PDA

View Full Version : who do you hate more?Celina or Brownwood

cats 2008
09-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Who do you hate more?

Lion_Addict
09-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Have we not been through this before? :thinking: . Oh well, vote Brownwood.....we like it :D

BILLYFRED0000
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
I hate neither. I appreciate those who rise above.

pirate4state
09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
:doh: :doh:

Aren't there some games being played this week?!?!?!

tigerchick_2013
09-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I hate neither. I appreciate those who rise above.

U couldn't have said it any better.:clap: :cool:

CHS_89
09-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Who cares? Posts like this are useless. Try posting something informative or football related next time.

BwdLions
09-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by cats 2008
Who do you hate more?

You're getting to be the biggest loser on this site. ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Who cares? Posts like this are useless. Try posting something informative or football related next time. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
09-04-2008, 09:53 AM
The "lover" option is winning.....barely, but it's still ahead!!!:D

nunya
09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
...... decisions, decisions.........

JR2004
09-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Since I don't have an opinion one way or the other about these two schools, I choose the Purple Tigers from Lincoln. No one else is even in the same neighborhood as them when it comes to dislike, not even Velt. :)

3afan
09-04-2008, 12:35 PM
i'm not sure why I'd hate either one ...

Sweetwater Red
09-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't hate either one. I was going to vote Bobacts though
simply because a Celina poster started this thread. I see the
poll is closed already.:rolleyes:

Pick6
09-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't think it's the teams that people dislike as much as it is some of the teams fans.

3afan
09-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
I don't think it's the teams that people dislike as much as it is some of the teams fans.

bingo

JR2004
09-04-2008, 01:01 PM

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Pick6
09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Winner, winner chicken dinner.

I'm a TEXAN, I want a steak :D

CelinaProud
09-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I hate the Giants, The Redskins, the Patriots and people who start threads after drinking a case of Keystone Light.

I do, however, respect Brownwood and I LOVE those Bobcats! :inlove:

CelinaTurf
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Longhorns 1-0???

SO WHAT !!!

The way I see it...

OU #4
Longhorns #10

HA!

CelinaTurf
09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh, Yeah. The closer to Oklahoma the better.

Bullaholic
09-04-2008, 02:55 PM
LOVE for the Bulls to go toe-to-toe with either.....
HATE to lose to either one.
RESPECT excellence--hope for the Bulls to be where both progams are, and have been, one day.

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Who cares? Posts like this are useless. Try posting something informative or football related next time. They're not useless because people are voting. Last time I checked Brownwood and Celina have football programs and it does inform us who is hated more. :cool:

CHS_89
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
They're not useless because people are voting. Last time I checked Brownwood and Celina have football programs and it does inform us who is hated more. :cool:

You know what I meant, GB, lol. It should have been titled "Which posters do you hate more..." Besides, the poll was closed long ago, therefore, no one voting anymore, so technically it IS useless due to incomplete data.

BwdLions
09-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
SO WHAT !!!

The way I see it...

OU #4
Longhorns #10

HA!

I don't care where these teams are ranked now. In the final BCS poll next January, the Longhorns will finish ranked higher than the sooners. :cool:

BILLYFRED0000
09-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
LOVE for the Bulls to go toe-to-toe with either.....
HATE to lose to either one.
RESPECT excellence--hope for the Bulls to be where both progams are, and have been, one day.

Well you guys have something this year. That qb is quick and he seems to have some targets. Defense needs to step up a little but ya'll looked good to me at our scrimmage.

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
IMO they all suck!

kepdawg
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't see how anyone could hate the fine folks of Celina.

Emerson1
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
It's either hate the fans that

A. Think they are always overmatched in every game they play, and never have better athletes

or

B. Think they have players who could start on NFL teams right now, despite going 6-4 last year against 4A teams

kepdawg
09-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's either hate the fans that

A. Think they are always overmatched in every game they play, and never have better athletes

or

B. Think they have players who could start on NFL teams right now, despite going 6-4 last year against 4A teams

I tend to dislike fans who:[list=1]
Are not satisfied with 50+ point victories
Make excuses for why the margin of victory was not larger
Discredit opponents scores because it was against backups
Think it is impossible to understand the "culture" without living "there"
Think they are the only community that supports their team
Think they have a history with a team even though they've only been in town a couple of years
Think their history is the be all end all to any discussion sports related or not
Make excuses for lack of success in sports they really don't care about
Claim to be underdogs because of small enrollment while claiming to have a roster full of all-state players
Believe their coaches have a monopoly on philosophy and strategy
Claim losing all-state players doesn't matter
Think their kids are the only people worthy of any accolades
[/list=1]

I'm sure there are more.

