PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: La Grange @ Needville

Pudlugger
09-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Well this game is starting to look very interesting. The Jays are looking good after a blowout win against Splendora and the Leps have found their offense beating Yoakum going away. I expect a high scoring game with the Leps winning by 7.

Pudlugger
09-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Bueller? Bueller?:D

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 05:27 PM
I'll take the jays cuz they're in our district.

TRENCHES06
09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
La Grange has 900 yards of offense in two games.

I'll go with LG by 14

Pudlugger
09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
La Grange has 900 yards of offense in two games.

I'll go with LG by 14

Yes and it looks like they are protecting the football now. I don't think they had a turnover against Yoakum. Their offense is starting to fire on all cylinders and the running game is surprisingly good so far. If they can get healthy by district I like their chances.
With Crouch injured we might expect to see the senior qb Henderson filling in some more as a linebacker on D. The O line has really started to take control of the line of scrimmage. If the Leps keep protecting the football they will be good.

navscanmaster
09-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Gotta go with Needville at home. My heart lies with the old district foes, the Leps, and I would like to see them take this game. I hope Ike doesn't steal this matchup from us, though.:(

Pudlugger
09-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Gotta go with Needville at home. My heart lies with the old district foes, the Leps, and I would like to see them take this game. I hope Ike doesn't steal this matchup from us, though.:(

I hope the schools get together this week and move the game up to Weds. Thursday will be the start of evacuation if Ike continues on track towards the Galveston/Matagorda coastal area.

zebrablue2
09-08-2008, 07:46 AM
should have put the game will never be played choice on this one-LOL... I will go with the jay's by 6... hope the storm stays away.

IHStangFan
09-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I have been looking forward to this game since the schedules first came out. Needville doesn't have 900yds of offense, but we do have 755 I believe, with over 500 of that being on the ground. I'll take the Jays by 3.

garciap77
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Needville by 7!

buff4ever
09-08-2008, 08:13 AM
I am voting for LG in this one, but yards and turnover stats against yoakum doesn't tell the tale yet. This week will be a better gauge for LG.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Got to go with Needville. After seeing them play vs Bellville in a scrimmage, even though Bellville won 4-1, Needville had a very good team. Needville will be the team to beat in their District. I see the Bluejays a 2 or better TD team over the Leps.

buff4ever
09-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Got to go with Needville. After seeing them play vs Bellville in a scrimmage, even though Bellville won 4-1, Needville had a very good team. Needville will be the team to beat in their District. I see the Bluejays a 2 or better TD team over the Leps.

what do you know, you only post on sealy threads anyway:D :D :D jk

That is a respectable post, this game will be a good game of the week. LG is trying to rise again and needville IS a good team already. LG has shown great potential and still yet sometimes the young growing mistakes. WHO REALLY KNOWS. that's why we play the game right?

Necks_Fan
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Got to go with Needville. After seeing them play vs Bellville in a scrimmage, even though Bellville won 4-1, Needville had a very good team. Needville will be the team to beat in their District. I see the Bluejays a 2 or better TD team over the Leps. I haven't seen the Jays yet, but gauging from you Bellville guys response, they must have some talent. The X Factor for Needville is the o line. 5 new starters = uncertainty.

The Jays have the backs, qb, and front 7 to get it done though.

I think WC/Needville game decides DC, but man..... I got a sneaking suspicion about Sweeny.

Brookshire Royal always has the talent but never has the Coaching/technique to translate it to wins.

Anyway, Go Jays!

Old Tiger
09-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Does needville return any of those RBs? I'm going with La Grange just because I'm mor familiar with the program.

IHStangFan
09-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Does needville return any of those RBs? I'm going with La Grange just because I'm mor familiar with the program. Needville returns 3 of about 5 RBs from last year. They are avg. anywhere from 4.7 to 11+ yds a carry depending on which back we're talking about. The backs look decent.

buff4ever
09-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Does needville return any of those RBs? I'm going with La Grange just because I'm mor familiar with the program.

Wow, descent message for, sort of. I read it quoted in another post again. Trust me, that's the only way I read your messages;) :D !

