.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
I would expect Sealy to win this one. Should Sealy take this easily I think they would earn the right to be considered one of the best teams in Region IV along w/ Cuero.

Sealy is already in my opinion one of the top teams in Region IV, I just haven't seen them play yet and I don't think they have had a big game yet. Me dos. I'm by no means counting Rice out though. Notice I said "prepare me for crow" in my first post on this thread.

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes, of course....they'll be up for the challenge and it is especially a challenge when you play in Sealy...LOL. The saying is you're down by 7 before you step on the field in Sealy...

YOU KNOW IT!!!

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Our defense has only allowed 75 yds. in the first two games. [/B]

Who did they play that were that sorry?

headhunter
09-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree with you. Rice is a very good football team, All I am saying is that this can be a big win for Sealy. I think this win can give them a boost of confidence and put them as a serious contender for the Region Iv title.

This will be a good game, I THINK Sealy will come out o top but not by much.

My guess:
Sealy 27
Rice 20

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Tiger4Ever
Who did they play that were that sorry? I they gave up 75 to Wharton. Maybe the other team they played had 0 Total offense. :thinking:

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 04:12 PM

Have you ever seen Downey play!?!?!?! You must not because those stats from last year was a result of sharing time with another good back (Harrison) and if you have seen him play you would notice his uncanny ability to find a crease, hit it, and he can also make even excellent tacklers miss in the open field. Rice's running back got so many yards because he was a main weapon last year for a team that played a soft schedule.

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 04:14 PM
How many yards did Downey get against a weak 2A Hempstead team? [/B]

I dont know how many yards he got but he is suffering from an undisclosed injury that does affect his cutting and overall speed. He didnt get many carries last night.

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Let's put it this way. How many attempts did he get per game?

I think ypc would be a better stat. And yea, Foster is leading that too but I'm not saying Downey is on his level. Just providing a little info on the yards discrepency.

Downey had 725 yards rushing last year with 9 TDs and another 172 yards and 2 TDs reciveing. He didnt have that many attempts either.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I dont know how many yards he got but he is suffering from an undisclosed injury that does affect his cutting and overall speed. He didnt get many carries last night. If Downey is injured then that will affect the outcome of this game BIG time.

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 04:24 PM
If Downey is injured then that will affect the outcome of this game BIG time.

No it wont. Sealy's QB has grown up substanually already and Sealy does have some pretty good recievers and a few more good backs. Sealy's offensive line is full of big road-graders that will open up HUGE holes against a some-what small Rice defense.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 04:33 PM
No it wont. Sealy's QB has grown up substanually already and Sealy does have some pretty good recievers and a few more good backs. Sealy's offensive line is full of big road-graders that will open up HUGE holes against a some-what small Rice defense. It WILL affect the outcome. Rice won't have to defend the run as much if Downey is out and will be able to drop back in coverage more.

Downey opens up your passing game.

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Have you ever seen Downey play!?!?!?! You must not because those stats from last year was a result of sharing time with another good back (Harrison) and if you have seen him play you would notice his uncanny ability to find a crease, hit it, and he can also make even excellent tacklers miss in the open field. Rice's running back got so many yards because he was a main weapon last year for a team that played a soft schedule.

I have seen him play a couple of times and recently in the scrimmage vs Stafford. Most of his yards were due to him breaking off the original play and taking it against the grain. He turned one busted play into a good gain. He was a non factor in their 35-7 loss to Bellville. Not sure how you all can discount Foster's total because he was the main weapon. If Downey is that good, Sealy coaches would be a fool not to use him as their primary back. I have seen many great running backs over the years and Downey has not yet reached that level. I'm looking forward to see Foster and if he is a combination of Spears/Huffman, watch out Tigers!

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Our QB went to Miami and we still have our RB along with the two receivers. We have 3 starters on the line and most of the defense has returned. The coach's son is our QB and is a soph. He has been handling himself pretty well, for someone of his age and experience. He isn't very big, but he has a gun and is accurate, and has good scrambling ability.
Our defense has only allowed 75 yds. in the first two games. Should be an interesting game.

