PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Those MODOC Pirates!

JR2004
09-06-2008, 03:27 AM
Keep on rollin MODOC, keep on rollin! Glad to see Coach Williams and Co. (Believe Coach Hyde from Gatesville's state championship staff is still the DC there.) roll to another easy victory. I knew they'd win and I hope MODOC keeps on steamrollin' through their schedule!

And I think this goes without saying, but...

CAN I GET A HOORAH!

DU_stud04
09-06-2008, 05:33 AM
HOORAH!

:D

JR2004
09-06-2008, 05:40 AM
The stats from this one look awfully familiar to what I've seen pretty often from MODOC over the years when they've been good.

Almost double the amount of first downs.

59 plays on the ground and just seven passes. That's Willie Williams football at its finest.

Almost three bills (288 yards) out of the ground game. Sounds like the ol' JT Sweep was working just like it normally does tonight out in West Texas.

40 percent completion percentage (10-25) for the opponent. Seen opposing QB stats like that against MODOC many, many times over the years.

Only 192 yards allowed against a top ten team on the road. While their ground game gets the pub more often than not, that defense is their backbone.

I'm willing to bet the TOP probably wound up being somewhere around 2:1 in favor of MODOC with how they controlled the ball almost 90 percent of the 2nd half. Can't wait to see the Pirates later on this season. They've always been one of my favorite schools to watch play when they're rollin like they are now.

JR2004
09-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
HOORAH!

:D

You've seen it in person! What a fun group of fans those folks are! :)

DU_stud04
09-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
You've seen it in person! What a fun group of fans those folks are! :) yes indeed, i hope they bring a good crowd to abilene wylie in 2 weeks, ill be there once again supporting :D

Rabid Cougar
09-06-2008, 08:10 AM
The stats from this one look awfully familiar to what I've seen pretty often from MODOC over the years when they've been good.

59 plays on the ground and just seven passes. That's Willie Williams football at its finest.

Almost three bills (288 yards) out of the ground game. Sounds like the ol' JT Sweep was working just like it normally does tonight out in West Texas.

40 percent completion percentage (10-25) for the opponent. Seen opposing QB stats like that against MODOC many, many times over the years.

Only 192 yards allowed against a top ten team on the road. While their ground game gets the pub more often than not, that defense is their backbone.

I'm willing to bet the TOP probably wound up being somewhere around 2:1 in favor of MODOC with how they controlled the ball almost 90 percent of the 2nd half. Can't wait to see the Pirates later on this season. They've always been one of my favorite schools to watch play when they're rollin like they are now.

Been there, done that.. I tried to tell them. They just wouldn't listen.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Apparently they are more than Chris Parr. One could only wonder what the score would have been had he played.

Rabid Cougar
09-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Probably the same except the scoring runs would have been from 50 to 70 yards out. He didn't do 5 to 7 in a cloud of dust.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Probably the same except the scoring runs would have been from 50 to 70 yards out. He didn't do 5 to 7 in a cloud of dust. Yep, man. Anytime you lose a game breaker for whatever reason, it's tough. But to roll against a legit Brownwood team, well then... you got something special on your hands.

Nursebetty
09-06-2008, 08:43 AM
HOORAH!

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Yep, man. Anytime you lose a game breaker for whatever reason, it's tough. But to roll against a legit Brownwood team, well then... you got something special on your hands.
No offense, but IMO "legit" is still TBD. :)

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No offense, but IMO "legit" is still TBD. :) You get my drift......and I get yours too.:)

Tell them boys to quit playing such close games. They're going to give you a heart attack and get some people knocked out too.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
You get my drift......and I get yours too.:)

Tell them boys to quit playing such close games. They're going to give you a heart attack and get some people knocked out too.

I don't know about that. LHPM has to be one of the calmest "moms" I have ever seen in a tight game like that!!

JR2004
09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Been there, done that.. I tried to tell them. They just wouldn't listen.

