PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 49 Palestine 14 Final

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 10:22 PM
This game wasn't close. Navasota did what they wanted all night.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Im sure that navscanmaster will fill us in with all the stats.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:30 PM
WAY TO GO RATTLERS!! I expected a win...but WOW! Congrats

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WAY TO GO RATTLERS!! I expected a win...but WOW! Congrats

I was not impressed with Palestine at all. Maybe it was the long trip to Rattlerland!? Not sure, but, I was looking for a much closer game after the Wildcats put up 58 points on Rusk last week.

Overall, the Rattlers D looked better. That could have been because they were facing Palestine and not Henderson or it could be that Navasota's D is getting better. We will see in two weeks when the Bellville Brahmas come to town.

Oh, Pratt, Stokes, and Jackson all had exceptional games.

Go Snakes!

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I was not impressed with Palestine at all. Maybe it was the long trip to Rattlerland!? Not sure, but, I was looking for a much closer game after the Wildcats put up 58 points on Rusk last week.

Overall, the Rattlers D looked better. That could have been because they were facing Palestine and not Henderson or it could be that Navasota's D is getting better. We will see in two weeks when the Bellville Brahmas come to town.

Oh, Pratt, Stokes, and Jackson all had exceptional games.

Go Snakes! :clap: Good stuff, Man...depending on who we have that week...I may just come to that game if we're playing someone that doesn't peak my interest. I hear ya on the "was it them making us look better, or was it us" thing. We looked exceptionally fast tonight, at RB and on D. Just makes me wonder, are we REALLY that quick...or were they just horribly slow. Next week we have La Grange, so we'll see :)

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 10:42 PM
:clap: Good stuff, Man...depending on who we have that week...I may just come to that game if we're playing someone that doesn't peak my interest. I hear ya on the "was it them making us look better, or was it us" thing. We looked exceptionally fast tonight, at RB and on D. Just makes me wonder, are we REALLY that quick...or were they just horribly slow. Next week we have La Grange, so we'll see :)

Where is the game against La Grange?

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Where is the game against La Grange? In Needville...it's homecoming already I'm told. ???

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 10:47 PM
In Needville...it's homecoming already I'm told. ???

Ok....Should be a good game. La Grange is fast, but atleast the Jays dont have to play them in La Grange.

Good luck!!!

Navasota's Homecoming is next week also versus Hearne.

ronwx5x
09-05-2008, 10:47 PM
This game wasn't close. Navasota did what they wanted all night.

I was there. Navasota just took over in the 2nd half. They better find a running game though. I didn't stay past the 3rd quarter because it was getting ugly and I had an hour drive home. Navasota's running offense in the first half was 39 yards and they didn't get much better in the 3rd quarter. Good thing Jacolby can pass!

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Ok....Should be a good game. La Grange is fast, but atleast the Jays dont have to play them in La Grange.

Good luck!!!

Navasota's Homecoming is next week also versus Hearne. Thanks, yep, I think La Grange will be our first real test and give a better idea of where we're at. How is Hearne look this year? I know nothing about them.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I was there. Navasota just took over in the 2nd half. They better find a running game though. I didn't stay past the 3rd quarter because it was getting ugly and I had an hour drive home. Navasota's running offense in the first half was 39 yards and they didn't get much better in the 3rd quarter. Good thing Jacolby can pass!

Yes, good thing that he can pass and have the receivers on the other end who can actually catch the ball. Based on the game against Henderson and tonight, everyone is playing the run...daring the Rattlers to pass. Not sure why when you have Brandall Jackson, Lamascus, Pratt, and others who can catch.

But I say, go with whats working. In the past, Navasota would have been up the creek without a padle because they would run 99% of the time. Maybe the line needs to do a better job blocking? Not sure since they are having so much success passing the ball. What ever the case, we still have work to do before the Bellville game.

navscanmaster
09-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

Palestine had 8 in the box all night. Defenses key on Pratt too much. He finished somewhere around 100 yards on 9-10 carries, and 150 receiving. Jacolby passed for 300+ and I think Jackson caught 3 more TD passes. Defense looked really good in the second half without Eugene Castillo, who left with a non serious injury. Good game Rattlers. I haven't got any official stats past halftime, when it was Navasota 270 yards to Palestine 158.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks, yep, I think La Grange will be our first real test and give a better idea of where we're at. How is Hearne look this year? I know nothing about them.