Cool. Sounds like it should be a pretty good game. I guess yall are the only "acceptable" 2A team that Sealy has scheduled. LOL.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I have seen him play a couple of times and recently in the scrimmage vs Stafford. Most of his yards were due to him breaking off the original play and taking it against the grain. He turned one busted play into a good gain. He was a non factor in their 35-7 loss to Bellville. Not sure how you all can discount Foster's total because he was the main weapon. If Downey is that good, Sealy coaches would be a fool not to use him as their primary back. I have seen many great running backs over the years and Downey has not yet reached that level. I'm looking forward to see Foster and if he is a combination of Spears/Huffman, watch out Tigers! Once again, Downey is not on Foster's level YET. He is what a junior this year I think. Or is he a senior? I dont think so but maybe.

He could reach that status. Anyway you slice, he split carries with Harrison last year and did his job. 11 Td's in limited time is not bad.

He will get more yards and carries/catches this season as long as he stays healthy.

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I think Sealy takes it by 17.That suspect offense has a RB named Dexter Downey. He will dominate.

He is not on Foster's level, but he will dominate?? Don't you know that you start out saying one thing and then you say the opposite??

Hint! We can always go back and read your previous posts. :eek:

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 05:34 PM
He is not on Foster's level, but he will dominate?? Don't you know that you start out saying one thing and then you say the opposite??

Hint! We can always go back and read your previous posts. :eek: Sealy has a better defense and will limit Foster.

Downey will dominate, IF he's healthy.

2little2no
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM
IMHO if Sealy was In District 26 2A they may find it very hard to win games on any given Friday night. This district is stacked with pretty good teams. This defense the Raiders have will give the Tigers fits FRIDAY night. Downey This Downey That, look out for the stingy D of the Rice Raiders.

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 2little2no
IMHO if Sealy was In District 26 2A they may find it very hard to win games on any given Friday night. This district is stacked with pretty good teams. This defense the Raiders have will give the Tigers fits FRIDAY night. Downey This Downey That, look out for the stingy D of the Rice Raiders.

That's alright....let them talk...just fuels the fire..

brahmalife2
09-06-2008, 09:52 PM

a saying is a saying, actions speak louder than words

44INAROW
09-06-2008, 09:58 PM
not sure who's going to win, but I hope the Raiders come out on top ;)

cropduster
09-06-2008, 10:03 PM

It will be the same story this year District 25 will go 3-0 vs 26 in the 1st round.

Necks Fan,
FormerBellvilleBrahma must still be bitter about Flannel rushing for 250 against them on a broken foot two years ago. Oh yeah, B-ville was supposed to win that game too.

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Sealy's defense is there. Let's see if their offense can get it together. Sealy has the potential to be dangerous. As stated before, we all know how much Sealy improved over the course of last season. This should be a good game as the Raiders always come to play.

My Prediction:

Rice Consolidated 20
Sealy 22

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Sealy will continue to improve and by district will definetly be firing on ALL CYLINDERS so look out...

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 10:43 PM
That's alright....let them talk...just fuels the fire..

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

It's getting hot in here! :D

CheerMom
09-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
not sure who's going to win, but I hope the Raiders come out on top ;)

Thanks for the support!!:D Good luck to the Gobblers this season.

JR2004
09-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I saw Rice last season. G2 made us leave at halftime of the game. :(

STAggie
09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
This will be a good game. I don't think you guys realize how much better Sealy is then you are giving them credit for. There are two other backs besides Downey who are waiting to break out and I think they both played amazing last night, albeit against a weak Hempstead team. Sealy's QB is also going to surprise a lot of teams. He has great decision making and what helps is his passes don't have to be on the money due to the large receivers he has to throw to. The defense so far has been shaky but I believe it will come together by district. This will be a good game but I think Sealy takes it.

Sealy 27
Rice 17

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Rice's running back got so many yards because he was a main weapon last year for a team that played a soft schedule.
Sealy would be one to talk about a soft schedule, or as Rancher would say "Cup Cake" schedule!

