PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill has rare chance at state threepeat

Eagle 1
09-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Nothing like painting a big target on your chest.

LINK (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/09/02/0902libertyhill.html)

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 11:11 AM
The Bellville folks should get a kick out of the officiating comment. :evillol:

solocam
09-02-2008, 11:28 AM
what officiating comment are you talking about?

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by solocam
what officiating comment are you talking about? The one left in the comment(s) section about Giddings being robbed. ;)

"The Buffaloes Got Robbed and thanks to some sorry officiating Liberty Hill won. Quit crowning them so early there is a lot of football to play."

CHS_89
09-02-2008, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eagle 1
[B]Nothing like painting a big target on your chest.

Yeah, an eye catching headline. Media always puts a little pressure on ya, especially after two in a row. Good luck LH.

There's always gonna be comments about officiating from someone.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The one left in the comment(s) section about Giddings being robbed. ;)

"The Buffaloes Got Robbed and thanks to some sorry officiating Liberty Hill won. Quit crowning them so early there is a lot of football to play."
:thinking: :thinking: I thought Giddings was supposed to be known (just what "some" on here insinuate) for "home cooking".

buff4life
09-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: I thought Giddings was supposed to be known (just what "some" on here insinuate) for "home cooking".

If we were teh game would still be going on in OT

Rocket
09-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Jerry Vance takes a shot at Celina...

"The good thing about being good is you get to play the best. If you beat the best that means you are the best. If you beat other teams that aren't as good, then you really can't call yourself the best."

I love it..

:D

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

"The good thing about being good is you get to play the best. If you beat the best that means you are the best. If you beat other teams that aren't as good, then you really can't call yourself the best."

I love it..

I would tell you to behave yourself, but you won't listen! :p :p

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
If we were teh game would still be going on in OT LOL! My post was meant in jest based on posts on here.

44INAROW
09-02-2008, 01:41 PM
LOL! My post was meant in jest based on posts on here.

I am beginning to think alot of folks have NO sense of humor at all... :rolleyes:

firstcat
09-02-2008, 01:53 PM

I love it..

That was Cody's quote, not Coach Vance's...

Ranger Mom
09-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by firstcat

:doh: :doh: Geez Rocket....keep up!!:p

Necks_Fan
09-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Wayne has a song called 3peat. It jams.

Just reminded me of it.

BEAST
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I have a question for the Liberty Hill fans. Let me preface this by saying I am not trying to start crap, this is a seriuos question. The streak you guys are having is quite remarkable. You dont win however many games in row that yall have without good coaching, players, and some luck. My question is this, how well does your offense work if yall are down by say, 14 or 21 points? Is there a change of scheme, different types of run plays to break big gainners or have yall been in that scenario during the streak?

BEAST

Necks_Fan
09-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I have a question for the Liberty Hill fans. Let me preface this by saying I am not trying to start crap, this is a seriuos question. The streak you guys are having is quite remarkable. You dont win however many games in row that yall have without good coaching, players, and some luck. My question is this, how well does your offense work if yall are down by say, 14 or 21 points? Is there a change of scheme, different types of run plays to break big gainners or have yall been in that scenario during the streak?

BEAST I'm not exactly positive, but I don't think LH has been down by 14-21 in a while.... probably not in the streak.

wimbo_pro
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eagle 1
[B]
There's always gonna be comments about officiating from someone.

Boy aint this the truth. In fact, looking back, (when LH actually lost football games), it is my opinion that no one complained more about officiating than some LH fans. It was a joke between us Wimberely posters (on that OTHER board) that we wanted LH to win so we didnt have to listen to those guys complain.

We were kind of kidding, so its now OK for LH to lose.

Rocket
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM

Crap! Who is this Cody? He is a genius! Smart kid, that Cody...

firstcat
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
If we're within 21 points at half-time, the opponent shouldn't get too comfortable.

Necks_Fan
09-02-2008, 02:09 PM
If we're within 21 points at half-time, the opponent shouldn't get too comfortable. If LH is down by 21 ay half... then I would be comfortable. They are not exactly a quick score kinda team..... would be hard to make a 21 pt comeback.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be hard.

firstcat
09-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Boy aint this the truth. In fact, looking back, (when LH actually lost football games), it is my opinion that no one complained more about officiating than some LH fans. It was a joke between us Wimberely posters (on that OTHER board) that we wanted LH to win so we didnt have to listen to thos guys complain.

We were kind of kidding, so its now OK for LH to lose.

Hands down, Wimberley's (San Antonio Chapter??) referrees have historically been HORRIBLE.
Not just a questionable homer call now and then, But I can recall BLATANT disregard for all that is sportsmanlike from them on more than one occasion.
I don't think you could classify LH as having "complained more about officiating"...because the other games have been as expected...they called them as they saw them, and mistakes are going to be made no matter whose field is being played on....but when you have fans jumping over fences during games to get at referrees who "flipped" them off and/or turned to smile at the stands whenever an obvious bogus call was made...something lacks in professionalism....I'm just sayin'

firstcat
09-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
If LH is down by 21 ay half... then I would be comfortable. They are not exactly a quick score kinda team..... would be hard to make a 21 pt comeback.

That's what we like to hear... :evillol: :evillol:

All out CAT
09-02-2008, 02:19 PM
If LH is down by 21 ay half... then I would be comfortable. They are not exactly a quick score kinda team..... would be hard to make a 21 pt comeback.

05' vs. Jasper at college station. LH shut them down in the second half...I believe they got kind of worried. Came down to seconds on the clock when they were within 5 yards of having the ability of tying the game.

Um...clock ran out and the officials sucked! :thinking:

I believe it was 05', right?

wimbo_pro
09-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Hands down, Wimberley's (San Antonio Chapter??) referrees have historically been HORRIBLE.
Not just a questionable homer call now and then, But I can recall BLATANT disregard for all that is sportsmanlike from them on more than one occasion.
I don't think you could classify LH as having "complained more about officiating"...because the other games have been as expected...they called them as they saw them, and mistakes are going to be made no matter whose field is being played on....but when you have fans jumping over fences during games to get at referrees who "flipped" them off and/or turned to smile at the stands whenever an obvious bogus call was made...something lacks in professionalism....I'm just sayin'

We live with those refs, so we know they aint that good. We see them in many games during the season, not just with you. But this is exactly what I am talking about...I probably go to as many games as you do (or at least in the recent past)...I say they are no better or worse than anywhere else. It's just LH complains more than other teams. I have no doubt that LH wont complain if they win this year.

firstcat
09-02-2008, 02:39 PM
We live with those refs, so we know they aint that good. We see them in many games during the season, not just with you. But this is exactly what I am talking about...I probably go to as many games as you do (or at least in the recent past)...I say they are no better or worse than anywhere else. It's just LH complains more than other teams. I have no doubt that LH wont complain if they win this year.

The first part of your point is in direct opposition with the rest of it...but, we do agree, they ain't that good!
I've seen some EXCELLENT refereeing from other chapters...and believe it or not, it was even in games we didn't win...I don't remember ever personally having too many complaints other than in the two Wimberley games that I've mentioned.

Regardless, I don't envy the role the officials play, because there will always be one side happy and the other not...however, I believe the only way they can combat that is to be as consistently neutral as possible.

I guess the main thing I hate to see, as I'm sure you do too, is for an adult to ruin anything for a kid...few and far between, but it does happen. That's when you'll hear me complain, even if the kid is from Wimberley! ;)

wimbo_pro
09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
The first part of your point is in direct opposition with the rest of it...

My point is that those refs aint that good (IMO), but they call em both ways...no favoritism in their mistakes. It seems some only remember the bad calls against LH but not the bad calls they levied against Wimberley...in the very same game(s)! THAT is what I was refering to as "complaining".

Rocket
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
If we're within 21 points at half-time, the opponent shouldn't get too comfortable.

No team should get comfortable with a 21 point lead. Ever... too many things can happen.. in any game against whoever you play. If you get conservative, it usually equals 3 and out and instead of milking the clock, you are giving the other team plenty of time to score. If you stick to the game plan and keep passing, longer drives are possible (riskier because of INT's). I hate conservative play calling myself. I like to go score, no mercy, ever. Killer instinct...

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I hate conservative play calling myself. I like to go score, no mercy, ever. Killer instinct... :eek: :D Me too.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
05' vs. Jasper at college station. LH shut them down in the second half...I believe they got kind of worried. Came down to seconds on the clock when they were within 5 yards of having the ability of tying the game.

Um...clock ran out and the officials sucked! :thinking:

I believe it was 05', right?
'04

espn1
09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Boy aint this the truth. In fact, looking back, (when LH actually lost football games), it is my opinion that no one complained more about officiating than some LH fans. It was a joke between us Wimberely posters (on that OTHER board) that we wanted LH to win so we didnt have to listen to those guys complain.

We were kind of kidding, so its now OK for LH to lose. I don't have a dog in this fight! But I can tell you from my experience that Wimberley and Gatesville allways have Homer Refs. It sucks to play at Wimberley and all my friends from Burnet,Llano and Lh Know it!

sinton66
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM

But, if they stop you.... and score every time they touch the ball.... That's only 3 possessions.

wimbo_pro
09-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I don't have a dog in this fight! But I can tell you from my experience that Wimberley and Gatesville allways have Homer Refs. It sucks to play at Wimberley and all my friends from Burnet,Llano and Lh Know it!

You just named the 3 biggest whiners too!!

By the way, I know for a fact that none of the refs live around here, and they are changed over the years...so someone has got to explain the "homer" thing to me.

Gobbler Fan
09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
homer² Definition

# ☆ a radio or TV broadcaster, umpire, etc. regarded as favoring the home team

:1popcorn:

cats 2008
09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Liberty Hill will not win it all this year.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2008, 07:43 PM
BEAST
I'm trying to get info to maybe have my ducks in a row before sticking my foot in my mouth again. The last game I remember (positively) us being behind by that large of a margin was the playoff game vs Cuero in '05. That game didn't work out well for us, flat out got our butts whupped. Mentally & emotionally we were completely unprepared, due to the loss of one of our better backs & a couple others playing injured (one with torn ACL). They got us down by quite a bit early, and we went outside our normal game plan trying to play catch-up. No excuses, just a good old fashioned butt-kicking.

Since then, the defense seems to have become more strong as a unit, and a couple of games, we have relied on them to keep us in it until the O took off. Without having been behind 14-21 points since December, 2005, it's kind of hard to say how well they'll handle it. :)

But, our "base" offense is run, run, run, & run some more. It works well, for the most part, as a means to control the clock. But don't ever think that 3-4 yards is all we have in us. Because, in doing that, you may just find that we've got a kid 50-60 yds downfield headed toward the endzone. Or, we might even have a PASS play that long. :eek: :eek: :D

wimbo_pro
09-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Wimberley was the last team to beat LH. We want nothing more than to be the ones to end their streak late in the season. It's very possible, but not probable.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
That Cuero game is the last time we were down by that margin.

espn1
09-02-2008, 08:08 PM
You just named the 3 biggest whiners too!!

By the way, I know for a fact that none of the refs live around here, and they are changed over the years...so someone has got to explain the "homer" thing to me. Bottom line I'm glad we have you at Home this year! I new it was a red flag the last time we played in Wimberley, when I saw one of the Ref's wearing a Texan Cap!:D :D :D

wimbo_pro
09-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Bottom line I'm glad we have you at Home this year! I new it was a red flag the last time we played in Wimberley, when I saw one of the Ref's wearing a Texan Cap!:D :D :D

Oh good lord espn...now its just getting silly.:)

garciap77
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Bottom line I'm glad we have you at Home this year! I new it was a red flag the last time we played in Wimberley, when I saw one of the Ref's wearing a Texan Cap!:D :D :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
09-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by cats 2008
Liberty Hill will not win it all this year.

Why not?

nunya
09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Sorry, but beating the likes of Giddings by two doesn't mean much after one game.

But I'll take LIberty Hlll any day over them even by a single point in The Toilet Bowl.

BEAST
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm trying to get info to maybe have my ducks in a row before sticking my foot in my mouth again. The last game I remember (positively) us being behind by that large of a margin was the playoff game vs Cuero in '05. That game didn't work out well for us, flat out got our butts whupped. Mentally & emotionally we were completely unprepared, due to the loss of one of our better backs & a couple others playing injured (one with torn ACL). They got us down by quite a bit early, and we went outside our normal game plan trying to play catch-up. No excuses, just a good old fashioned butt-kicking.

Since then, the defense seems to have become more strong as a unit, and a couple of games, we have relied on them to keep us in it until the O took off. Without having been behind 14-21 points since December, 2005, it's kind of hard to say how well they'll handle it. :)

But, our "base" offense is run, run, run, & run some more. It works well, for the most part, as a means to control the clock. But don't ever think that 3-4 yards is all we have in us. Because, in doing that, you may just find that we've got a kid 50-60 yds downfield headed toward the endzone. Or, we might even have a PASS play that long. :eek: :eek: :D

Thats is why I was asking. Years ago The Wood was a bone first offense and didnt break it unless we had to. That being said if you are down 3 touches and the run aint working you gotta have a plan. Was just curious. If we had been 3A back in the bone days we would have won the title several times. But, late in the 4A playoffs we found teams that could at least slow our running game way down and then we had to try to switch. Hard to do.

BEAST

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Thats is why I was asking. Years ago The Wood was a bone first offense and didnt break it unless we had to. That being said if you are down 3 touches and the run aint working you gotta have a plan. Was just curious. If we had been 3A back in the bone days we would have won the title several times. But, late in the 4A playoffs we found teams that could at least slow our running game way down and then we had to try to switch. Hard to do.

BEAST
Oh, we can pass. 16/33, 607 yds, 8 TD's, 3 interceptions last year. I think close to 400 yds were one game.

Super_R
09-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Fickel threw 3 TD's in the 2nd quarter of the Gatesville game last year to put us up 21-14 at the half. I think all 3 td's were in the last 5 minutes of the quarter. That's fast scoring if you ask me.

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
Fickel threw 3 TD's in the 2nd quarter of the Gatesville game last year to put us up 21-14 at the half. I think all 3 td's were in the last 5 minutes of the quarter. That's fast scoring if you ask me.
Correct! (I thought it was 21-7 though? :confused: )

Good to see you! :wave:

garciap77
09-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
homer² Definition

# ☆ a radio or TV broadcaster, umpire, etc. regarded as favoring the home team

:iagree:

firstcat
09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh good lord espn...now its just getting silly.:)

All joking aside, there was one year when a father of one of the players (maybe a freshman game?) was officiating...

wimbo_pro
09-03-2008, 10:36 AM
If you get in the position where LH is passing the ball, you have accomplished the first step in beating them.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be hard. lol are you serious? They can score quick...

even though it is a slot-t it is probably one of the more exciting offenses I've seen.

Texasfootball2
09-03-2008, 11:27 AM
I will say this about a three peat.

If LH does win a third straight title, it will rank right up there with the Southlake Carroll run. Maybe even better. Here's why I say that. I think that 3A overall has more good to great teams than back when SL had there run. There are a lot of top notch coach's that have either came into 3A or stayed in there present programs as compared to the early 90's and late 80's, partly because 3A schools have started paying better than back then when coaches would leave for the 4A and 5A $$$$$$$. Some of the states best coach's are at 3A schools. Therefore I think it is much more difficult to stay on top. And if they win it this year, it will "probably" be in Div II (?), and D2 is going to be a much tougher run than D1 is going to be unless some really strange things happen in district play. And it doesn't matter what happens this Friday night, win/lose/close game/ blowout/ overtime.......ect, it will not tarnish there accomlishments over the past two season's nor lessen their chances this Nov. and Dec.

Just my Opinion

wimbo_pro
09-03-2008, 11:32 AM
All joking aside, there was one year when a father of one of the players (maybe a freshman game?) was officiating...

Huh? When was this? You sure it wasnt even an 8th grade game? And did the "father of a player" make it known BEFORE the game began? I never heard this.

firstcat
09-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Huh? When was this? You sure it wasnt even an 8th grade game? And did the "father of a player" make it known BEFORE the game began? I never heard this.

Ok, last post on this subject...
It was a sub-varsity game (3-4 years ago), and the woman working the table inside the front gate is the one that told us that one of the players dad's was one of the officials. We were discussing the actions of one of the chain gang members, when she told us. To his credit, I believe the discussion ended in the agreed opinion that he was the best of the officials for that evening. I didn't DNA test, or even pursue any line of questioning...

Rocket
09-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I will say this about a three peat.

If LH does win a third straight title, it will rank right up there with the Southlake Carroll run. Maybe even better. Here's why I say that. I think that 3A overall has more good to great teams than back when SL had there run. There are a lot of top notch coach's that have either came into 3A or stayed in there present programs as compared to the early 90's and late 80's, partly because 3A schools have started paying better than back then when coaches would leave for the 4A and 5A $$$$$$$. Some of the states best coach's are at 3A schools. Therefore I think it is much more difficult to stay on top. And if they win it this year, it will "probably" be in Div II (?), and D2 is going to be a much tougher run than D1 is going to be unless some really strange things happen in district play. And it doesn't matter what happens this Friday night, win/lose/close game/ blowout/ overtime.......ect, it will not tarnish there accomlishments over the past two season's nor lessen their chances this Nov. and Dec.

Just my Opinion

HUGE IF...

Texasfootball2
09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
HUGE IF...

Dude, the whole thread is based on "IF" LH wins a third straight title.:crazy: If you weren't such a...............................no, better not go there. My mom told if I can't say anthing nice, then...................well, you know the rest.:D

wimbo_pro
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok, last post on this subject...
It was a sub-varsity game (3-4 years ago), and the woman working the table inside the front gate is the one that told us that one of the players dad's was one of the officials. We were discussing the actions of one of the chain gang members, when she told us. To his credit, I believe the discussion ended in the agreed opinion that he was the best of the officials for that evening. I didn't DNA test, or even pursue any line of questioning...

I wonder who won that game.

garciap77
09-03-2008, 12:37 PM
HUGE IF...

Breck beats you?:D :p ;)

Ranger Mom
09-03-2008, 01:01 PM
We had a game one year where NO refs showed up due to a scheduling conflict. After discussions over the phone with someone and a talk between coaches....it seems life several dads from both teams were asked to ref......I don't even remember who won, but nobody had any problems with any calls that day!

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I wonder who won that game.
We did! I know exactly the game she's talking about. I'm 99% certain the boys were 8th graders when the chain gang kid was flipping off the crowd, on top of some crotch grabbing rudeness. The refs actually called an official timeout while the Wimberley coaches found an alternate chain person. (9th grade we had you at home, if I'm not mistaken.)

Now, there might've been something similar when they were sophomores, but I wasn't there to witness that one. :D

Rocket
09-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Dude, the whole thread is based on "IF" LH wins a third straight title.:crazy: If you weren't such a...............................no, better not go there. My mom told if I can't say anthing nice, then...................well, you know the rest.:D

Wow..chill...

IN MY OPINION, which I am entitled to just like you, I think it is a BIG IF.

You and wimbo are LH Homers...My goodness... how dare anybody say anything negative or doubt LH...LOL Give me a break... You are such a ..... better not go there... :)

Ranger Mom
09-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Wow..chill...

You and wimbo are LH Homers...My goodness... how dare anybody say anything negative or doubt LH...LOL Give me a break... You are such a ..... better not go there... :)

For the life of me, I don't get where you can even possibly consider either of the above a "LH homer!"

:confused:

Texasfootball2
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Wow..chill...

Me? :doh: a LH homer. I guess thats why I hoping that "We" Abilene Wylie lay the wood to them this Friday, not likely to have but I can hope. No doubt there are some annoying LH fans, just like there are annoying Wylie, Brownwood,Gilmer,Snyder,Sweetwater,*Region II, ect........... fans. I may be a homer, but a LH homer I'm not. I do have a lot of respect for what they have accomplished though, and thats what I was commenting on.

You on the other hand seem to be the ultimate _ _ _ _ disturber with a chip on his shoulder most of the time. I don't know that I've ever read anything but negative comments on your post, and you certainly don't have a sense of humor. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, voice it as you may, but try to have a little fun every now and then.

Rocket
09-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
For the life of me, I don't get where you can even possibly consider either of the above a "LH homer!"

:confused:

Anytime I mention anything negative or question LH's greatness, wimbo and Txbroadcaster come to their rescue and try to put me in check. They defend LH at all costs...

I gues I notice it alot more than most...since it is usually in response to something I post or say in chat.. but it's all good!

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Anytime I mention anything negative or question LH's greatness, wimbo and Txbroadcaster come to their rescue and try to put me in check. They defend LH at all costs...

I gues I notice it alot more than most...since it is usually in response to something I post or say in chat.. but it's all good! Maybe because LH can talk the talk and walk the walk while brownwood just can talk the talk

Ranger Mom
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM

I gues I notice it alot more than most...since it is usually in response to something I post or say in chat.. but it's all good!

UHHH.....NEWSFLASH!!!!!

That wasn't TXbroadcaster you quoted and called a homer!!

DUHRRRR!!!!!

