PDA

View Full Version : Region I GOTW: Liberty Hill vs Wylie

Pages : 1 [2]

Mcguirk
09-05-2008, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Look for me. I will keep an eye open for you. Still going to be in your regular spot? I will be up at the top rail. Easier to go and throw stuff at nobogey that way.

I think they finally put our names on the seats. Should be there about 6:00.

injuredinmelee
09-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
I think they finally put our names on the seats. Should be there about 6:00.

we had some newbies come in last year that didnt realize they were in OUR seats. We had been sitting in the same spot since Jeremy was in 8th grade and that was a long long time ago. We would try to beat them to the stadium but I swear they arrived as soon as school let out.

nobogey72
09-05-2008, 06:33 AM
While me and my daughter were shaving my 'ol lady's back last night (she's pretty vain) she told me she might sit on the Liberty Hill side tonight and see if she can get in a fight. I told her that if she did, that I was not going to leave the game early to come get her big A$$ out of jail like I've had to do before. No mam! I'm staying for the end of this one. So here's your fair warning LH fans, If you see a nose guard lookin' woman wearing a fairly low cut purple set of coveralls wandering through your stands and you don't recognize her, then don't make eye contact. She will either be eating a corny dog (with a couple extra stuffed in her back pocket), or she'll be gnawing on a turkey leg.:inlove:

Lion_Addict
09-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What did I say???:confused:

Nuttin......was just expecting the ribbing cuz I am a :nerd: , :D .

Hmmmm.....wondering if we'll have a thread go this long week #3 :thinking: .

garciap77
09-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
While me and my daughter were shaving my 'ol lady's back last night (she's pretty vain) she told me she might sit on the Liberty Hill side tonight and see if she can get in a fight. I told her that if she did, that I was not going to leave the game early to come get her big A$$ out of jail like I've had to do before. No mam! I'm staying for the end of this one. So here's your fair warning LH fans, If you see a nose guard lookin' woman wearing a fairly low cut purple set of coveralls wandering through your stands and you don't recognize her, then don't make eye contact. She will either be eating a corny dog (with a couple extra stuffed in her back pocket), or she'll be gnawing on a turkey leg.:inlove:

Is that Turkey Leg from the 2004 Championship Game?:D ;)

Texasfootball2
09-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
I'm prayin' all you LH fans have a safe trip to Abilene tomorrow night. I hope it's a looong trip home for y'all.;) If you come up Hwy 67 watch for the speed limit drop in Santa Anna. I think they used to make half the towns budget writing speeding tickets to Wylie fans going to Brownwood or Brady. Really looking forward to a good game tomorrow!

People from LH fully understand what a speed trap is. That LH/Leander area is a notorious speed trap. Be safe, and good luck tonight.

injuredinmelee
09-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
People from LH fully understand what a speed trap is. That LH/Leander area is a notorious speed trap. Be safe, and good luck tonight.
the worst Williamson County Speed Trap is in Florence. They are so close to Bell County all that Police Officer shiftiness has rubbed off on them.

injuredinmelee
09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Nuttin......was just expecting the ribbing cuz I am a :nerd: , :D .

Hmmmm.....wondering if we'll have a thread go this long week #3 :thinking: .

I am sure Rocket will get some talk stirred up.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2008, 08:09 AM
the worst Williamson County Speed Trap is in Florence. They are so close to Bell County all that Police Officer shiftiness has rubbed off on them.
Oh, dude! Ever known of an officer pulling someone over to issue a warning for going the posted speed limit because there is a drop from 65 to 55 up AHEAD?????

injuredinmelee
09-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, dude! Ever known of an officer pulling someone over to issue a warning for going the posted speed limit because there is a drop from 65 to 55 up AHEAD?????

that is ridiculous!!! Where did that take place? I know they are pretty bad out on 29 between yall and Gtown. I got pulle dover in Florence for doing 2 mph over the posted limit but I cant top yours.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2008, 08:11 AM
that is ridiculous!!! Where did that take place? I know they are pretty bad out on 29 between yall and Gtown. I got pulle dover in Florence for doing 2 mph over the posted limit but I cant top yours.
29 between here & Gtown. :D :doh:

I think we now have 4 Dodge Charger "stealth" police vehicles, in addition to 4 regular vehicles and the Chief's Suburban, or whatever it is.

firstcat
09-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/mean_club_bulldog_dog_tattoo1.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/183008525_e12e709be1-1.jpg

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty! Come to PAPA!:D

later tonight, Papa's gonna have to explain to Mama why Kitty just whooped his _____ !!!!!!!

firstcat
09-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

That happened to my son!!!!!! He got pulled over because the speed limit was GOING to be 55 in about 200 yards, and he was going 60!...Geez!

Dominicfrank
09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
It's all good. I was in town earlier this week and from what I heard from people at the game was that coach knew it would take all three TO's if he got the ball back given we only had success running up the middle. He basically put the game in the hands of the defense who didnt come up this time. Interesting strat by coach, I was surprised as well listening to it on the radio.

