PDA

View Full Version : University of Texas has toughest football schedule in the NCAA!

Phil C
09-04-2008, 09:19 AM
The experts had already said it was a tough schedule but good grief. Whoever got us on this one should have to run laps around DKR/Memorial stadium. Even the experts have understated the toughness of this schedule.

8-30-08 Florida Atlantic - This one was played but was tougher than it seemed. We were fortunate to get some turnovers and made some big plays on defense. Also what helped was that the Florida Atlantic Coach spoke too soon on the game and fired up our players. If not for that it would have been about a 2 td game. Most fortunate indeed we were against this formidable opponent who probably won't repeat these mistakes in 2010 when they play again.

9-5-08 At UTEP. UTEP is mad after getting whipped in Bufalo and will want redemption. They will be as mad as a big West Texas Dust storm. The fact it is in El Paso is risky indeed. The people in El Paso are a proud and independent people. This is the atmosphere our team is going to. When I was in El Paso they took us across the border where I fought the brave bull. I had the easier task. Scary indeed.

9-13-08 Arkansas. Good grief! Don't people remember Arkansas beat us for the National Championship in 1964. Whoever scehduled our young team to play them this year should have to clean out pig stys the week before the game.

9-20-08 Rice. Don't underestimate Rice. They are good. They tied us in 1962 and cost us a National Championship. At one time they won the SWC conference once every four years. Scary indeed. Fortunate though that the game is in Austin. If it were in Houston it would be tempting to swim out as far as you could in the Gulf when Dolly was around.

10-4-08 Colorado. OMG! And Darrell Scott is playing there now and will want to put on a show. The people there are uncivilized and it is hazzard to play there with all those cowards in the stand through hard objects on the field. Let me at that brave bull.

10-11-08 Oklahoma Not much needs to be said on this game. It will come sooner or later.

10-18-08 Missouri. Good grief. Don't they know the James brothers came from Missouri.

10-25-08 Oklahoma State. The team that gave us scares in the past. Plus they are men.

11-1-08 at Texas Tech. This will be a tough one. They throw that ball and their defense is tough. And the game is in Lubbock. Very scary and risky indeed.

11-08-09 Baylor. Baylor is tired of losing to us and will indeed be formidable this year. In a sense this year about Baylor one could say "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!"

11-15-08 At Kansas. Kansas is also mad at us. Good grief. It would be more safer trying to ride tornados.

11-27-08. Just look at the past three years. They have beat us twice in a row and the one year we won we had a tough time and pulled it off mainly thanks to a blocked punt. Don't be fooled. They lost to a good Arkansas State team that people don't seem to give credit for being good. Scary indeed as a Sherman tank is coming to Austin.

Man just looking at this one makes me want to get on my canoe and head for Hurricane Ike. :(

Macarthur
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I would not be shocked by 5 losses by UT.

warpig
09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Yea, UTEP and RICE are real powerhouses.

Gobbler Fan
09-04-2008, 11:21 AM
10-25-08 Oklahoma State. The team that gave us scares in the past. Plus they are men

:clap:

NastySlot
09-04-2008, 01:34 PM
"Experts"...............?????????????

trojan37
09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Arkansas? Hahaha, that's funny. They barely beat Bubba Gump University the other day, 28-24. They beat Texas for the National Title in 1964. And this is what year?

JR2004
09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Phil you've outdone yourself with this one! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
10-25-08 Oklahoma State. The team that gave us scares in the past. Plus they are men

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Atleast Gundy is man, not sure about the players....:devil:

JR2004
09-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Arkansas? Hahaha, that's funny. They barely beat Bubba Gump University the other day, 28-24. They beat Texas for the National Title in 1964. And this is what year?

You would be well served to check out Phil's posting history. These threads will make more sense after doing so.

Texasfootball2
09-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I say they will lose two Big 12 South games, Tech & OU. And one team from the Big 12 North, Missouri. 8-3 for the Horns this year. Bowl prediction: Gator Bowl vs. Wake Forest:D Possibly Cotton Bowl vs. Auburn

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I say they will lose two Big 12 South games, Tech & OU. And one team from the Big 12 North, Missouri. 8-3 for the Horns this year. Bowl prediction: Gator Bowl vs. Wake Forest:D Possibly Cotton Bowl vs. Auburn If they only lost 3 games..... then it would be 9-3 then the bowl game and a chance to preserve that 10 win season streak.

Texasfootball2
09-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
If they only lost 3 games..... then it would be 9-3 then the bowl game and a chance to preserve that 10 win season streak.
I would say that they have a realistic chance of keeping the steak.

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I would say that they have a realistic chance of keeping the steak. I was just pointing out hat you had 8-3 and it would either be 8-4 or 9-3 because they play 12 games, then the bowl game of course...

I say they lose to Mizzou, OU, and KU. Win their bowl game. = 10 wins.

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm still not sold on Tech.......

10 win seasons isn't enough anymore when you play 12-13 games a season. You need 11 win seasons!

The Key factor for the Longhorns this year is DC Will Muschamp!

Texasfootball2
09-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I'm still not sold on Tech.......

10 win seasons isn't enough anymore when you play 12-13 games a season. You need 11 win seasons!

