PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale 49-Madison 40

JR2004
09-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Embarrassing is the only word I can come up with to describe this game from a Madison perspective. We resemble the St. Louis Rams the year AFTER they won the Super Bowl. We've got an offense that can move the ball at will, put up high yardage and point totals, but we don't have a defense that can stop anyone. Not often that a team can score 42 and 40 points (434.5 yards per game) in their first two games and be 0-2, but we've managed to pull it off. Only at Madison...

I'm fairly certain we might wind up being the first team in Texas High School history to score 500 points in the regular season and still only go 6-4... :(

STANG RED
09-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Embarrassing is the only word I can come up with to describe this game from a Madison perspective. We resemble the St. Louis Rams the year AFTER they won the Super Bowl. We've got an offense that can move the ball at will, put up high yardage and point totals, but we don't have a defense that can stop anyone. Not often that a team can score 42 and 40 points (434.5 yards per game) in their first two games and be 0-2, but we've managed to pull it off. Only at Madison...

I'm fairly certain we might wind up being the first team in Texas High School history to score 500 points in the regular season and still only go 6-4... :(

Ive seen this happen before, where all the best athletes are put on offense and defense seems to be an after thought, and Ive never seen it work well. At some point you have to be able to stop somebody. IMO defense is even more important than the offense. Not to say the offense isnt important of course.

bleedgreen
09-06-2008, 10:06 AM
You're right. DM has some tremendous running backs and Kennedale has a lot to work to do on defense and special teams. They allowed 2 kickoffs to go all the way. I'm going to Star Telegram DFW Varsity and look at stats.

bobcat1
09-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I had a sneaking suspicion about this game and Kennedale came thru. :clap: :clap: :clap:

charlesrixey
09-06-2008, 12:15 PM
it's pretty much exactly how we both saw it being played out, isn't it, JR?

JR2004
09-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
it's pretty much exactly how we both saw it being played out, isn't it, JR?

To a T Charles, to a T. It's frustrating to watch one side of the ball have most of the best athletes while the other side takes what it can get at certain positions of great need. It just flies in the face of common sense. I thought they would make major changes from last week, but the only change was seeing a WR start at DE.

I'm glad that we can score at will, but really what's the point if you can't stop anyone? You score 42 and 40 points you're supposed to be 2-0. I wish we'd learn something from some of the teams we've lost two over the last several years in the playoffs like Tatum or Celina who believe in loading up the defense, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I feel really bad for our DC. Three years ago they gave him many of the best players and our defense darn near carried us past the state champ in the regional semis. Now folks in the stands are blaming him for the losses when he has no control over what kids on that offense get to play defense for him.