PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Liberty Hill/Wylie

injuredinmelee
09-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Ok there is a reason LH has won 35 straight games. They are flat out good. They play smart, they play hard, and they dominate on both lines of scrimmage. Even their penalties are either smart (pass interferences that save touchdowns) or hustle plays. The Panthers hit you every single play and have guys blocking down field at the end of every play. They execute to perfection and even though you know they are about to run the ball down your throat they are rarely stopped. They won this game out right.

That all being said you cant muiss 3 extra points and run four plays inside the 7 yd line and not score and still expect to win. Wylie kids gutted out this loss and played very very hard. What a great game to watch!

garciap77
09-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ok there is a reason LH has won 35 straight games. They are flat out good. They play smart, they play hard, and they dominate on both lines of scrimmage. Even their penalties are either smart (pass interferences that save touchdowns) or hustle plays. The Panthers hit you every single play and have guys blocking down field at the end of every play. They execute to perfection and even though you know they are about to run the ball down your throat they are rarely stopped. They won this game out right.

That all being said you cant muiss 3 extra points and run four plays inside the 7 yd line and not score and still expect to win. Wylie kids gutted out this loss and played very very hard. What a great game to watch!

I agree 100%, but is it 25 straight wins or 35 straight wins?

Mcguirk
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
25 or 35 they are good and they earned the victory tonight! But I'm proud of the Wylie kids, they grew up quickly. It looks like it's Matt's (QB) team now.

injuredinmelee
09-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
25 or 35 they are good and they earned the victory tonight! But I'm proud of the Wylie kids, they grew up quickly. It looks like it's Matt's (QB) team now.
He played really really well. The 4th down scramble I had to wipe my eyes to make sure that wasnt Case out there.

Daddy D 11
09-05-2008, 11:17 PM
That was a great game!:eek:

The Slot T pulled it out for us tonight.

Hill Man
09-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I agree 100%, but is it 25 straight wins or 35 straight wins?

I think it is 26 after tonight

Scrambler
09-05-2008, 11:43 PM
We heard before the game that LH rarely punts. There were 3, or maybe 4 punts by LH in the game. That must be some sort of record.

pero chato
09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Couldn't agree more with what injured said. Wylie needed to play a perfect game and catch a few more breaks to win this one, and nearly did anyway. I think the better team won tonight, and both will be better prepared over the course of the season and hopefully the playoffs.
The best part was meeting the downlow gang and signing the t-shirt! Hope everyone makes it home safely. Talked to a couple of LH fans at the gas station after the game. Nice folks. Good luck to LH the rest of the year.

WylieBulldog92
09-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Couldn't agree more with what injured said. Wylie needed to play a perfect game and catch a few more breaks to win this one, and nearly did anyway. I think the better team won tonight, and both will be better prepared over the course of the season and hopefully the playoffs.
The best part was meeting the downlow gang and signing the t-shirt! Hope everyone makes it home safely. Talked to a couple of LH fans at the gas station after the game. Nice folks. Good luck to LH the rest of the year.

My thought exactly for everything you just said.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 01:52 AM
It was nice meeting McQuirk, Pero Chat and WylieBulldogs92....and nice to see some familiar faces again!!

That was fun game to witness....although, much to my surprise, there was a good game here too that I didn't expect. Even though we lost, it was by 6 points to a good Crane team.....my husband said he was quite impressed with my Rangers!!:D

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Totally called Crane winning (sorry to add insult to injury)...:D

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Totally called Crane winning (sorry to add insult to injury)...:D

Oh, believe me, I did too!! I just thought it would be a VERY lopsided score, so I was glad that were able to stay with them!!

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh, believe me, I did too!! I just thought it would be a VERY lopsided score, so I was glad that were able to stay with them!!
Yeah, to be honest I thought we were gonna play like last week and have our score be very lopsided...:o

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

That all being said you cant muiss 3 extra points and run four plays inside the 7 yd line and not score and still expect to win. Wylie kids gutted out this loss and played very very hard. What a great game to watch! LH graduated a lot and are very young.... ;) this early in the season that is to be expected and those young players will learn from this and will be very dangerous come playoffs/district

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
LH graduated a lot and are very young.... ;) this early in the season that is to be expected and those young players will learn from this and will be very dangerous come playoffs/district
Please say something nice about us?:D

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Please say something nice about us?:D well as i've said numerous times if it wasn't for abilene wylie west texas football would suck :D

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 02:08 AM
well as i've said numerous times if it wasn't for abilene wylie west texas football would suck :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: lol

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 03:03 AM
It was my pleasure to meet all the Wylie & Snyder folks, and to see lots of friends again!

