PDA

View Full Version : Argyle says Celina

orange machine
09-02-2008, 06:47 PM
is there biggest rival on the Argyle web site. I didnt know we have a rivalry going with them. Dont you have to at least win a game first before it can become a rivalry? 82% of Argyle fans said it.

R4Editor
09-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I'd say if that's how they feel....

Take the Houston Texans....most consider their biggest rival Indy....Indy usually wins that game

Texas A&M considers UT their biggest rival..although several UT fans will tell you OU is their biggest rival.....

etc. etc. etc.

IHStangFan
09-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
I'd say if that's how they feel....

Take the Houston Texans....most consider their biggest rival Indy....Indy usually wins that game

Texas A&M considers UT their biggest rival..although several UT fans will tell you OU is their biggest rival.....

etc. etc. etc. agreed

orange machine
09-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I dont really think Celina has a rival opponent anymore since Pilot Point decided not to play us anymore.

cshscougar08
09-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I think a lot of schools would claim Celina as a rival just because they don't like them. CS doesn't, but I'm sure that's the case with, say Argyle here.

orange machine
09-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Well i guess then we have a lot if rivals then.

BILLYFRED0000
09-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Argyle is a good rival. We have played them every year either in games or scrimmages for 6 years. We have never lost or even had a close game. In 05 we beat the 50 - 3 and they were the state runner up in d1. They are going to be good this year as well. Decent qb and an allstate receiver.

MN95
09-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I think a lot of schools would claim Celina as a rival just because they don't like them. CS doesn't, but I'm sure that's the case with, say Argyle here.

Curious about this quote. When you say CS doesn't like Celina, are you speaking of CS fans because of message boards like this, or CS players/coaches because of something that happened in last year's game?

Txbroadcaster
09-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by MN95
Curious about this quote. When you say CS doesn't like Celina, are you speaking of CS fans because of message boards like this, or CS players/coaches because of something that happened in last year's game?

I thought they meant it in the way..some teams claim Celina as their rival because they dont like them, but CS does not think that way

I could be wrong but that was how I read it

cshscougar08
09-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah that's how I meant that. I mentioned that because coming from a CS person, it could be assumed that I meant we considered Celina a rival, which we don't.

marler1972
09-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I would say that Prosper would be our rival now

gatordaze
09-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by marler1972

Could be an emerging rivalry! The Prosper Freshman beat the Celina Freshman soundly last week in a scrimmage. This was simply a wake up call and you can bet it will make the Varsity game later in the season a redemption game for their brothers.

The Junior High (7-8) last year beat Prosper in every sport both boys and girls and most for district championships. The only reason this years Freshman struggled is that 6 of the best Freshman players are playing JV.

The Freshman have circled the date!

Historically, Prosper has not beaten Celina in 25 years and have been outscored 719-60 in that time period. Proximity is the only thing that makes this a rivalry and the fact that these kids know each other socially. Athletically it does not warrant rivalry status.

MN95
09-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Yeah that's how I meant that. I mentioned that because coming from a CS person, it could be assumed that I meant we considered Celina a rival, which we don't.

Thanks for the reply. My bad, I misunderstood.

I understand how message board readers come to dislike Celina based on certain posts, but I am now in my 5th season in Celina and I have NEVER seen the boys/coaching staff be anything but classy in games.

MN95
09-03-2008, 09:53 AM

I agree. I expect a tough game every time we play them. They want to beat us very badly. If I recall, they beat our JV last year in a very close game. Our Jr. High was playing at Prosper at the same time the JV was playing in Celina. They announced the JV score at the Jr. High game in Prosper, and the place went nuts.

warpig
09-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze

Historically, Prosper has not beaten Celina in 25 years and have been outscored 719-60 in that time period. Proximity is the only thing that makes this a rivalry and the fact that these kids know each other socially. Athletically it does not warrant rivalry status.
Who in the world keeps freshmen scores for the past 25 years? Who keeps them for more than 2 years?

I have the answer but I will keep it to myself.

CHS_89
09-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by warpig
Who in the world keeps freshmen scores for the past 25 years? Who keeps them for more than 2 years?

I think he's talking about varsity.

gatordaze
09-03-2008, 10:04 AM

No one, those are Varsity scores... I was refering to the overall rivalry. Why not ask your question without the snide comment?

BobcatBenny
09-03-2008, 10:17 AM
I would not look past the Argyle game this year. In my estimation, they could finally ding one on us, if there ever were a year.