Pick6
09-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Think they have a history with a team even though they've only been in town a couple of years
Think their history is the be all end all to any discussion sports related or not
Claim to be underdogs because of small enrollment while claiming to have a roster full of all-state players
[/list=1]

I'm sure there are more.

I'm not gonna say which one, but you just described one of the two teams that this thread was started about. :thinking:

garciap77
09-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Who do you hate more?

cats 2008!:D

CHS_89
09-04-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm a TEXAN, I want a steak :D

Don't forget the baked tater with all the fixins.

Phantom Stang
09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I have respect for each program. Having said that. I still like o mix it up with some of their fans now and again.:devil:

BwdLions
09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
cats 2008!:D

:iagree:

navscanmaster
09-04-2008, 05:08 PM
[/list=1]

I'm sure there are more.

Very well put, kepdawg. Even though I have at one point or another been guilty of one of the above, it is by no means an every post, every day, every week, every month, every year affliction. I respect both of those programs, but I could do without some of the loudmouths that represent their programs.

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm not gonna say which one, but you just described one of the two teams that this thread was started about. :thinking: I noticed that too.:nerd:

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
[/list=1]

I'm sure there are more.
Tell us how you really feel! Oh, and....good to see you again! :)

jambo67
09-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Can't hate on Brownwood, their success is from district talent. Celina on the other hand may draft good talent from kids that are almost good enough to start for Plano, or other area schools. A second stringer from a 5A might be a seasoned starter for 2A. Hope my opinion is'nt too contoversial and I could easily be proven wrong.

"EVERY BATTLE IS WON BEFORE IT IS EVEN FOUGHT."
SUN TZU.

CelinaTurf
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't care where these teams are ranked now. In the final BCS poll next January, the Longhorns will finish ranked higher than the sooners. :cool:

Very well said, Mr. prophet. I am in continual amazement of your brillance and how you now KNOW that the longhorns will finish with a higher number than my beloved Sooners... For all I know, my Sooners will have to settle for #1 or #2, unlike your longhorns who will likely have the provilege to make it all the way up to the double digits.

Good luck, prophet!

CelinaProud
09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
[/list=1]

I'm sure there are more.

Well, I have been accused, on here, of more than one of these attributes, but I was thinking as I read, and I know I have remained silent often in the last six months, mainly because I got a bit weary of monikers from those that seemed intent on labels and definitions established outside my understanding back in a time when condescending remarks, chest beating and beer swigging were Olympic sport, but I digress;

THUS, again, I was thinking as I read, so what if I have only lived here three years, think Coach Ford and Elliott may have invented the game of football, talk about the second string coming on, never follow basketball and thoroughly believe that MY SON ROCKS THAT FOOTBALL FIELD & BURNS THAT TURF! SO WHAT!?!

I love this game, I love this town, I love this school district, I love these freaking great coaches, I love the morals here, and new-be that I am, I feel flat out BLESSED to be a part of it. So I'm not an old-timer. Again, SO WHAT? I am a part of something that I think is great, that my family is nourished by and blossoms in. I feel fortunate, and why is it that is such a sin to express on this forum? Why is it there are such standards that others apply to all, in what I suppose is their wisdom, about appropriateness or stupidity, and then when violated, attack like a bulldog after meat?

Good grief, I respect our rivals, even respect your right to say because I am what I admit to be that my opinion is useless, but I wonder why THAT sort of stuff needs to be said at all? I mean, by saying it, don't you see that competitive contempt is fed, apparently just for the giggles of it? What does that accomplish?

Why not just say that EVERYONE on here, that I have ever read, and I've read posts from all who posted on this thread, tend to run their mouths quite aptly, quite often and are sometimes off the mark. Everyone has a right to their loyalties and their passionate support. Even a new-be Mom who can't stand the game of basketball and thinks her school district and coaches two-step better than anyone else.

popcorn screen
09-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I like both schools. They play good football and win year in and year out. Their kids have bought into their own systems and that builds strong character that will turn into a student body that understands what it takes to uphold the tradition that was built by others before. People who take shots at these or any other programs that are at this level are 100% jealous that they can not achieve what these schools have.

CelinaProud
09-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Celina on the other hand may draft good talent from kids that are almost good enough to start for Plano, or other area schools. A second stringer from a 5A might be a seasoned starter for 2A. Hope my opinion is'nt too contoversial and I could easily be proven wrong.

