PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel 17, Pharr Valley View 3 FINAL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Final score

The turnover bug bites Port Isabel AGAIN this week, thankfully it was against a team that isn't very good and only has 1 win in their entire history. (Valley View has had a football program now for 3 or 4 years)

Port Isabel will need to do some SERIOUS work reducing the amount of turnovers before next week's game against Edcouch-Elsa, who is currently beating 31-5A Harlingen Cardinals 17-13.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Ouch.....didn't Progresso hang like 30 or 40 on this same PVV team last week?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah, Port Isabel is not looking good right now. Multiple turnovers this week. Last week it was both penalties AND turnovers.

Apparently the coaching staff addressed the "Penalties" problem this week during practice, but not the "Turnovers" problem. :confused: You'd think they would work on BOTH problems, not just one at a time.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Yeah, Port Isabel is not looking good right now. Multiple turnovers this week. Last week it was both penalties AND turnovers.

Apparently the coaching staff addressed the "Penalties" problem this week during practice, but not the "Turnovers" problem. :confused: You'd think they would work on BOTH problems, not just one at a time. Dang, is it fumbles or INTs? Are you guys young this year? I'm sure they'll work it out. Sometimes it just takes time, especially if you have a buncha newbs stepping up to varsity.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-05-2008, 10:16 PM
By the way, the score just turned final. Port Isabel's opponent for next week, Edcouch-Elsa, just beat the favorite to win district 31-5A, the Harlingen Cardinals 17-14

Port Isabel will have their hands full and then some next week.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:19 PM
By the way, the score just turned final. Port Isabel's opponent for next week, Edcouch-Elsa, just beat the favorite to win district 31-5A, the Harlingen Cardinals 17-14

Port Isabel will have their hands full and then some next week. man...that is rough..hope they can start to put the pieces of the puzzle together before next friday night.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Dang, is it fumbles or INTs? Are you guys young this year? I'm sure they'll work it out. Sometimes it just takes time, especially if you have a buncha newbs stepping up to varsity.

Yeah, pretty young team. Mainly Juniors this year. This Junior group all played JV last year and went 10-0 (YouTube videos galore on this group too) No varsity experience whatsoever, but the odd thing is this group in JV last year committed nowhere near as many turnovers as they are now.

It's mainly fumbles, but the QB has thrown a few INT's as well. Port Isabel's main RB, Diego Garcia, has been playing with a cast on his hand, which is more than likely contributing to the fumble problem. His backup, Joe Vega, has been doing a good enough job that Garcia can rest a few more weeks and play again with the cast OFF. However, Joe Vega has also been fumbling the ball a little.

You'd think by this time, all of the fumbles and stuff should have already been corrected (2 scrimmages, 2 games) but it hasn't. That's a coaching problem right there.

Bull Butter
09-06-2008, 01:36 PM

You'd think by this time, all of the fumbles and stuff should have already been corrected (2 scrimmages, 2 games) but it hasn't. That's a coaching problem right there.

Since you seem to have the problem all figured out, you should move down to PI and ask for a job on the coaching staff.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Since you seem to have the problem all figured out, you should move down to PI and ask for a job on the coaching staff.

:confused: You too Ball Butter?? Seems you're not the only one telling me this.

Did I want to coach at one time, yes. I ended up not pursuing fully though. Do I wish I could still help? Of course. I really wish there was something I could do to help. Unfortunately I'm up here in Houston, and as much as I enjoy the 6 hour drive down to Port Isabel, I highly doubt I'd get a job with the school district.

There's other things on my mind that have been bugging me, but I'll keep my mouth shut for now.