I think it's one of those things that folks don't understand until they see it in person. MODOC is a fun team to watch. They just pound on you play after play after play. They're so much fun to watch when they get rollin. I love watching their offense when it gets a full head of steam. They can take the ball and hang onto it for 8,9 or 10 minutes at a time and there's almost nothing their opponent can do to stop them.

trojan37
09-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I think it's one of those things that folks don't understand until they see it in person. MODOC is a fun team to watch. They just pound on you play after play after play. They're so much fun to watch when they get rollin. I love watching their offense when it gets a full head of steam. They can take the ball and hang onto it for 8,9 or 10 minutes at a time and there's almost nothing their opponent can do to stop them.

So I take it that you love watching La Vega!!:D

WOS1
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM

When that offense gets rolling like that, the defense don't have to play much.;)

I smell another WOS vs LaVega collision in the future.:eek:

Rocket
09-06-2008, 07:11 PM
I love a power running offense. I wasn't at the game, but would have loved to see this in action. I hate that it was against my team, but hey, what can you do. I know our fans and team are still in shock. To line up and force your will on your opponent is flat out demoralizing and effective on so many levels. Brownwood and La Vega have only played twice in the last 45 years and La Vega has beat us both times.

I honestly think that they would have to be #1. (not beause they beat Brownwood) but because of what they are capable of with that running game and execution of the gameplan. We had the ball for like 3:48 in teh 2nd half. I am not going to say it was a fluke, because they executed, but something like that doesn't happen very often. I know I have never seen it.

My hats off to MODOC and good luck the rest of the season and hopefully we will meet again because to be the best, you have to beat the best.

slingshot
09-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I love a power running offense... Good thing--you're gonna see another one real soon. LH prob ran the ball better than anyone we've seen. Couple of good things here though. First off, playing the power running teams we did (and unfortunately both losing :( ) will prep us both for the next round. Secondly, if you watch film of our game with LH you'll see they are susceptable to the middle passing game and screens if you have good team speed and a mobile QB. Tying up their O-line with 4 down linemen on the D-line and plugging up their inside running lanes really slowed their offense in the second half. They are beatable. Very good at what they do, but beatable. Let's hope the next go around (Wylie vs LV, BWD vs LH) turns out better for the West Texas boys!

Rocket
09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah and get ready for MODOC. You guys play them soon right?

Good info..I am sure the coaches will see it...

Lion_Addict
09-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I was at the game.....and heard plenty of the "Hoorah" , unfortunately :( . Anyways, they did have good fans and I love seeing that for the kids' sake. They were plenty pumped.

Wood Fan 2
09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I was at the game.....and heard plenty of the "Hoorah" , unfortunately :( . Anyways, they did have good fans and I love seeing that for the kids' sake. They were plenty pumped.

Man! That "HOORAH"....I think it actually startled me at first! :eek: And I do believe it may be contagious as I found myself throwing out a little "HOORAH" towards the end of the game. :D Great fan support from La Vega and the home side looked packed from the view I had!

Modoc
09-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Brownwood fans really know how to pack their stands. They also have a great student fanbase. Kinda reminded me of College Gameday. :D

Oh yeah, HOORAH!

See ya'll in Bellmead next week and in Abilene in two weeks. I am skipping the Carlos Mencia show in Waco to go to the Abilene Wylie game.

JR2004
09-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Modoc
See ya'll in Bellmead next week and in Abilene in two weeks. I am skipping the Carlos Mencia show in Waco to go to the Abilene Wylie game.

Now that's a dedicated fan right there.

HOORAH!

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
I love a power running offense. I wasn't at the game, but would have loved to see this in action. I hate that it was against my team, but hey, what can you do. I know our fans and team are still in shock. To line up and force your will on your opponent is flat out demoralizing and effective on so many levels. Brownwood and La Vega have only played twice in the last 45 years and La Vega has beat us both times.

I honestly think that they would have to be #1. (not beause they beat Brownwood) but because of what they are capable of with that running game and execution of the gameplan. We had the ball for like 3:48 in teh 2nd half. I am not going to say it was a fluke, because they executed, but something like that doesn't happen very often. I know I have never seen it.

My hats off to MODOC and good luck the rest of the season and hopefully we will meet again because to be the best, you have to beat the best.

WHAT?!?!?!?!! :eek: :eek:

Rabid Cougar
09-07-2008, 12:34 AM

I also know that the same can be done to them. I have seen that happen first hand too.