PDA

View Full Version : Giddins Vs. La Vernia

buff4ever
09-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Someone come with some scoop on La Vernia. I have heard that they are real big, not real fast.

nunya
09-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Someone come with some scoop on La Vernia. I have heard that they are real big, not real fast.

Shouldn't be a problem. Giddings is, after all, talented enough to beat the New York Giants.

IHStangFan
09-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by nunya
Shouldn't be a problem. Giddings is, after all, talented enough to beat the New York Giants. nah dude, that was last year.

wimbo_pro
09-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Giddings rolls in this one.

nunya
09-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
nah dude, that was last year.

Don't tell Giddings that. Hell hath no fury......

IHStangFan
09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Don't tell Giddings that. Hell hath no fury...... LOL...I'm just toying around. Giddings will be alright this year it would appear. Seems they were able to adjust to losing their few star players very well.

buff4ever
09-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh NUNYA, have you nothing better to do than follow posters around on giddings threads and be an annoying pain in the behind.

You don't see me going to any caldwell threads and reminding everyone of how bad you are this year do you?

I didn't open this thread for you to come in here and be like this. It is for people to write about this game and fill us in on La Vernia who I know little about. You won't last long on this board if your whole reason for being here is to cut down giddings who has almost never lost to caldwell in 30 years. That must be hard to swallow. Maybe Coach Williams will get on here and clear up for me that you have won maybe 4 times in those 30 years. You seem to look for him to get on here and back you up, even though I don't know he even reads this board. He prolly shouldn't, he should have better things to do.

nunya
09-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Oh NUNYA, have you nothing better to do than follow posters around on giddings threads and be an annoying pain in the behind.

You don't see me going to any caldwell threads and reminding everyone of how bad you are this year do you?

I didn't open this thread for you to come in here and be like this. It is for people to write about this game and fill us in on La Vernia who I know little about. You won't last long on this board if your whole reason for being here is to cut down giddings who has almost never lost to caldwell in 30 years. That must be hard to swallow. Maybe Coach Williams will get on here and clear up for me that you have won maybe 4 times in those 30 years. You seem to look for him to get on here and back you up, even though I don't know he even reads this board. He prolly shouldn't, he should have better things to do.

Your post is full of lies, amigo. Giddings has fared well in recent years but to say in 30 years is smug to say the least. The series is about even last I heard. Look it up yourself. Any YES YOU HAVE insulted Caldwell on a few posts so don't even go there.

All I know is that I hope you're younger than maybe 22 years old. Otherwise, YOU need find better things to do as often as you've posted in recent years from the looks of archives.

Old Green
09-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Someone come with some scoop on La Vernia. I have heard that they are real big, not real fast. They are always big with about average team speed. Their top rb and wr are returning. They will play you tuff ! Jump on early and they will loose their composure.

Cuero plays them in about 3 weeks.

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
All I know is that I hope you're younger than maybe 22 years old. Otherwise, YOU need find better things to do as often as you've posted in recent years from the looks of archives.
I won't say this is always the case, but in buff4ever's case it is. He has been here 2 years, has reached the number of posts he has under one name, never received a warning, and all the while providing insight (somtimes homerish, sometimes not) into his team. Not all posters on this board (and others) can say the same thing. :)

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Giddings should be on upset alert
:1popcorn: :stirpot: :taunt:

nunya
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I can tell you that LaVernia is typically underrated. Not sure about this year but they usually win at least 7 games on average.

nunya
09-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I used to donate but I got ROM'ed so I was like whatever see if I ever donate again.

Well, you're brave. I'll give you that.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 02:29 PM
brave has nothing to do with it.....i run these moderators.....i say jump and they jump i say be quiet and they tell me to shut up

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
:vrycnfsd: :lies: Maybe LHPM knocked some sense out of me with one of these
http://noondayranch.com/library/COWBELL-1.JPG

buff4life
09-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. Giddings is, after all, talented enough to beat the New York Giants.

coming from a guy who claimed smithville could beat the Patriots :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
09-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Here is a link to the game summary from the Bandera newspaper. Bandera Bulletin (http://www.banderabulletin.com/articles/2008/09/02/sports/656.txt)

nunya
09-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
coming from a guy who claimed smithville could beat the Patriots :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dumb.

Just proving my point by attacking Smithville's improvement to make Giddings look better.

buff4life
09-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Dumb.

Just proving my point by attacking Smithville's improvement to make Giddings look better.

that post was in no way promoting Giddings at all...just invalidating all of your argument in this thread so far :D

Darren
09-03-2008, 03:16 PM
I didn't get to watch the LH / Giddings game but I was impressed with Giddings ability to stay within striking distance of LH considering losing Dock, Locke, Brock and others.

Looks like Giddings is in for another good season. Buff4ever did you get to go to the game? How was the parking situation?

buffalo2006
09-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Alright people teams reload or rebuild...the kids are only in high school for four years, so unless we are talking about Texas,Tulsa, or SHSU golf, we dont need to say anything about Brock,Dock, or Locke. The 2008 Giddings Buffaloes are Urban, Daniels, and Taylor's team now. If you want to talk about one of the other guys dont compare the impact they had on Giddings, to the new football team, I just don't think its right. I agree they were very good athletes but lets move on.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Isn't Giddings who Alan Dock and Brock Fitzhenry used to play for?

buff4ever
09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Buff06, take it easy there. I don't think that anyone is taking anything away from this 08 buff team, they are just saying that there was some reloading to do at the leadership positions. Not that some of the kids you just named can't, just that they have not had to untill now. They will, kids step up at giddings and other towns when this happens all the time.

People will still speak of the ocks you just named for a little while like LG did gunn and LH will lattimore and caldwell is already missing cantu and hutto's jeremy herely??? and coming soon to navasota pratt and so on and so on.

Don't worry, after a game or two, people in this town will know who the new ocks are and they will feel plenty of attention and leadership burden on their shoulders. Let them enjoy the few days they have withouth the added stress or pressure to be that kid. Then they can enjoy that as well.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Buff06, take it easy there. I don't think that anyone is taking anything away from this 08 buff team, they are just saying that there was some reloading to do at the leadership positions. Not that some of the kids you just named can't, just that they have had to untill now. They will, kids step up at giddings and other towns when this happens all the time.

People will still speak of the ocks you just named for a little while like LG did gunn and LH will lattimore and caldwell is already missing cantu and hutto's jeremy herely??? and coming soon to navasota pratt and so on and so on.

Don't worry, after a game or two, people in this town will know who the new ocks are and they will feel plenty of attention and leadership burden on their shoulders. Let them enjoy the few days they have withouth the added stress or pressure to be that kid. Then they can enjoy that as well. Lattimore is a senior this year at LH 4ever

buff4ever
09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
are you asking or telling me?

Notice I said they will:)

I don't think he is a junior atleast hope to hell not. That boy is a player.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
are you asking or telling me?

Notice I said they will:)

I don't think he is a junior atleast hope to hell not. That boy is a player. he may be a junior....started since he was a freshmen

buff4life
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
Alright people teams reload or rebuild...the kids are only in high school for four years, so unless we are talking about Texas,Tulsa, or SHSU golf, we dont need to say anything about Brock,Dock, or Locke. The 2008 Giddings Buffaloes are Urban, Daniels, and Taylor's team now. If you want to talk about one of the other guys dont compare the impact they had on Giddings, to the new football team, I just don't think its right. I agree they were very good athletes but lets move on.

I would say that Berry dominates that line not Urban from watching them so far if you really want to give credit

Darren
09-03-2008, 06:09 PM

Maybe you should take heed to your suggestion and stop living in the past with your footer.

EX..

Giddings Buffaloes
State Quarter-Finalist 2005
University of Mary-Hardin Baylor Crusaders
ASC Conference Champions-2006
National Quarter-Finalist-2006

bandera7
09-03-2008, 07:03 PM
La Vernia does not return their top WR...Fuller left.

However, they have a very solid RB, and they take advantage of mistakes well. You can never write them out. They always play hard.

buff4ever
09-03-2008, 08:38 PM
thank you pirates4state and bandera, that is that much more than I knew about them before your post.

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
The 2008 Giddings Buffaloes are Urban, Daniels, and Taylor's team now.
What grade is Marcellus Mack (is that his name) in? He was VERY impressive the other night!

garciap77
09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
La Vernia by 21!

solocam
09-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Giddings rolls,buffs by 14

Buffgal
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
What grade is Marcellus Mack (is that his name) in? He was VERY impressive the other night!

He is a junior. Very smart (great grades, Sophomore server last year--you have to be in the top of your class to be selected for this honor ), outstanding basketball player and track speedster.

Noticed radio/TV announcers had alot of trouble with his name
it is Mar SELL us.

buff4life
09-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I think he is a junior, him and xavier daniels and frankie mathis were very impressive...

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I think he is a junior, him and xavier daniels and frankie mathis were very impressive...
Lots of kids were & I didn't mean to not mention them. He just stood out (to me) because if he got 10-15 past the LoS, he was GONE. Very, very fast kid!

:doh: I know it doesn't make sense but you'd have to understand "how" I watch football.

buff4life
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
i know...i was naming two others that stood out in my mind...and giddings has a lot of them if we could just get them the ball in space

buffalo2006
09-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Darren those are some of the accomplishments in my life, those were the teams I was on, but you dont see me thowing around my name or any of the players names on my teams unless asked about. Those guys have left, move on...I'm friends with all three of them and have played with all three of them, the Giddings football team will win games without them...I didn't see a Brock or Dock on the '01 or '98 teams and they went just as far. So people need realize that we have a good young team or admit that Giddings is rebuilding.

gtownfan
09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
What's the scoop on the La Vernia stadium? Texas Bob says it hold 1,500 (pretty small for a 3A school). Is that true?

Darren
09-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Whatever you want to believe......