CheerMom
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Sealy was part of that so called "soft schedule".....

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Sealy was part of that so called "soft schedule"..... I guess Mitchell needs to Schedule more difficult opponents to please FBB.

And how did that Sealy-Rice game go last year? Who won? Score?

Was it week 2 like this?

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I guess Mitchell needs to Schedule more difficult opponents to please FBB.

Man, isn't that the truth! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CheerMom
09-07-2008, 11:22 AM

And how did that Sealy-Rice game go last year? Who won? Score?

Was it week 2 like this?

It was either 35 or 38 to 7....Rice....and it was probably around the same time..

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I think Sealy was 0'fer going into district last year. :thinking:

For ALL teams, non district is still about getting better & preparation for the "real" season(s).

Those that allow themselves get caught up in strength of schedule remind me of the people that like to pick at scabs! :thinking:

Good Luck Raiders, but I'll be rooting for the Tigers! :)

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Those that allow themselves get caught up in strength of schedule remind me of the people that like to pick at scabs! :thinking:

CheerMom
09-07-2008, 05:12 PM
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Sealy would be one to talk about a soft schedule, or as Rancher would say "Cup Cake" schedule!

:iagree: Shouldn't throw stones, when you live in a glass house. :tisk:

Tiger Turtle
09-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Having seen both of Sealy's games so far this year, I would say that they made quite a bit of improvement between Week 0 and Week 1. They gave up a ton of yards on 3rd & long to a Second Baptist QB who looked like he was waddling down the field but somehow seemed to be pulling away from Sealy's defenders. The D tightened up a lot against Hempstead, but Hempstead was really thin and they lost two of their best linemen to injury. Sealy's offense has been getting better, although their RBs seem to lack any real breakaway speed. After Downey went out against Hempstead, their other backs were steady but not spectacular. The passing game is fair and Krenek threw the ball much better last week, although he suffered from four or five stone drops. Don't know about this week, but if Sealy continues to improve like they did last season, they will be pretty good by district.

Bull19
09-08-2008, 10:08 AM
this game should finally open the eyes of many people in the state of texas regarding sealy.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by cropduster
Necks Fan,
FormerBellvilleBrahma must still be bitter about Flannel rushing for 250 against them on a broken foot two years ago. Oh yeah, B-ville was supposed to win that game too.

No bitterness here, Flannel and the twins, had our number, with our stud running back out after ths barbers hill game and our qb having a broken finger after the 5 td comback the week before, we were no match that game.

But that was 2 years ago, didnt we beat WC last year.

Raider Nurse
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I think the Raiders can win. Sealy and Rice always play each other tough and this game will be no exception. I think Sealy has greatly improved over last year but I still the the Raiders can win. Go Rice!! We're all behind you!!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
this game should finally open the eyes of many people in the state of texas regarding sealy.

:iagree: I'm very curious to watch Sealy play, hopefully they are better than what I witnessed in the Stafford scrimmage. I'm still not sold on them being a top 10 team or even a top 20 team. The experts go back to their close lost to Giddings, but I think Giddings came out flat and got caught looking ahead to WOS. Brock getting hurt didn't help matters either. Rice will be a good test for the Tigers and probably too much of a test. Rice by at least a TD.

hookandladder
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
If Sealy does not beat Rice by aleast 2 TD's, they will struggle to make the playoffs in our District. If I remember correctly didn't Rice barely beat Wharton and Smithville beat Wharton by 2 or 3 TD's. Correct me if I am wrong.

Bull's-eye
09-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If Sealy does not beat Rice by aleast 2 TD's, they will struggle to make the playoffs in our District. If I remember correctly didn't Rice barely beat Wharton and Smithville beat Wharton by 2 or 3 TD's. Correct me if I am wrong.

Can't always go by those common scores. In the Rice/Wharton game, the score was much closer than the actual game. Rice total yards was 353 compared to Wharton's 75. Wharton scored on a 77 yd fumble return and a 78 yd INT return. If Rice takes care of the ball, we are probably looking at a 34-7 game.

