View Full Version : Brownwood vs La Vega In-Game Updates

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Brownwood 7
La Vega 0
6 minutes left in 1st

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Brownwood turns it over at their own 33 yard line...
La Vega cashes in

Brownwood 7
La Vega 7
End of 1st

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 08:14 PM
La Vega 14
Brownwood 7

La Vega overpowered Brownwood D on that drive to take the lead

5 minutes remaining in 2nd

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup

La Vega overpowered Brownwood D on that drive to take the lead
I expect to see more of that as the game goes along

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Penalties have disrupted the Brownwood Offense early...both teams will score when they dont kill themselves it appears

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Keep it coming La Vega!

haha I can't wait to see what rocket has to say if they lose.:devil: :devil:

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Tied at 14 with 2 minutes remaining in half

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup Tied at 14 with 2 minutes remaining in half It might be a shootout at the end but La Vega will roll.

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 08:27 PM
9 plays...81 yards on that drive...This will be a shootout

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Brownwood 14
La Vega 14
HALF

KingRob
09-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow! This sounds like a goodern!

BwdLion73
09-05-2008, 08:54 PM
La Vega has amazeing speed and a big O line...great game to test your team out.:clap:

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 09:27 PM
la vega 28
bwood 14
end of 3

BwdLion73
09-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Brownwood had 3 offenssive plays in the 3rd. I think we are trying to to wear them out!:doh:

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 09:29 PM
sorry lost my internet...la vega scored on first possession of 2nd half...brownwood fumbled kickoff and lavega scored again

La Vega 28
Brownwood 14

KingRob
09-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow! Let's see if La Vega can hold on to the win. :1popcorn:

espn1
09-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
sorry lost my internet...la vega scored on first possession of 2nd half...brownwood fumbled kickoff and lavega scored again

La Vega 28
Brownwood 14 Way to go La Vega you're proving me wrong!

Tin Cup
09-05-2008, 09:43 PM
La Vega 31
Brownwood 14

Brownwood has ran 6 plays on offense in 2nd half...OUCH!!!...2 min left in 4th...Brownwood D cant stay off the field and La Vega O taking advantage and running clock

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
WAY TO GO LA VEGA!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

espn1
09-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
WAY TO GO LA VEGA!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Enjoy your trip back home! Traveling is always more fun with a W.

Rocket
09-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Keep it coming La Vega!

haha I can't wait to see what rocket has to say if they lose.:devil: :devil:

I'll say good game La Vega! You earned it.

They controlled the clock and kept our offense off of the field. They didn't turn the ball over and they played hard physical football, just like everybody predicted. How can you score if your offense is not on the field? Wow... I am very impressed with 3A football. With 2 minutes left, we have 6 offensive plays in the 2nd half. Nothing else to say.

Open mouth, insert crow...

DukeNukem
09-05-2008, 09:48 PM
sounds like Brownwood could of used a hard hitting safety in that secondary tonight.

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 09:52 PM
i hope rocket is okay.....:(

Rocket
09-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
i hope rocket is okay.....:(

I'm fine. Thanks for worrying about me. Brownwood isn't done. LV had the size, the speed, the toughness, the experience, and the game plan tonight. Hats off to La Vega. Totally impressed.

lion75
09-05-2008, 09:55 PM
It normally doesn't take very long for a 4a team that drops into 3a to figure out that it's not a cakewalk. Welcome, Brownwood. Don't feel bad. Vernon had to come to grips with it. As did Sweetwater, Graham, WOS......the list is very long.

Rocket
09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
sounds like Brownwood could of used a hard hitting safety in that secondary tonight.

Well, they didn't have alot of big plays. It was 5 yards her and 7 yards there.

espn1
Originally posted by lion75
It normally doesn't take very long for a 4a team that drops into 3a to figure out that it's not a cakewalk. Welcome, Brownwood. Don't feel bad. Vernon had to come to grips with it. As did Sweetwater, Graham, WOS......the list is very long. Yep! Better pull out those jocks and blow your noses!:D :D :D

Tin Cup
La Vega is good...outplayed Brownwood tonight...don't count Brownwood out just yet...they have a lot of work to do but come district and playoff time...they should be ready

Rocket
09-05-2008, 10:13 PM
It normally doesn't take very long for a 4a team that drops into 3a to figure out that it's not a cakewalk. Welcome, Brownwood. Don't feel bad. Vernon had to come to grips with it. As did Sweetwater, Graham, WOS......the list is very long.

I never said we would dominate and beat anybody because we were a 4A dropping. I said we would be on a more level playing field. Everything happened right for LV tonight and they executed well. I have also said that Brownwood teams are always late bloomers... by the time District hits we should be playing well. La Vega is the real deal and I hope we play them again.

IHStangFan
09-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm normally not a person to take this path...but....

HA!!! Welcome to 3A Brownwood, as you found out tonight we're NOT just a buncha podunk pushovers who you're just gonna steamroll through.

With that outa the way, good luck to the Lions through the rest of the season.

Rocket
09-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm normally not a person to take this path...but....

HA!!! Welcome to 3A Brownwood, as you found out tonight we're NOT just a buncha podunk pushovers who you're just gonna steamroll through.

With that outa the way, good luck to the Lions through the rest of the season.

Thanks!

BEAST
09-05-2008, 10:20 PM
I am here to eat crow. We never said 3A was easy, just said we liked our chances. Props to LaVega. They are a good team. That being sad, I hope we get to see them again. We did not function at all. Turnovers were the difference.

I dont mind losing games early in the season. It seems like our best teams do that every year. We will be standing at the end of district and ready to play late in December. Again, props to LaVega.

BEAST

Dominicfrank
09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
As a kid I always looked for Brownwood because they were also the Lions. With a team that has a tradidtion like Brownwood I would expect they regroup and get themselves in the middle of a "dog fight everynight " beast of a district. Good luck Lions, I will be pushing for you in District.

Looking4number8
09-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem

Dont think that would have mattered.. La Vega just lined up and pushed us off the line of scrimmage play after play. La Vega was big and strong up front and beat us up in the 2nd half. Gotta get that fixed before we play Liberty Hill!!

