PDA

View Full Version : Needville-vs-Splendora Analysis

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:10 PM
The Splendora Wildcats scored on their first pos. of the game. From then on, it was all Blue Jays. The Blue Jays attacked through the air, on the ground, with several different backs/looks. Needville's QB looked good, had time, and needless to say, I was mildly impressed with him. Whoever said Needville had no speed at RB must have missed Grant (#33), he had at least 3 long runs tonight where he made everyone else look like they were in slow motion. Hadjik looked pretty decent on a few carries, and there was #1, cannot recall his name, but he was a LOAD, and proved hard to bring down. Needville's D looked great against the run. If WC is favored to win the district title, they have one decent sized hurdle to get over in a (I feel) surprisingly good at this stage of the game Needville team to overcome. Needville's 2nd team O scored on Splendora as we were leaving. I will add stats as they become avail.
***eta...The Jays also had a long TD run by Grant called back***

Needville 49
Splendora 7

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The Splendora Wildcats scored on their first pos. of the game. From then on, it was all Blue Jays. The Blue Jays attacked through the air, on the ground, with several different backs/looks. Needville's QB looked good, had time, and needless to say, I was mildly impressed with him. Whoever said Needville had no speed at RB must have missed Grant (#33), he had at least 3 long runs tonight where he made everyone else look like they were in slow motion. Hadjik looked pretty decent on a few carries, and there was #1, cannot recall his name, but he was a LOAD, and proved hard to bring down. Needville's D looked great against the run. If WC is favored to win the district title, they have one decent sized hurdle to get over in a (I feel) surprisingly good at this stage of the game Needville team to overcome. Needville's 2nd team O scored on Splendora as we were leaving. I will add stats as they become avail.
***eta...The Jays also had a long TD run by Grant called back***

Needville 49
Splendora 7

What I tell you, Needville big. Congrats!

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
What I tell you, Needville big. Congrats! LOL...yeah...you were right...and thanks. I will say though...there were still some mistakes made tonight that were obviously related to younger players, getting excited, trying to make something out of nothing kinda thing. We had a WR take an end-around...he made the corner...had gotten the first...decided he was gonna "put a move" on a defender...spun....ball stripped....understood things like that will cease with experience. We're young, we're not that big, but we looked pretty good tonight.

Pudlugger
09-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Congrats to the Jays. It looks like next week is going to be interesting. Go Leps!

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Congrats to the Jays. It looks like next week is going to be interesting. Go Leps! heck yeah...I can't wait...I expect a GREAT game!!

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:50 PM
From the Houston Chronicle....

Needville:

Total Offense: 414yds
Rushing 34att. for 311yds 9.15yds avg.
Passing 103yds w/ 75% completion
15 1st downs

Splendora:
Total Offense: 152yds
Rushing 35att 114yds 3.26yds avg.
Passing 38yds w/ 20% completion
6 1st downs

4x100jackets
09-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Splendora was horriable. WC will beat Needville by 14pts. Grant looked fast but who did Splendora have? Slow white boys that ran a boring offense. Needville will be the 4th team in the District...WATCH......

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
Splendora was horriable. WC will beat Needville by 14pts. Grant looked fast but who did Splendora have? Slow white boys that ran a boring offense. Needville will be the 4th team in the District...WATCH...... I'm going to go ahead and take that bet.....WC will not beat Needville by 14 IF they beat them at all....which I'm gonna go ahead and say is a stretch.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Splendora was horriable. WC will beat Needville by 14pts. Grant looked fast but who did Splendora have? Slow white boys that ran a boring offense. Needville will be the 4th team in the District...WATCH...... PS...I'd also like to add...if ANYONE is gonna give Needville a run for their money this year in district...my money is on Brookshire Royal.

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Congratulations Jays! I think Needville will keep improving and battle for the district crown.

nexfan
09-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I hate doing this because it never really makes any sense whatsoever but St. Pius X beat Westbury last week and for the record tonight I'm pretty sure Westbury beat Brenham. Columbia beat St. Pius X and held them to 52 yards of offense on the night. So Needville might not cash in the district title quite so fast. Last week W.C. had the ball inside the red zone against B'Port 6 Times and didnt score. Awful game by the Necks and wasn't indicative of the play all night by the offense by any means. 4 Int's and 2 stops by the exporters at the goal line. Not taking anything away from B'port but everything that could have went wrong for the dub went wrong! Congrats to the Jays on their win and it's going to be a fun year come district time!

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by nexfan
I hate doing this because it never really makes any sense whatsoever but St. Pius X beat Westbury last week and for the record tonight I'm pretty sure Westbury beat Brenham. Columbia beat St. Pius X and held them to 52 yards of offense on the night. So Needville might not cash in the district title quite so fast. Last week W.C. had the ball inside the red zone against B'Port 6 Times and didnt score. Awful game by the Necks and wasn't indicative of the play all night by the offense by any means. 4 Int's and 2 stops by the exporters at the goal line. Not taking anything away from B'port but everything that could have went wrong for the dub went wrong! Congrats to the Jays on their win and it's going to be a fun year come district time! I can agree with that. I tried to tell them that yds/ first downs... we were every bit if not better than B'port..... but we turned it over too much, especially 3 inside the 5 yd line.

This week we looked a WHOLE lot better... bigups to the coaches and players for execution.

Anyway, Needville vs WC should be a doozie.:)

Dogs_21
09-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I think Needville and West Columbia are going to be good teams but you cant put them to win district quite yet its still early and plus Brookshire Royal and Sweeny are good teams with alot of speed that will give Dub-C and Needville problems!

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
I think Needville and West Columbia are going to be good teams but you cant put them to win district quite yet its still early and plus Brookshire Royal and Sweeny are good teams with alot of speed that will give Dub-C and Needville problems! I agree. I am by no means calling a DC.

I'm just saying this game wil be good.

Sweeny has Griffin, Wright, Hornbeck, Woodard, etc. They got athletes.

And BR returns like 15 starters. So yea.

4x100jackets
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Just remember what I said Jays will be 4th in the District !

WC
Sweeny
Royal
Jays
Whaton
Stafford

Sad to say......

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 03:11 PM

WC
Sweeny
Royal
Jays
Whaton
Stafford

Sad to say...... I'm going to go out on a limb and say Stafford beats Wharton this year.:eek: :eek:

4x100jackets
09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say Royal wins the "CRUNK" contest with their band !!!!!!

44INAROW
09-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Stafford beats Wharton this year.:eek: :eek:

WOW - has Stafford improved or Wharton that bad? (not being a smarta$$ - just asking) I hope the prediction is wrong on the Jays not making the playoffs. With my limited knowledge of this district, I am going to say WC, Sweeney and Needville..

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
WOW - has Stafford improved or Wharton that bad? (not being a smarta$$ - just asking) I hope the prediction is wrong on the Jays not making the playoffs. With my limited knowledge of this district, I am going to say WC, Sweeney and Needville.. Stafford has improved a LITTLE and IMO, Wharton has taken a step back for now. By District Wharton SHOULD be much better and handle Stafford with ease.... but ya never know. Stafford hasn't won a district game in a LONG time.

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and say Royal wins the "CRUNK" contest with their band !!!!!! I think that is a given. Royal's band is SO awesome. They are the only team's halftime show that I like.

IHStangFan
09-07-2008, 04:13 PM

WC
Sweeny
Royal
Jays
Whaton
Stafford

Sad to say...... and remember what I said...."you're stoned out of your mind".

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
and remember what I said...."you're stoned out of your mind". LOL. :D