The Key factor for the Longhorns this year is DC Will Muschamp!

Ten wins in the Big 12 is a good year any way you slice it.

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Ten wins in the Big 12 is a good year any way you slice it. I would have to agree, especially THIS year.... since the quality of the opponents has been upped a notch.

coach
09-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The experts had already said it was a tough schedule but good grief. Whoever got us on this one should have to run laps around DKR/Memorial stadium. Even the experts have understated the toughness of this schedule.

8-30-08 Florida Atlantic - This one was played but was tougher than it seemed. We were fortunate to get some turnovers and made some big plays on defense. Also what helped was that the Florida Atlantic Coach spoke too soon on the game and fired up our players. If not for that it would have been about a 2 td game. Most fortunate indeed we were against this formidable opponent who probably won't repeat these mistakes in 2010 when they play again.

9-5-08 At UTEP. UTEP is mad after getting whipped in Bufalo and will want redemption. They will be as mad as a big West Texas Dust storm. The fact it is in El Paso is risky indeed. The people in El Paso are a proud and independent people. This is the atmosphere our team is going to. When I was in El Paso they took us across the border where I fought the brave bull. I had the easier task. Scary indeed.

9-13-08 Arkansas. Good grief! Don't people remember Arkansas beat us for the National Championship in 1964. Whoever scehduled our young team to play them this year should have to clean out pig stys the week before the game.

9-20-08 Rice. Don't underestimate Rice. They are good. They tied us in 1962 and cost us a National Championship. At one time they won the SWC conference once every four years. Scary indeed. Fortunate though that the game is in Austin. If it were in Houston it would be tempting to swim out as far as you could in the Gulf when Dolly was around.

10-4-08 Colorado. OMG! And Darrell Scott is playing there now and will want to put on a show. The people there are uncivilized and it is hazzard to play there with all those cowards in the stand through hard objects on the field. Let me at that brave bull.

10-11-08 Oklahoma Not much needs to be said on this game. It will come sooner or later.

10-18-08 Missouri. Good grief. Don't they know the James brothers came from Missouri.

10-25-08 Oklahoma State. The team that gave us scares in the past. Plus they are men.

11-1-08 at Texas Tech. This will be a tough one. They throw that ball and their defense is tough. And the game is in Lubbock. Very scary and risky indeed.

11-08-09 Baylor. Baylor is tired of losing to us and will indeed be formidable this year. In a sense this year about Baylor one could say "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!"

11-15-08 At Kansas. Kansas is also mad at us. Good grief. It would be more safer trying to ride tornados.

11-27-08. Just look at the past three years. They have beat us twice in a row and the one year we won we had a tough time and pulled it off mainly thanks to a blocked punt. Don't be fooled. They lost to a good Arkansas State team that people don't seem to give credit for being good. Scary indeed as a Sherman tank is coming to Austin.

Man just looking at this one makes me want to get on my canoe and head for Hurricane Ike. :(

yeah and PHIL C is my favorite poster on the down low

bobcat6712
09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Im a die hard horns fan but they got a tough schedule and with tha defense from previous years...its looking scary!! I just hope they dont look so bad this year on defense! they still win 10 games but it will be tough! HOOK'EM HORNS!!!!!!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by coach
yeah and PHIL C is my favorite poster on the down low

garciap77
09-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

bulldog64
09-05-2008, 08:01 AM
According to the NCAA , the toughest schedule is in this order:
1.Georgia (the play Florida, Tennessee, LSU,Arizona St., Auburn,South Carolina, and Georgia Tech.)
2. Nebraska
3.Kansas
4.Oklahoma State
5.Colorado
6. Texas (sorry Phil)
7.South Carolina
8.Illinois
9.The Ohio State University
10.Wisconsin
11.Auburn
12.Arkansas
13.K-State
14.UCLA
15.Tennesee.

garciap77
09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by bulldog64
According to the NCAA , the toughest schedule is in this order:
1.Georgia (the play Florida, Tennessee, LSU,Arizona St., Auburn,South Carolina, and Georgia Tech.)
2. Nebraska
3.Kansas
4.Oklahoma State
5.Colorado
6. Texas (sorry Phil)
7.South Carolina
8.Illinois
9.The Ohio State University
10.Wisconsin
11.Auburn
12.Arkansas
13.K-State
14.UCLA
15.Tennesee.

Who cares what the NCAA says! You go Phil!:2thumbsup

Phil C
09-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Who cares what the NCAA says! You go Phil!:2thumbsup

;)

bulldog64
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Okay then, You go Phil. I agree with pundits out there, Georgia has the toughest schedule. As for Texas, Oklahoma will be tough, but A&M should be a cakewalk. I wonder if Sherman will be around for that game. After losing to Ark. St. it looks like 0-12 is a real possibility.

BwdLions
09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
Okay then, You go Phil. I agree with pundits out there, Georgia has the toughest schedule. As for Texas, Oklahoma will be tough, but A&M should be a cakewalk. I wonder if Sherman will be around for that game. After losing to Ark. St. it looks like 0-12 is a real possibility.

They might beat Baylor, but I wouldn't count on it.

bulldog64
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
I actually think Baylor can beat them right now.