Congrats to LV. Hope to see you again in the playoffs

lion75
09-05-2008, 10:48 PM
While we are on the subject of Brownwood, I would like to add that the toughest guy I ever faced off against in high school football was in a district game vs. Brownwood, coached by Gordon Wood. His name was Doug Reed. I know he went on to Baylor but I have no idea what ever happened to him. Brownwood won our district our senior year and beat us. In those days only one team went to the playoffs. I'm not sure, but I think BW went to the state championsip game. It was so cold that night. Freezing rain. Misery.

turbostud
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Dont forget Jasper.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Congrats Pirates!

Eagle 1
09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
I heard LV had the ball all but 3 minutes in the second half; tough to win that way.
LV must be the real deal, congrats.

Looking4number8
09-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I heard LV had the ball all but 3 minutes in the second half;

Thats true.. we fumbled a kick off which did not help but honestly La Vega just whipped us on the line in the 2nd half and did not let our offense on the field

wimbo_pro
09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I have also said that Brownwood teams are always late bloomers... by the time District hits we should be playing well.

Thats all that counts. peaking at the right time...like LH did after being beat by Cuero one week, then Wimberley the next...then they havent lost one since. No one hurt by an early season loss.

Looking4number8
09-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
. No one hurt by an early season loss.

Only our feelings!

I am singing along with Hank Williams sr and jr tonight.... "There's a tear in my beer and I'm crying for you dear":bigcry: :foul:

wimbo_pro
09-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Only our feelings!

I am singing along with Hank Williams sr and jr tonight.... "There's a tear in my beer and I'm crying for you dear":bigcry: :foul:

I know how you feel!!! But I am serious, you guys got nothing to worry about by losing a game early...what you DO need to worry about is the question:

"Is La Vega the BEST talent in 3A, or are they in the "middle of the pack" of the top teams in 3A?"

I dont know for sure, I think they are probably in the middle of the pack of the upper tier teams...but who knows.

Looking4number8
09-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I agree that a loss tonight actually means nothing, I was just having a little fun. If you were to dig through threads from a few weeks ago, you would find that I predicted Bwd to go somewhere between 8-2 and 6-4 in the regular season. I also think we will have some sucess in the playoffs, how much sucess really depends on our defensive line. They did awesome in the first half tonight but just got worn out and beat in the 2nd half.

I stick with my season prediction ... for now. We sure cant afford any major injuries!

Daddy D 11
09-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
I agree that a loss tonight actually means nothing, I was just having a little fun. If you were to dig through threads from a few weeks ago, you would find that I predicted Bwd to go somewhere between 8-2 and 6-4 in the regular season. I also think we will have some sucess in the playoffs, how much sucess really depends on our defensive line. They did awesome in the first half tonight but just got worn out and beat in the 2nd half.

I stick with my season prediction ... for now. We sure cant afford any major injuries!

I like you:clap:

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I like you:clap:

Hey you two...get a room!

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-06-2008, 12:05 AM

They controlled the clock and kept our offense off of the field. They didn't turn the ball over and they played hard physical football, just like everybody predicted. How can you score if your offense is not on the field? Wow... I am very impressed with 3A football. With 2 minutes left, we have 6 offensive plays in the 2nd half. Nothing else to say.

Open mouth, insert crow...

Rocket i'm just messing around with you, I listened to the game and it sounded really good at first but La Vega took control it in the 2nd half , and kept you guys offense off the field. Good game on both sides of the ball though!

BwdLion73
09-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Kinda reminds me of the old interview with Randell "TEX" Cobb in regards to his heavyweight fight with Norton..."I thought I had hurt his hand once with my face". :(

Matthew328
09-06-2008, 12:09 AM

Warning Homer Alert...there has only been one team in recent memory that has dropped to 3A and dominated somehwhat...

Looking4number8
09-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey you two...get a room!

Hey... leave my new friend alone...

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 03:18 AM
It's tough to serve crow when you guys start fighting for chairs at the crow buffet. :D

Welcome to 3A football, Lions. There might be a more even playing field, but even the toughest 4A district didn't prepare you. ;) (Sorry....couldn't help it.)

La Vega sounds like they're doing pretty well!

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom It's tough to serve crow when you guys start fighting for chairs at the crow buffet._ :DWelcome to 3A football, Lions._ There might be a more even playing field, but even the toughest 4A district didn't prepare you._ ;)_ (Sorry....couldn't help it.)La Vega sounds like they're doing pretty well! I was in my truck picking up the game, honestly it sounded like La Vega killed "tha wood". Especially in the 2nd half.

go bwd lions
09-06-2008, 04:55 AM
WLV handed it to us this time. Gotta give them credit for that. But one thing is for sure...Brownwood will NOT quit. Case in point...

In 2006 we went 4 and 6 in the regular season. Had to win a three-way coin flip just to get into the dance. Proceeded to go four deep with the only team we could not beat being Waco High.

Not trying to live in the past, just giving an example of our mindset.

Our next two games won't be any easier (Stephenville and Liberty Hill), but our coach schedule these opponents for a reason!

Hey TIN CUP...nice thread. Get you some Net at home and you won't have to stay at work all night just to listen in!!!!!

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by go bwd lions
WLV handed it to us this time. Gotta give them credit for that. But one thing is for sure...Brownwood will NOT quit. Case in point...

In 2006 we went 4 and 6 in the regular season. Had to win a three-way coin flip just to get into the dance. Proceeded to go four deep with the only team we could not beat being Waco High.

Not trying to live in the past, just giving an example of our mindset.

Our next two games won't be any easier (Stephenville and Liberty Hill), but our coach schedule these opponents for a reason! not trying to be an ass but that was 2006....this is 2008 ;)

3a aint no cake walk brotha

looks like you guys could be 1-3 whichin the next two weeks ;)

go bwd lions
09-06-2008, 05:06 AM
not trying to be an ass but that was 2006....this is 2008 ;)

3a aint no cake walk brotha

looks like you guys could be 1-3 whichin the next two weeks ;)

EXACTLY where in my post did I say 3a would be a "cake walk"?