Hearne isnt that good. They werent that good last year either, but they played the Rattlers close to the end. I believe Navasota won the game 24 to 16. It will not be that close this season. Navasota by 40.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes, good thing that he can pass and have the receivers at the other end who can actually catch the ball. Based on the game against Lufkin and tonight, everyone is playing the run...daring the Rattler to pass. Not sure why when you have Brandall Jackson, Lamascus, Pratt, and others who can catch.

But I say, go with whats working. In the past, Navasota would have been up the creek without a padle because they would run 99% of the time. Maybe the line needs to do a better job blocking? Not sure since they are have success passing the ball. What ever the case, we still have work to do before the Bellville game. sounds to me like the line is probably doing fine...but everyone is so concerned with Pratt, that they probably gameplan to key on him and him alone...crashing the line and bringing the house...thus opening up the WRs, and if the QB has even a few seconds, he shreds their secondary who is more than likely in pursuit of Pratt or at least keying on him.

navscanmaster
09-05-2008, 10:59 PM
sounds to me like the line is probably doing fine...but everyone is so concerned with Pratt, that they probably gameplan to key on him and him alone...crashing the line and bringing the house...thus opening up the WRs, and if the QB has even a few seconds, he shreds their secondary who is more than likely in pursuit of Pratt or at least keying on him.
Thats pretty much the game plan the past two weeks.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
sounds to me like the line is probably doing fine...but everyone is so concerned with Pratt, that they probably gameplan to key on him and him alone...crashing the line and bringing the house...thus opening up the WRs, and if the QB has even a few seconds, he shreds their secondary who is more than likely in pursuit of Pratt or at least keying on him.

I believe that Palestine blitzed every down in the first half. It wasn't working as the Rattlers took a 28 to 14 lead into the half. This game could have gotten really ugly.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Thats pretty much the game plan the past two weeks. LOL...hey, the upside to that is, when people start to realize "oh crap...they are a legit threat through the air too" and ease up and start to step back.....then WHAM...go to Pratt....the beauty of being multi-dimensional!

navscanmaster
09-05-2008, 11:15 PM
LOL...hey, the upside to that is, when people start to realize "oh crap...they are a legit threat through the air too" and ease up and start to step back.....then WHAM...go to Pratt....the beauty of being multi-dimensional!
Heck, DP still had 250 all purpose yards. They only defended the screen well once.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Heck, DP still had 250 all purpose yards. They only defended the screen well once. LOL..dang...how many total yds did the Rattlers have?

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Not sure of total yardage....Stokes had 328 passing yards.

navscanmaster
09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Not sure of total yardage....Stokes had 328 passing yards.
Should be close to 500. I think Palestine was held to 225.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
nice...500yds is impressive no matter HOW you get it.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Navasota 141 rushing; 468 total (unofficial)

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Navasota 141 rushing; 468 total (unofficial) :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2008, 12:22 AM
:clap:

navscanmaster
09-06-2008, 02:40 AM
From Palestine Herald:

Palestine (1-1) 7 7 0 0 — 14
Navasota (2-0) 14 14 14 7 — 49

Navasota — Gaston Lamarcus 39 pass from Jacolby Stokes (Oscar Barron kick)
Palestine — E.J. Spurlock 7 pass from Olin Terry (Logan Atkinson kick)
Navasota — Brandal Jackson 42 pass from Stokes (Barron kick)
Navasota — Dexter Pratt 7 run (Barron kick)
Palestine — Terry 1 run (Atkinson kick)
Navasota — Jackson 15 pass from Stokes (Barron kick)
Navasota — Anton Harris 14 pass from Stokes (Barron kick)
Navasota — Jackson 10 pass from Stokes (Barron kick)
Navasota — Pratt 43 run (Barron kick)

