Dear La Vega and what ever cupcake is playing Celina,

Good luck in your games tonight.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Looking4number8
09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
what ever cupcake is playing Celina,

In the words of Larry the Cable Guy... "I dont care who you are, dat dar is funny":D :D

kenco13
09-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Dear La Vega and what ever cupcake is playing Celina,

Good luck in your games tonight.

From what I read in the paper and on the net, when the realinement was announced, Celina put out of the PA System that they would accept offers from any 3, 4 or 5 A schools to fill their schedule. Looks like only the "Cupcakes" had the B@lls to step-up. JMTOTS

Necks_Fan
09-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by kenco13
From what I read in the paper and on the net, when the realinement was announced, Celina put out of the PA System that they would accept offers from any 3, 4 or 5 A schools to fill their schedule. Looks like only the "Cupcakes" had the B@lls to step-up. JMTOTS :ditto:

Pick6
09-05-2008, 02:51 PM
From what I read in the paper and on the net, when the realinement was announced, Celina put out of the PA System that they would accept offers from any 3, 4 or 5 A schools to fill their schedule. Looks like only the "Cupcakes" had the B@lls to step-up. JMTOTS

:rolleyes: Here we go again with this garbage. Tell me again kenco13 what a good 4a or 5a team would gain by beating Celina?

trojan37
09-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
:rolleyes: Here we go again with this garbage. Tell me again kenco13 what a good 4a or 5a team would gain by beating Celina?

We'll find out when they play Whitehouse.

BILLYFRED0000
09-05-2008, 03:01 PM

But that is not what this is about. This is about nobody in 3a willing to trade jousts that would work on our schedules. We did accept two 4a schools and a good private school as they would step up to the plate along with Lytle and Daingerfield. Hats off to all.

Necks_Fan
09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
:rolleyes: Here we go again with this garbage. Tell me again kenco13 what a good 4a or 5a team would gain by beating Celina? Confidence. Celina sure as hell aint a pushover by ANY means.

Pick6
09-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I guess if the Munday Moguls,1A, would of called Celina that Butch Ford would scheduled them. :rolleyes:

gatordaze

A lot less than than would lose by getting beat!

We are playing the 5 time TAPPS 6A state champions in Trinity Christian Academy. They are bringing a crowd, have asked for extra tickets, and are having Celina's own Burger Fixin's cater their talegate party in the Brookshires parking lot!

If I can scrounge upsomething Blue and Gold I my go get me some BBQ!

Sweetwater Red

So, you're saying that Celina's schedule is full of cupcakes that
have balls? By them having balls does that make them any less
of a cupcake? Ummm.......no.

Necks_Fan
09-05-2008, 03:12 PM
So, you're saying that Celina's schedule is full of cupcakes that
have balls? By them having balls does that make them any less
of a cupcake? Ummm.......no. All, I'm saying is you people give Celina such a hard time about who they schedule even when they schedule the VERY best possible teams that they can with gas prices the way they are and a good matchup. Hats off to LH for getting the teams they did on their schedule. Maybe B'wood and Celina can hook it up in the near future. It's easy for Sweetwater to get opponents because teams aern't scared to play them like they are against Celina.

I say give Celina props for being that good. It's a good problem to have when everybody is scared to play you.

Sweetwater Red
09-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
All, I'm saying is you people give Celina such a hard time about who they schedule even when they schedule the VERY best possible teams that they can with gas prices the way they are and a good matchup. Hats off to LH for getting the teams they did on their schedule. Maybe B'wood and Celina can hook it up in the near future. It's easy for Sweetwater to get opponents because teams aern't scared to play them like they are against Celina.

I say give Celina props for being that good. It's a good problem to have when everybody is scared to play you.

I never said it's Celina's fault they have a weak schedule. It's
not their fault Region II is weak. But, that doesn't hide the fact
that they won't play anyone until week 15.

cats 2008
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
celina would blow out sweetwater.

Necks_Fan
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I never said it's Celina's fault they have a weak schedule. It's
not their fault Region II is weak. But, that doesn't hide the fact
that they won't play anyone until week 15. I don't see you dogging Reg 4 teams.

I really don't care who you play. If you're still standing at the end then you're doing something right.

Rocket
09-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
All, I'm saying is you people give Celina such a hard time about who they schedule even when they schedule the VERY best possible teams that they can with gas prices the way they are and a good matchup. Hats off to LH for getting the teams they did on their schedule. Maybe B'wood and Celina can hook it up in the near future. It's easy for Sweetwater to get opponents because teams aern't scared to play them like they are against Celina.

Weak pre-district, weak district. By the time playoffs start, they are fresh (cuz they haven't played anybody or had to really fight for anything) their starters are all rested, hardly even banged up, and they are ready to go for the playoffs when all these other teams are fighting each week with a real schedule and playing in a real district. They breeze through bi-district and then breeze through area and then have to maybe win 2-3 REAL games late in the year against teams that have 3-4 studs that are worn out from playing every minute of every game all season.

There are alot of factors that have contributed to their success besides actually being a good team. Any team that can win that many games in a row either does their best to schedule a bunch of nobody's or is dang lucky. I will go with both.

But that is just my true opinion. HA HA

pirate4state
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks Sweetwater Red :rolleyes:

:bigcry:

cats 2008
09-05-2008, 03:25 PM
maby celina and sweetwater will meet in the playoffs.It will be fun!;)

kepdawg
09-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Weak pre-district, weak district. By the time playoffs start, they are fresh (cuz they haven't played anybody or had to really fight for anything) their starters are all rested, hardly even banged up, and they are ready to go for the playoffs when all these other teams are fighting each week with a real schedule and playing in a real district. They breeze through bi-district and then breeze through area and then have to maybe win 2-3 REAL games late in the year against teams that have 3-4 studs that are worn out from playing every minute of every game all season.

There are alot of factors that have contributed to their success besides actually being a good team. Any team that can win that many games in a row either does their best to schedule a bunch of nobody's or is dang lucky. I will go with both.

Wow! So Brownwood plays the 1's the whole game? I thought they were better than that!

Sweetwater Red
09-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Sorry Kep AND p4s. I was really just trying to get a laugh with
my intitial post. I really didn't think it would turn in to this.:(

I'll just ban myself from this thread now.

BTW if anyone took what I said seriously...which a few of you did...:dispntd:

Pick6
09-05-2008, 03:32 PM

Come on Pirate4State, it hasn't gotten out of hand......yet :kiss:

kepdawg
09-05-2008, 03:33 PM

I start a nice post wishing a couple of teams good luck and look what you did! :dispntd:

pirate4state
09-05-2008, 03:37 PM

Well I laughed, but others ... not so much!

*sigh*

Only 1 more hour.....tick, tock...

kenco13
09-05-2008, 03:54 PM

Well, they could say they beat Celina, and not very many teams can say that over the last 10 years or so. Now for a smaller 4A that could be a big deal not so much for a 5A. But for either, a loss might make them the laughing stock of their district. And it's the fact that they might lose that keeps them from playing Celina. JMTOTS

CHS_89
09-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Well I laughed, but others ... not so much!

*sigh*

Only 1 more hour.....tick, tock...

I got a chuckle out of it myself. Good luck all !!!!

Pick6
09-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, they could say they beat Celina, and not very many teams can say that over the last 10 years or so. Now for a smaller 4A that could be a big deal not so much for a 5A. But for either, a loss might make them the laughing stock of their district. And it's the fact that they might lose that keeps them from playing Celina. JMTOTS

Like I asked earlier, would Celina schedule a 1A team? I'm almost sure the answer would be no.

CelinaCatFan
09-05-2008, 05:17 PM
According to counter argument logic, what would Celina "gain" from playing a 1A school? Is there a 1A school that is willing to step up and play them?

Pick6
09-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
According to counter argument logic, what would Celina "gain" from playing a 1A school? Is there a 1A school that is willing to step up and play them?

You are helping prove the point. There is nothing to gain for a team to drop down classifacations(sp) and schedule someone. What I'm also saying is that Butch Ford wouldn't schedule a 1A team so why should a 5A team drop down to play a 3A team?

WildTexan972
09-05-2008, 05:33 PM

words of a guy wishin his team was havin better success....

ah the jealous they will whine....

I sure did not see the high and mighty B'wood maroon weiners scheduling any tough 5A teams when they were 4A, but they still brag about how ell they did in 4A....

as for Sugarwater....I doubt most ANY 3A team is afraid of playin them - stopping a pretty much 1 trick pony has not proven so difficult these last 4 years, as their record has proven....

CelinaCatFan
09-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I guess I do not understand your point. I agree that most 4A and 5A schools do not want to play us. It's a no-win situation for them. If they win, they should because they are a larger school. If they lose, it looks bad for them.

We're not scheduling smaller (1A or 2A) schools, as evidenced by having two 4A schools and a large private school on our schedule. It is difficult to find many 3A schools (within a reasonable distance) that are willing to play us.

I just think its ludicrous to criticize a team because of geography. The fact remains that the bobcats are consistently one of the last teams playing each season.

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I guess I do not understand your point. I agree that most 4A and 5A schools do not want to play us. It's a no-win situation for them. If they win, they should because they are a larger school. If they lose, it looks bad for them.

We're not scheduling smaller (1A or 2A) schools, as evidenced by having two 4A schools and a large private school on our schedule. It is difficult to find many 3A schools (within a reasonable distance) that are willing to play us.

I just think its ludicrous to criticize a team because of geography. The fact remains that the bobcats are consistently one of the last teams playing each season. blah blah blah

trojan37
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't know who scheduled the game, but 1A Riesel near Waco played 4A Kyle Lehman(only in it's third year of existence), but still everyone thought Riesel would get throttled in this one. Final score
Kyle Lehman - 42
Riesel - 28

Imagine how embarrassing that would have been for Lehman to lose to a 1A school.:o I do believe Celina's tradition does get into the heads of some teams and that's why they won't schedule them. I say Coach Ford should schedule an out of state team next year in one of the kickoff classics. That would be sweet.

Eagle 1
09-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I don't know who scheduled the game, but 1A Riesel near Waco played 4A Kyle Lehman(only in it's third year of existence), but still everyone thought Riesel would get throttled in this one. Final score
Kyle Lehman - 42
Riesel - 28

Imagine how embarrassing that would have been for Lehman to lose to a 1A school.:o I do believe Celina's tradition does get into the heads of some teams and that's why they won't schedule them. I say Coach Ford should schedule an out of state team next year in one of the kickoff classics. That would be sweet.

That was Kyle Lehamans JV team from what I understand.
I think Riesel is the one who should be embarrassed here.

trojan37
09-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
That was Kyle Lehamans JV team from what I understand.
I think Riesel is the one who should be embarrassed here.

Wrong.

Kyle Lehman Varsity schedule (http://www.hayscisd.net/schools/LHS/extracurricular/athl/FBall/VSchedule.htm)

CelinaProud
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Good luck in your games tonight!

Sincerely,
Kep

Thanks Kep. I wanted to extend a sincere THANKS for your well wishes and your effort at trying to start a nice thread. For the rest of you naysayers.........

May the foul wind of your own breath lodge so deeply in your stomach that you grow ovaries, become bloated, obnoxious and irrational...OH WAIT, I reread this thread....ALREADY DONE :eek:

CelinaProud
09-05-2008, 11:05 PM

Rocket, please quit sniffing your underwear...it IS KILLING off your poor brain cells!!!!!

injuredinmelee
09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
We'll find out when they play Whitehouse.

Whitehouse isnt any good.

MN95
09-05-2008, 11:18 PM

Wow, this post borders on delusional. You have actually convinced yourself that our success is due to a weak schedule and luck? That's pretty pathetic.

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Whitehouse isnt any good.

you really believe that?

CHS_89
09-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
you really believe that?

I don't. After reading what happened to WH tonite, it looks like their defense is the issue. Their O put up over 30 (i think) in a loosing effort.

MN95
09-05-2008, 11:28 PM
you really believe that?

I expect a difficult game from Whitehouse. If their defense is weak, we will need to chew up the clock with our running game and keep their offense off the field. Hopefully, we can hold serve a time or two more than they do.

I also have a feeling that our game with Prosper will be a tough one this year.

CHS_89
09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
10-4 that MN.

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
I dont know if WH D is a problem really

Game one they are beat by a team with a D1 RB and an OL that averages 280 or so

Game 2 D is beat by a team with a D1 QB and has a ton of speed on O

CHS_89
09-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I dont know if WH D is a problem really

Game one they are beat by a team with a D1 RB and an OL that averages 280 or so

Game 2 D is beat by a team with a D1 QB and has a ton of speed on O

Ah. TX, I don't know anything about WH, only what I read on smoaky. I'm certainly not taking anything away from them so don't take it that way.