PDA

View Full Version : Tonight in La Vernia

buff4ever
09-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I am not guaranteeing a win tonite by the buffaloes or anything, nor saying that the following is even possible. I also haven't heard this from any coach or player's mouth, so let's get that clear already.

However, if the buffaloes are able to, then I expect them to blowout with no concern for score or feelings after last night. Our freshman won by a couple of scores or so, but the La Vernia coach continued toair it out during the JV game after the score was 40 something to nothing or 6 or something like that. He didn't seem to call off the dogs at all, and even appeared to be going out of his way to run it up. If the buffs play well and are in the position to do this, which i have no idea whether this will be possible or not. But I expect that we will not hold back even if called for.

This is for fun use only. I really don't have a SERIOUS problem with running up the score on the buffs or us on others. When you get to this level we all have to be big boys and take it sometimes. Now I am not all in favor or doing it in a classless way, and I am not saying that last night was classless necessarily. But our very thin in numbers and talent JV team was hanging there heads prettly low, then next thing you know La Vernia was airing it down field again. Sometimes these things come back to bite you, and it may or may not be tonite, but it will be eventually.

buff4life
09-05-2008, 01:41 PM
but hopefully it will be tonight...

sotex
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Let 'em have it Buffs. As they say "What goes around comes around"

hsfootballfan
09-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Do you know if the LV coach kept the starters in for the whole game or not? I've heard that the LV coaches are purposefully trying to play teams that are top-caliber to get their boys used to playing tough competition so they'd be better prepared for district and playoffs. I think they have 2 JV teams; JV Blue is first string players and JV White is second string JV (and I think second string freshman players). I was just wondering if they played a large part of their roster or if they left the starters in just to run up the score. Maybe the coaches were using the game as more of a morale-booster for LV that they were actually beating a team from Giddings. Still, I don't agree with running up scores.

As an aside, I heard that the LV White team got smoked by the Southwest JV team last night, 42 to 6 or something.

48minutes
09-05-2008, 09:17 PM
32-14 at half I'm pretty sure.. lets see if the buffs put it on em in the 2nd.

Go Buffs

bandera7
09-05-2008, 10:06 PM
how is this game looking now?

buff4ever
09-06-2008, 12:15 AM
I believe the final was 53 to 28 buffs win. I wasn't there but young buff4life was giving me updates. It sounds like our defense is off to a slow start. We need some youngsters to step up there and fill some holes from last year. LB's have to start getting after it a little more.

53 is solid for the offense, they seem to be moving the ball pretty well. Heck we are scoring more points than Brock was scoring last year with everyone keying on him and him still trying to stack up yards. These same players moving the ball this year were at these positions last year.

Buffgal
09-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I thought for a while that the winner would be whoever had the ball last. Both offenses were explosive with tremendous speed Buffs O line dominated. On the other hand, both defenses have alot of work. IMO Giddings defense is undersized in some positions but more than that just so inexperienced. They are growing up fast, with LH last week and this week the Bears. Come district, they will be better or definitely more undersized in certain areas from the chewin they are getting ;)
Quinn Taylor went out with a shoulder injury (no definite word yet but suspected collar bone) and that left a big deficit in the LB position. Defense did strip the ball at least two times, once to scoop/score themselves (congrats 33 mathis) and another to set up the offense on the 30 yd line. Congrats to Westfall for his extra point after struggling last wk & Plumlee for his 50 yd punt after the gorgeous 15 yd one last week. I know, I know, it went off the side of your foot

La Vernia has really big athletic kids across the board. 21,27,2 were speedy and tough players. & for the line, As my kid reported, #88 was a BEAST.

I will also have to say that it was one of the most unorganized officiating games I have ever been to. More conferences and phone calls on the field than most NFL games, I was getting ready for them to run over to the sidelines and stick their heads in a box to review a play. A 5 minute Pow wow for making a decision re: an onside kick but no trouble at all calling sideline warnings/penalties or either team could throw a pass, if incomplete, it was definitely interference. Give me a break!!!
I couldn't believe it when two times (once for LV and once for GHS) they had to measure for a 1st down. The ball was in the middle of the field. Without bringing the chains out, ref picks up the ball and carries it to the sidelines. This is where they decide to measure it, on the sidelines, not where the ball was spotted. We are talking inches here and they carry it across the field. :doh:

Good luck LaVernia on your season. I don't know alot about your district but they better be ready for some quickness and some size. Hopefully, the injuries that Buffs sustained will be minor.