The Bulldogs were a great opponent tonight and I have to think that BOTH teams will be better in the long run for having played. Kudos to both coaches for scheduling it. :)

Your QB is a LOAD...very impressive! What a great game with both teams playing tough until time ran out.

blowfish
09-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Sorry I missed the M&G. I had surgery Wednesday an I almost didnt go to the game. I sure was glad I saw it!

LH offense is a machine. I thought we matched up well against thier defense. Our special teams have got to be a priority now, we have missed 4 extra points in two games. It killed us tonight, no doubt about it.

Question for the LH posters.... I saw several times where the head coach cam way out on the field to argue a call an basically tand and point at the ref that he disagreed with. Is that normal for him or was he as frustrated with the refs as we were?

For such a big game I thought the refs were terrible for both teams. The funniest time was late in the game and we had a 5 yard gain on 1st down the guy spotting the ball refused to place the ball where the side judge marked it. Finally the Head Ref had to come in and tell him to move up 5 yards.

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Sorry I missed the M&G. I had surgery Wednesday an I almost didnt go to the game. I sure was glad I saw it!

LH offense is a machine. I thought we matched up well against thier defense. Our special teams have got to be a priority now, we have missed 4 extra points in two games. It killed us tonight, no doubt about it.

Question for the LH posters.... I saw several times where the head coach cam way out on the field to argue a call an basically tand and point at the ref that he disagreed with. Is that normal for him or was he as frustrated with the refs as we were?

For such a big game I thought the refs were terrible for both teams. The funniest time was late in the game and we had a 5 yard gain on 1st down the guy spotting the ball refused to place the ball where the side judge marked it. Finally the Head Ref had to come in and tell him to move up 5 yards. it's pretty normal for vance i think....3rd party opinion

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 07:31 AM
it's pretty normal for vance i think....3rd party opinion
No, not really normal. It does happen, but maybe 2-3 games a year when he strongly disagrees.

Originally posted by blowfish

Sorry that you missed the M&G, but at least you made the game.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Sounds like a great game between 2 of the best. I'm starting to get the impression that 3A isn't as top heavy in years past. (Nobvody could hang wioth LH or celina the last 2 years, or Gilmer before that)

I'm starting to thing there are about 10 teams in the same level of play.... Should make for some very interesting football....:)

LH OffseasonVet
09-06-2008, 08:37 AM
I just want to say that not only did I see two very strong and well coached teams duke it out, I saw two very classy teams act with respect and maturity.

I was also impressed with the Wylie community and the way fans, family, and players stayed on the field to visit and toss the football with bulldogs in training. Says alot of the people to see that after a close loss.

sinton66
09-06-2008, 08:38 AM
In a typical successful wing-t system, the offense usually stays pretty solid. What usually happens is that the defense lags behind the offense in terms of readiness. As the season progresses, you can expect LH's defense to get better and better. The offense will also work out the "kinks" and become almost unstoppable.

It sounded like Wylie came to play, and they did a good job. It's just really hard to keep up with that misdirection offense if you aren't used to them.

Runnin Panther
09-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by LH OffseasonVet
I just want to say that not only did I see two very strong and well coached teams duke it out, I saw two very classy teams act with respect and maturity.

I was also impressed with the Wylie community and the way fans, family, and players stayed on the field to visit and toss the football with bulldogs in training. Says alot of the people to see that after a close loss.

Ditto that.

Very impressed with Wylie on and off the field. Real class act. My son said Wylie guys were some of the toughest he has ever played, and I quote “even counting Celina”. He said most teams usually lose momentum as the game goes on but Wylie played as hard the last play as the first. Feels like the playoffs in September.

WylieBulldog92
09-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Ditto that.

Very impressed with Wylie on and off the field. Real class act. My son said Wylie guys were some of the toughest he has ever played, and I quote “even counting Celina”. He said most teams usually lose momentum as the game goes on but Wylie played as hard the last play as the first. Feels like the playoffs in September.
I could say the same thing about you guys, Clyde absolutely fell apart when we started coming back last year.

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No, not really normal. It does happen, but maybe 2-3 games a year when he strongly disagrees.

Well I think I've been at majority of those 2-3 games a year lol :D