PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia stadium

buff4life
09-04-2008, 02:12 PM
How big is it? Small, really small, get there at 530 so you can have one of the 100 seats or what?

Buffgal
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
TexasBob STadium listings shows stadium @ 1500 capacity. I am hoping that is the capacity of the home side and not the whole thing.

Have you found out anymore from your contacts @ GHS? I may need to leave earlier than I had planned.

buff4life
09-04-2008, 03:51 PM
no i haven't received anymore info, with that said, as good as Giddings travels lately i would assume a decent seat will be assured up until about 7 maybe 645..

that assumption is in accordance that our band that will only play one quarter of the game instead of the whole game like all other bands because our "awesome" band director doesn't want to hurt their lips doesn't take up half the visitor side

1st and goal
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Bring foldup lawnchairs I guess.

Now we wouldn't want the band to have sore lips do we?

buff4life
09-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Bring foldup lawnchairs I guess.

Now we wouldn't want the band to have sore lips do we?

if there performance meant something...but there just playing at half, they are there to encourage the team and keep the crowd pumped...so why not play something every once in a while

rojosgirl
09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
That 1500 is for the whole thing. Visitors side is small and not in very good shape.

hsfootballfan
09-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
[that assumption is in accordance that our band that will only play one quarter of the game instead of the whole game like all other bands because our "awesome" band director doesn't want to hurt their lips doesn't take up half the visitor side [/B]

The band probably will take up half the visitor's side - it's super small. Home side is considerably larger, but LV has a big following and I'm not sure how many seats are going to be left over there. I went to a game there a couple years ago when they played Cuero and there were a lot of Cuero fans on the home side cuz there was no room on the visitor's side. I think the concession stand is on the home side, too, so it might be easier just to sit over there if there's room.

lbjacj
09-05-2008, 05:32 PM
The home side is twice as big as the visitors so I would say it has about 500 capacity.Lots of room around the fence for chairs though.

48minutes
09-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Giddings Band only plays one qaurter?? Since when did this happen? Past few years they played.. and they were great during the games. Heaven forbid if they get to tired to play at half, and honestly who cares how they sound at half? People go to games to watch football not judge the halftime show.. how lame is this.