PDA

View Full Version : Only 77 points Gilmer?

JR2004
09-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Come on what gives? You're only averaging 64.5 points right now. That's just not acceptable! :)

And NO I'm not here to say that y'all were running up the score. Even if y'all ever do it's still up to the other team to stop you from scoring. I'm just amazed at how that offensive machine continues to churn out high scoring teams year after year no matter who they lose to graduation.

mac77
09-06-2008, 06:23 AM
JR, have you been up all night again?

JR2004
09-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by mac77
JR, have you been up all night again?

I didn't get in until really, really late. Stopped off in Arlington on my way back home and got back here at 3am. Made the mistake of drinking a lot of coke way too late at night. I probably won't get any sleep for another 24 hours... :(

mac77
09-06-2008, 06:35 AM
I hear ya. Got home from the game about 11 PM, went to bed about midnight and up at 6 AM just like a regular school day. Dang, I'm getting old. My old man did the same thing for 35 years!

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Come on what gives? You're only averaging 64.5 points right now. That's just not acceptable! :)

And NO I'm not here to say that y'all were running up the score. Even if y'all ever do it's still up to the other team to stop you from scoring. I'm just amazed at how that offensive machine continues to churn out high scoring teams year after year no matter who they lose to graduation.
Their QB is very special!

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

It was 56-15 at the half! :doh:

See, how they do it is the players that are now starters pretty much played the entire 2nd half last year and thus gained some PT & experience. :nerd:

Plus, their QB is a STUD! :D

JR2004
09-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It was 56-15 at the half! :doh:

See, how they do it is the players that are now starters pretty much played the entire 2nd half last year and thus gained some PT & experience. :nerd:

Plus, their QB is a STUD! :D

Godfrey is a hoss, no doubt about it.

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
They would hit 90 but missed most of their FTs :D

all joking aside

I really think this year's O is more Gilmer style than last year

LAst year they had the HUGE OL and stud RB and they kinda got away from Gilmer ball especially in play-offs

easttexas3a
09-06-2008, 03:03 PM
They are definitly more back to the air it out 3 play drive style offense they had in 2003-6. Last years team did have a different style to it, but it had the players to benefit from the running game. this year there just going back to what they did cause of the players they have. So far so good, the next 3 games can really tell us where Gilmer is at with LE at home, and then a road trip to Kilgore and Daingerfield.

Aesculus gilmus
09-06-2008, 03:24 PM
It could get really ugly this next game. The Gilmer coach apparently has a grudge against the Leopards for eliminating him in bi-district two years ago and just beating them 41-26 in last year's rematch probably didn't get it out of his system.

I think the Leopards were the better TEAM that night in 2006, but Gilmer people mostly do not and will not ever admit that. Note I said TEAM, not talented INDIVIDUALS, which I agree Gilmer had more of that night.

Anyhow, my prediction for 2008 is Gilmer 84, Liberty-Eylau 14.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer 84, Liberty-Eylau 14. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2008, 03:44 PM

I think the Leopards were the better TEAM that night in 2006, but Gilmer people mostly do not and will not ever admit that. Note I said TEAM, not talented INDIVIDUALS, which I agree Gilmer had more of that night.

Traylor basically said last year he felt while the 06 team had all the talent, it just did not come together at the right time in the season

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Anyhow, my prediction for 2008 is Gilmer 84, Liberty-Eylau 14.

:eek: :eek:

ummmmmmmm, okay LOL

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 05:05 PM
:eek: :eek:

ummmmmmmm, okay LOL I would have said "No way" except the title of this thread is "only 77 points Gilmer?"

Lol.

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I would have said "No way" except the title of this thread is "only 77 points Gilmer?"

Lol.

Well yeah, but that was against Emory Rains for Pete's sake! LE is no slouch!

Aesculus gilmus
09-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Well yeah, but that was against Emory Rains for Pete's sake! LE is no slouch!

Rains has been a playoff team for the last two or three years and even went a few rounds deep one year, I think. Maybe even last year. I KNOW they did in 2005 because they played Canton the week after Canton upset us, 61-58, in the second round.

Their new coach was saying a few days ago that he thought they could hang with Gilmer. Lots of new coaches unfamiliar with the Buckeyes say stuff like that.

Their QB was supposed to be a match for Stump. I think that was another scouting report that didn't pan out, to say the least.

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Rains has been a playoff team for the last two or three years and even went a few rounds deep one year, I think. Maybe even last year. I KNOW they did in 2005 because they played Canton the week after Canton upset us, 61-58, in the second round.

Their new coach was saying a few days ago that he thought they could hang with Gilmer. Lots of new coaches unfamiliar with the Buckeyes say stuff like that.

Their QB was supposed to be a match for Stump. I think that was another scouting report that didn't pan out, to say the least. Well there are playoff teams and then there are playoff teams, if ya know what I mean! :D