PDA

View Full Version : So, Rocket.....

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Just wondering, but has your position changed at all? ;)

Originally posted by Rocket
You idealists (cuz you can't be realists) on here that say or choose to believe that Brownwood dropping to 3A is not a big deal and Brownwood won't make the playoffs are 1 grape short of a fruit salad. The good thing is that we are not playing a bunch of sorry teams (like Celina is) and have a strong shot at being the undisputed #1 team in 3A after our undefeated pre-district schedule beating teams such as Stephenville and Liberty Hill. Won't be much room for argument after we pull that off. But the funny thing is, unlike in 4A, if we do lose any of those games, we still have a shot to win it all, BECAUSE 3A is not even close to the 4A level. Huge fall off level wise between the Top 4A and the Top 3A. Big difference. Also, that head coach from Celina who had the audactity to try to schedule SLC should be whipped. That is disrespectful. That is like TCU trying to schedule the Dallas Cowboys.

Having 3 D1 Recruits that commit before the season starts is ALWAYS a positive factor. It says alot for your program. Doesn't guarantee anything, just says that we have 3 kids that experts agree can play on the next level. Pretty good for a 3A that might not make the playoffs... yeah right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a big world out there 3A, much bigger than 3A, much faster than 3A, much stronger than 3A, and much better than 3A and we have been living in it for the last 20+ years. It's like UT switching over to Conference USA. I am sure TCU and all the boys would be talking their little trash about "don't expect to come in here and us just hand you the trophy" and meanwhile UT is laughing their heads off...

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

You idealists (cuz you can't be realists) on here that say or choose to believe that Brownwood dropping to 3A is not a big deal and Brownwood won't make the playoffs are 1 grape short of a fruit salad. The good thing is that we are not playing a bunch of sorry teams (like Celina is) and have a strong shot at being the undisputed #1 team in 3A after our undefeated pre-district schedule beating teams such as Stephenville and Liberty Hill. Won't be much room for argument after we pull that off. But the funny thing is, unlike in 4A, if we do lose any of those games, we still have a shot to win it all, BECAUSE 3A is not even close to the 4A level. Huge fall off level wise between the Top 4A and the Top 3A. Big difference. Also, that head coach from Celina who had the audactity to try to schedule SLC should be whipped. That is disrespectful. That is like TCU trying to schedule the Dallas Cowboys.

Having 3 D1 Recruits that commit before the season starts is ALWAYS a positive factor. It says alot for your program. Doesn't guarantee anything, just says that we have 3 kids that experts agree can play on the next level. Pretty good for a 3A that might not make the playoffs... yeah right.

quote:
There is a big world out there 3A, much bigger than 3A, much faster than 3A, much stronger than 3A, and much better than 3A and we have been living in it for the last 20+ years. It's like UT switching over to Conference USA. I am sure TCU and all the boys would be talking their little trash about "don't expect to come in here and us just hand you the trophy" and meanwhile UT is laughing their heads off... :D :stirpot: :1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 11:26 AM
SNAP!!! Wow Rocket...you said THAT?????

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Well heck, I might as well add the 2 quotes I pulled to this thread to!! :D

In 4A, we were underdogs in the big games, in 3A, we will be as good or better than any team we play.

Abilene Wylie will be big school. By 50 plus...
Brownwood has always scheduled the best possible in pre-district. It makes for high levels of intensity each Friday. We don't back away from a fight.

Liberty Who? Looking forward to letting the rest of 3a understand just what happened when Brownwood dropped. Scheduling them should let them know its ours now. Sorry... Ha Ha

sinton66
09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
There is a big world out there 3A, much bigger than 3A, much faster than 3A, much stronger than 3A, and much better than 3A and we have been living in it for the last 20+ years. It's like UT switching over to Conference USA. I am sure TCU and all the boys would be talking their little trash about "don't expect to come in here and us just hand you the trophy" and meanwhile UT is laughing their heads off...

Are you still laughing? FYI, other drop downs have tried to say the same sort of things. Most of them end up in a rude awakening. 3A is tougher than most know. The elite 3A's can play with ANY 4A.

cshscougar08
09-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh boy this should get an interesting reaction.

:eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Are you still laughing? FYI, other drop downs have tried to say the same sort of things. Most of them end up in a rude awakening. 3A is tougher than most know. The elite 3A's can play with ANY 4A.

As I said on the update thread. I think whenever WOS finally came here and gave 3A credit for being more competitive than they thought it would be, they gained lots of respect.

That is all we want!!

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 11:29 AM
<<< lay still Rocket....don't move a muscle...they'll eventually go away!!>>>

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
<<< lay still Rocket....don't move a muscle...they'll eventually go away!!>>>

You don't know us very well AT ALL...do ya!;) :p

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well heck, I might as well add the 2 quotes I pulled to this thread to!! :D
Many kudos to you, RM! :clap: :D :devil:

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 11:31 AM
You don't know us very well AT ALL...do ya!;) :p

<<< shhhh....buzzards!!!>>>>

bobcat1
09-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Also, that head coach from Celina who had the audactity to try to schedule SLC should be whipped. That is disrespectful. That is like TCU trying to schedule the Dallas Cowboys.

Thanks! Coach Ford can use this later in the season maybe. Methinks young Rocket open mouth inserteth paw. Maybe LaVega whipped some sense into that high head. :taunt: :taunt: :redX:

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 11:32 AM
<<< shhhh....buzzards!!!>>>>

Nah.....it's just CROW!!!:D

JR2004
For the nice Brownwood fans, which are most of y'all, just skip right past this because this is in no way intended for y'all.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess them ol' 6"4 WR's were just too much for MODOC last night...ROFL.

"They Just Don't Know"

That's right Deb us folks who have teams in 3A JUST DIDN'T KNOW. Well we know now. To borrow from Mike Leach...Sometimes a Pirate is better than a Lion.

"We aren't WO-S"

This was a true quote right here. They aren't WO-S and Mustang fans should feel insulted that there was ever any comparison. WO-S is coached by a living legend who goes by the name Dan Hooks (I know I know who in the heck is that guy? Never been heard of since he coaches way out there in SE Texas.) who gave MODOC all they wanted last year from START to FINISH in the playoffs.

Oh those rude awakenings that some fans get when they drop down to 3A.

wimbo_pro
Nah.....it's just CROW!!!:D

hahahahahahaha

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh lord....

I see it coming. What's gottne into you recently LHPM? Have you been taking testosterone shots or something? You have been quite defensive and rowled up lately.....:thinking:

:eek: ;) :p

:stirpot:

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Oh lord....

I see it coming. What's gottne into you recently LHPM? Have you been taking testosterone shots or something? You have been quite defensive and rowled up lately.....:thinking:

:eek: ;) :p

:stirpot:
I'm not defensive at all. And you should pay more attention instead of just to "lately". :devil:

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 11:41 AM
This is getting scary!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/buse_6/vultures.jpg

Emerson1
09-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
The elite 3A's can play with ANY 4A.
No they can't. LH wouldn't know what to when they went up against a dline that was bigger and could match player for player unlike most 3As have a couple big guys then the rest you are subbing in and out because they are being pancaked all night

JR2004
09-06-2008, 11:44 AM
This is getting scary!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/buse_6/vultures.jpg

ROFL...

That dude can eat all the crow he wants and it wouldn't be enough for all the idiotic quotes he put up. I'm sure his response will be something like "Oh I was just getting everyone fired up" or "Don't take me seriously." Little fella thought his team was going to have a cakewalk by dropping down because of no more enrollment disparity. I guess a school with an enrollment of 650 can dominate them just like a school with three times that enrollment. :)

ProudHornetMom
09-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Trust me. I have seen it work. It is a circus act. It's weenie football. It's "let's trick 'em" football. You probably have a slot run across as the ball is being hiked and you are faking here and there. Probably a triple option most of the time, hoping that the defense chases the wrong player. It is very deceptive. It's a gimic offense.

Just another example.

The difference between cockiness and confidence is cockiness will get you goaded and kicked in the a#$ when you lose. We all appreciate confidence in one's team but when you repeatedly attack below the belt with a demeaning attitude it gets old fast and the buzzards will circle.

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM
He said THAT???

Man, I missed quite a bit!!