"EVERY BATTLE IS WON BEFORE IT IS EVEN FOUGHT."
SUN TZU.

Well, we're in 3A just so you know.......and as a mother of a child who came here from 5A, assuming that as an All Star player (STARTER BOTH WAYS) in 5A, he'd walk right on to Defense AND Offense if he so chose, and found out that MY 5A STAR wasn't good enough for varsity until his Senior year and he plays Offense ONLY and is fighting like a tiger for a starting position week to week, I can tell you plainly and clearly that there is no need to recruit, they home-grow these boys on football, and those who move in learn a whole new way to play the game. No favorites, no recruiting, they just play the best player and they play to win.

WylieBulldog92
09-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Who do you hate more?
I hate people who do this:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :blahblah:

CelinaTurf
09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Can't hate on Brownwood, their success is from district talent. Celina on the other hand may draft good talent from kids that are almost good enough to start for Plano, or other area schools. A second stringer from a 5A might be a seasoned starter for 2A. Hope my opinion is'nt too contoversial and I could easily be proven wrong.

1. Why can't you "hate on Brownwood"??? Surely, you have the capacity... I certainly do - although I don't hate brownwood... I appreciate all truly talented players and love to watch them play. (My neighboring town prosper had a kid -RB, #5- on the JV last year that was just incredible; Liberty Hill's QB and FB of 2007 were some of the best players at HS level I've seen; I saw a Grapevine MS kicker able to kick the ball through the uprights on a kickoff - consistently!) I enjoy hating on more worthy opponents.

2. While it's true that many 5A - 2nd teamers could start for many 2A schools, few 5A - 1st stringers could start for Celina or Brownwood or Liberty hill or Cuero... not even your beloved Plano (who is having a hard time with DeSoto RIGHT NOW!!! - Plano just scored to lead 21-20 in the 3rd) has many players who could crack the top 22 in the above mentioned schools.

Trashman
09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Who do you hate more?

Posters who start these types of threads.:D

garciap77
09-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I like both schools. I like their football programs and their posters; specially BobcatBenny and Rocket!:)

CelinaTurf
09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I remember back in school I was lucky to get any A's much less 3 or 5 of them. I just respect anyone who can consistently get 3As or 5As.

CelinaTurf
09-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
Well, I have been accused, on here...

THUS, again, I was thinking as I read...

I love this game...

I respect our rivals...

Why not just say... [I] can't stand the game of basketball...

WOW! Who can stand basketball??? Is it even a real sport??? JK But football rules in this area (and should). Those who concern themselves with basketball and "love" it probably do so because their football team isn't any good.

Did you take those quips personally? Anyone with an IQ higher than their jersey number knows that those are just desperate words from a person who can't just relax and have fun... probably because his team isn't as good as Celina OR Brownwood.

Remember the wise words: "Intelligence was never wasted on green aliens with long arms and no hair." M. E.

CelinaProud
09-04-2008, 10:11 PM
WOW! Who can stand basketball??? Is it even a real sport??? JK But football rules in this area (and should). Those who concern themselves with basketball and "love" it probably do so because their football team isn't any good.

Did you take those quips personally? Anyone with an IQ higher than their jersey number knows that those are just desperate words from a person who can't just relax and have fun... probably because his team isn't as good as Celina OR Brownwood.

Remember the wise words: "Intelligence was never wasted on green aliens with long arms and no hair." M. E.

You're funny Turf but you scare me. Sure I took it personally. Some of it has been said directly to me and about me, more than once, and all of it has been said about Celina, which new as I am, I claim. I get a little flustered by the redundancy of it and the estrogen kicks in and I have to verbalize my stress or my sweet husband gets the brunt end of all this football talk. Speaking of which, I'm pretty certain you two know eachother, Celinaite that you are:)

BwdLion73
09-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Celina Proud and Celina Turf....I understand and agree with your post...I just wonder about some of the threads that start with who do you hate?
My story is a little different than yours as a three year fan of a team.
I have been involved with Brownwood for over fourty years. Now before all the young'ns start bashing me we all love the game and some of us have more memory's than others. I read post on here and bite my tongue...as you and many others do, however thats part of the fun.
I do laugh sometimes when I see someone who I know is 18 to 25 giving someone the what's for...but thats all good. I just think back to 1970 when I was a freshmen and we had 3 state rings. We played a team that us farmboys had never heard of....I remember that they were called the Gobblers...all I was told and KNEW was that once we got to state the fight was over and we would win with no problem. We won 14 - 0 but from that day on I knew we were not the only team out there that thought we were unstopable...I had thought, how hard could it be to beat someone who called themselves Turkeys! 38 years later I still remember that those were some mean "gobblers"
So I laugh and love the Homers on this site....Hate....Don't think so.