Necks_Fan
09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Can't always go by those common scores. In the Rice/Wharton game, the score was much closer than the actual game. Rice total yards was 353 compared to Wharton's 75. Wharton scored on a 77 yd fumble return and a 78 yd INT return. If Rice takes care of the ball, we are probably looking at a 34-7 game. That's funny. 34-7...... :eek:

hookandladder
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Can't always go by those common scores. In the Rice/Wharton game, the score was much closer than the actual game. Rice total yards was 353 compared to Wharton's 75. Wharton scored on a 77 yd fumble return and a 78 yd INT return. If Rice takes care of the ball, we are probably looking at a 34-7 game.

Who's favor.

Necks_Fan
09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Who's favor. He doesn't think much of Sealy.

IHStangFan
09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
That's funny. 34-7...... :eek: I could very easily see this same outcome.

Bull's-eye
09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Who's favor.

Rice 34-7 over Wharton......not talking about the Sealy game.

Necks_Fan
09-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Rice 34-7 over Wharton......not talking about the Sealy game. LOL. I thought you were saying it would be 34-7 this week if Rice takes care of the ball. Hehe. Guess not.

fireman1
09-08-2008, 06:53 PM
If Rice takes care of the ball, we are probably looking at a 34-7 game.

Whats with the IFs... if everything went the way I wanted it to go then Wharton would have won state many times but IFs just dont do anything.. if Wharton would have made the pat against Rice we would have won but it didnt go that way did it... Rice wouldnt have won by that much I just dont see it happening sorry that was week 0 we are on week 2 now just let it go it'll be ok

Bull's-eye
09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
Whats with the IFs... if everything went the way I wanted it to go then Wharton would have won state many times but IFs just dont do anything.. if Wharton would have made the pat against Rice we would have won but it didnt go that way did it... Rice wouldnt have won by that much I just dont see it happening sorry that was week 0 we are on week 2 now just let it go it'll be ok

Wharton had 75 total yards in a game that went to overtime and you think they deserved to win? Wharton had 27 yards rushing for a 0.82 yards per carry. I figure if Rice converts on those 2 drives, instead on Wharton scoring 2 TD's the other way, you have a possible 34-7 game or at least a 27-7 game. Rice fails to convert you still have a 20-7 game. Rice statistically dominated this game and the score didn't tell the true story. Rice also missed a PAT.

fireman1
09-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Rice statistically dominated this game and the score didn't tell the true story.

stats dont win the game points do which makes football football there is an O AND a D in this great game and the true story is that they went into overtime and Wharton lost by 6 when they were supposed to lose by 37

zebrablue2
09-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
stats dont win the game points do which makes football football there is an O AND a D in this great game and the true story is that they went into overtime and Wharton lost by 6 when they were supposed to lose by 37

still wonder who made rice 37 point favs???? they had a new QB, were 2a against 3a. I could see 15 to 20, but never 37.... oh well..

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
still wonder who made rice 37 point favs???? they had a new QB, were 2a against 3a. I could see 15 to 20, but never 37.... oh well.. because they have a great RB and return quite a bit from last years team?

hookandladder
09-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Let me get this straight, you think Rice a 2A team that barely beat Wharton which got beaten pretty bad by our predicted last team place team in District (Smithville), will beat our predicted District Champion ( Sealy). I have not seen Rice's running back everyone is talking about however I have seen the Pratt kid from Navasota and as good as he is it still takes more than 1 player to win at the 3A level. Sealy by 2 to 3 TD's, if not than our District race will be wide open.

hookandladder
09-09-2008, 06:17 AM

What college has he committed to, if any.

Bull's-eye
09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Any news if this game has been moved to Thursday?

STAggie
09-10-2008, 09:25 AM
What college has he committed to, if any.

They are supposed to let the kids know today. So hopefully by this afternoon we will know something.

BOCEPHUS
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
THURSDAY

STAggie
09-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Update: My wife, who teaches at the Kindergarden, just called to inform me the game will be tomorrow at 7:30.

teetle
09-10-2008, 10:12 AM
OK

BIGHOG_sTx
09-10-2008, 06:07 PM
the game is tomorrow at 7:30 sealy will be winning this one by alot

Necks_Fan
09-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I think Sealy will win, but not by "alot."

I pick them to win by 9.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Hopefully this game is still on, please keep us informed if there are any changes. :) I definitely want to see this game, weather permitting.

CheerMom
09-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Just heard that the game has been cancelled. How disappointing....I know both ball clubs were ready!!

teetle
09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Not all bad. I think that the Raiders were coming in here to kick our A@#.

scotty
09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I have seen Foster play a number of times and he is a very good back. However, he isn't big. Unless he has grown a bunch, I just don't believe he weighs more than 165-170 if that much. Because of his size I don't believe he will create a lot of D-I interest.

Downey fits that description as well, but he could get bigger. Saw them both run track and Downey is faster. Both are very good high school backs and chances are that is were their careers will end. This is simply my opinion.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they both become great D-I players.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Sealy might of dodged a bullet. IMO, Rice was capable of giving the Sealy Tigers their first loss. Rice's defense held Wharton to 75 total yards and I just read where Wharton had 341 total yards vs Giddings. I was sure looking forward to this game and thought it would give all of us a better read on this Sealy team.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Sealy might of dodged a bullet. IMO, Rice was capable of giving the Sealy Tigers their first loss. Rice's defense held Wharton to 75 total yards and I just read where Wharton had 341 total yards vs Giddings. I was sure looking forward to this game and thought it would give all of us a better read on this Sealy team.

You are right Rice would have been sealys best game in pre district, maybe sealys 1st lose. With the game being called off, sealy can find a game for thier off week, Oct, 3rd any teams need a game for that week? Snook just started to play football this year.

Looks like the tigers will get thier 1st real test@ Giddings.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by teetle
Not all bad. I think that the Raiders were coming in here to kick our A@#.

And this comes from a sealy fan.

zebrablue2
09-11-2008, 09:44 PM
And this comes from a sealy fan.

LOL...

BIGHOG_sTx
09-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Snook just started to play football this year.

Who is Snook

STAggie
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BIGHOG_sTx
Snook just started to play football this year.

Who is Snook

You make me embarrassed to be from Sealy. Please stop.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Sealy might of dodged a bullet. IMO, Rice was capable of giving the Sealy Tigers their first loss.

sealy has open date Oct 3, may be they will scedule a game vs a team that will be top rated, 50 or above?

Necks_Fan
09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
LOL @ FBB.:clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2008, 04:46 PM
LOL @ FBB.:clap:

How is WC after the storm?

buff4ever
09-14-2008, 11:25 PM
OKAY, I will stir the pot with FBB. Sealy is scheduling an easy pre-district schedule to build up the kids confidence.

Now we all know that this is to enter the game against giddings and hope that the kids feel they can win. At the end of that night, giddings will have torn their confidence apart and send them on to a bellville that can't wait for them.

buff4ever
09-15-2008, 11:29 AM
come on, someone tell me I am asking for crow or something. I try to stir the pot and no one listens

STAggie
09-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
come on, someone tell me I am asking for crow or something. I try to stir the pot and no one listens

I'll play this game. You're goin to eat a big helping of crow after Sealy wins a close one with Giddings.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I'll play this game. You're goin to eat a big helping of crow after Sealy wins a close one with Giddings.

Wont happen, Giddings will be the 1st tough team on the scedule, Giddings will win this one, by 3 tds.

STAggie
09-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Wont happen, Giddings will be the 1st tough team on the scedule, Giddings will win this one, by 3 tds.

Your disdain for Sealy must really eat you up. I was apart of the rivalry and know from first hand expierence how heated it is but I that will not keep me from saying that Bellville has a good team this year and are going to give a lot of teams more than they can handle. Why can't you do the same for Sealy?

