PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Texas Train coming to Encore Western Channel

Phil C
09-06-2008, 10:53 AM
This is a great 1988 tv movie western with humor heavily emphasized. The movie is about the farther adventures of some of the old lawmen from the 1969 and 1970 tv movies called The Over The Hill Gang and The Over the Hill Gang Rides Again.
John Henry Lee is an outlaw who was captured robbing a train 20 years earlier and has been put in prison but is pardoned and decides to try to rob the train again. To get money he robs the bank in Del Rio, Texas. Texas Ranger Owen Hayes is the lawman who had captured him 20 years earlier and worked for his pardon. He is determined to stop him and the fun begins.
Encore Western Showed this movie last night and for them it was a premier but it is promised to be showned again and I will announce the time. The movie has several well known leading stars and supporting stars in it which makes it a treat. Fortunate indeed are we that it is being made available by the great Encore Western Channel.

The great singer/ actor Willie Nelson plays John Henry Lee and he does very well in this role.

Richard Widmark plays Texas Ranger Captain Owen Hayes (Originally played by Pat O'Brien in the other tv movies)

Chuch Conners (Rifleman) plays Nash Crawford (originally played by Walter Brennan)

Ken Curtis (Gunsmoke's Festus) plays Kelly Sutton.

Royal Dano plays Nitro Jones.

Jack Elam plays Jason Finch (originally played by Edgar Buchannan)

Gene Evans plays Fargo Parker

Dub Taylor plays Charlie Lee

Stuart Whitman plays Gentleman George Asque (originally played by Chill Wills)

Angie Dickenson (Police Woman on tv) plays Maggie Hayes

Kevin McCarthy (star of the original and best 1956 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers) plays the governor.

Harry Carey Jr. plays Herald Fitch. He played in many of John Wayne's movies.

Clare Carey plays Meg Boley

Shaun Cassidy the popular singer and star in the TV series the Hardy Boys plays the one of the younger outlaws - Cotton.

Hank Worden is briefly in it at the first part of the movie with Chuck Conners. He was in many of John Wayne's movies as well as others. One of his great roles was as Mose Harper in John Wayne's movie The Searchers.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 06:24 PM
LOL. This thread had only one view and it has been one here for atleast 12 hrs.

HAHA. LMAO. I guess none of us care enough about Phil's westerns to even open this thread. What if it was importsnt?

Lol.

Man.... I just had to post when I saw that.

Phil C
09-08-2008, 08:55 AM
I see that since Necks has posted there has been more interest in the thread go. Well Done Necks! :clap: