WOS87
09-06-2008, 12:50 AM
The two losses came at the hands of Liberty Hill and (4A) Lockhart

No other district comes close to having as good of a record

IHStangFan
09-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
The two losses came at the hands of Liberty Hill and (4A) Lockhart

No other district comes close to having as good of a record :clap: This could prove scary for D 26 come playoff time...YIKES.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
:clap: This could prove scary for D 26 come playoff time...YIKES. Yea. LOL. I'm not exactly excited at the idea of playing these squads. Dang.

IMO, Columbus will be a washout. They should have handled VV better than they did. Smithville will probably win against them. There will be one REALLY good team staying at home in this district.

bvillebrahma010
09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
have you note: District 25 is 10-2 for the first two weeks of play! i think both smithville and bellville had a little bit more than most people thought!! watch this district this year! its gonna be one heck of a dogfight!!

87 TIGER
09-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Smithville 2-0

buff4ever
09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I have said it before on another thread, there are a very good 4 and maybe 5 playoff teams in this district. Giddings, Bellville and Sealy in my opinion could all beat each other up and go to the playoffs, however if any of the above slip up to LG that would open the door for LG to get in over one of the projected top 3.

It is exciting for Smithville to get a couple wins, granted lexington and wharton, but this is still exciting for smithville. Seems like they have things together better than they have for a while. Columbus in my opinion is prolly going to struggle come district with all the talent throughout the district as it seems.

duke55
09-06-2008, 02:31 PM
haters

Kickin It
09-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Yea. LOL. I'm not exactly excited at the idea of playing these squads. Dang.

IMO, Columbus will be a washout. They should have handled VV better than they did. Smithville will probably win against them. There will be one REALLY good team staying at home in this district.

The game would have been 38 to 13, had Van Vleck not caught a pass that was tipped by 3 different defenders in the endzone. So what if it was not a complete blow out. Columbus had over 400 yards of offense, which included 350 plus on the ground. I'll put that up against you guys any day. Did you guys build on yalls four interceptions or throw to the right people this week? Win an game and start talking trash, nice..

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I have said it before on another thread, there are a very good 4 and maybe 5 playoff teams in this district. Giddings, Bellville and Sealy in my opinion could all beat each other up and go to the playoffs, however if any of the above slip up to LG that would open the door for LG to get in over one of the projected top 3.

It is exciting for Smithville to get a couple wins, granted lexington and wharton, but this is still exciting for smithville. Seems like they have things together better than they have for a while. Columbus in my opinion is prolly going to struggle come district with all the talent throughout the district as it seems.

Buff4Ever, I might not agree with you all the time but right now you couldnt be more right!

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
The game would have been 38 to 13, had Van Vleck not caught a pass that was tipped by 3 different defenders in the endzone. So what if it was not a complete blow out. Columbus had over 400 yards of offense, which included 350 plus on the ground. I'll put that up against you guys any day. Did you guys build on yalls four interceptions or throw to the right people this week? Win an game and start talking trash, nice.. As a matter of fact, we did win and the team we played, St pius, had -34 yds of offense at halftime and -8 yds rushing for the game. Let's put your run against our run D. I like our chances.

Kickin It
09-06-2008, 08:35 PM
As a matter of fact, we did win and the team we played, St pius, had -34 yds of offense at halftime and -8 yds rushing for the game. Let's put your run against our run D. I like our chances.

You need to keep your focus on 3 teams and leave 25-3a out of your mind. Needville, Sweeny, and Brookshire Royal. They are going to give you everything you want and more. Check that, just make sure you guys beat Stafford and Wharton. No doubt the Cards will have their hands full come district with all the teams looking impressive up to this point. I guess you probably think Sweeny is a washout too since they only scored 41 on Van Vleck? Lets wait and get your view after you guys tangle with them. 700 yards rushing through 2 games, I think we could manage to open a few holes against you guys. Shaping up just like last year with Columbia fans talking it up predistrict, but not walking the walk come district time.

On another note, great job 25-3a. Excited to see what happens come district play.

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 07:28 AM
You need to keep your focus on 3 teams and leave 25-3a out of your mind. Needville, Sweeny, and Brookshire Royal. They are going to give you everything you want and more. Check that, just make sure you guys beat Stafford and Wharton. No doubt the Cards will have their hands full come district with all the teams looking impressive up to this point. I guess you probably think Sweeny is a washout too since they only scored 41 on Van Vleck? Lets wait and get your view after you guys tangle with them. 700 yards rushing through 2 games, I think we could manage to open a few holes against you guys. Shaping up just like last year with Columbia fans talking it up predistrict, but not walking the walk come district time.

On another note, great job 25-3a. Excited to see what happens come district play. Didn't sweeny win by 34 points? That's a little more decisive than 18 points.

And I'm pretty sure nobody was talkking it up in Columbia except me, and I'm going to do that regardless. Everybody hyped Needville last year, not Columbia.

But man, it's all good. I got no hard feelings. I don't get mad at a guy supporting his team. I respect that. Good luck to the Cards in D 25. You will need to come out of there alive.

I don't guess it would be possible for us to meet in the playoffs to settle this would it. We would go D 1, but would ya'll if ya'll made the playoffs? I'm not sure in the enrollment of 25-3A.

Anyway, I would like to settle it on the football field, but I don't think that will happen.

WildTexan972
09-07-2008, 09:51 AM
what district record did it take last year to win state?

oh wait....district record means NOTHING about winning in the playoffs....I forgot there for a minute....any district that has teams winning this time of year means doodley squat....2-3 rounds deep in the post-season and usually these "tough districts" are bouncin the roundball...

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I like how some people from a town with a winning tradition get on here and think their #@*% don't stink just because they are from that town, when they themselves have nothing to do with why that program does so well. They just happen to be from that town and like to dog other teams for not being as fortunate as they are.

Just one of those things that make you go "huh."

Kickin It
09-07-2008, 06:11 PM
I like how some people from a town with a winning tradition get on here and think their #@*% don't stink just because they are from that town, when they themselves have nothing to do with why that program does so well. They just happen to be from that town and like to dog other teams for not being as fortunate as they are.

Just one of those things that make you go "huh."

Necks, I figure you are talking about the WildTexan 972 comments. If you are, man we agree on something!!! I figure we would go DII if we make the playoffs. Good luck to you guys and no hard feeling just some friendly banter :clap:

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Necks, I figure you are talking about the WildTexan 972 comments. If you are, man we agree on something!!! I figure we would go DII if we make the playoffs. Good luck to you guys and no hard feeling just some friendly banter :clap: Nailed the T on the head my friend. I give everybody hell, not just columbus people..... no matter how mean Dookie55 might think I am.

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 06:15 PM
they're just lucky :stirpot: :1popcorn:

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Having all of those quality teams in the same district sucks. It makes it so hard to make the playoffs and at least one quality team gets left out of the playoffs.

buff4ever
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Having all of those quality teams in the same district sucks. It makes it so hard to make the playoffs and at least one quality team gets left out of the playoffs.

I think you understand the point that I and prolly WOS were talking about on this thread. I don't think I saw anyone post anything about a state champion coming out of this district b/c of how man good teams are in it. We were just saying that it makes for a tough district war for one or two teams to unfortunately lose that they wouldn't in many districts. The war to get to the playoffs to have a chance at the state championship.

District is the first test, this one may be ONE OF the tougher, but there are many tough ones out there that will have a dissapointed team or two that don't make the playoffs.