Rocket
09-06-2008, 12:19 PM

quote:

Yep. I said all that and will chew on some of it for now. But, the season isn't over yet. Those were real early posts and I was real defensive. I know I was responding to somebody and I know I didn't start a thread called 3A sucks.

I will give 3A respect. One of the best teams in 3A beat us for 1/2 of a game and beat us good. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. And if need be, I will eat some more crow.

In my defense, I have settled down quite a bit since the beginning. I have mixed it up some with several on here, and it's al in fun. I have also done my best to build relationships with some of the people on here. I still take jabs, but I try to balance it out with the positive too.

We should be 3A for a while, and I am loving it! I hope you guys will forgive me for those early posts. I would have gone back and erased them if i could, not to save face, but because they were way too over the top. But I said it, and you have very right to post it.

Oh and bobcat1, I have plenty of ammo from your Celina posters for our board as well. ;)

Trashman
09-06-2008, 12:21 PM
We lost a football game! OMG! :weeping: The world is coming to an end, I can't stand it!:speech: This has got to be the worst case of maroon flu I have ever had.................no wait!:( You mean that this was a non-district game.......not a game that has any bearing on the out come of our season?:confused: It dosen't matter? It's one of those games that we learn from our mistakes and build up on what we did right?:blush:.....................Well alrighty then!:D Who's next?:devil:

You people crack me up!:D

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 12:22 PM
and it's al in fun. I have also done my best to build relationships with some of the people on here. I still take jabs, but I try to balance it out with the positive too.

And that's the purpose here - have some fun, take some jabs, eat some crow & build some relationships. :)

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:25 PM

We should be 3A for a while, and I am loving it! I hope you guys will forgive me for those early posts. I would have gone back and erased them if i could, not to save face, but because they were way too over the top. But I said it, and you have very right to post it.

Well heck....now you done went and made me feel guilty!!:(

Rocket
09-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
We lost a football game! OMG! :weeping: The world is coming to an end, I can't stand it!:speech: This has got to be the worst case of maroon flu I have ever had.................no wait!:( You mean that this was a non-district game.......not a game that has any bearing on the out come of our season?:confused: It dosen't matter? It's one of those games that we learn from our mistakes and build up on what we did right?:blush:.....................Well alrighty then!:D Who's next?:devil:

You people crack me up!:D

No trashman... it's all over! shhhhh..they think we are dead.

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 12:26 PM

NOW you are getting it Rocket...lay still...shhhhhh...

ProudHornetMom
09-06-2008, 12:27 PM
The good news is that the after-effects of eating crow doesn't last long. The dread of eating it is worse than actually doing it.

I ate crow last week. One of the best things about 3adownlow is that once that crow is eaten, it's done. Downlowers won't keep bringing it up or rehashing unless forced to do so.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:27 PM

You had totally redeemed yourself with the post before this one!!

Dude!!:dispntd:

Rocket
09-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Well heck....now you done went and made me feel guilty!!:(

Yeah, well this thread is gonna make everybody dislike me again and throw new people into that crowd. I have tried to balance it all out and show respect in my own way. Oh well...

please post dates with those quotes...

daug
09-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Rocketman? Elton John, is that you. Or is it Fred Randle, the man who went to Mars with a monkey? You are the joke LOL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Brownwood doesn't suck, you do. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Welcome to AAA.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by daug
Brownwood doesn't suck, you do. Personal attack?

Dude, for somebody with only 13 posts, YOU got some nads taking shots like that.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, well this thread is gonna make everybody dislike me again and throw new people into that crowd. I have tried to balance it all out and show respect in my own way. Oh well...

please post dates with those quotes...

First of all, I respect that you came back here and gave props to LaVega!! And I do think your opinion has changed somewhat.

I think you answered the original question on this thread. "So Rocket, has your position changed?" (and the quotes to state what your position WAS at the time.)

As far as the quotes I personally posted, I said either in this thread or the first thread I put them in that they were some of your first posts.....as a matter of fact, one of them WAS your very first post.

But, as requested....the 2 I quotes I posted were posted on 2/1 and 2/3....realignment day and 2 days after!!

Rocket
09-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Personal attack?

It's ok Necks..it's true..Don't hold what I have said against Brownwood... I haven't represented the way i should have... I have been trying lately to show more respect and represent.

it's funny how people i have never heard of will come out of nowhere and take shots.

