1. Celina
2. Liberty Hill
3. La Vega
4. West Orange Stark
5. Gilmer
6. Cuero
7. Brownwood
8. Navasota
9. A. Wylie (Only cuz they lost. If ya'll would have won, then it would have been a 3-4 ranking.)
10. Giddings
11. China Spring
12. Sealy
13. Bellville :D
14. Prosper
15. Carthage
16. Jasper
17. Burkburnett
18. Rockdale
19. Progreso (That's for you IHStangfan)
20. Columbia :D

Anyway, there it is.:)

slingshot
09-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Uhhh... Thanks? :rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Uhhh... Thanks? :rolleyes: LOL. I KNEW I was missing somebody. I had ya'll at 5, then decided to move em down and never put em back on. It just didn't seem right.... Hey. I'm going to fix it in a min.

K-MAC Chuck
09-06-2008, 10:08 AM
wow....
some personal opinions..

*Navasota's too low...

*China Spring's too low...

*La Vega/Giddings, right on.

*Rockdale's gonna keep climbing

*and, NOT BEING a homer, as I'd say this for any state champ..when did Liberty Hill lose to drop to #2? (yes I know, Celina won last year but whom did they lose to the year before in the state championship?) :D

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
*and, NOT BEING a homer, as I'd say this for any state champ..when did Liberty Hill lose to drop to #2? (yes I know, Celina won last year but whom did they lose to the year before in the state championship?) :D
Haven't you heard? Celina was much more "impressive" in their Zero week win. :doh: :D

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Sorry....but necks is on my "not to be taken seriously" list...right under Go Blue!!:p

Emerson1
09-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sorry....but necks is on my "not to be taken seriously" list...right under Go Blue!!:p

:( :( :( :( :( :(

navscanmaster
09-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Haven't you heard? Celina was much more "impressive" in their Zero week win. :doh: :D

Liberty Hill will have to quit letting teams back into it in the fourth quarter. They are still #1 IMO though. They will get rolling soon.

bobcat1
09-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
wow....
some personal opinions..

*Navasota's too low...

*China Spring's too low...

*La Vega/Giddings, right on.

*Rockdale's gonna keep climbing

I'm with ya Chuck and LHPM. Celina needs to be lower than Liberty Hill. I think LaVega is the new #1 but that will be determined later. Impressive win on all accounts over a highly touted Brownwood team. Celina has yet to play anyone and Liberty Hill is playing tough competition. Makes good sense, right?

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
:( :( :( :( :( :(

Why are you sad?? You are FIRST on the list!!;)

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Who do you suggest I move down to put Navasota and China Spring up?

Gilmer? Yea.... 64.5 ppg
Maybe Brownwood.... but would moving them down to 10 make sense?

And I put Celina ahead just because everybody doesn't ride their jock non stop like they do Lh..... so Yea.

And LH's win in the State Championship in 06 has alot to do with the week 1 rankings in 08....
:clap:

buff4ever
09-06-2008, 11:10 AM
All in all I would say not bad poll for only 2 weeks to base it on. LH and Celina could go 1 and 2 either way, I would prolly keep LH #1 till beat, they are working on the greatest streak in 3a right now. Wylie could prolly be 2 or 3 slots further up.

Giddings, Sealy and Bellville should prolly be all back to back to back in any order around the 10 to 13 spots, so you are pretty close there. I would like to hope you have the order right if you flop bellville and sealy. Sealy hasn't quite shown me they have it together as bellville. Like I said hope giddings stays in front of them after we all beat up on each other.

Wouldn't argue with any others, pretty good.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
All in all I would say not bad poll for only 2 weeks to base it on. LH and Celina could go 1 and 2 either way, I would prolly keep LH #1 till beat, they are working on the greatest streak in 3a right now. Wylie could prolly be 2 or 3 slots further up.

Giddings, Sealy and Bellville should prolly be all back to back to back in any order around the 10 to 13 spots, so you are pretty close there. I would like to hope you have the order right if you flop bellville and sealy. Sealy hasn't quite shown me they have it together as bellville. Like I said hope giddings stays in front of them after we all beat up on each other.

Wouldn't argue with any others, pretty good. My point is- The top 13 in that list are in another level than the rest....

Celina, La Vega, and Lh are in the NEXT level..... the bonafide top 3 anyway you slice it.

Everybody from 4-13 you could make a case for. Anyway, this is just my opinion..... maybe instead of just telling em to mover some up, tell me who to replace em with.

You can say CS, Navasota, Wylie shopuld all be higher..... but who goes down?

They can be mixed and matched... those programs can all hang with one another.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. Some of ya'll should post what you think.... and I would say the TCA team Celina just played was legit.

Emerson1
09-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Why are you sad?? You are FIRST on the list!!;)
Whew!

charlesrixey
09-06-2008, 12:12 PM
1. la vega
2. WOS
3. Liberty Hill
4. Celina

(this from a celina fan)

celina has a lot of potential, but LV is probably the #1 right now

AW, gilmer, CS are all right there though--and bwood is still a top ten team, for now

celina hasn't really played a team the caliber of top ten yet, although TCA wasn't too shabby

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
1. la vega
2. WOS
3. Liberty Hill
4. Celina

(this from a celina fan)

celina has a lot of potential, but LV is probably the #1 right now

AW, gilmer, CS are all right there though--and bwood is still a top ten team, for now

celina hasn't really played a team the caliber of top ten yet, although TCA wasn't too shabby Who has WOS played? I know they play today.

charlesrixey
09-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Who has WOS played? I know they play today.

they beat 4A Nederland last week--and nederland ain't bad

BobcatBenny
09-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I am sticking with Celina working their way into the top 10 as was my position at the start of the season.

I do not have a problem with someone ranking them in the top ten, but based on what I have seen, I would not be moving them up from #2.

As of right now I would put them at #11. I have seen some things I am not sure about right now.

The Bobcats certainly could do well, but it is still coagulating. ;)

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry....but necks is on my "not to be taken seriously" list...right under Go Blue!!:p I'm good when it comes to polls and sports information :D

Mean Green Fan
09-06-2008, 12:55 PM
My two cents.....

The top 4 should be
1.Liberty Hill...... until someone beats them
2.Celina
3. La Vega
4.Navasota

Brownwood probably 10.... I think they have more losses to come.

WOS did beat a pretty good 4A team but so did Cuero

Cuero beat a top 20 3a team also pretty badly.WOS plays another 4a team tonight.

China Spring and Sealy have not played as tough of preseason
schedule as WOS and Cuero and some of the others.they both look good.....

Wylie deserves to be the top ten.....

If Giddings is not top ten then certainly 11....

WildTexan972
09-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Celina is not the #1 3A team in the state right now, but they are one of the top10 teams....they look like they usually do about this time of year, which means as they improve they will keep winning...

TCA was a pretty good team - they were easily better than 3 of the 3A teams we beat in the playoffs last year, about as good as Pittsburg, and probably not that far behind Snyder....but CS was by far the best team we faced last year....

right now polls don't mean squat, but I would say this year there are more great upper level 3A teams than there was last year, and with all the shuffling from the UIL, Region1 is much improved from years past....

bobcat1
09-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Celina is not the #1 3A team in the state right now, but they are one of the top10 teams....they look like they usually do about this time of year, which means as they improve they will keep winning...

TCA was a pretty good team - they were easily better than 3 of the 3A teams we beat in the playoffs last year, about as good as Pittsburg, and probably not that far behind Snyder....but CS was by far the best team we faced last year....

right now polls don't mean squat, but I would say this year there are more great upper level 3A teams than there was last year, and with all the shuffling from the UIL, Region1 is much improved from years past.... :ditto: :iagree: Great post by (am I saying this) Wild Texan. You hit the nail on the head for my thoughts.;)

Mean Green Fan
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
I will say this....
the top ten in 3A can certainly be competetive in 4a and make the playoffs