CelinaTurf
09-04-2008, 10:26 PM
You're funny Turf but you scare me. Sure I took it personally. Some of it has been said directly to me and about me, more than once, and all of it has been said about Celina, which new as I am, I claim. I get a little flustered by the redundancy of it and the estrogen kicks in and I have to verbalize my stress or my sweet husband gets the brunt end of all this football talk. Speaking of which, I'm pretty certain you two know eachother, Celinaite that you are:)

I know everyone in Celina... and at the same time, I really don't KNOW anyone. If you really have to vent about football at home when you don't post here, can your husband follow your rantings, or is it just the random scatered thoughs of a lunitic mind dumping loads of emotional superfluous information hoping the words will find somewhere to land and take root?

I'm 85 years old! I once smoked a cigar with George Burns, and I shared a cell with Al Capone for a few days before he was shipped off to the REAL BIG HOUSE, yet I've never known a passion for anything more than texans have for their home town football teams. Brando loved his mamma, but not as much as some of these fans love their teams.

Why does HS football bring out so much passion?

CelinaProud
09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Celina Proud and Celina Turf....I understand and agree with your post...I just wonder about some of the threads that start with who do you hate?
My story is a little different than yours as a three year fan of a team.
I have been involved with Brownwood for over fourty years. Now before all the young'ns start bashing me we all love the game and some of us have more memory's than others. I read post on here and bite my tongue...as you and many others do, however thats part of the fun.
I do laugh sometimes when I see someone who I know is 18 to 25 giving someone the what's for...but thats all good. I just think back to 1970 when I was a freshmen and we had 3 state rings. We played a team that us farmboys had never heard of....I remember that they were called the Gobblers...all I was told and KNEW was that once we got to state the fight was over and we would win with no problem. We won 14 - 0 but from that day on I knew we were not the only team out there that thought we were unstopable...I had thought, how hard could it be to beat someone who called themselves Turkeys! 38 years later I still remember that those were some mean "gobblers"
So I laugh and love the Homers on this site....Hate....Don't think so.

Thanks for your great post! I belong to that Rodney King school of thought-"CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" And of course, you're right....we can't and that's why we all keep reading. If it was all roses and sunshine, I'd stop logging on myself. I do appreciate an "old-timer" cutting me, a "new-be", some slack. I'm gonna go bake brownies now and pray to that GREAT FOOTBALL GOD that we can win against TCA tomorrow night! My son is so funny. He has his great-grandmother's cross necklace (she passed a few years back) and he wears it every Friday because he says she's closer to God and get a good word in for the team! LOVE THAT BOY! :inlove:

CelinaProud
09-04-2008, 10:37 PM
or is it just the random scatered thoughs of a lunitic mind dumping loads of emotional superfluous information hoping the words will find somewhere to land and take root?

Hey good looking, I'm a woman aren't I? I mean, I guess you wouldn't know, but last we all checked, I am, in fact, female, and so OF COURSE it is the random, scattered thoughts of a lunatic looking for somewhere to land! NOW I KNOW YOU KNOW MY HUSBAND!!!

By the way, what's the difference between a pit bull and a Celina Bobcat Mom? LIPSTICK!!!!! Not mine originally, but worth repeating! :)

espn1
09-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey good looking, I'm a woman aren't I? I mean, I guess you wouldn't know, but last we all checked, I am, in fact, female, and so OF COURSE it is the random, scattered thoughts of a lunatic looking for somewhere to land! NOW I KNOW YOU KNOW MY HUSBAND!!!

By the way, what's the difference between a pit bull and a Celina Bobcat Mom? LIPSTICK!!!!! Not mine originally, but worth repeating! :) That's kinda what I thought! I've seen pictures!:D :D :D

CelinaTurf
09-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Tradition is what it's all about to me! Living in a winning community is infectious. It’s fun. People form bonds based on nothing other than loving the same team. It’s hard to love a losing team, but it’s easy to love a Celina… if you live here. It’s also easy for others to hate a Celina… they’re not part of the “in” crowd (the winners) – they’re “outsiders” – they’re “the enemy”.

Most people can’t stand it when others win. They’re just plain jealous and eager to complain! I’m not jealous… When others succeed I say, “Good for you.”

A lot of these posters spend too much energy only criticizing things they don’t really know or understand in the first place. Football is more than just a game… It’s an attitude… it’s what some people live for… it’s a chance to get outside of my everyday problems for a few hours and just enjoy watching others battle. I’m old enough to see the good and bad in most everything… except that green alien picture guy that has no hair… that just doesn’t make since to an old timer like me. Anyway, I love competition. I love being associated with a bench-mark, a goal. It’s fun being from Celina.

So, I’ll be at the game, just like always, chanting, “We are Celina, and WE ARE PROUD…!” Proud to be winning again… like always… in Celina! I’m sure next week will have it’s share of posters griping about Celina this… Brownwood that… Liberty Hill the other thing… I expect it; I enjoy it; I’ll respond if I feel like it.

kepdawg
09-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I sure hope nobody takes me too seriously especially people in Celina! Sure there is an element of truth as well as a degree of sincerity in regards to my feelings underlying all my posts but most people should know I am just stirring the pot. If you pay enough attention you might just figure out that I kind of like Celina. And Brownwood isn't too bad either in my opinion.

BILLYFRED0000
09-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I know everyone in Celina... and at the same time, I really don't KNOW anyone. If you really have to vent about football at home when you don't post here, can your husband follow your rantings, or is it just the random scatered thoughs of a lunitic mind dumping loads of emotional superfluous information hoping the words will find somewhere to land and take root?

I'm 85 years old! I once smoked a cigar with George Burns, and I shared a cell with Al Capone for a few days before he was shipped off to the REAL BIG HOUSE, yet I've never known a passion for anything more than texans have for their home town football teams. Brando loved his mamma, but not as much as some of these fans love their teams.

Why does HS football bring out so much passion?

Well is it positive passion or negative and then you are into personality types. I love my bobcats. don't hate anyone. Not even LH. Just because they are the only team to beat us in 3 years does not make me hate them. I do have a tendency to be strong in my opinions and not always the most diplomatic or tactful. But IMHO, that just makes me normal.

DaHop72
09-05-2008, 08:23 AM

By the way, what's the difference between a pit bull and a Celina Bobcat Mom? LIPSTICK!!!!! Not mine originally, but worth repeating! :)
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/kitten.jpg

Go get'em. :D :D

1st and goal
09-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Fortunately, a bunch of folks have said a bunch of good things on this thread.

Unfortunately, I don't know why threads like this are not deleted immediately and the poster reprimanded.

Cats2008, get a life.

BwdLions
09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Very well said, Mr. prophet. I am in continual amazement of your brillance and how you now KNOW that the longhorns will finish with a higher number than my beloved Sooners... For all I know, my Sooners will have to settle for #1 or #2, unlike your longhorns who will likely have the provilege to make it all the way up to the double digits.

Good luck, prophet!

I've been called a few names in my life but never a prophet. Thanks! ;)

kepdawg
09-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Fortunately, a bunch of folks have said a bunch of good things on this thread.

Unfortunately, I don't know why threads like this are not deleted immediately and the poster reprimanded.

Cats2008, get a life.

If no one replies the thread disappears. Maybe some people should just try that approach!

Snydertigersrul
09-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Who do you hate more?

Brownwood by a landslide. I met some Celina people last year after the playoff game and they have a lot of CLASS.

Rocket
09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Brownwood by a landslide. I met some Celina people last year after the playoff game and they have a lot of CLASS.

Yeah you are a posterboy for class. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

trojan37
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I hate cake!

BwdLions
09-05-2008, 02:28 PM

What would you know about class? You have to have class to recognize it.

Snydertigersrul
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
What would you know about class? You have to have class to recognize it.

I've more class in my pinky than you do in your body.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-05-2008, 06:31 PM

Str has more class than anyone i've ever met! Honestly, some people from Celina had no class whatsoever but just as any town does.

Argyle was the most friendly people I was around last football season. Or that I noticed so much, lots of pretty girls too!

mrescape43
09-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I have the utmost respect for both towns. Brownwood and Celina have terrific sports programs and their fans have something to be proud of. This thread is ignorant.

trojan37
09-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I have the utmost respect for both towns. Brownwood and Celina have terrific sports programs and their fans have something to be proud of. This thread is ignorant.

AMEN TO THAT!

Rocket
09-05-2008, 07:25 PM

Wow, you are a humble one... the most important attribute of somebody that displays class. Quit tooting your own horn about how much class you have. I know you think you are the class police, but you really need to settle down. It's all fun...

CelinaProud
09-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/kitten.jpg

Go get'em. :D :D

One at a time ..... long time, no banter Mr. I AM DEFINITELY MAKING A GETTWOGETHER:) THIS YEAR!