JR2004
Your post was dead on... I'll give you that...

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Rocketman? Elton John, is that you. Or is it Fred Randle, the man who went to Mars with a monkey? You are the joke LOL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Brownwood doesn't suck, you do. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Welcome to AAA.

That is so lame it doesn't even warrant a response!

Trashman
09-06-2008, 12:40 PM

Dude! That was totally uncalled for!

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 12:44 PM
It's ok Necks..it's true..Don't hold what I have said against Brownwood... I haven't represented the way i should have... I have been trying lately to show more respect and represent.

it's funny how people i have never heard of will come out of nowhere and take shots.

JR2004
Your post was dead on... I'll give you that... Don't worry bro. I got the same treatment when I came here. Although we were already 3A. I jus said we would dominate all season.

I got a MEAN dose of crow in the playoffs 07 and last year at Columbus.

It's all good man. There's haters wherever.

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Don't worry bro. I got the same treatment when I came here. Although we were already 3A. I jus said we would dominate all season.

I got a MEAN dose of crow in the playoffs 07 and last year at Columbus.

It's all good man. There's haters wherever.

So wait...if you spout off and then have to eat crow, the other people are the "haters" :D

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 12:46 PM

It's all good. If you didn't kind of fit in, we'd either be mean about it or ignore you. :eek: ;)

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
So wait...if you spout off and then have to eat crow, the other people are the "haters" :D Yes.:D

Rocket
09-06-2008, 12:47 PM
You had totally redeemed yourself with the post before this one!!

Dude!!:dispntd:

The shhh statement didn't mean that I didn't mean what I posted...it meant everybody thinks we are dead because we got beat.

Just wanted to clarify.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
It's all good. If you didn't kind of fit in, we'd either be mean about it or ignore you. :eek: ;)

Aint that the truth!!!

Rocket, you have added the kind of excitement to the board that we actually love!!!

I'm glad you are here, you keep me on my toes!!!

Rocket
09-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Aint that the truth!!!

Rocket, you have added the kind of excitement to the board that we actually love!!!

HA HA...that is what I mean by its all in fun. If it wasn't that to me, I wouldn't be here right now trying to swallow these darn black feathers!!

Hey I just noticed I am a letterman...wow, look at that.

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 12:49 PM

...says RM as she slowly removes the claws from Rocket's carcus.

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah, well this thread is gonna make everybody dislike me again and throw new people into that crowd.

No. All you have to say is that you underestimated 3A football.
Posters have been waiting six months for Brownwood to lose
because of some of your posts. You had to know this was
coming.:thinking:

Trashman
09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
because of some of your posts.:thinking:

If that is so......then some of you need to get a real life. I don't know of any Brownwood fan that would say the same thing about any team.:D :D :D

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 01:04 PM
any Brownwood fan

:D

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't know of any Brownwood fan that would say the same thing about any team.:D :D :D

:doh:

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
No. All you have to say is that you underestimated 3A football.
because of some of your posts. You had to know this was
coming.:thinking:

I did say that, in so many words. Also, I AM A POT STIRRER... I am not a butt slapper. All my posts aimed at Sweetwater are still in tact and I stand behind every one of them. So butt out...

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I did say that, in so many words. Also, I AM A POT STIRRER... I am not a butt slapper. All my posts aimed at Sweetwater are still in tact and I stand behind every one of them. So butt out...

What does Sweetwater have to do with you talking about
Brownwood dominating 3A...uh..Richard?:doh:

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:12 PM
rocket sucks

brownwood sucks

they all suck!

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
rocket sucks

brownwood sucks

they all suck!

Nah! Just Rocket. :thinking:

Trashman
09-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Okay.......maybe a few....:D

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Nah! Just Rocket. :thinking:

<<<chuckles>>>

As long as there is still meat on them thar bones....

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 01:51 PM
IMO, Rocket is being a good sport about all the tar & feathers. At least we know he can dance! :D

Personally, I don't think Brownwood is dead. I look forward to seeing how the rest of their season pans out.

I love this board! :inlove: ;)

sinton66
09-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Yep. I said all that and will chew on some of it for now. But, the season isn't over yet. Those were real early posts and I was real defensive. I know I was responding to somebody and I know I didn't start a thread called 3A sucks.