Prosper is a proximity rivalry. Many of the kids know each other, go to church together, etc. which makes it fun. But, no matter how talked up they are, I will not take Prosper as a serious challenge until they actually win one. A few years back, they stayed in the game, but somehow they cannot out coach the Ford assembly line.

warpig
09-03-2008, 10:26 AM
OK.
Here's a question. Why do you get offended when you implied the 25 year scores of the freshmen and it baffled me?

BILLYFRED0000
09-03-2008, 10:30 AM

They would like to say that. Probably for a little while but they will be 4a before we know it. Probably alignment after next.

BILLYFRED0000
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
OK.
Here's a question. Why do you get offended when you implied the 25 year scores of the freshmen and it baffled me?

The baffling was not the issue. The condecension and patronizing was. ( I have the answer and will keep it to myself).

NateDawg39
09-03-2008, 10:36 AM
OK.
Here's a question. Why do you get offended when you implied the 25 year scores of the freshmen and it baffled me? why is it, that all the new guys and gals start out like this :rolleyes:

gatordaze
09-03-2008, 10:50 AM
OK.

You lack of understanding is understandable. My intent was to a say that Prosper was:

a) not really a rival

b) did beat the Freshman in a scrimmage

c) correlate that win to the beatings that the Prosper team took last year in Juinior High and the fact that last years 8th grade team is not really reflective of this years Freshman team.

d) provide historical data back to the point of the original comment that Prosper was a rival.

In retrospect I can understand how you thought that I was talking about the Freshman record. I cannot uinderstand the need for the condescending comment as I rarely post and think that statistics have more value than opinion.

The statistics are that Prosper has not beaten Celina in 25 years and really can't even score!

warpig
09-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
why is it, that all the new guys and gals start out like this :rolleyes:
If I am reading this correctly, I don't think I am rah rahing. Just calling a spade a spade.

As read in rules section:
3). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats.
This is NOT a smack site. We are not here to air personal vendettas. Bashing of students/athletes (grades 12 & under) will NOT be tolerated. Avoid using people's real names in your posts, name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you or about your child. Personal attacks or threats, if reported, in PM's, open chat, or chat IM's may warrant warning, suspension or banning, subject to Administrator discretion. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. Use intelligence & wit. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

NateDawg39
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Man this is like 3rd grade all over again... and thank you, I dont read the rules so im glad it was directed to the forums :devil:

ronwx5x
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
why is it, that all the new guys and gals start out like this :rolleyes:

I don't consider Rocket and most of the Brownwood guys new anymore, but they are still like this!:D

warpig
09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Just trying to add a little wit and sarcasm to all the bragging and retentiveness.

NateDawg39
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Just trying to add a little wit and sarcasm to all the bragging and retentiveness. Silly talk!! Though bragging is my secondary major :p

NateDawg39
09-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I don't consider Rocket and most of the Brownwood guys new anymore, but they are still like this!:D I havent had a chance to speak with them yet... im just waiting for them to loose a game then im going to make many posts about things like,,, overrated, cant get it done, not taking it a game at a time; you know, all the fun stuff :)

BILLYFRED0000
09-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Just trying to add a little wit and sarcasm to all the bragging and retentiveness.

It ain't braggin if you can do it.

:D

NateDawg39
09-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

:D Please! What has Celina done lately that considered bragging? Oh look at me, I won another state title! Ha! Thats expected every year. How about winning a national title, or beating the crap out of somebody like the Dallas Cowboys... maybe, just maybe you can then brag :D

warpig
09-03-2008, 11:27 AM

:D
Last time I checked, the fans didn't suit up. Unless you are a student/athlete playing on the message boards.:nerd:

MN95
09-03-2008, 11:45 AM
If I am reading this correctly, I don't think I am rah rahing. Just calling a spade a spade.

A spade a spade? You MISUNDERSTOOD the post you responded to. It happened to me earlier in this thread. It happens. Several people pointed that out to you. You have continued to stir the pot and TRY to make your case. I haven't read anything "witty" from you yet.

cshscougar08
09-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the reply. My bad, I misunderstood.

I understand how message board readers come to dislike Celina based on certain posts, but I am now in my 5th season in Celina and I have NEVER seen the boys/coaching staff be anything but classy in games.