Hey Dom, I was just being a little spiteful. I was at the game. Typical early season game. Lot of silly, correctable mistakes on bothsides. I do think the best team won the game, but I would not want to catch Vernon in late Oct. and Nov. They looked like a team that could be hard to recon with later on. There was one thing that totally sureprised me though, and I would love to here an opinion from a Vernon fan who was at the game. Wylie got the ball with about 6:00 minutes +/- to go in the game and started moving the ball down the field. Vernon had three timeouts and never used one of them. Wylie ended up on about the one yardline at the end of the game. Because Vernon's coach made no attempt to stop the clock, Coach Sandifer chose to not even run a play at the end of the game. It wasn't as if Wylie was gashing the Vernon defense either. I just couldn't believe that Vernon didn't use some timeouts only being down "8" points. Would love to hear some thoughts from Vernon fans on this. :D

Daddy D 11
09-05-2008, 09:15 AM
LH cops are down right dumb..

All out CAT
09-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
That happened to my son!!!!!! He got pulled over because the speed limit was GOING to be 55 in about 200 yards, and he was going 60!...Geez!

Yea, but your kid is bad.

firstcat
09-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by All out CAT
Yea, but your kid is bad.

to the bone, baby! Just watch him tonight.

nobogey72
09-05-2008, 10:45 AM
to the bone, baby! Just watch him tonight.

what # is he?

Daddy D 11
09-05-2008, 10:49 AM
what # is he?

Get back to work:tisk:

Texasfootball2
09-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Get back to work:tisk:
Work this:D :foul: :) BABY!

Daddy D 11
09-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Work this:D :foul: :) BABY!

I shouldn't be talking too much, after all..I'm in class:p

firstcat
09-05-2008, 11:06 AM
what # is he?

#56!
My nephew is #21!!
My cousins are #60, #55, and #77!!!

Leaving Austin now, we'll see ya'll tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOW DOWN!!!!!!!

Texasfootball2
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I shouldn't be talking too much, after all..I'm in class:p Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!:tisk ::tisk:

garciap77
09-05-2008, 11:54 AM
later tonight, Papa's gonna have to explain to Mama why Kitty just whooped his _____ !!!!!!!

lol:clap: :p ;)

michaelp23
09-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Any other Abileneians notice how little attention this has received in Abilene? KTAB news (CBS affiliate) didn't even mention the game last night in their sports cast. They are too busy worrying about A-high I guess. It's a shame, this is the game of the week in 3A and one of the biggest ever at Bulldog stadium and they hardly even mention it during the week leading up. Even the Abilene Reporter News just recycled an article from earlier in the week about our quarterback situation as today's preview on their website.

The media thinks this could be "the year" for A-high, and they're all tripping over themselves trying to interview Coach Warren and his son (the QB). Oh well, we still get to witness what will hopefully be a great game between two proud and proven programs tonight. Between these two teams we have 3 of the last 4 3A Division 1 State Championships. There's no where else I'd rather be!!

Go Bulldogs!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Any other Abileneians notice how little attention this has received in Abilene? KTAB news (CBS affiliate) didn't even mention the game last night in their sports cast. They are too busy worrying about A-high I guess. It's a shame, this is the game of the week in 3A and one of the biggest ever at Bulldog stadium and they hardly even mention it during the week leading up. Even the Abilene Reporter News just recycled an article from earlier in the week about our quarterback situation as today's preview on their website.

The media thinks this could be "the year" for A-high, and they're all tripping over themselves trying to interview Coach Warren and his son (the QB). Oh well, we still get to witness what will hopefully be a great game between two proud and proven programs tonight. Between these two teams we have 3 of the last 4 3A Division 1 State Championships. There's no where else I'd rather be!!

Imo KTXS does a much better job of covering Wylie and other
area 3A teams.

garciap77
09-05-2008, 01:00 PM

It's just the normal! :iagree: :iagree:

Go Bulldogs!!!:clap:

clemsmarina
09-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
It's just the normal! :iagree: :iagree:

Go Bulldogs!!!:clap:

It's the normal here as well. LH gets noticed about 4 rounds deep into the playoffs when everyone else in Centex is playing basketball.

Always get to hear about Westlake, and then they put them on tv last night and hype them up as much as possible.

btw, it sure was nice watching them get it handed to them by Lake Travis....on TV!!!

1st and goal
09-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Always get to hear about Westlake, and then they put them on tv last night and hype them up as much as possible.

btw, it sure was nice watching them get it handed to them by Lake Travis....on TV!!!

Yea, it was nice hearing about Cedar Park Timberwolves beating them last week.

injuredinmelee
09-05-2008, 05:32 PM

I cant stand Bob Bartlet so I never ever watch that newcast. They could hae Jillian Barberie on staff nude and I wouldnt tune in... well I would but I would mute it.

Bigworm
09-05-2008, 06:39 PM
any updates? wait....game doesnt start till 7:confused:

garciap77
09-05-2008, 10:33 PM
LH 28
Wylie 25

Congrats to LH. Great game! Your offense was awsome! Players on both sides of the field played with class. Nice meeting with all the posters. Good luck with the rest of the season!

Daddy D 11
09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
I loved the goal line stand by the Panthers in the North Endzone, Lattimore stood that RB up:devil: