PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 42 - Rio Hondo 7

CueroDad08
09-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Good game for the Gobblers tonight. A note to Rio Hondo, "All the late cheep shots will not slow down speed". We all from Cuero do hope we play again in playoffs, And trust me the play book will open up even more.

Nursebetty
09-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Real good game! Of course, the GOBBLERS came out on top! But, why all the personal fouls/ unsportsman like conduct on the Rio Hondo side? The Bobcats had several penalties called on them. I know Cuero had one or two unsportsman like conduct penalties called on them, but not as many as Rio Hondo did. We DO hope to see RH back in the playoffs.........should be a really good game!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
Real good game! Of course, the GOBBLERS came out on top! But, why all the personal fouls/ unsportsman like conduct on the Rio Hondo side? The Bobcats had several penalties called on them. I know Cuero had one or two unsportsman like conduct penalties called on them, but not as many as Rio Hondo did. We DO hope to see RH back in the playoffs.........should be a really good game!

Rio Hondo is known to play dirty. They usually don't get caught though, but it looks like the referees were on the ball tonight.

Bull Butter
09-06-2008, 01:33 PM
I guess the question on everyone's mind is..................

Did Rio Hondo throw the game on purpose?

NewYorkYankee
09-06-2008, 01:42 PM
LMAO

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I guess the question on everyone's mind is..................

Did Rio Hondo throw the game on purpose? if the Personal Fouls count as throwing the game. It was 14-7 just before half and somehow RH looked like they would give Cuero a game at that point.

GreenMachine
09-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
if the Personal Fouls count as throwing the game. It was 14-7 just before half and somehow RH looked like they would give Cuero a game at that point. Rio Hondo is not going to give Cuero a game this year. If Rio Hondo happens to make the playoffs and sees us again, it will be twice as bad for them.

headhunter
09-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
if the Personal Fouls count as throwing the game. It was 14-7 just before half and somehow RH looked like they would give Cuero a game at that point.

Rio Hondo never was even a threat. One big 81 yard run that was the only way they set up their touchdown.

Should the officials called all the holding it would have even been worse. They held Cuero's Defensive ends all night.

Also talk about having no class, Rio Hondo would stick their hands inside the face mask of Cuero players, hit them late, and just all around play dirty (especially during the second quarter after block punt). This is not a remark agianst any one individual but it was embarrassing to see a team play like that, it made Cuero look sloppy also. I don't blame a few of the Cuero players for retaliating, I don't think I would let a player abuse me either. I was impressed that the officials did say something to RH before halftime and in the second half RH did not commit as many personnel fouls. I guess the referee told them to either play with more class or they can sit on the sideline the rest of the night.

If Cuero plays this bunch in the playoffs I think I would open up the playbook and make sure I use all my weapons. I like that Cuero is using all their rrecevers and their Tight End. I also like how all the running backs are touching the ball. Not bad for the second game of the season, still some things to work on but its early and the Gobblers looked good.

The QB for RH is a good athlete but overall Cuero just had to much speed and size, RH has some talent and will need to keep their heads on straight and just work on executing. They do need to work on their passing game. They will have a good season and should win their district.

headhunter
09-06-2008, 03:48 PM
I do like to see how Cuero is using their depth as an advantage. Last year I felt that when they substituted players in they would put to all the second team in at once, that's ok when your up 42 - 0 in the 4th but it doesn't really help the 2nd team get any better. I like that Reeve is substituting 2 or 3 players from 2nd string with 1st string. This helps the 2nd string players play at first team speed, and that will get them playing better. I like how we are spreading the ball throughout the receiving core. Cuero has arguably had the best TE's in 3A over the last 5 yrs and has not used them enough. The TE (Hoffman has 3 or 4 receptions and already has 2 TD's.

I have a feeling Rio Hondo may see this Cuero team again this season. I am looking forward to watching the Gobblers play this season they have lots of weapons and will make some exciting plays.

pancho villa
09-06-2008, 04:59 PM
And this was the game of the week. Sheeshhhhhhhhh!