Yeah they were nothing but classy at the state game last year. And yes the posters sometimes rub me the wrong way, but it's all in good fun. :D

warpig
09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
A spade a spade? You MISUNDERSTOOD the post you responded to. It happened to me earlier in this thread. It happens. Several people pointed that out to you. You have continued to stir the pot and TRY to make your case. I haven't read anything "witty" from you yet.

:smoker: Have you read anything sarcastic?:clap:

Rocket
09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Well i guess then we have a lot if rivals then.

You have alot of teams that want to beat the crap out of you...I wouldn't call it a "rivalry".

garciap77
09-03-2008, 11:54 AM
:smoker: Have you read anything sarcastic?:clap: :D

firstdown
09-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Being that I'm from Argyle let me try to explain:

Celina is the big boy on the block.

Consider it a compliment that little ole Argyle thinks so much of you. Also I think alot of us still remember when you guys put that whoop'n on us in football then when that roundball started bouncing and we returned the favor your student body started cheering "Argyle basketball RAH RAH RAH Argyle football HAH HAH HAH" I almost wet pants I was laughing so hard. It's great to be back in your district, so please don't be upset with us, as we are striving to accomplish what you guys at Celina have.

CHS_89
09-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by firstdown

Consider it a compliment that little ole Argyle thinks so much of you. Also I think alot of us still remember when you guys put that whoop'n on us in football then when that roundball started bouncing and we returned the favor your student body started cheering "Argyle basketball RAH RAH RAH Argyle football HAH HAH HAH" I almost wet pants I was laughing so hard. It's great to be back in your district, so please don't be upset with us, as we are striving to accomplish what you guys at Celina have.

Hey Firstdown, welcome to the district. Good luck this year!

gatordaze
09-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by firstdown

If the UIL would just move the start of Basketball back to January we could represent in hoops. Football season lasts until late December and then add the holidays makes it hard to be ready for district. Most Celina athletes play Football and Baseball as they don't overlap.

firstdown
09-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
If the UIL would just move the start of Basketball back to January we could represent in hoops. Football season lasts until late December and then add the holidays makes it hard to be ready for district. Most Celina athletes play Football and Baseball as they don't overlap.

We don't have that problem. Most of our kids that play basketball don't play football. My youngest is one of the few that does both. You are right in that it takes him several weeks to get out of football mode. Good Luck this year.

garciap77
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
You have alot of teams that want to beat the crap out of you...I wouldn't call it a "rivalry". :iagree:

IHStangFan
09-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
You have alot of teams that want to beat the crap out of you...I wouldn't call it a "rivalry". just want to run something by you.....if someone DOES beat Celina....it won't be Brownwood.....and Celina fans...don't get the warm and fuzzies..I'm not trying to crash your party or jump on your parade float, I think ya'll suck too.

garciap77
09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
just want to run something by you.....if someone DOES beat Celina....it won't be Brownwood.....and Celina fans...don't get the warm and fuzzies..I'm not trying to crash your party or jump on your parade float, I think ya'll suck too.
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

marler1972
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
They would like to say that. Probably for a little while but they will be 4a before we know it. Probably alignment after next.

I dont think it will be in the next alignment but what do I know and I think we will still play them if they do get bumped to 4a.

BILLYFRED0000
09-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Last time I checked, the fans didn't suit up. Unless you are a student/athlete playing on the message boards.:nerd:

We don't suit up but we support. And believe me support we have here is what seperates us from most other towns. I won't bother to explain it. You have to see it to have a frame of reference with which you could make a rational arguement.

Balcones fault
09-03-2008, 01:53 PM
In the FWIW department, I've a somewhat unique perspective having lived in both Prosper and Celina. The earlier post was correct in that Celina is Prosper's rival, but not vice versa. That might be shifting somewhat since Pilot Point is off the schedule. Perhaps Liberty Hill is their rival much like the Permian - Plano rivalry in years past. I see know reason why your rival has to be in your district.

All in all, its a good thing for Prosper to be more competitive, and it helps Celina to have stronger competition in district.

Nowadays I live closer to LH, so go figure. At least I know the shortest distance to good football, and it isn't the Leander or Round Rock stadiums.

bobcat1
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
just want to run something by you.....if someone DOES beat Celina....it won't be Brownwood.....and Celina fans...don't get the warm and fuzzies..I'm not trying to crash your party or jump on your parade float, I think ya'll suck too. And here I was starting to feel some love............:taunt: