PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story out of Lions Camp

eagles_victory
09-03-2008, 03:51 PM
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions running back Rudi Johnson says his luggage was taken from the team's practice facility by Tatum Bell.

Johnson was waived by Cincinnati, met with Lions president Matt Millen on Monday and signed a free-agent contact. During the meeting, his two duffel bags were taken from the team's headquarters.

Johnson said Wednesday he was shown surveillance footage Tuesday afternoon that captured the theft and told the Detroit Free Press that Bell looked "suspect" on the video.

The empty bags were returned Tuesday evening, but Johnson said he is still missing $200, his ID, credit cards and clothes.

Bell, however, claimed the situation was a misunderstanding. Bell told the Free Press that defensive end Victor DeGrate, whom the Lions released Saturday, had asked Bell to pick up his bags for him. Bell picked up the bags, not realizing they weren't DeGrate's.

"I wasn't thinking or nothing," Bell told the newspaper. "I just grabbed the backpack and grabbed the other bag. They weren't in nobody's locker or nothing like that. They were just sitting there by the computer area right there. I grabbed them and put them in the car.

"They said they got me on film taking the bags. I said, 'If you look on film, I wasn't in no hurry or nothing.' I was just going about my day," he said.

Bell said he delivered the bags to a female friend of DeGrate's without opening them. Bell told the Free Press that he did not have anything of Johnson's and wanted to clear his name.

"I ain't no thief," Bell told the Free Press. "I ain't never been one, and I ain't never going to be one."

Johnson said he had spoken with Bell and did not plan to involve the police. Johnson told the Free Press that he doesn't believe Bell's version of events.

"I tried to talk to Rudi yesterday, but he was pretty upset, so I let it go," Bell told the newspaper. "I come to find out the bags weren't whose I thought they was. It was just an honest mistake."

Johnson replaced Bell on Detroit's 53-man roster.

Sweetwater Red
09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Take my job...I steal your clothes and wallet.:mad:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

44INAROW
09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I hope he can play football because he obviously won't be going into public speaking:doh:

Sweetwater Red
09-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hope he can play football because he obviously won't be going into public speaking:doh:

"I come to find out the bags weren't whose I thought they was. It was just an honest mistake."

:thinking:

buff4ever
09-03-2008, 05:14 PM
pretty funny

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
7th letter of the alphabet...he's a G