Now, the problem with your message above is this. You say you go w/ LG b/c you are more familiar with their program; but if you were, you would know it has sucked for 5 or 6 years. So what since does that make.

:D :D :D hard to take you serious on this board man, you just type to type I think:D :D :D

Pudlugger
09-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Now, the problem with your message above is this. You say you go w/ LG b/c you are more familiar with their program; but if you were, you would know it has sucked for 5 or 6 years. So what since does that make. :D :D :D hard to take you serious on this board man, you just type to type I think:D :D :D

I'll take the bait here and say you are dead wrong to say La Grange "sucked" for the last 5-6 years. In 2002 the Leps won their district and went 3 rounds into DIII Regional playoffs losing to Marlin. Their record was 11-2. In 2003 they won their district title and went 3 rounds into the DIII Region playoffs again losing to Marlin the eventual runner up in the 3A D2 title.

The Leps completed a 5 year run from 1999-2003 that included a state championship(2000) and a state runner up(2001) and a combined playoff record of 16-4. Overall the Leps went 57-13 from 1999-2003.

It wasn't until 2004 that the program fell off and they had a 2-8 season followed in 2005 at 4-6; 2006 8-3; and 2007 4-5. With a new coach since 2005, and an entirely new offense, this season marks the first season Coach Walker has only kids who played under his scheme at the high school level.

So really the Leps have had a four season drought going 18-19. That may suck to some folks up the road, but it is really just mediocre. IMO the mediocrity is coming to an end this year and the Leps are going to break out with winning season upsetting at least one big team along the way.

Giddings better look out this year because the Leps look to go in there and get some buffalo meat this season. They are overdue as the Buffs have owned the Leps since 2003(5-0). Before that the Leps had a 4 year run(5-0) where they owned the Buffs from 1999-2002, beating them twice on the way to the state final in 2001. Times are changing, its back to the future in Leopard territory.:D

LHS 2SONS
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Hit the nail on the head Pudlugger. I too have a few choice words about Giddings, but I will not comment. I do not have much respect for Giddings, it is just, I am more of a better person. To say that somebody sucks is just totally wrong.
GO LEPS!

pancho villa
09-09-2008, 01:23 PM
At least we have a real game this week.

TRENCHES06
09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Leps have the #2 offense in district--behind Giddings
The #1 QB (statistically) in Junior Schneider
The #1 WR (statistically) in Wilkerson
and are just waiting for the explosive running back to break out. (though his touches have been limited due to the passing game)

Needless to say, the LG offense is pretty explosive this year.

waterboy
09-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Here's what I think of everytime I hear about La Grange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MKPby9D8MQ

Don't know who will win this one, but La Grange has to be the favorite in my opinion.:D

Pudlugger
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Wilkerson at 6'3" 180 lbs is very difficult to defend and he will definitely be a big weapon this season. Wilson the 5'8" 180 lb rb has explosive speed and great moves. He will be getting a lot of touches this year. Both are sophomores so they will be around for awhile. Also, the Leps will be getting McHazelet back soon. He is a junior WR very talented and a starter from last season. I have not heard the status of senior lb Crouch who was injured Friday. Hopefully he will be back soon as well.

LHS 2SONS
09-09-2008, 03:34 PM
McHazlett is practicing this week but will not play, and Crouch is out for the year, torn ACL & MCL, having surgery next week

Necks_Fan
09-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Wilkerson at 6'3" 180 lbs is very difficult to defend and he will definitely be a big weapon this season. Wilson the 5'8" 180 lb rb has explosive speed and great moves. He will be getting a lot of touches this year. Both are sophomores so they will be around for awhile. Also, the Leps will be getting McHazelet back soon. He is a junior WR very talented and a starter from last season. I have not heard the status of senior lb Crouch who was injured Friday. Hopefully he will be back soon as well. Anybody know what Wilkerson's first name is?

Is he related to Thadeus, Needville's RB last year?

Related to Davis or Willy Wilkerson, former Needville Rbs?

LHS 2SONS
09-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Brandon Wilkerson

related with the other Wilkerson, I have no clue

buff4ever
09-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Sorry LG peeps, 4 years not 5 or 6. We have you for five, you had us for 5, and we had you for 7 of the 10 before that. Before that I am not sure what has happened. You will have your day again, but by dang; I would be willing to bet that giddings will not suck during that time when you do have us. I can't remember but 1 year in the past 15 w/o looking maybe 25 years that we were below 500. The year I remember us below 500 the buffs made the playoffs (i know sad), that was after my time, so you can all start to age me now.

Remember I picked LG in this game, make me look smart. Don't turn the ball over and be just as explosive against a little better team that Yoakum.

Pudlugger
09-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
McHazlett is practicing this week but will not play, and Crouch is out for the year, torn ACL & MCL, having surgery next week
Sorry to hear Crouch is lost for the season. He was a stud lb for sure. Hope his recovery is total. McHazelet will bring a new weapon to the game. Will #9 Henderson be seeing more time on defense now? He is a great athlete with size and strength and could really help the defense now that Crouch is out.

RattlerDude
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
with 900 yards of offense in the past two games I'll take La Grange. Pretty impressive

LHS 2SONS
09-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Any word yet?

IHStangFan
09-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Not sure, so I just sent Coach Roark an email asking him. We'll see if he responds or not.

LHS 2SONS
09-10-2008, 10:08 AM
LGISD Website just had an update at 9:30 and said the games is still on for Friday as planned???????????????

IHStangFan
09-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
LGISD Website just had an update at 9:30 and said the games is still on for Friday as planned??????????????? nothing out of Needville either.....so I'm guessing that is right.

TRENCHES06
09-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Rock you like a Hurricane

IHStangFan
09-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Rock you like a Hurricane sweet....now gimme the guitar riff!!

TRENCHES06
09-10-2008, 01:04 PM
cancelled

IHStangFan
09-10-2008, 01:07 PM
damn.....

IHStangFan
09-10-2008, 03:54 PM
This game has been canceled. :(

cdlvj
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Hurricane Ike seems to be headed our way. Currently Ike is rated as a hurricane 1. Forecasters say they believe the hurricane will strengthen to a category 3 when it strikes land. Now, where will it land? The latest data puts it most likely between Corpus Christi and Port Lavaca. If that that is correct, Fayette County will certainly feel some of the effects of hurricane Ike. Governor Rick Perry has authorized State active duty deployment for up to 7,500 Texas military soldiers and airmen in preparation of hurricane IKE.

The La Grange Leopards football game scheduled for Friday night in Needville has been cancelled due to Hurricane Ike. All other athletic events for La Grange have been cancelled to prepare for hurricane Ike.

Football games for Weimar, Schulenburg and Columbus have all been cancelled.

The varsity football game for Giddings Buffaloes is scheduled for tonight at 7:30 p.m.

Fayetteville ISD will have an early release on Friday, September 12th at 12:30 p.m. athletic events for Friday and Saturday have been cancelled.

St. Rose of Lima Catholic School in Schulenburg will dismiss at 1 p.m. Thursday, September 11th in preparation for hurricane Ike, there will be extended daycare until 5:30 p.m. School will be closed on Friday, September 12th.

kingoftheranch
09-10-2008, 05:25 PM
la grange would of won in a route. but luckily enough for needville it got cancelled

Necks_Fan
09-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by kingoftheranch
la grange would of won in a route. but luckily enough for needville it got cancelled Needville would have given LaGrange all they wanted and then some. Possibly winning it.

Any chance of it getting made up? Or will it just get cancelled and not played because of Non-District?

I was hoping this game would get played because ours was cancelled. I was hoping to get to see this one.

LHS 2SONS
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
LGISD Website said it will not be made up. I sure wish we could have played, it would have been a game in which each program could really see where they are at this time of year.

Pudlugger
09-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Just got back from Rockport. Spent the day anchoring ties to my boat in the yard there. They were very busy hauling out boats and tying everything down in the boatyard. The towns were busy boarding up windows all the way up to Victoria.

Sorry to hear it was canceled but this storm is getting huge and it is coming ashore around Matagorda or just north most likely. It is a Cat 2 now but projected to be a Cat 4! Would expect wind of 40-50 mph very heavy rain and threats of tornadoes along the inland path.

We'll need to worry about the evacuees now and just pray everyone is safe.