PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley28-Dripping Springs 35

lbjacj
09-05-2008, 10:53 PM
The Tigers scored 3 TD's in the last half of the 4th qtr.on 2 int's by scudder.

TexanAlum_06
09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I think this game falls on coaching. when we threw the first interception we were up 28-20 with about 3 minutes left in the 4th with the ball at our own 25 yard line and we come out passing when all we need to do is run the ball, then Scudder tries to force a pass on 3rd down and dripping picks it off and runs it back for a TD. So now we are Tied at 28..... no big deal. we get the ball back on our own 25 yard line with about 2 minutes to play with PLENTY of tiem to run 2 minute offense and drive it down the field and get it out of our territoryand try to get some points. worst case scenario we dont get anything and we go to overtime. BUT NO we decide to go deep on the 2nd play and Scudder is picked off again by the same kid that picked him off the first time and this time he runs it back to the 4 yard line and they score 2 plays later to make it 35-28 with a little under a minute to go. we then proceeded to run the ensuing kickoff back to the dripping 32 yard line. and instead of trying to move the ball down and score we just take shots at the endzone from there with a WR that is triple covered and we lose 35-28. Tough loss.

Silverback 04
09-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I saw some highlights of this game and that FR RB is a stud. He's gonna be tough to stop. After watching LH tackle tonight I'm not looking foward to playing against him.

wimbo_pro
09-05-2008, 11:16 PM
TexanAlum...its worse than you said. There was less than TWO minutes to go when we were picked off...LESS THAN 2 MINUTES, on the 40, all we had to do was get a couple of first downs. This is 10000% on the coaches back. UNBELIEVABLE LAPSE of play calling.

And up to this point, our coaches had done a great job of adjusting to put us ahead of a big, faster and stronger team. I was proud of them...until the last TWO MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexanAlum_06
09-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Overall we played well at times. Dripping springs was a good team. they absolutely shredded our secondary through the air. we didnt tackle very well at all, poor tackling cost us a touchdown on a screen play. We came out strong in the 2nd half. I missed it because I was in the parking lot drinking a beer but supposedly our freshmen RB who is also the punter fumbled a deep snap but picked it up and took it 65 yards for a TD. that is an example of his playmaking ability. he looked good tonight, definately looked a little more comfortable then he did last week. We have some things to work on. I bet we had over a 100 yards in penalties tonight. have to cut down on those. Im sure we will be fine, our young players lack of composure when things got tough and IMO a few questionable offensive calls late in the game cost us the Win. but thats alright. we will learn from this one. Congrats to Dripping for not giving up and making the comeback. They have a pretty good team. On to next week!

TexanAlum_06
09-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
TexanAlum...its worse than you said. There was less than TWO minutes to go when we were picked off...LESS THAN 2 MINUTES, on the 40, all we had to do was get a couple of first downs. This 10000% on the coaches back. UNBELIEVABLE LAPSE of play calling.

And up to this point, our coaches had done a great job of adjusting to put us ahead of a big, faster and stronger team. I was proud of them...until the last TWO MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah we were getting dominated for most of the first half and they made great adjustments at half time to put us up 28-13. but the last 2 minutes. Yeah I wasnt sure about the exact time on the clock. I had a few in he parking lot at halftime so im a little tipsy. lol.