PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened on the way to the game

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 09:30 AM
I hope I didn't date myself with the "play" on the thread title. :doh: :D (And yeah...I'll probably move it to "non-sports" in a bit. :p )

the "purse" thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=52524)

^^^ (The setup for the story. It's too good not to share! :D ) (More setup: One of the '08 Panther shirts is purple/yellow/white tie-die with "Peace, Love and Panthers" on the front.)

Before the game, we met my in-laws, then RM, sweetpeach, stangGirl, then my mom, aunt & uncle at the Golden Chick on Buffalo Gap road. I had my head turned around to say something to lhpd, and noticed a lady at the counter with "my" purse. I said, "Hey......that lady has my purse!". Then I looked up at her shirt. It was purple/white tie-die with "Peace, Love and Dawgs" on the back! It was tooooo much :D and so after she walked away from the counter, toward a table, I held up my purse.

She walked over and we chatted for a few minutes. We talked about "where" we had ordered from & she said "I saw it on a football chat site". ROFL! I wondered if it was my thread she read, she asked my "name" and I told her. She said she has read us and me for years, but has never signed up to post. :D

Come on Bulldog Mom...we can alway use more moms! :clap: :clap: :)

sinton66
09-06-2008, 09:32 AM
May have to appoint you "Chief Recruiter".;)

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 10:08 AM
LOL!! That was GREAT!!!

C'Mon WylieMom, we would love to have you!!!!

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 10:33 AM
You know...I can remember the days when WE made road trips against tough teams...and won...and came home in a good mood, remembering the "little things" that make life interesting.

Nowadays, the dogs run when they hear my car pull in.:(

buff4ever
09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
don't ever forget the little things.

sinton66
09-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Nowadays, the dogs run when they hear my car pull in.:(

Too easy, I'll leave it alone.:D

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

You better!!! There are too many dog lovers on here!!!

44INAROW
09-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

I know what you mean Tony - I've typed and deleted about 4 posts already this morning - Just going to read and laugh my butt off....... it's been a great morning to read on the downlow :)

Great story Debbie.......... you were too hoarse when we talked last night...... we'll talk later in the week........ I assume you were doing alot of yelling :D

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Great story Debbie.......... you were too hoarse when we talked last night...... we'll talk later in the week........ I assume you were doing alot of yelling :D

And I am going to leave THAT one alone!:D

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Did we not get a picture last night at the M&G?

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Yes, but for some reason, I didn't get my camera out to be used. :doh: :doh: Just waiting on email :)

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92

A "reader" is the one who took a picture with her camera...I guess she hasn't sent it to LHPM yet!

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I know what you mean Tony - I've typed and deleted about 4 posts already this morning - Just going to read and laugh my butt off....... it's been a great morning to read on the downlow :)

She was ringing that bell 90 to nothing. I saw DaHop72 back out of the way a couple of times!!:D

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
A "reader" is the one who took a picture with her camera...I guess she hasn't sent it to LHPM yet!
I'm not sure if I got in it...I mean she took it but I'm not sure you'll see any yellow in the picture.

DaHop72
09-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
She was ringing that bell 90 to nothing. I saw DaHop72 back out of the way a couple of times!!:D That's no joke, I was between two of those "ding-a-lings" :D, LHPM in front and #64's mom in the back. That lady should join the downlow, she's a hoot to sit in front of. I think I've just now regained my full hearing again. Enjoyed meeting the posters from LH and of course to see the Wylie crew again and to visit with all the lady posters that I sat behind. It was a great game for a spectator who didn't have a team playing.

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I think I've just now regained my full hearing again.
We obviously didn't do a good enough job, since it generally takes a full 36-hrs at least to regain it. :D

injuredinmelee
09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
I dont remember hearing any bells ringing.

injuredinmelee
09-06-2008, 03:19 PM
a funny thing happened I pulled uyp to the drive in at Golden Chick with my old man and saw the manager chasing a big group of people out the door with a mop handle and it happened to be Rangermom leading the crew out the door. He kept shouting something about NO MORE BISCUITS, NO MORE BISCUITS FOR YOU!

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
a funny thing happened I pulled uyp to the drive in at Golden Chick with my old man and saw the manager chasing a big group of people out the door with a mop handle and it happened to be Rangermom leading the crew out the door. He kept shouting something about NO MORE BISCUITS, NO MORE BISCUITS FOR YOU!
ROFL! I forgot about someone honking their horn at us. And it dawned on me later who "Jimmy Pogue" is. (brain fart at the time lol)

injuredinmelee
09-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
ROFL! I forgot about someone honking their horn at us. And it dawned on me later who "Jimmy Pogue" is. (brain fart at the time lol)

we should have gone from there to nobogeys. he lives dangerously close and we could have raided his fridge.