Palestine Navasota
First downs 12 14
Rushes-yards 43-134 34-93
Passing yards 98 351
Total yards 232 444
Comp-Att-Int 11-20-2 13-16-0
Punts 6-32.9 1-50
Fumbles-Lost 3-2 3-2
Penalties-Yards 5-36 1-15

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
RUSHING — Palestine: Olin Terry, 16-34; Jamie Jones, 19-66; Devin Venoy, Xavier Davis, 3-0; Jermaine McMorris, 1-0; Navasota: Pratt, 8-80; Stokes, 8-33; Kye Hildreth, 1-9; Xavier Franklin, 1- (-2); Derrick Hadley, 3- (-27)
PASSING — Palestine: P: Terry, 11-20-2-98; Navasota: Stokes, 11-13-0-330; Hadley, 2-3-0-21.
RECEIVING — Palestine: E.J. Spurlock, 3-7; Venoy, 6-71; Darrius Simmons, 2-20; Navasota: Pratt, 3-156; Jackson, 4-86; Lamarcus, 2-50; Kolby Castillo, 1-24; Matthew Mattern, 1-15, Anton Harris, 1-14; Wacey Abke, 1-6.

I know that their rushing statistics for Navasota are way too conservative. I think Jacolby had more than two incompletions, also.

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 02:54 AM
all you got to do is play good fundamental d & stay disciplined

ronwx5x
09-06-2008, 08:25 AM
The Rattlers have a very good passing attack. Stokes did wind up scrambling quite a bit and on more than one occasion threw a completion in traffic that probably was as much luck as skill, but that's OK. I'd rather be lucky than smart any day! That first "lucky" short pass over the middle in the second quarter was a thing of beauty and showed how Stokes could scramble.

The run game in the first half was nothing. Navasota's second possesion was the only series they really tried out the running game and they got stuffed 3 straight downs. Stokes bailed them out with a great pass down the right sideline and bingo, a score.

A good running team will adjust to the blitz, not quit running. Yes, Palestine did stuff the line and yes they had success against the run, but they still lost by 35.

Enough said.

BTownVBall3
09-06-2008, 08:38 AM
I'd like to note that Henderson..who lost by 1 to Navasota, lost 3-33 to Carthage last night. By the looks of that they may be a little hyped. Ooor a little first game rust ha. I'll hope for the first part.

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
I'd like to note that Henderson..who lost by 1 to Navasota, lost 3-33 to Carthage last night. By the looks of that they may be a little hyped. Ooor a little first game rust ha. I'll hope for the first part.

Sports are all about matchups. Until Navasota plays Carthage, nothing else is to be said.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Sports are all about matchups. Until Navasota plays Carthage, nothing else is to be said. I don't like comparing scores, but he has a point. Losing by 30, something happened.

Could have been a key injury, TO's or straight up and down got beat. Who knows?

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I don't like comparing scores, but he has a point. Losing by 30, something happened.

Could have been a key injury, TO's or straight up and down got beat. Who knows?

Thats true. Navasota's D was horrible in the game against Henderson. That is probably the biggest difference. Its no secret that the Rattlers D is suspect. But, they are improving every game. They held Palestine to 200+ yards one week after the Wildcats put up over 500 on Rusk.

We will see where we stand when Bellville comes to town.

navscanmaster
09-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Thats true. Navasota's D was horrible in the game against Henderson. That is probably the biggest difference. Its no secret that the Rattlers D is suspect. But, they are improving every game. They held Palestine to 200+ yards one week after the Wildcats put up over 500 on Rusk.

The BCS Eagle is saying 197 yards. I never know who to believe when it comes to statistics in high school football. But they did show that Stokes completed 11-18, not 11-13.

When you talk about our running game, you have to remember that we have four receivers split out on every down, whether we run or not. We ran some I formation stuff last year, and were successful. I haven't seen that yet, and if we continue to see 4 linemen and 4 linebackers staying on the line of scrimmage every snap, we probably won't. Until defenses get tired of chasing our receivers to the endzone, they won't back off the line because it looks so much better in the hometown paper to say that you held the national recruit at RB in check.

But I'll tell you this....the first team that we run into that has athletes in the secondary that can match up with our receivers is going to dominate us....Which is why Carthage scares me if we go to the playoffs.

venomous tat2
09-06-2008, 10:59 AM

Just so you know Henderson came out in a whole diffrent offense vs Carthage they ran out of the I one of our guys is a close friend
to one of their guys. Not sure why they would do that , they run the spread pretty good ( maybe they saw something on film ) :thinking: ( That's what we were told )

ProudHornetMom
09-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Congratulations Rattlers! I get quarterly updates from a Navasota friend...it's always exciting to hear her play report and the excitement of the crowd in the background.

I think we are all praying we have secondary that can keep up with your receivers...;)

navscanmaster
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
On the season,

Dexter Pratt has 25 carries for 147 yards, which is still 5.9 yards per carry. I get the feeling that he will make up some ground next week.;)

Jacolby Stokes has completed 30/40 passes for 644 yards with 8 TDs to 0 Interceptions. Folks, Navasota used to have 644 yards passing in an entire season.

Brandal Jackson has caught 14 passes for 276 yards with 6 TDs.

I am still not convinced the Rattlers can't run the ball consistently. They haven't had to work too hard for most of their touchdowns, seeing as they are averaging over 20 yards per completion with a LH-like one punt so far. Dexter's best stat producing carry, the toss sweep, wasn't even used against Palestine. I am not saying that I am not happy, because unlike some folks on this board, I will take a win as a win, no matter how it comes. I was thinking to myself last night, dang, it should be 63-7 right now if it weren't for first half mistakes, but then I was like, why? What difference does it make whether they win by 35 or by 49? It is still a win, and they made great improvements. I wouldn't care if it had been 21-14 as long as they played hard and improved on last week.

OldBison75
09-06-2008, 01:18 PM
The Rattler running game is not in trouble. If you pay attention to the game, you will notice that the Rattler O-line is setting up in a narrow line split that is compressing the defensive line and linebackers to give more room for the receivers. On most downs last night, the line was split less that one foot. We have run only one play with a normal spread running formation and no I formation (our normal running set). On the one normal running set from the spread, Pratt went 39 yards for a TD last night. Pratt will be okay and the running game will be okay. Look for this Rattler offense to take what the defense gives them. Jackson, Lamascus, Harris, and Pratt are all top level receivers that will burn you. Jacoby can pass very effectively and will scramble and run with the best of them. When needed, the running game will be good for the yardage necessary to hurt the other team. This team is explosive and the coaching staff has proven to me that they will take what they are given and dare you to stop what is working. DON'T UNDER ESTIMATE THE RATTLERS RUNNING GAME!!!!! By the way, NO INTERCEPTIONS yet and except for four dropped passes, the completion percentage would be unbelievable.

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
The Rattler running game is not in trouble. If you pay attention to the game, you will notice that the Rattler O-line is setting up in a narrow line split that is compressing the defensive line and linebackers to give more room for the receivers. On most downs last night, the line was split less that one foot. We have run only one play with a normal spread running formation and no I formation (our normal running set). On the one normal running set from the spread, Pratt went 39 yards for a TD last night. Pratt will be okay and the running game will be okay. Look for this Rattler offense to take what the defense gives them. Jackson, Lamascus, Harris, and Pratt are all top level receivers that will burn you. Jacoby can pass very effectively and will scramble and run with the best of them. When needed, the running game will be good for the yardage necessary to hurt the other team. This team is explosive and the coaching staff has proven to me that they will take what they are given and dare you to stop what is working. DON'T UNDER ESTIMATE THE RATTLERS RUNNING GAME!!!!! By the way, NO INTERCEPTIONS yet and except for four dropped passes, the completion percentage would be unbelievable.