Rocket
09-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Me? :doh: a LH homer. I guess thats why I hoping that "We" Abilene Wylie lay the wood to them this Friday, not likely to have but I can hope. No doubt there are some annoying LH fans, just like there are annoying Wylie, Brownwood,Gilmer,Snyder,Sweetwater,*Region II, ect........... fans. I may be a homer, but a LH homer I'm not. I do have a lot of respect for what they have accomplished though, and thats what I was commenting on.

You on the other hand seem to be the ultimate _ _ _ _ disturber with a chip on his shoulder most of the time. I don't know that I've ever read anything but negative comments on your post, and you certainly don't have a sense of humor. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, voice it as you may, but try to have a little fun every now and then.

You must not read much of my posts then. I have taken alot of heat on here, and most of my comments are comebacks. It's all fun.... I have said that many times... I laugh every time I read and post.

It's all good :)

Rocket
09-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
UHHH.....NEWSFLASH!!!!!

That wasn't TXbroadcaster you quoted and called a homer!!

DUHRRRR!!!!!

LOL

Texasfootball2
09-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Maybe because LH can talk the talk and walk the walk while brownwood just can talk the talk Thats a good one Blue, and Rocket needs to take a few humor lessons from you. Nobody on this board takes more crap or deals out more crap than you Blue, and it never seems to get ugly or negative. :thumbsup: just one thumbs up for now:D

Rocket
09-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Thats a good one Blue, and Rocket needs to take a few humor lessons from you. Nobody on this board takes more crap or deals out more crap than you Blue, and it never seems to get ugly or negative. :thumbsup: just one thumbs up for now:D

You are a crybaby Texasfootball2... I am going to have to steal RM's tag line...

I'm not mean, you are just a sissy.

Alright, lets pat each other on the butt and wish everybody good luck. Texasfootball2 apparently is the one who has no sense of humor.

Go Blue funny? LOL He has his moments... and most of his posts are pot stirring posts...

And when LH gets done whipping your butt, you got another butt whoopin' coming to town. You can count on it. And this season it will actually mean something. Can't wait. Just be glad you got a win against Vernon, if you wanna call it that.

Texasfootball2
09-03-2008, 02:53 PM
You are a crybaby Texasfootball2... I am going to have to steal RM's tag line...

I'm not mean, you are just a sissy.

Alright, lets pat each other on the butt and wish everybody good luck. Texasfootball2 apparently is the one who has no sense of humor.

And when LH gets done whipping your butt, you got another butt whoopin' coming to town. You can count on it. And this season it will actually mean something. Can't wait. Just be glad you got a win against Vernon, if you wanna call it that. :bigcry: :foul: :spitlol: :ack!: :taunt: :weeping: :crazy1:

Know where getting somewhere :tongue:

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 02:56 PM
how dare you talk down on the prophet known as Go Blue!

Rocket
09-03-2008, 03:04 PM
:bigcry: :foul: :spitlol: :ack!: :taunt: :weeping: :crazy1:

Know where getting somewhere :tongue:

LOL

Seriously..I wish I was going to be at the Wylie/LH game..should be the best game of the season so far besides Brownwood/LaVega..

2 of the best games about an hour away...

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 03:06 PM
LOL

Seriously..I wish I was going to be at the Wylie/LH game..should be the best game of the season so far besides Brownwood/LaVega..

2 of the best games about an hour away... LH wins by 10

La Vega by 14 you aint ready for la vegas speed/power/defense

Texasfootball2
09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Rocket,

What ever happen with the kid that transferred to Early? Is he going to be eligible to play at Early. It looks like they sure could have used him last week.

Hey, what you know. A nice post from me to you:thumbsup:

Rocket
09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
LH wins by 10

La Vega by 14 you aint ready for la vegas speed/power/defense

Right...we have never seen a team on their level... LOL
We will eat them alive on offense.

Maybe when we beat the crap out of them we will get some respect around here, but I doubt it.

Rocket
09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Rocket,

What ever happen with the kid that transferred to Early? Is he going to be eligible to play at Early. It looks like they sure could have used him last week.

Hey, what you know. A nice post from me to you:thumbsup:

Yep, he is playing for Early. Judging from last week's game, it seems KV needed Brownwood way more than Brownwood needed him. We definitely missed him on some plays, but overall we did ok. I think he may have got hurt (ankle). Not for sure.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 03:18 PM

Maybe when we beat the crap out of them we will get some respect around here, but I doubt it. just like yall were supposed to beat the crap out of an average burnet team?

Texasfootball2
09-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Yep, he is playing for Early. Judging from last week's game, it seems KV needed Brownwood way more than Brownwood needed him. We definitely missed him on some plays, but overall we did ok. I think he may have got hurt (ankle). Not for sure. Thats a shame, I hope it works out for him. I've always said, "with the exception of the QB position, Good football teams just keep on winning and playing good even if they loose a so called blue chip player". Good programs are consistantly good because they have good depth and someone is always waiting for his turn.

Rocket
09-03-2008, 03:31 PM
just like yall were supposed to beat the crap out of an average burnet team?

LOL
Most of the people that actually saw our game will agree that we beat the crap out of Burnet. What breaks they got were compliment of us shooting ourselves in the foot and our 2nd teamers...but if you wanna go by the score..no, we didn't beat he crap out of them... we actually suck.

Check the stats..we threw to our #1 Receiver twice for 38 yards and 2 TD's. Yeah we really opened the playbook... LOL No need to and why would we when we got some real competition this week.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 03:33 PM
LOL
Most of the people that actually saw our game will agree that we beat the crap out of Burnet. What breaks they got were compliment of us shooting ourselves in the foot and our 2nd teamers...but if you wanna go by the score..no, we didn't beat he crap out of them... we actually suck. Yes you do....thanks for finally realizing this. Burnet is average as much as you don't think so but La Vega is GOOD.

Texasfootball2
09-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes you do....thanks for finally realizing this. Burnet is average as much as you don't think so but La Vega is GOOD.
The only reason you think there GOOD is because their in Reg III. If they were in any other Region you would probably say there overrated, or they can't hang, or they suck, or .................................................. ..................................:crazy1: :taunt: Sorry Blue, I just couldn't resist that one.

wimbo_pro
09-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Rocket...it's pretty clear that BW is just gonna have to do something big against a decently ranked team before anyone here really take them seriously. The win against Burnet is not really that big of an acomplishment... though a loss would have been disasterous. The reason LH gets kudo's on a close win against a ranked team is their 25 game streak. You need a couple of solid victories against quality ranked opponents to get the respect you are seeking.

This up-coming week will be a good start in that direction. Good luck against La Vega.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 03:39 PM
The only reason you think there GOOD is because their in Reg III. If they were in any other Region you would probably say there overrated, or they can't hang, or they suck, or .................................................. ..................................:crazy1: :taunt: Sorry Blue, I just couldn't resist that one. Well that would be true if they were in West Texas but they are GOOD!

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Burnet since 2004
2004: 7-4
2005: 4-6
2006: 7-4
2007: 5-6

Nothing to spectacular...

Rocket
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes you do....thanks for finally realizing this. Burnet is average as much as you don't think so but La Vega is GOOD.

Where did I say Burnet was good? LOL I know they suck. I SAW them play. But if you want to use the scoreboard to rate us, go ahead.

You know nothing about Brownwood. I know this for a fact. You just don't like us cuz we haven't "proven" anything in "almighty 3A" and I understand that.

Friday night at 7:30pm the trash talking stops and the play begins... we'll see who is GOOD when the dust settles. Just get ready to eat some crow if you are wrong...and I'll do the same.

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I never said I didn't like brownwood....i just said they sucked :D

me eat crow? you have a better shot at winning the lottery

wimbo_pro
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM

LOL@GoBlue

Rocket
09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Rocket...it's pretty clear that BW is just gonna have to do something big against a decently ranked team before anyone here really take them seriously. The win against Burnet is not really that big of an acomplishment... though a loss would have been disasterous. The reason LH gets kudo's on a close win against a ranked team is their 25 game streak. You need a couple of solid victories against quality ranked opponents to get the respect you are seeking.

This up-coming week will be a good start in that direction. Good luck against La Vega.

You're right. I completely agree. As far as the win against Burnet, if you will read my assesment, I said that we have alot of work to do... and I am not hangin my hat on what we did to Burnet as any sign of greatness. I wanted a 48-14 thumping, but we were a little rusty (like all teams) and just didn't get it done (although we did lay the wood). Burnet may not be the best team, but they are some hard playing jacks and they don't quit (you can at least agree with that). Burnet may surprise some people in 3A..You never know.

I know we need to win some games in 3A. I mean we did beat Wylie the past 2 years but people don't like to bring that up or hold that in our favor...

Rocket
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM

Oh you are one of those? Figures.

pirate4state
09-03-2008, 04:09 PM
You're right. I completely agree. As far as the win against Burnet, if you will read my assesment, I said that we have alot of work to do... and I am not hangin my hat on what we did to Burnet as any sign of greatness. I wanted a 48-14 thumping, but we were a little rusty (like all teams) and just didn't get it done (although we did lay the wood). Burnet may not be the best team, but they are some hard playing jacks and they don't quit (you can at least agree with that). Burnet may surprise some people in 3A..You never know.

I know we need to win some games in 3A. I mean we did beat Wylie the past 2 years but people don't like to bring that up or hold that in our favor...

but, but...you beat them as a 4A school...that's expected! :p

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 04:10 PM
abilene wylie hasn't even been the best team in the state the past two years.....that belongs to LH followed by Celina then Gilmer

wimbo_pro
09-03-2008, 04:11 PM

I mean we did beat Wylie the past 2 years but people don't like to bring that up or hold that in our favor...

I didnt know you had beaten Wylie the past 2 years. Not bad. Hell, we are worried about Burnet here in Wimberley...we are worried about everyone until we see our offense click on a constant basis..like it did last week against a very weak Luling.

Rocket
09-03-2008, 04:18 PM
abilene wylie hasn't even been the best team in the state the past two years.....that belongs to LH followed by Celina then Gilmer

LOL
Wylie sucks too?

Old Tiger
09-03-2008, 04:19 PM
LOL
Wylie sucks too? they're one of the best in west texas but thats about it.

garciap77
09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow..chill...

It's not wimbo, it's wimbo_panther! ;)

espn1
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
LOL
Most of the people that actually saw our game will agree that we beat the crap out of Burnet. What breaks they got were compliment of us shooting ourselves in the foot and our 2nd teamers...but if you wanna go by the score..no, we didn't beat he crap out of them... we actually suck.

Check the stats..we threw to our #1 Receiver twice for 38 yards and 2 TD's. Yeah we really opened the playbook... LOL No need to and why would we when we got some real competition this week. You didn't have your second Teamers in that's crap. Burnet played horrible for sure. Probablly one the worst games they've played. Burnet's the one that shot their selves in the foot not Brownwood! They basically gave you 21 points. You better put down those POM-POM's for a while, theirs still a lot of football left to play.Warning! The Surgeon General has deamed Jock Sniffing to be hazardous to your health!

Rocket
09-03-2008, 04:48 PM
You didn't have your second Teamers in that's crap. Burnet played horrible for sure. Probablly one the worst games they've played. Burnet's the one that shot their selves in the foot not Brownwood! They basically gave you 21 points. You better put down those POM-POM's for a while, theirs still a lot of football left to play.Warning! The Surgeon General has deamed Jock Sniffing to be hazardous to your health!

LOL... I think we already covered this on another thread...
Yes the end of the 3rd and the first half of the 4th was ALOT of 2nd teamers...

That 60 yard TD run in the 2nd half was by a Soph and that was his first Varsity carry... LOL

BEAST
09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
You didn't have your second Teamers in that's crap. Burnet played horrible for sure. Probablly one the worst games they've played. Burnet's the one that shot their selves in the foot not Brownwood! They basically gave you 21 points. You better put down those POM-POM's for a while, theirs still a lot of football left to play.Warning! The Surgeon General has deamed Jock Sniffing to be hazardous to your health!

Hey glue sniffer, the Brownwood running back that went for an 80 yard td in the third quarter, is 3rd string. Keep telling yourself we didnt have back ups in but truth is alot of the game we did. Not the entire 2nd team but alot of them.

BEAST

firstcat
09-03-2008, 04:57 PM

Maybe when we beat the crap out of them we will get some respect around here, but I doubt it.

Dude, I PROMISE you'll get respect if you beat the crap out of the LH Panthers!

espn1
09-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey glue sniffer, the Brownwood running back that went for an 80 yard td in the third quarter, is 3rd string. Keep telling yourself we didnt have back ups in but truth is alot of the game we did. Not the entire 2nd team but alot of them.

BEAST I think you better join the Booster Club! Just make sure you don't sneak into the locker room!

wimbo_pro
09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
It's not wimbo, it's wimbo_panther! ;)

Don't make me come over there, Garcia!!!

garciap77
09-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Don't make me come over there, Garcia!!! :D :D :D