PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell 60, Shepherd 0

nunya
09-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Geez, I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it myself. I decided to make the trek after all.

A totally different, far more polished team than last week in Bellville. Defense was clicking on all cyclinders, albeit against a below average Shepherd team that lost to a 2-0 4A team by 14 a week earlier.

Had the Hornets scrimmaged teams with more depth before opening against a quality opponent like Bellville, last week's outcome would have been a lot closer. Again, though, the Brahmas are a better team.

If Caldwell's defense continues to improve and jells like it did tonight, post-season is within reach. I'd be surprised if at least three offensive players didn't have 100 yards rushing or more.

Bravo to the defense. It proves how strong Bellville and 4A Livinsgston are this season.

Up next, Waco Connally. Should be a much bigger challenge. The confidence in the passing game was also a different story from last week.

Way to go, team. Very impressive effort tonight. To score 20 in the first three quarters before calling off the dogs showed character and gave underclassmen playing time.

Be careful not to let your guards down. You know your potential now. Keep it up....