And you don't have to worry about being and ass...:p

Lion_Addict
09-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I gotta follow suit and give big props to La Vega! The real deal and definately a force to be reckoned with in 3A. And that goes for the kids on the field & the coaches. They executed very well and we just flat out couldn't stop 'em in the second half. And the coaches did just what they needed to do.....run the same dag gum thing over & over. Hope we do get to meet again also.
Lots more football to be played, and I just got a little ole feeling down in the gut that Brownwood is gonna be just fine ;) . Just like it was said...ain't no major thing to lose a game early in non-district. We've traveled that road before and know how to get things turned the right direction and move straight ahead.
Looking forward to renewing the rivalry next week vs. the Yellowjackets! Time for the fellas to lick their wounds and get ready to swat them pesky little bugs :devil: . It oughtta be a fun one. :D

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 09:05 AM
I always like a fan base who will tell it like it was. Props to LaVega for the win.

Brownwood, this is a big learning experience and I hope your boys take something from it and get better. Some teams need to lose to bring them back to earth. I'm positive this make Brownwood a better football team.

Anyway, the Class you guys have shown is remarkable. No excuses, just plain truth. It's always fun when you get to feed somebody some crow. Not so much when you are getting fed.

Anyway, hats off to both teams. Sounds like LaVega is a tough customer.

:clap: :)

Rocket
09-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's tough to serve crow when you guys start fighting for chairs at the crow buffet. :D

Welcome to 3A football, Lions. There might be a more even playing field, but even the toughest 4A district didn't prepare you. ;) (Sorry....couldn't help it.)

La Vega sounds like they're doing pretty well!

This has been the problem from the beginning with the 3A Downlow not understanding our mindset and how we view dropping to 3A. We have always said we will lose early. Why wouldn't we? We only returned 5 starters from last season. We never said it would be a cakewalk. We never said 3A sucks. We never said we deserve a trophy for just being here. It is all about the attitude of the Brownwood fans, and that is when August rolls around we want #8, and this is the season we are going to get it. We thought like this in 4A, why would we stop in 3A? I know this, there isn't a team in 3A we can't beat, doesn't mean we will automatically beat them.

Can Brownwood beat La Vega if we play them again in the state championship? Oh yeah, very much so. This game came down to 1 play, our fumbled kickoff after they scored early in the 3rd Quarter and kept our offense off of the field.

We returned 1 defensive starter. Due to the crazy circumstances, our defense played the entire 2nd half. What do you expect? It was La Vega's night and they earned it. But that was one night and our kid's grew up and found out what 3A is about and what we have to do to win.

Coming into this game, I said it would come down to who made the least amount of mistakes would win and I was right. Why would I say that if my attitude was 3A sucks and we were going to roll? I did have confidence that we would step up, but we just didn't get it done.

LOL

I know I have talked alot of crap and that won't stop because that is what I like to do, but it seems to me that people thought we as a fan base said we were going to go undefeated and win the whole thing and that is NOT what any of us said.

Our mentality is get better each week. Go Bwd Lions was just trying to explain what we see at Brownwood year after year, teams that are coached to peak at the right time, playoff time, and then roll. You may say, well that is in the past, and you are right it is, but doesn't the past usually define who you are and what you do and what you are capable of? Does it guarantee anything? Heck no. I know people get tired of hearing about the past from us, and that's fine, but sometimes you can't explain it, you just have to see it for yourself. ;)

If our goal was to go undefeated, why in the hell would we have scheduled all these tough opponents before district? LOL Think about it.

It is going to take a tough team to beat La Vega.

STANG RED
09-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Kinda reminds me of the old interview with Randell "TEX" Cobb in regards to his heavyweight fight with Norton..."I thought I had hurt his hand once with my face". :(

I think your refering to his comment on the tonight show a few days after his bout with Larry Holmes. Holmes must have hit Cobb 50 times each round, and I'm not sure Cobb ever landed a punch. But he never got knocked down, which is pretty amazing considering the beating he took.

I cant remember him fighting Norton, but if he did he possibly said the same after that match as well???

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2008, 09:39 AM
This has been the problem from the beginning with the 3A Downlow not understanding our mindset and how we view dropping to 3A.
I think you don't give us enough credit in understanding. :p ;) And I do understand exactly where you and the rest of the Brownwood faithful are coming from. And I think you will find that most of the rest of us have the same "get better with each week" mindset for our teams.

The first half sounded like a real doozy! :)

Rocket
09-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think you don't give us enough credit in understanding. :p ;) And I do understand exactly where you and the rest of the Brownwood faithful are coming from. And I think you will find that most of the rest of us have the same "get better with each week" mindset for our teams.

The first half sounded like a real doozy! :)

Yeah it was... and it would have been in the 2nd half if we didn't fumble! I hate turnovers. Nothing pisses me off more. In a tight game like that, you cannot give them the ball. It costs too much.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah it was... and it would have been in the 2nd half if we didn't fumble! I hate turnovers. Nothing pisses me off more. In a tight game like that, you cannot give them the ball. It costs too much. Turnovers hurt the most when you are on the goal line or inside your own 30 yd line.

One on a kickoff definitley deflates a team.

And LHPM...... We're 1-1 Now. Oh Yeah!

Lol.;)

WOS1
09-06-2008, 10:11 AM
With only 5 returning starters from last year, I think Bwood will go 1-3 to start, then get on a roll thru district and make the playoffs and go 3 rounds deep then exit. You will see that, the top tier teams are just as good as the top tier 4A teams. The first couple of rounds of the playoffs you will kick the weaker district teams around, but then, when you get to the better teams, you better buckle up. They are all good.

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 10:19 AM
This has been the problem from the beginning with the 3A Downlow not understanding our mindset and how we view dropping to 3A. We have always said we will lose early. Why wouldn't we? We only returned 5 starters from last season. We never said it would be a cakewalk. We never said 3A sucks. We never said we deserve a trophy for just being here. It is all about the attitude of the Brownwood fans, and that is when August rolls around we want #8, and this is the season we are going to get it. We thought like this in 4A, why would we stop in 3A? I know this, there isn't a team in 3A we can't beat, doesn't mean we will automatically beat them.

Are you a lawyer? You may have never actually typed out the words "cakewalk" or "3A sucks", but all your posts had that underlining attitude.

Things like "we expect to win", "we have tradition, pride, blah, blah" (I guess these things are only found in schools that have championships?)

Now I see things like "well, we only returned 5 starters", but all your prior posts would indicate that that shouldn't be an issue since you EXPECT to win. Shouldn't matter who is & isn't returning, right? If you have that attitude instilled in your program and kids want to play and all that other stuff I read, right?

;)

Keep on keepin' on brotha!

espn1
09-06-2008, 10:31 AM

Can Brownwood beat La Vega if we play them again in the state championship? Oh yeah, very much so. This game came down to 1 play, our fumbled kickoff after they scored early in the 3rd Quarter and kept our offense off of the field.

We returned 1 defensive starter. Due to the crazy circumstances, our defense played the entire 2nd half. What do you expect? It was La Vega's night and they earned it. But that was one night and our kid's grew up and found out what 3A is about and what we have to do to win.

Coming into this game, I said it would come down to who made the least amount of mistakes would win and I was right. Why would I say that if my attitude was 3A sucks and we were going to roll? I did have confidence that we would step up, but we just didn't get it done.

LOL

I know I have talked alot of crap and that won't stop because that is what I like to do, but it seems to me that people thought we as a fan base said we were going to go undefeated and win the whole thing and that is NOT what any of us said.

Our mentality is get better each week. Go Bwd Lions was just trying to explain what we see at Brownwood year after year, teams that are coached to peak at the right time, playoff time, and then roll. You may say, well that is in the past, and you are right it is, but doesn't the past usually define who you are and what you do and what you are capable of? Does it guarantee anything? Heck no. I know people get tired of hearing about the past from us, and that's fine, but sometimes you can't explain it, you just have to see it for yourself. ;)

If our goal was to go undefeated, why in the hell would we have scheduled all these tough opponents before district? LOL Think about it.

It is going to take a tough team to beat La Vega. ! No! Our perception was correct. I've been on this board since 2002 and have pretty much heard it all. There's a pattern here and we told you about it. This a clear case of Tune Changing. Just wash the snot out of your Jocks and Pom Poms and move on. The crying is over and it was funny as hell!:D :D :D

Rocket
09-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by espn1
! No! Our perception was correct. I've been on this board since 2002 and have pretty much heard it all. There's a pattern here and we told you about it. This a clear case of Tune Changing. Just wash the snot out of your Jocks and Pom Poms and move on. The crying is over and it was funny as hell!:D :D :D

Because Brownwood lost to one team? You are a joke. I wil stand by everything I have said. I said we will lose early (that is why I brought up the returning starters), I said we would peak at the right time, and I said we are OVERALL on a more level playing field and all this will help us in the end. Losing to one team (possibly the #1 team) in Week 1 doesn't prove anything but the fact that Brownwood has alot of work to do and plenty of time to do it.

News Flash - The season isn't over.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Honestly....when the first WOS posters finally admitted that 3A was a lot more competitive than the expected to be after dropping down, they gained a lot of respect.

I think that is all the most of here want is for Brownwood to respect that fact.

Rocket, I have just spent the past 30 minutes or so looking at some of your old posts. Maybe you don't mean what you say, but I ran across several things that didn't sound like you respected us much.

Here are a couple of your very first posts!!

In 4A, we were underdogs in the big games, in 3A, we will be as good or better than any team we play.

Abilene Wylie will be big school. By 50 plus...
Brownwood has always scheduled the best possible in pre-district. It makes for high levels of intensity each Friday. We don't back away from a fight.

Liberty Who? Looking forward to letting the rest of 3a understand just what happened when Brownwood dropped. Scheduling them should let them know its ours now. Sorry... Ha Ha

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Because Brownwood lost to one team? You are a joke. I wil stand by everything I have said. I said we will lose early (that is why I brought up the returning starters), I said we would peak at the right time, and I said we are OVERALL on a more level playing field and all this will help us in the end. Losing to one team (possibly the #1 team) in Week 1 doesn't prove anything but the fact that Brownwood has alot of work to do and plenty of time to do it.

Come on, Rocket...let them beat you up a little bit. It's part of the 3ADownLow "crow eating" process. A few "we told you so's" are part of the meal, followed by a sprinkling of "we knew this would happen to you", even though they were guessing.

Doggy bag some of the meal...you can re-heat it and serve it back to them at a later date. Of course MY doggy bagged meal is in deep-freeze along with a slice of our wedding cake...but it WILL be thawed out in the near future!!!!

Rocket
09-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Honestly....when the first WOS posters finally admitted that 3A was a lot more competitive than the expected to be after dropping down, they gained a lot of respect.

Posted by Rocket afer the game on this thread...

They controlled the clock and kept our offense off of the field. They didn't turn the ball over and they played hard physical football, just like everybody predicted. How can you score if your offense is not on the field? Wow... I am very impressed with 3A football.

Open mouth, insert crow..
----------------------------------------------------------

I knew somebody would go back through my posts and that is fine.. I know you had to go waaaaaaay back for that last one. My tune has changed somewhat. I do respect 3A.

When I made that post it was me verses all of 3A and I just got flat out pissed. HA HA

It's all fun wimbo...I am here to stay, I have said that before. I even contributed money to the site. So if I was that much of a wuss, I would be long gone by now. I'll eat the crow. But don't pull a couple of my posts out of context, you gotta take the whole thing. There s plenty of crow to be eaten by me and i will eat it in due time. It is just way too early for me to be proven wrong.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
WOW!! I didn't remember posting all of that??:p

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I always like a fan base who will tell it like it was. Props to LaVega for the win.

Brownwood, this is a big learning experience and I hope your boys take something from it and get better. Some teams need to lose to bring them back to earth. I'm positive this make Brownwood a better football team.

Anyway, the Class you guys have shown is remarkable. No excuses, just plain truth. It's always fun when you get to feed somebody some crow. Not so much when you are getting fed.

Anyway, hats off to both teams. Sounds like LaVega is a tough customer.

:clap: :) LOL. This applied to everyone except Rocket.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM

I knew somebody would go back through my posts and that is fine.. I know you had to go waaaaaaay back for that last one. My tune has changed somewhat. I do respect 3A.

When I made that post it was me verses all of 3A and I just got flat out pissed. HA HA

That's cool....I DID say it was one of your very first posts!!

Rocket
09-06-2008, 11:54 AM
LOL. This applied to everyone except Rocket.

Yeah, I see what you mean, necks. I have no class. I mean I have thrown excuses out and I have blamed the refs for our loss. I didn't even say good game and give La Vega any respect.

My beef is with people wanting me to eat crow in Week 1 for everything I have said on the Downlow. Hilarious..

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Warning Homer Alert...there has only been one team in recent memory that has dropped to 3A and dominated somehwhat... and who may that be :D

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I see what you mean, necks. I have no class. I mean I have thrown excuses out and I have blamed the refs for our loss. I didn't even say good game and give La Vega any respect.

My beef is with people wanting me to eat crow in Week 1 for everything I have said on the Downlow. Hilarious.. Yea..... you pretty much have shown no class except for when you said they dominated..... I took that as the brute truth and that's when I posted that. AFTER I posted that, you came on here and started making excuses and backtracking.

Thus the post just a few minutes ago.

Rocket
09-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Yea..... you pretty much have shown no class except for when you said they dominated..... I took that as the brute truth and that's when I posted that. AFTER I posted that, you came on here and started making excuses and backtracking.

Thus the post just a few minutes ago.

Really? No class? lol ok...

Please explain yourself and my backtracking. Want me to go back through ALL 500 of my posts and back myself up? Wait a minute, I don't give a crap what you think.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM

My beef is with people wanting me to eat crow in Week 1 for everything I have said on the Downlow. Hilarious..

I never said you didn't have any class, and your latter post have lost SOME of the arrogance of your initial posts!

I asked a question on your message board and was surprised of all the Brownwood posters that post there that hadn't met.

We are tight knit here and when we feel like one is being attacked....we defend!!

That being said....you HAD to know this was coming!! You aren't the first and you won't be the last!!

WELCOME to the downlow family!

"Football made us friends, the 3Adownlow made us family"

(Quote from the downlow shirt)

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 12:11 PM

WELCOME to the downlow family!

"Football made us friends, the 3Adownlow made us family"

(Quote from the downlow shirt)

(Quote from the NEWEST DownLow shirt)

"Inside this yarn lies the bones of our friend Rocket"

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Really? No class? lol ok...

Please explain yourself and my backtracking. Want me to go back through ALL 500 of my posts and back myself up? Wait a minute, I don't give a crap what you think. At first, you said La Vega earned this game and totally dominated in every facet of the game.

Now it's..... well we were as good as them but that turnover on the kickoff cost us....

And the class I was referring to is non existant with you..... I think that is evident in the other thread....

Now, I'm not saying that I didn't blame our loss to bport on turnovers.... but everybody hates me almost as much as they hate you and have grown used to me....

Ive already had my share of what you're getting and I stiull get it from time to time....

I just want to hear honesty and not excuses.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 12:18 PM
At first, you said La Vega earned this game and totally dominated in every facet of the game.

Now it's..... well we were as good as them but that turnover on the kickoff cost us....

And the class I was referring to is non existant with you..... I think that is evident in the other thread....

Now, I'm not saying that I didn't blame our loss to bport on turnovers.... but everybody hates me almost as much as they hate you and have grown used to me....

Ive already had my share of what you're getting and I stiull get it from time to time....

I just want to hear honesty and not excuses.

I don't hate you (or Rocket either for that matter).....I DO like to get my jabs in when I can though!!:p

daug
09-06-2008, 12:21 PM
After watching two weeks of high school football, I will say that 2A Cisco woul beat 3A Brownwood by at least 14. Early and Brownwood would be a great game. Rocket is an absolute MORON. La Vega beat the crap out of Bwood's defense. The Lions are in some deep trouble.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't hate you (or Rocket either for that matter).....I DO like to get my jabs in when I can though!!:p Well, FBB DID hate me, that is until I started being nice to the Brahmas.

And LHPM was pretty ticked the other day.... and P4S stays pissed at me. Lol.

go bwd lions
09-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by daug
After watching two weeks of high school football, I will say that 2A Cisco woul beat 3A Brownwood by at least 14. Early and Brownwood would be a great game. Rocket is an absolute MORON. La Vega beat the crap out of Bwood's defense. The Lions are in some deep trouble.

And daug, what team might you be rooting for? I've never heard of "teaxs"!

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Early fan? LOL
That post screams of Early Homeristic Jibberish...
We got beat 1/2 of a game. Cisco beat the crap out of you the whole game and we even gave you one of our best players!

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Early fan? LOL
That post screams of Early Homeristic Jibberish...
We got beat 1/2 of a game. Cisco beat the crap out of you the whole game and we even gave you one of our best players! there is no such thing as getting beat half a game:rolleyes:

you either get beat or you don't......

I would say yall got dominated judging from the 7 offensive plays in the second half ;)

DOMINATION!

daug
09-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Early fan? No, high school fan. 6Man to 5A. Y'all got whipped and will next week, welcome back to 4A and in two weeks by The Hill. You smart off like you know everything about football and you don't know your butthole from a hole in the ground. I bet you weren't even at the game last night were you?

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 01:19 PM

I would say yall got dominated judging from the 7 offensive plays in the second half ;)

[/B]

SEVEN plays the 2nd half??? Good lord....

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Early fan? No, high school fan. 6Man to 5A. Y'all got whipped and will next week, welcome back to 4A and in two weeks by The Hill. You smart off like you know everything about football and you don't know your butthole from a hole in the ground. I bet you weren't even at the game last night were you?

Nope, had to listen on the radio. what does that have to do with it?

I know a little about football. Not as much as you, apparently. You are sad, dude. you let it get personal. LOL chill out.

I bet I know as much or more about football as you do. Any takers?

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:30 PM
SEVEN plays the 2nd half??? Good lord....

It was like 10, but not much better.

We had like (3) 3 and out series. And when they got it... they 5 yards here and 7 yards there'd us all the way down the field milking the clock. Flawless execution and game plan. Very impressed.

The fumble on the kickoff after the 6 minute opening drive of the 3rd Quarter really hurt us. They milked another 3-4 minutes off the clock there. So at the end of the 3rd Quarter we had no offensive plays in the 2nd half. Truly surreal.

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:31 PM
It was like 10, but not much better.

We had like (3) 3 and out series. And when they got it... they 5 yards here and 7 yards there'd us all the way down the field milking the clock. Flawless execution and game plan. Very impressed.

The fumble on the kickoff after the 6 minute opening drive of the 3rd Quarter really hurt us. They milked another 3-4 minutes of of it there. So at the end of the 3rd Quarter we had no offensive plays in the 2nd half. Truly surreal. flate out domination on the super brownwood team

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:31 PM

You would sound like a big idiot.

daug
09-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, I asked around about you to see what position you played and someone told be you were the guy that washed the jockstraps. That true?

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:32 PM
flate out domination on the super brownwood team

Yeah good insight, go blue.

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, I asked around about you to see what position you played and someone told be you were the guy that washed the jockstraps. That true? :1popcorn:

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah good insight, go blue. well that is what it was.....3 3 and outs.....and just controlling the ball........that is what I call domination

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Well, I asked around about you to see what position you played and someone told be you were the guy that washed the jockstraps. That true?

LOL Sorry, no. Wouldn't matter if I did or didn't.
You have to play football to know the game?

Hear that ladies?

How many downs of football did Gordon Wood play in his lifetime?

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:37 PM
well that is what it was.....3 3 and outs.....and just controlling the ball........that is what I call domination
Cool... I think I said that in my take on the game earlier in the thread so we finally agree on something.

daug
09-06-2008, 01:38 PM
So you are Gordon Wood? WOW! Go get me some water, boy.

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Cool... I think I said that in my take on the game earlier in the thread so we finally agree on something. so you got dominated? no way i thought bwood does not get dominated:rolleyes:

OldBison75
09-06-2008, 01:42 PM
To all you Brownwood fans---- I don't post much, but I read the Downlow alot. I have see several posts from people that say they are fom Brownwood that predicted some form of domination of 3A. Most I took as being just hometown pride and a few that I think might really have believed they were invincible. Well, we live and learn and to be honest, I think no one really believed Brownwood would dominate 3A.

For the record, the top 3A schools, which LaVega is definitely a member of the group, can compete and even dominate higher classifications if they limit mistakes and execute. Remember, the quality of the core athletes is not that different between 3A and 4A, but the dept of that quality is what really make the difference.

Brownwood will be alright and will most likely be a playoff team. They learned a lesson in smashmouth football last night and will put the lessons to work to prevent that from happening again. That said, they have at least two more weeks of top quality opponents coming up and they likely will lose at least one of those games. SO WHAT--they will get better if they can keep thier pride in check and keep working hard.

Congrats to LaVega and GOOD LUCK BROWNWOOD

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
To all you Brownwood fans---- I don't post much, but I read the Downlow alot. I have see several posts from people that say they are fom Brownwood that predicted some form of domination of 3A. Most I took as being just hometown pride and a few that I think might really have believed they were invincible. Well, we live and learn and to be honest, I think no one really believed Brownwood would dominate 3A.

For the record, the top 3A schools, which LaVega is definitely a member of the group, can compete and even dominate higher classifications if they limit mistakes and execute. Remember, the quality of the core athletes is not that different between 3A and 4A, but the dept of that quality is what really make the difference.

Brownwood will be alright and will most likely be a playoff team. They learned a lesson in smashmouth football last night and will put the lessons to work to prevent that from happening again. That said, they have at least two more weeks of top quality opponents coming up and they likely will lose at least one of those games. SO WHAT--they will get better if they can keep thier pride in check and keep working hard.

Congrats to LaVega and GOOD LUCK BROWNWOOD

Good post Bison... The next 2 Weeks will be tough. No doubt!

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Good post Bison... The next 2 Weeks will be tough. No doubt! 1-3 record for the quote best team in the state end quote

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:47 PM
so you got dominated? no way i thought bwood does not get dominated:rolleyes:

Did you read my post from earlier?
lol

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Did you read my post from earlier?
lol I guess I"m just shocked that THE Brownwood high got DOMINATED!

OldBison75
09-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Rocket, as a fan of a team that got the lesson of believing your team might be better than you think--don't let the Downlow get you down. These people can be vicious when they get a little blood on thier teeth, but not a single one would ever refuse to help you in any way they could. Before my team played LH last year in the playoffs I thought there were some very arrogant LH fans on this board and after we got our butts smashed in the game, I found more class in that group than in my own fans and neighbors in some cases.

You have made some early posts that gave the predators the smell of blood and now you are giving credit as is due to LaVega. You say that you look forward to a chance to see them again in the playoffs--and you think the result may be different. I congratulate you on the faith in your team and belief that they have learned and will be better for what they learned in the loss. I would not give a damn for a fan that did not believe in thier team.

Rocket
09-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I guess I"m just shocked that THE Brownwood high got DOMINATED!

That is why they play the games and we watch them..never know what is going to happen. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't...but it is a blast to follow it!

Old Tiger
09-06-2008, 02:00 PM
That is why they play the games and we watch them..never know what is going to happen. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't...but it is a blast to follow it! it sounded like that one really didn't go bwood's way!

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Dude. GB.... you sound more stupid than "daug"

pirate4state
09-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, FBB DID hate me, that is until I started being nice to the Brahmas.

And LHPM was pretty ticked the other day.... and P4S stays pissed at me. Lol. LMAO you give yourself too much credit kid!

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LMAO you give yourself too much credit kid! You know it's true. You're always jumpin me for something. Asking me do I really want to start.

:devil:

Rocket
09-06-2008, 02:21 PM
La Vega levels Lions
No. 3 Pirates ruin home opener for No. 7 Brownwood, 31-14
By Derrick Stuckly - Brownwood Bulletin
Published: Saturday, September 6, 2008 10:08 AM CDT

Any doubts that Class 3A could provide formidable competition for the No. 7 Brownwood Lions were silenced by the No. 3 La Vega Pirates Friday night.

Behind a punishing ground attack, a keep-away game plan and 14 points off Lions’ turnovers, the Pirates spoiled Brownwood’s home opener, 31-14, at Gordon Wood Stadium.

La Vega (2-0) broke a 14-all halftime tie by dominating the time of possession in the second half. The Pirates took 40 snaps and owned the ball for 21:02, while the Lions (1-1) ran just 13 plays and had the ball for 2:58 in the second half. “Obviously the second half was not a pretty picture at all,” said Lions head coach Steve Freeman. “This is probably a little bit of an eye opener tonight. I know it was for me and I was pretty close to the action down there. No doubt La Vega is worthy of the praise and recognition they’ve been given.”

Chad Ward rushed for 154 of La Vega’s 288 yards on the ground, while Tevin Thompson added 81 yards and a touchdown and quarterback Danzel Wilson tallied 45 yards and two scores. The Pirates averaged 4.9 yards per carry on their 59 attempts with only five rushes covering more than 10 yards.

“Their speed factor was something to contend with, but with all the snaps they got tonight, it was all about ball control,” Freeman said. “They ball controlled us more than I’ve ever been ball controlled.”

Brownwood managed just 29 yards of total offense and one first down in the second half and finished with 192 total yards for the game. The Lions also turned the ball over three times, including twice inside their own 35 which led to La Vega touchdowns.

Quarterback Casey Pachall completed just two of his last 12 attempts after a solid opening half. Overall, Pachall was 10-of-25 for 106 yards with a pair of first-half touchdowns. Rashad Deal led the Lions’ 86-yard rushing attack with 42 yards on seven carries. Shelby Miller caught a team-high four passes for 63 yards.

“We didn’t answer back offensively when we needed to answer back,” Freeman said. “The turnover circumstance is never a good circumstance, but when ball control is somebody’s cup of tea, you have to respond.”

On the health front, offensive tackle Stavion Lowe - who has verbally committed to LSU - reinjured his left knee, which he hurt last week against Burnet. Lowe went down with 4:32 left in the first half and did not return. The severity of his injury was unknown Friday night.

“We’ll have some answers healthwise (Saturday), and then we’ll go from there,” Freeman said.

La Vega opened the lopsided second half with a 10-play, 66-yard drive that culminated with a 1-yard dive by Wilson, which gave the Pirates a 21-14 edge at the 7:19 mark of the third period.

Brownwood fumbled away the ensuing kickoff, which the Pirates recovered on the Lions 29.

“The momentum swung even more after the score,” Freeman said. “We don’t want to be back there returning kicks too much, but when we are, we have to answer the call, and not in that way.”

La Vega then took seven plays and 3:46 to build a 28-14 advantage as Thompson capped the march with a 2-yard run with 3:35 left in the third period. Following the exchange of three punts, La Vega pieced together one final crippling drive that lasted 17 plays and 8:54, and covered 77 yards.

Eddy Gonzales, who nailed his first four extra-point attempts, drilled a 25-yard field goal to close the scoring with 2:37 left in the contest. The field goal marked La Vega’s 37th play of the half, compared to Brownwood’s sixth at that juncture.

In the first half, Brownwood opened the scoring as a 17-yard toss from Pachall to Miller put the Lions in front 7-0 with 6:06 left in the first period.

With the Lions seemingly in control, the Pirates turned the tide when Tim Kemp ripped a shovel pass away from Deal and recovered the ball at the Lions 32.

Seven plays later, La Vega was in the end zone for the first time as Wilson - who also completed 3-of-7 passes for 35 yards - connected with Caleb Hobbs on a 22-yard scoring toss with the Pirates facing a 3rd-and-11. Gonzales’ PAT tied the score at 7-all with seven seconds left in the first period.

La Vega took its first lead at the 5:50 mark of the second period as Wilson’s first 1-yard run capped an 11-play, 81-yard march. Wilson’s 31-yard scramble out to the Pirate 45 was the key play of the drive, and the longest play of the night for either team.

Brownwood responded with its own 11-play, 81-yard trek that ended with a 4-yard pass from Pachall to Derek Longoria. Miller’s PAT with 1:59 left in the half knotted the score at 14, where it remained through halftime.

“We scored there right before the half, but you could tell they had taken the offensive momentum because of their power game,” Freeman said.

The Lions will look to bounce back Friday when they host Stephenville as the “Battle of 377” resumes after a two-year hiatus. Stephenville will enter the game 0-2 following a 19-16 loss to Denton Guyer.

“We found out some things tonight and we’ll continue to find out some things throughout this schedule,” Freeman said. “The cards are on the table and we’ve got to get to work, but our kids will respond and move forward.”

NastySlot
09-06-2008, 02:53 PM
LOL Sorry, no. Wouldn't matter if I did or didn't.
You have to play football to know the game?

Hear that ladies?

How many downs of football did Gordon Wood play in his lifetime?

don't think he played any in high school...but i heard he played a little in college along with basketball and track.

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow..i didnt pay attention early...I thought you traveled to Waco for this game. Your home opener, eh? Not good.

garciap77
09-06-2008, 07:04 PM

And Abilene Wylie!
:thinking: Wait a minute were are 3A! :D

garciap77
09-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Dont forget Jasper.

And Everman in 2000!

Emerson1
09-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
And Everman in 2000!
They made up for it though in 01 02

Lion_Addict
09-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Might as well put it here.
Gotta give some more BIG PROPS. And these go to "Rocket" for what he's taken today! I've read 'em all, and dag gum.....yawl can get brutal :eek: . I've read it's "all part of it", and I do believe he's taken it all very well. Take it as a "Homer" post if you want for having a fellow Brownwood fan's back. Just had to say something......and I hope everybody will be able to just move on and not take anything too personal.

wimbo_pro
09-06-2008, 07:49 PM
I say 24 hours should be the maximum limit for a thrashing. Rocket has paid his dues like a man...but we DO have a few hours left!!!!

garciap77
09-06-2008, 07:50 PM

Mybe there is some truth to what I heard at the BW Whataburger last year from the Early Fan!:D

Just Kidding Rocket!;)

BW will be just fine! Sometimes it takes a lost like this to fire a team up!

garciap77
09-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Might as well put it here.
Gotta give some more BIG PROPS. And these go to "Rocket" for what he's taken today! I've read 'em all, and dag gum.....yawl can get brutal :eek: . I've read it's "all part of it", and I do believe he's taken it all very well. Take it as a "Homer" post if you want for having a fellow Brownwood fan's back. Just had to say something......and I hope everybody will be able to just move on and not take anything too personal.

I am with you Lion Addict! Rocket continues to hold his own! Hang on Rocket things will get better!:)

Your are a true #1 FAN!:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
09-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I am with you Lion Addict! Rocket continues to hold his own! Hang on Rocket things will get better!:)

Your are a true #1 FAN!:thumbsup:

I agree!! I don't even think the 24 hour rule can apply to me, I don't have the stomach for it any more!!!

Don't tell anyone, but I think I might actually LIKE Rocket now!!!:eek: :eek:

Lion_Addict
09-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Just posted some pics from the game over in the "photo thread only", in case anybody's interested. Not a professional photographer or anything but they're over there.

garciap77
09-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Just posted some pics from the game over in the "photo thread only", in case anybody's interested. Not a professional photographer or anything but they're over there.

Thanks! Nice pics, La Vega has some big boys!

WO-S 89
09-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Could be La Vega vs. Gilmer in 2nd rd. of playoffs.

daug
09-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I like him when he's not posting.

STANG RED
09-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I say 24 hours should be the maximum limit for a thrashing. Rocket has paid his dues like a man...but we DO have a few hours left!!!!

Yea I really wanted to come on here and get a few good shots in on Rocket myself. But after reading the beating he has taken on several threads, and reading his crow eating posts, I just didnt have the heart to continue the beating.
I look forward to a more mild mannered and respectful Rocket from here on out, at least I hope so. But it was fun while it lasted, and I have a feeling ol Rocket will backslide on occasion. He surprisingly handled failure with considerable grace, now the true test of character will come when we see how he handles success. Vendictive winners are always worse than sore losers.

garciap77
09-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Hello Stang!

STANG RED
09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Hello Stang!

Hows it hangin ol buddy?:D Ive been sorta out of pocket a lot lately and havent been able to be on much myself. Sounds like yall had one heck of a great game to watch last night. Cant say I'm real excited to hear the Dawgs are looking so solid again.
But I did see some pretty good things from my Mustangs last night in the second half, so at least all hope is not lost. ;)

garciap77
09-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Hows it hangin ol buddy?:D Ive been sorta out of pocket a lot lately and havent been able to be on much myself. Sounds like yall had one heck of a great game to watch last night. Cant say I'm real excited to hear the Dawgs are looking so solid again.
But I did see some pretty good things from my Mustangs last night in the second half, so at least all hope is not lost. ;)

Yes we did! LH was soild! The stangs will be ready by dist. Hope you can make the game.

BwdLions
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I like him when he's not posting.

It'd be nice if you'd stopped posting. ;)

Texasfootball2
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I agree!! I don't even think the 24 hour rule can apply to me, I don't have the stomach for it any more!!!

Don't tell anyone, but I think I might actually LIKE Rocket now!!!:eek: :eek:

I almost hate to admit Ranger Mom, but I feel the same way.

Rocket
09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yea I really wanted to come on here and get a few good shots in on Rocket myself. But after reading the beating he has taken on several threads, and reading his crow eating posts, I just didnt have the heart to continue the beating.
I look forward to a more mild mannered and respectful Rocket from here on out, at least I hope so. But it was fun while it lasted, and I have a feeling ol Rocket will backslide on occasion. He surprisingly handled failure with considerable grace, now the true test of character will come when we see how he handles success. Vendictive winners are always worse than sore losers.

I just now read these last posts and I sure do appreciate it. Truth be told, I talk alot of smack, and alot of it is just the opposite of who I am and most of it is in fun. I do get riled up sometimes and really let off. Alot of my bad posts are usually responses to somebody that has ticked me off, not me just starting trouble. I will be more calm but like I said I will stir the pot. And for the record, I am not a vendictive winner at all. My rule is once the game has been played, much respect goes to all the players and coaches and fans. It all comes down to the players (teenagers) working their butts off to give us something fun to watch. You guys have my word that once the games are done, win or lose, it is gonna be good game!, not ya'll suck. (Talking about the Brownwood games).

Daddy D 11
09-08-2008, 10:14 AM
I just now read these last posts and I sure do appreciate it. Truth be told, I talk alot of smack, and alot of it is just the opposite of who I am and most of it is in fun. I do get riled up sometimes and really let off. Alot of my bad posts are usually responses to somebody that has ticked me off, not me just starting trouble. I will be more calm but like I said I will stir the pot. And for the record, I am not a vendictive winner at all. My rule is once the game has been played, much respect goes to all the players and coaches and fans. It all comes down to the players (teenagers) working their butts off to give us something fun to watch. You guys have my word that once the games are done, win or lose, it is gonna be good game!, not ya'll suck. (Talking about the Brownwood games).

I love you:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 10:14 AM

:thumbsup:

The game is over, it's a new week....everyone should just move on!