PDA

View Full Version : Straight from the Giddings newspaper

1st and goal
09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
The article states that we have one of the toughest schedules in the state. They list the teams that we play in order and then the coach is quoted.
"We've had a hard time finding teams to play us, and we'll be forced to take some longer trips against tougher opponents." He added that Cameron, Rockdale, Caldwell and Navasota all turned down invitations to play Giddings this year.:eek:

So, here's poking fun back at you Navscanmaster...:D (we could have been 1-9):p

Not sure why they wouldn't play us. Maybe some others can explain with more inside info.

Old Tiger
09-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Rockdale/Cameron had schedule conflicts because both schools thought Cameron was going to be 2a and was going to schedule that game in pre-district.

Dogman_1969
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Rockdale had Cameron in 2A and held that week for them and then the Yoe went 3A. After that surprise Giddings was added for the first available and that was the first scrimmage.

Sometimes coaches say things that they regret saying. At the end of the year lets see if he still thinks that Rockdale is not one of the "Tougher" teams........

Johnny Utah
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Has always puzzled me why coaches say stuff like that.

Eagle1
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
This does not have much to do with Giddings' schedule but I was looking at the Texas Football magazine and either Giddings has the most unbelievable athletes in 3A or their coach is stretching on the heights, weights and speeds. Should we call his bluff on a few of these kids or are the legit?

nunya
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Caldwell was sick of playing the same teams. Also, coaches didn't know who would be in the same district and by the time most coaches found out who was in what district, schedules were already made.

I think hear Carly Simon in the background. "He walked into the party... like he was walking onto his yacht......"

nunya
09-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
This does not have much to do with Giddings' schedule but I was looking at the Texas Football magazine and either Giddings has the most unbelievable athletes in 3A or their coach is stretching on the heights, weights and speeds. Should we call his bluff on a few of these kids or are the legit?

Trust me, it was exaggerated.
Yea boy, I'll tell ya.... everyone's INSANELY jealous of Giddings. LOL

Dogman_1969
09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by nunya
Trust me, it was exaggerated.
Yea boy, I'll tell ya.... everyone's INSANELY jealous of Giddings. LOL

Giddings Senior\Junior classes have never beat Rockdale's Senior\junior classes so we aren't a bit jealous.....

After reading the Giddings paper hope we meet in the playoff's........

buff4ever
09-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Giddings Senior\Junior classes have never beat Rockdale's Senior\junior classes so we aren't a bit jealous.....

After reading the Giddings paper hope we meet in the playoff's........

You don't want that after what I saw from your scrimmage with us.

buff4ever
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
is it true that these teams didn't want to schedule us, yes. what are the reasons, probably different ones for different schools. Caldwell, straight up scared. Cameron and Rockdale, possibly a schedule issue for the most part. Navasota, I have no idea and won't speak for their coach.

Should our coach have even mentioned this, prolly not. Why did he do it, prolly b/c he was having to answer to many for the long road trips with gas prices where they are. So take this into consideration when you judge him for this statement to the LOCAL paper.

nunya
09-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
is it true that these teams didn't want to schedule us, yes. what are the reasons, probably different ones for different schools. Caldwell, straight up scared. Cameron and Rockdale, possibly a schedule issue for the most part. Navasota, I have no idea and won't speak for their coach.

Should our coach have even mentioned this, prolly not. Why did he do it, prolly b/c he was having to answer to many for the long road trips with gas prices where they are. So take this into consideration when you judge him for this statement to the LOCAL paper.

I'll have coach Williams respond to your smart-a$$ remark. Teams we might be intimidated by would be the Cueros or East Texas caliber schools of the football world, but certainly not Giddings. You beat a team by 14 the year before and you use the word "scared"? That's plain stupid and you know it.

You're so full of your entire program to even make a cocky remark like that. You can still travel 80 miles outside Lee County, and few have even heard of Giddings. I've even mentioned it to dozens of folks when describing travel on 290 and they have this clueless look on their faces. Basically, its Manor, Elgin, McDade, Ledbetter, Carmine, Burton and Brenham.

buff4ever
09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I'll have coach Williams respond to your smart-a$$ remark. Teams we might be intimidated by would be the Cueros or East Texas caliber schools of the football world, but certainly not Giddings. You beat a team by 14 the year before and you use the word "scared"? That's plain stupid and you know it.

You're so full of your entire program to even make a cocky remark like that. You can still travel 80 miles outside Lee County, and few have even heard of Giddings. I've even mentioned it to dozens of folks when describing travel on 290 and they have this clueless look on their faces. Basically, its Manor, Elgin, McDade, Ledbetter, Carmine, Burton and Brenham.

You guys declined way more than we did, and your coach knew that when he made the schedule. It hasn't been proven yet that giddings has dropped much at all. Bellville just proved yours last week.

To the rest of your post, you sound like a fool, and I will prolly forget this thread exists, so don't waste your time anymore.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
smart-a$$

This is Ok?

Necks_Fan
09-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Dude, Nunya. Lighten up a little man. You are starting to sound like IDC and that's never good.

Always hating on the Giddings folk. What's up with that man?

And I'm pretty sure almost everyone has heard of Giddings at one time or another.

navscanmaster
09-03-2008, 12:06 AM

To the rest of your post, you sound like a fool, and I will prolly forget this thread exists, so don't waste your time anymore.

:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

c-town_balla
09-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Ya know I've asked our coach about your claims of Fritz wanting to schdule Cameron and calling Cameron to play and we said no. He said he hasen't even talked to Fritzhenry about schduling since y'all were in our district

nunya
09-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Ya know I've asked our coach about your claims of Fritz wanting to schdule Cameron and calling Cameron to play and we said no. He said he hasen't even talked to Fritzhenry about schduling since y'all were in our district

Are you really that surprised? According to Giddings, all coaches are telepathic and know the realignment and the fact that Giddings won't be in their district anyway light years ahead of time so they should schedule Giddings before anyone else can in non-district.

Buffgal
09-03-2008, 08:18 AM
I would like everyone to go back and read the very first post.

It says GIDDINGS LOCAL PAPER.

Pick one up on Wednesday, yes it only comes out once a week. It is certainly not Newsweek. Read the local sportswriters column, it routinely spends more time talking about how many beers he drank while competing in the local washer tournaments, I'm not kidding or exaggerating.

I wouldn't take any quotes in "our" paper too seriously.

For example...This summer, My kid had a very nice article in the Giddings Times and News written about him playing baseball, nice telling about how he was spending his summer but everyone now knows the "Marlow brothers"....

For that matter, I have listened in on Giddings players/coach being interviewed by bigger newspapers in the past, and I promise the quotes printed in the paper the next day were not even close to what was said.

If you are from Giddings, you know to take it with a grain of salt.

Dogman_1969
09-03-2008, 08:33 AM
You don't want that after what I saw from your scrimmage with us.

You must have been at another scrimmage than the one I have on tape. One busted play and the last play of the scrimmage for scores one against mostly backups.

The only series the Tigers put some offensive pressure they scored in about 6 plays covering 70 yds. I'd think that we would like this matchup just like these classes have in all the other yrs........