Bull's-eye
09-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Your disdain for Sealy must really eat you up. I was apart of the rivalry and know from first hand expierence how heated it is but I that will not keep me from saying that Bellville has a good team this year and are going to give a lot of teams more than they can handle. Why can't you do the same for Sealy?

Maybe, FBB doesn't believe they are that good. He has a right to his oppinion and from what I saw in their first scrimmage, Sealy is over-rated. Let's see them against a quality opponent and we can see who is right.

STAggie
09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Maybe, FBB doesn't believe they are that good. He has a right to his oppinion and from what I saw in their first scrimmage, Sealy is over-rated. Let's see them against a quality opponent and we can see who is right.

They have come alnog way since that scrimmage and it goes beyond him thinking they aren't that good. Everytime Sealy is mentioned he goes out of his way to make a negative statement. If you are making your claim to how good they are off the first scrimmage of the year, then you have no basis to make a claim at all.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2008, 04:20 PM
They didn't really blow out the private school and they did struggle in the first half of the Hempstead game. I have talked to my friend in Sealy and he said they haven't played like a top 20 team. I wanted to see them against good team like Rice, but Ike took care of that. I'm not just basing my opinion on the scrimmage.

STAggie
09-15-2008, 04:22 PM
They didn't really blow out the private school and they did struggle in the first half of the Hempstead game. I have talked to my friend in Sealy and he said they haven't played like a top 20 team. I wanted to see them against good team like Rice, but Ike took care of that. I'm not just basing my opinion on the scrimmage.

I agree they haven't played as well as the should but it is early in the season and this team will only get better. I was also looking forward to the Rice game but oh well. If the team that showed up the second half of the Hempstead game shows up for a full game and improves each week, Sealy will be playing like a Top 10 team and shut all the critics' mouths.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2008, 05:32 PM
I agree they haven't played as well as the should but it is early in the season and this team will only get better.

With Sealy being a veteran team, I wouldn't expect the kind of improvement like last season. The 2007 Tigers were young and learning a new system, but this year's squad returned many players and has had a full year under Mitchell.

Yes, it's early in the season and Sealy will get better, but that also applys to most of the schools in the state. :thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2008, 05:58 PM

That quality opponent wont come till Giddings, unless the tigers pick up a good opponent in their open week.

teetle
09-16-2008, 01:04 PM
The Tigers will be O.K.. I was part of the last team to beat the Rice Raiders in O.T. It is good that the game got cancelled. Having a 2A team beating up on you is not good. Now we need to concentrate on the rest of the season and get out of District. Go Tigers.

bobcat04
09-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Sealy has a very good team. They have a ton of skill players and return the majority of their defense which was very impressive last year. If they can keep it together they will make a good run at a district title. Rice would have been a great test.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I was part of the last team to beat the Rice Raiders in O.T. It is good that the game got cancelled. Having a 2A team beating up on you is not good.

There are sealy people saying this.

BIGHOG_sTx
09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
The Tigers will be O.K.. I was part of the last team to beat the Rice Raiders in O.T. It is good that the game got cancelled. Having a 2A team beating up on you is not good. Now we need to concentrate on the rest of the season and get out of District. .

DON'T call this person a "Sealy Fan" just because he/she says he/she is from the town i have read some of his/her coments and all he/she can do is talk down on us COME WATCH US THIS FRIDAY and then rest of the season then we will prove we should be Top 10

IHStangFan
09-16-2008, 10:14 PM
The Tigers will be O.K.. I was part of the last team to beat the Rice Raiders in O.T. It is good that the game got cancelled. Having a 2A team beating up on you is not good. Now we need to concentrate on the rest of the season and get out of District. Go Tigers. (sniff-sniff) hey you guys smell that?? I smell a has-been w/ a severe case of Schwartzitus.

teetle
09-17-2008, 10:22 AM
The only thing I smell is jaybird crap,because the tigers have kicked that butt to.

I_DONT_CARE
09-17-2008, 10:25 AM
WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL OPEN? THIS GAME DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I_Do_Care
09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL OPEN? THIS GAME DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:wave: HI