PDA

View Full Version : Snyder/Lubbock Cooper game postponed

tigerfan69
09-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Snyder and Lubbock Cooper game was postponed friday night due to a student that goes to Lubbock Cooper was killed in a automoble accident yesterday.Please keep all of the Cooper Pirates and their families in your prayers.

Sweetwater Red
09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan69
Snyder and Lubbock Cooper game was postponed friday night due to a student that goes to Lubbock Cooper was killed in a automoble accident yesterday.Please keep all of the Cooper Pirates and their families in your prayers.

The same thing happened four years ago when Sweetwater
opened the season at Lubbock Cooper. Two Cooper students were
killed in an automobile accicident a week or two before the
season was to start. They didn't postponed the game but I
remember the PA guy announcing their names and both crowds
having a moment of silence before kickoff.:(

Ranger Mom
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
That is so sad!!:(

A couple of years ago 5 Greenwood boys were involved in an accident...one died and one remained in a coma for several weeks.

We didn't postpone our game with Ballinger, but they (Ballinger) had a moment of silence for us and gave us a special gift in his memory.

Ranger Mom
09-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Just received word that this game will be played 10/3/08, which was an open week for both teams!!

cr180t
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Our prayers go out to the family and community. The girls were twins and one was killed. one was a senior basketball player for the Lady Pirates and the daughter of deputy superintendent died at the scene and her twin sister, was injured when their 2004 Pontiac collided with a tractor trailer carrying gravel on Indiana Avenue north of Woodrow Road shortly before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Their mother is a teacher in the school system as well.

justlikesports
09-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Prayers sent from Monahans for this family and the community.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-03-2008, 03:51 PM
It's never good to hear these things.

So this week will turn into Cooper and Snyder's open week.

fourbeee
09-03-2008, 05:53 PM
This trajedy puts everyones priorities into their proper places. Prayers go out to their families and friends. God bless them. Nothng could be worse than to lose a child.

Reds fan
09-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Prayers from Austin County as well, we know too well what these communities go through under these cirumstances.

lakers
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Me being a twin, I can not imagine what the sister and the family is going through right now. The lord works in mysterious ways and life is so fragile. My prayers are with the family and the community. I hope they heal with time...:(