Very well put. You know, it is funny how last season Navasota had to "proove" themselves to everyone. After the Giddings game, we finally start getting respect. This season, everyone seems to think that Navasota's running game is in trouble. For those most part, those who seem to believe that aren't at the games to see how the defense is stacking up on the line to stop the run. Why force the issue? If the running game is not there, pass the ball. Plain and simple. If I must remind everyone, Navasota did play in the final of the 7 on 7. The Rattlers can pass the ball! Its almost like choose how you want to get beat. Allow Pratt to run around, through, and over you. Or, Allow Stokes to pass for 400 yards. You choose! Now, once the defense start clicking, like they did the second half of the Palestine, Navasota will be hell to deal with.

BTownVBall3
09-06-2008, 02:21 PM
You don't change your offense after 1 game..If they did that's just absurd. Especially after giving the #2 team in 3A a hell of a game. That just wouldn't make sense.

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
You don't change your offense after 1 game..If they did that's just absurd. Especially after giving the #2 team in 3A a hell of a game. That just wouldn't make sense.

Were you there? And why are you so caught up with the fact that Henderson, who is 4A, played Navasota so close? Liberty Hill only beat Giddings by 2. Ohio State just gets by Ohio. A top rated 4A program, Beeville, got stomped by Cuero. You are not going to blow everyone out that you play. And, Im sure that Navasota coaches dont teach their teams that philosophy. Some games are close some games are not. Some times the top rated team wins some times they don't. Some games you look good some games you dont.

Believe me, we understand that Carthage, who played Henderson at home, won 30-3. How they did it, we don't care. The Rattlers are only concerned with preparing for their next opponent. Yes, you have your opinion about where teams should be ranked. Good. That is your opinion. So, does the rest of the state. Although rankings dont mean anything to Navasota, most people believe that the Rattlers, for the most part, are a top 5 team. They understand that you have some close games. Last year, Rockdale almost pulled off a shocker against Liberty Hill. But, the key word is almost. And almost my friend, doesn't count.

venomous tat2
09-07-2008, 12:09 AM

It happens , not a lot but it happens ' I onced worked under a coach in the late 90's who changed offenses 4 times in 4 weeks
he started with the veer and ended with the midline lol oh , and the other 2 were the wishbone and the wing T . :D

Pudlugger
09-07-2008, 06:30 AM

Dang, Navasota's kickin' butt and takin' names. Good win! :D

Aesculus gilmus
09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Sports are all about matchups. Until Navasota plays Carthage, nothing else is to be said.

Well, such a matchup won't happen this year if Gilmer plays Carthage in bi-district. Gilmer has Carthage's number. No brag, just fact.

Carthage hasn't been able to beat Gilmer in 4A or 3A. This gives it more incentive to win its district so it won't draw the Buckeyes in that first round.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Well, such a matchup won't happen this year if Gilmer plays Carthage in bi-district. Gilmer has Carthage's number. No brag, just fact.

Carthage hasn't been able to beat Gilmer in 4A or 3A. This gives it more incentive to win its district so it won't draw the Buckeyes in that first round.

Well, right now, I dont want to have to face either.:D
But, I would gladly take Carthage over Gilmer.

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, right now, I dont want to have to face either.:D
But, I would gladly take Carthage over Gilmer.

I say bring 'em on. Navasota will be ready regardless of who they have to play. They have so many all-state players who have been together since the Bills (for those who aren't from Navasota its Pee Wee football). These boys are ready for anything.

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
It always good to have confidence.

So many allstate players though?

3? 4?

The big lineman
Pratt
Jackson
Lamascus (sp.)

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 05:31 PM
It always good to have confidence.

So many allstate players though?

3? 4?

The big lineman
Pratt
Jackson
Lamascus (sp.)

At least four: Pratt, Jackson, Stokes, Castillo, and Lamascus. There are also some possible honorable mentions or a even a few more second teams. And they are a TEAM. Not just a team, if you know what I'm saying.

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
At least four: Pratt, Jackson, Stokes, Castillo, and Lamascus. There are also some possible honorable mentions or a even a few more second teams. And they are a TEAM. Not just a team, if you know what I'm saying.
I meant five. Lol.

