View Full Version : Prayers please!

CHS_CG
09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Caldwell Police Cruiser Accident

Posted: 6:38 AM Sep 2, 2008
Last Updated: 11:36 AM Sep 2, 2008
Reporter: Crystal Galny
Email Address: galny@kbtx.com

A 19-year-old was upgraded to fair condition Tuesday after being hit by a Caldwell police cruiser.

The accident happened just before 10 p.m. Monday on Highway 21.

According to the Department of Public Safety, Elliott Erwin was crossing the street when a squad car driven my Officer Cougan Hignight hit him.

Erwin was taken by helicopter to Scott and White in Temple, where he was upgraded from critical to fair condition Tuesday.

DPS is investigating the crash and officials say they will check Erwin's blood for drugs and alcohol. Erwin was wearing dark-colored clothing and was not crossing at a crosswalk, according to DPS officers.

In June, Officer Hignight was involved in a Caldwell shooting of a suspected robber. Hignight suffered a gunshot wound before killing suspect Louis Avrin.

Some of you might remember back in 2005 I posted a story about one of my good friends being in a motorcycle accident and passing away. Well this is one of his little brothers. There is a very inapporiate comment on kbtx.com that states " Sorry to hear you hit the kid Cougan, Is the city going to fix your car or are you going to have to drive it around with a big dent in the front. Please pray for this family, they have lost one son and they dont need to lose another.

justlikesports
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Prayers from Monahans.

CHS_CG
09-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I just heard James is coming home tonight.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
That's good news!

CHS_CG
09-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's good news!

Much better news than the last time this family was faced with a horrible situation like that.

zebrablue2
09-02-2008, 09:15 PM
prayers sent..