I will give 3A respect. One of the best teams in 3A beat us for 1/2 of a game and beat us good. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. And if need be, I will eat some more crow.

In my defense, I have settled down quite a bit since the beginning. I have mixed it up some with several on here, and it's al in fun. I have also done my best to build relationships with some of the people on here. I still take jabs, but I try to balance it out with the positive too.

Good post. Good response. Brownwood fans certainly wouldn't be the first to drop down into 3A and firmly believe they would dominate only to learn some humility.

sinton66
09-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No they can't. LH wouldn't know what to when they went up against a dline that was bigger and could match player for player unlike most 3As have a couple big guys then the rest you are subbing in and out because they are being pancaked all night

Tell me all about it, "Mr. Football".:rolleyes: I've SEEN it happen many times. Lots of 3A's play 4A's in predistrict.

Snydertigersrul
09-06-2008, 03:51 PM
ROCKET, how does it feel to eat CROW. You had your quarterback already declared for the NFL draft and that it would be a cakewalk. Whle the top teams in the state may be 5A, 3A is the toughest of all.
I can't believe that Brownwood lost (:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: )

Rocket
09-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
ROCKET, how does it feel to eat CROW. You had your quarterback already declared for the NFL draft and that it would be a cakewalk. Whle the top teams in the state may be 5A, 3A is the toughest of all.
I can't believe that Brownwood lost (:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: )

I knew you wouldn't show any class.

ronwx5x
09-06-2008, 04:14 PM
All you crow throwers remember the season is not over when Brownwood lost. They still have a game against Liberty Hill and I don't think Liberty Hill wants to get them any madder than they already are. I for one do not believe Brownwood will now roll over for the rest of this "lost" season, but will continue to be dangerous. Be careful purple Panthers!

:1popcorn:

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
All you crow throwers remember the season is not over when Brownwood lost. They still have a game against Liberty Hill and I don't think Liberty Hill wants to get them any madder than they already are. I for one do not believe Brownwood will now roll over for the rest of this "lost" season, but will continue to be dangerous. Be careful purple Panthers!

:1popcorn:

Hey there is no doubt Brownwood is very good. Truth be told either
Wylie or Brownwood is going to win our district. But now we
can put all the 16-0 talk to bed and watch the season unfold.:)

Rocket
09-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey there is no doubt Brownwood is very good. Truth be told either
Wylie or Brownwood is going to win our district. But now we
can put all the 16-0 talk to bed and watch the season unfold.:)

Yeah cuz that is all we talked about...:nerd: :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah cuz that is all we talked about...:nerd: :rolleyes:

Let it go man...

Rocket
09-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Let it go man...

You first.

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2008, 04:39 PM
You first.

nm..

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 04:46 PM
You first. :speech:

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/wee1.gif... http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/monkey2.gif

Maroon87
09-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:speech:

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/wee1.gif... http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/monkey2.gif

:tmi:

Rocket
09-06-2008, 05:04 PM
LOL

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue rocket sucks brownwood sucks they all suck!

:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

hollywood
09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
this is great!

BwdLion73
09-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Well we could have won is La Vega hadn't cheated.

They would not give us the ball in the second half! LOL ;)

Congrats La Vega:clap:

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
this is great! Hollywood is for Wannabe's. and rich people who think they are celebrities. --- and idiots of course.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73 Well we could have won is La Vega hadn't cheated.They would not give us the ball in the second half! LOL ;) Congrats La Vega:clap: haha...damn ball hogs!!!but it's all good.:D

Stownhorse
09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Parr is locked up and yall still got rocked. There will be more of those to come. So dont be so cocky.

Rocket
09-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Parr is locked up and yall still got rocked. There will be more of those to come. So dont be so cocky.

Time will tell... and um...YES SIR! LOL

zebrablue2
09-06-2008, 06:55 PM
And that's the purpose here - have some fun, take some jabs, eat some crow & build some relationships. :)

:clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
You had your quarterback already declared for the NFL draft. :thinking: :thinking: Rocket said that?

Lion_Addict
09-06-2008, 07:23 PM

Guess I'm more of a butt slapper......where's RM???? :kiss: :D

I just couldn't resist...... ;)

Rocket
09-06-2008, 07:35 PM
:thinking: :thinking: Rocket said that?

Of course not. Do you take anything that guys says seriously?
LOL

daug
09-06-2008, 10:34 PM
How will Bwood fair against Stephenville? The Ville does not look very good this year. I think Bwood takes it. In spite of Rocket.

Rocket
09-07-2008, 09:33 AM
How will Bwood fair against Stephenville? The Ville does not look very good this year. I think Bwood takes it. In spite of Rocket.

Hey daug...Truce? Can't we all just get along?

In recent history, Brownwood/Sville is a big rivalry game which means you will hopefully see the best from both teams. Both teams usually step up and make it a good game. I know if we can cause Sville to go 0-3, That would be the first time in a long time that has happened to them. It's always a crazy atmosphere and a fun game to watch. I think Bronwowod has the edge this season, but don't count Sville out. I have seen Sville find a way to win our matchup way too many times to say we are gonna just whip them.

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey daug...Truce? Can't we all just get along?

In recent history, Brownwood/Sville is a big rivalry game which means you will hopefully see the best from both teams. Both teams usually step up and make it a good game. I know if we can cause Sville to go 0-3, That would be the first time in a long time that has happened to them. It's always a crazy atmosphere and a fun game to watch. I think Bronwowod has the edge this season, but don't count Sville out. I have seen Sville find a way to win our matchup way too many times to say we are gonna just whip them. :clap: YAY! Intelligence at long last.;) :devil:

I know, coming from me that's funy. I can already hear it.:hand:

wimbo_pro
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Where is the game played? What is the history going back 5 years or so?

Rocket
09-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Where is the game played? What is the history going back 5 years or so?

Well, historically, it is called the Battle of 377. Brownwood vs. Stephenville goes way back (decades). It didn't become a rivalry until Art Briles showed up in Stephenville about 1988. The first season he was there, we tied 7-7. Coach Freeman was on that staff. As the years went by, Stephenville got better and the program was established, with them finally beating us in 1990. Over the years, the city of Stephenville had grown very bitter toward Brownwood and legend has it, Art Briles told the school board while interviewing "I want this much money (80k back in 1988) and I will guarantee that we beat Brownwood."

The next 10 years would begin a rivalry that would reach drastic levels. Some of the highlights for us are the 1996 Double Overtime Victory by Brownwood in Brownwood. The 1998 Victory by Brownwood in Stephenville (this Sville team broke all kinds of offensive records and went on to win the State Championship). Since 1990, Stephenville has dominated the series 11-4 and has racked up 4 4A State Championships. Since Art Briles left, they have been slowly declining. We always argue with Sville fans that this game means way more to them than it does to us (which is true). On gameday, Sville usually holds a parade, city-wide pep rallies, and more. For Brownwood it is not as hyped (no bonfires, parades), but a big game nonetheless.

Brownwood and Sville have not played the last 2 years. And since we were moved out of their district 4 years ago, the rivalry has suffered somewhat because of the fact that the game having no playoff implications or effects on the district standings.

I am curious to see what the 2 year layoff will do to the game. I am sure it will be a big game atmosphere. We play in Brownwood and i know it should be packed on both sides. I believe the game usually averages 12,000-15,000 in attendance. It is amazing to witness.

popcorn screen
09-07-2008, 10:58 AM
If the ville continues to lose games by going for it on 4th down in your own territory with the lead and only a few precious minutes left........then BW will win.:nerd:

wimbo_pro
09-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Sounds like THIS should be game of the week.

hollywood
09-07-2008, 12:33 PM
It should be game of the week in my opinion. Rocket, nice history lesson for those that aren't up to speed in this rivalry. Great game to witness. Lions are hungry to show that they are contenders for the 3A chase for glory. S'ville on the other hand is hungry for their first win of the season. When was the last time they went 0-3? Should be a great atmosphere!

daug
09-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Truce. And I am pulling for the AAA shcool anyway. Hope y'all pull out the win. Heard the big kid going to LSU was hurt, know anything? He did not play the 2nd half Friday night. Hope he gets back in there. Did you see what Briles' Bears did. Say where Kirby had a TD toss.