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 05:32 PM
all-state = nothing if you don't produce come playoff time ;)

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
all-state = nothing if you don't produce come playoff time ;)
Or all-state=State Champs when they produce come playoffs

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Or all-state=State Champs when they produce come playoffs don't get cocky again....remember that humbling experience last year? ;)

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Do you honestly think that all five of them will make all state?

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Do you honestly think that all five of them will make all state? maybe minus one but at least four of them. Stokes and Lamascus didn't get it last year but I really can see them getting it this year.

OldBison75
09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
It is way too early to pick all-state for anyone--too many things can still happen. As for the Navasota, Carthage, Henderson debate, Navasota beat Henderson, Carthage beat Henderson, end of story. In high school football the momentum, attitude, and surroundings make all the difference in how some schools play. Henderson was hyped for Navasota and played an outstanding game. I don't know the situation for Henderson against Carthage but I bet that there are many differences between being 0-0 against a ranked team and playing another team when 0-1 that you feel like you should beat.

As for how the Rattlers will fare as the season progresses, I had one of the coaches tell me that after Henderson, the guys had thier eyes opened to the fact that everyone wants to beat a ranked team and will take some chances to have lightning stike in thieir favor. The guys are taking one game at a time and are now saying lets win district and see where we are then. A GREAT ATTITUDE!!!

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
It is way too early to pick all-state for anyone--too many things can still happen. As for the Navasota, Carthage, Henderson debate, Navasota beat Henderson, Carthage beat Henderson, end of story. In high school football the momentum, attitude, and surroundings make all the difference in how some schools play. Henderson was hyped for Navasota and played an outstanding game. I don't know the situation for Henderson against Carthage but I bet that there are many differences between being 0-0 against a ranked team and playing another team when 0-1 that you feel like you should beat.

As for how the Rattlers will fare as the season progresses, I had one of the coaches tell me that after Henderson, the guys had thier eyes opened to the fact that everyone wants to beat a ranked team and will take some chances to have lightning stike in thieir favor. The guys are taking one game at a time and are now saying lets win district and see where we are then. A GREAT ATTITUDE!!!

You right

navscanmaster
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
It was a good game for the Rattlers. It is over now, lets move on, shall we.:)

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM

And don't forget it was the first game for Cathage at their 6,000 seat stadium.

icu812
09-08-2008, 01:43 PM

Just so you know Rusk's D is horrible. We (Van) put 31 points on the board, had 3 other drives inside Rusk's 10 that resulted in no points and another long td called back. We won 31-10 and it easily could have been 50+ to 0 (they had two long runs due to missed tackles at the los otherwise they don't score). Puting up 500 yards on Rusk it's that surprising to me. What does surprise me is Rusk scoring as much as they did on Palestine. Rusk had zero passing game.

We play Palestine this week. What did Palestine do well on offense?

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Just so you know Rusk's D is horrible. We (Van) put 31 points on the board, had 3 other drives inside Rusk's 10 that resulted in no points and another long td called back. We won 31-10 and it easily could have been 50+ to 0 (they had two long runs due to missed tackles at the los otherwise they don't score). Puting up 500 yards on Rusk it's that surprising to me. What does surprise me is Rusk scoring as much as they did on Palestine. Rusk had zero passing game.

We play Palestine this week. What did Palestine do well on offense?

Alot of screen plays....Not saying they executed them well, but they ran lot of them.

PHS Wildcats
09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry I'm late with the post, but I was helping my girl friend move and didn't make it yo the game. I'm glad I didn't.

Congrats on the win.

I told you guys that we didn't have a chance.

I hate the Defense that the 'Cats play, especially when you don't have the personel to play it.

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I'm sorry I'm late with the post, but I was helping my girl friend move and didn't make it yo the game. I'm glad I didn't.

Congrats on the win.

I told you guys that we didn't have a chance.

I hate the Defense that the 'Cats play, especially when you don't have the personel to play it.

I think that they we have faired better if they wouldn't have blized on every down in the first half.