PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs 4a Livingston Lions.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Livingston will travel to Bellville for a game with the Brahmas, Livingston returns half their starters from a region semifinalist season, the lions will have their skill players back from last years team, and the Lions are predicted to make the play-offs this year. This will be a good game for Bellville playing a good 4a school early in the season. Livington has over 1200 students, compared to Bellvilles 688. How will it turn out? This will be Livingstons 1st game, the Lions scrimmaged Huntsville last week.

87 TIGER
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
gotta go with Bellville in this one. Good friend of mine's son plays for bellville & plus I think Bellville is better.

HEMOTOXIC
09-01-2008, 09:15 PM
This will be a good game but Livingston will be too much for the Brahmas.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
This will be a good game but Livingston will be too much for the Brahmas.

Give some reasons why? Need to know more about Livingston.

Bull's-eye
09-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Livingston was a 4A playoff team last season and should be a good test for this "under the radar" Bellville team. The last Houston Chronicle's area 3A/under top 10 has no mentioning of Bellville, but does list the likes of West Columbia, Needville, Second Baptist, East Bernard, Episcopal and Hitchcock. In the 4A ranking they listed Brenham #5 and we all know what happened in that first scrimmage.

A win against Livingston should give Bellville a little recognition and also set up a big game with Navasota (hope both teams are undefeated). Bellville will benefit from having a game under their belt, as the Lions are playing their first game of the season. Win or lose, this is the type of quality opponent that will help prepare the Bulls for district play.

Necks_Fan
09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Note---- The only thing I kn ow about Livingston is what you posted.

But, based on that.... I'll take Livingston in a pretty high scoring game based merely on numbers and returning starters.....

IF Bellville doesn't win, then thye will give Livingston EVERYTHING they want and then some......

Should be a good'n though... I think the Lions score late a few times and win by a score of like

31-27

HEMOTOXIC
09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, I haven't personally seen Livingston play since they were in the district with Navasota. From last year's playoff team that returns half of their starters, I like their chances. They lost to a top 5 Dayton team in the 3rd round of the playoffs last season. Beating Manor 42-13, Houston Washington 42-7 before losing to Dayton 43-0. Dayton ended the season to eventual champion Lake Travis 40-13 in the semis.

Of course you know I am all for the Bulls. I wish them the best of luck. Hopefully Navasota and Bellville both keep winning for the showdown on September 19.

Tiger4Ever
09-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Livingston will beat Bellville with the overall experience they have over Bellville and the fact that Bellville is a decent 3A team, but they are no powerhouse. F.B.B.!!

Bull's-eye
09-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Tiger4Ever
Livingston will beat Bellville with the overall experience they have over Bellville and the fact that Bellville is a decent 3A team, but they are no powerhouse. F.B.B.!!

Bellville actually has more experience than Livingston. The Lions return 5/5 starters while Bellville return 7/7 starters. The Lions only return 19 players compared to Bellville with 26. One advantage may be the 3 extra playoff games and those 3 extra weeks of practice.

KL3
09-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Livingston's best player and QB is Dustin Harris, who is committed to Texas A&M to play cornerback. He's about 6'1" 180.

Livingston scrimmaged Huntsville last week and beat them by a field goal. It's going to be a good test for the Brahmas.

rancher
09-02-2008, 07:58 AM
The next two games will tell how good Bellville will be. If they play tough and beat one of the two, they will prove to be as good as the hype. I just hope that the WEAK LINK, the offense line comes through, I was not impressed with their play vs Caldwell. They failed to blow out a weaker Caldwell Defense on several big downs. I fear that if the same mistakes are make against Livingston and Navasota as was made in the Caldwell game, the roof will fall in on the bulls.

Bull's-eye
09-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by rancher
The next two games will tell how good Bellville will be. If they play tough and beat one of the two, they will prove to be as good as the hype. I just hope that the WEAK LINK, the offense line comes through, I was not impressed with their play vs Caldwell. They failed to blow out a weaker Caldwell Defense on several big downs.

Bellville was missing their starting center, but I don't recall the offense line failing to blow out the Caldwell defense on several big downs. In fact, the Bellville moved the ball quite well. Nunn had over 170 yards and he sat most of the 4th Qtr. His back up had a 50 yd TD run called back because of a penalty that had no bearing on the play. I thought the Caldwell defense did quite well considering their offense was forced to punt 6 times. They also had to defend several miscues by their special teams.

rancher
09-02-2008, 09:26 AM
What about the drives where Bellville was forced to punt? With the weakness of the Caldwell Defense, Bellville with their backs should have made long sustained drives. Where is the Medina kid playing?

nunya
09-02-2008, 09:57 AM

... or at least Sealy hopes they're not.

Reds fan
09-02-2008, 10:00 AM
What about the drives where Bellville was forced to punt? With the weakness of the Caldwell Defense, Bellville with their backs should have made long sustained drives. Where is the Medina kid playing?

Medina was hurt, looked like ankle, during Caldwell game, any update on him?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 11:02 AM

Show me were I posted Bellville was a powerhouse? I never said Bellville was a powerhouse,in any post, so dont put words in other people,s mouth. You are a 19 post rookie on this board! If you want to watch a powerhouse type game go see sealy vs 2a Hempstead.

Bull's-eye
09-02-2008, 11:30 AM
What about the drives where Bellville was forced to punt? With the weakness of the Caldwell Defense, Bellville with their backs should have made long sustained drives.

Bellville punted just a few times. I can't recall exactly, but some of those drives may of started with incomplete passes or been hampered by a penalty. There may of been some players not executing their plays and give some credit to the Caldwell defense. The way you were implying, the Bellville line failed to convert on several big downs. I didn't come away with that impression and it's too early to say Caldwell has a weak defense.

Gators17
09-02-2008, 01:38 PM

He's starting at cornerback.

buff4ever
09-02-2008, 02:57 PM
bellville takes this one. They will roll through a easy predistrict schedule then have to get ready for a few good opponents in district like giddings, sealy and maybe LG.

Heck smithville even blew away lexington, maybe they will give bellville a hard time too.:) :) :) :) ;)

JR2004
09-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Livingston.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
bellville takes this one.

I hope your right, Livinston will be a hard 4a team to beat, sounds like they are predicted to go deeper than last year.

HEMOTOXIC
09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
bellville takes this one. They will roll through a easy predistrict schedule then have to get ready for a few good opponents in district like giddings, sealy and maybe LG.

Heck smithville even blew away lexington, maybe they will give bellville a hard time too.:) :) :) :) ;)

I dont think that Navasota nor Livingston will be easy predistrict games for the Bulls.

nunya
09-02-2008, 09:23 PM

It's pretty damn insulting for some know-it-all from Giddings to come on here and include Caldwell in a statement like that. Giddings has gotten a little big for their britches in recent years. I went back and saw past posts from you and mainly buff4life. You've become the Miami of high school football who everyone loves to hate.

Bull19
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by nunya
It's pretty damn insulting for some know-it-all from Giddings to come on here and include Caldwell in a statement like that. Giddings has gotten a little big for their britches in recent years. I went back and saw past posts from you and mainly buff4life. You've become the Miami of high school football who everyone loves to hate. thats a pretty bold statement rookie. i know several people who do not hate buff4ever, or buff4life.

"know-it-all"???? they may know a little more than you think.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
thats a pretty bold statement rookie. i know several people who do not hate buff4ever, or buff4life.

"know-it-all"???? they may know a little more than you think.

Only him and the lone poster from sealy that has 22 post, and mr 59 post. Thats only 3, everyone else has no BEEF with our friends from Giddings!:D

buff4ever
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Mr. Caldwell (Nunya)

If you would note the MANY smiley faces on my post you could imagine I was poking fun at my bellville buds.

However if you want to read the specifics of bellville's first game and how EASY it was, go read the thread and the reminder of the final score. I would say you guys were pretty easy for the brahmas. Do not insult my knowledge in a poking fun post on a bellville/livingston thread. Livingston isn't exactly an easy opponent to schedule in predistrict, nor is Navasota.

zebrablue2
09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Mr. Caldwell (Nunya)

If you would note the MANY smiley faces on my post you could imagine I was poking fun at my bellville buds.

However if you want to read the specifics of bellville's first game and how EASY it was, go read the thread and the reminder of the final score. I would say you guys were pretty easy for the brahmas. Do not insult my knowledge in a poking fun post on a bellville/livingston thread. Livingston isn't exactly an easy opponent to schedule in predistrict, nor is Navasota.

:clap::2thumbsup: tell it like it is bro....

Necks_Fan
09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
It's pretty damn insulting for some know-it-all from Giddings to come on here and include Caldwell in a statement like that. Giddings has gotten a little big for their britches in recent years. I went back and saw past posts from you and mainly buff4life. You've become the Miami of high school football who everyone loves to hate. LOL and you have become the guy that took a post way too seriously....

:rolleyes:

The Giddings people on here are actually really cool IMO and I've seen nothing but class when I saw their team play.... so I have not a clue what you are referencing.

nunya
09-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
LOL and you have become the guy that took a post way too seriously....

The Giddings people on here are actually really cool IMO and I've seen nothing but class when I saw their team play.... so I have not a clue what you are referencing.

And from their statements, you'd think they were actually still in high school on the team. Find a life.

Bull19
09-03-2008, 07:37 AM
And from their statements, you'd think they were actually still in high school on the team. Find a life. can you not realize that you are the one who started all this crap? you are the one who needs to take a look in the mirror.

nunya
09-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Mr. Caldwell (Nunya)

Bellville 34, Giddings 13

Bull19
09-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Bellville 34, Giddings 13 wrong game nonyaa

nunya
09-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
wrong game nonyaa

Oh no, I'm using telepathic powers to predict the score in coming weeks. Remember... we have the ability to foretell the future in scheduling games and predicting scores.

Bull19
09-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh no, I'm using telepathic powers to predict the score in coming weeks. Remember... we have the ability to foretell the future in scheduling games and predicting scores. well if you can do that, and that is gunna be the score thats great. i was wondering can you also tell what the teams' record will be going into that game?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Bellville will be a 8 point underdog according to Harris Rankings and rightfully so playing a much bigger 4a school that is predicted to go deep into the play-offs. Harris did give some love to the Brahmas ranking them #14 in the state poll, just in front of rivel sealy. Bellville will get 2 very tough test with 4a Livington, and then #2 Navasota. Games like these will go a long way, win or lose helping a team get ready for district, compaired to playing a smaller school that you would be a clear 60 point favor.

Bull's-eye
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I can't find the Harris ratings, where did you get your info?

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville will get 2 very tough test with 4a Livington, and then #2 Navasota. Games like these will go a long way, win or lose helping a team get ready for district, compaired to playing a smaller school that you would be a clear 60 point favor. This is true.

And to be honest.... the only reason I think so highly of Sealy and maybe others do too is...

1. Their coaches' pedigree.
2. The tradition in that program
3. They have an excellent RB
4. They opened EVERYBODY's eyes when they nearly knocked off Giddings last year.

So, I assume with the strides they made last season, everybody would assume that they would continue to get better this year, thus the high ranking.

It also helps to return 14 starters.

Anyway, I agree with the above quote, but I really think Mitchell scheduled the best opponents he could get with a variety of different strengths....

Rice will give their Run D a good test.... 2nd baptist will give their pass D a good test and so on.

Anyway, I have heard many good things from Bellville this season and I may just have to watch this one no matter what.

Anyway, The Brahmas should get a good test this week.

trg
09-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Well, as always, I am rooting for the Bulls and win or lose I hope both teams get through the game with no injuries and have great games where it counts (district & playoff).

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by trg
Well, as always, I am rooting for the Bulls and win or lose I hope both teams get through the game with no injuries and have great games where it counts (district & playoff).

No injuries is the key, win or lose vs a very good 4a is a good test for the Brahmas, a few years back we played a very good 4a Barbers Hill team, the Brahmas held their own but got beat by a team that went 10-0. Good game for the brahmas but we also lost our stud running back for the season, Barbers Hill was big and brutal, and it showed. Its good to play bigger schools if you stay healty.

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 03:29 PM
No injuries is the key, win or lose vs a very good 4a is a good test for the Brahmas, a few years back we played a very good 4a Barbers Hill team, the Brahmas held their own but got beat by a team that went 10-0. Good game for the brahmas but we also lost our stud running back for the season, Barbers Hill was big and brutal, and it showed. Its good to play bigger schools if you stay healty. I remember that we played Barber's Hill that year and we lost on the very last play of the game..... That BH team was GOOD.

buff4life
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
It's pretty damn insulting for some know-it-all from Giddings to come on here and include Caldwell in a statement like that. Giddings has gotten a little big for their britches in recent years. I went back and saw past posts from you and mainly buff4life. You've become the Miami of high school football who everyone loves to hate.

it irritates me that you think you have the authority to type my name on here...but still humors me that you think you have some bone to pick with me...

BUT i do feel for you because i know where it comes from, your sad and pathetic jealousy of my town and especially ME. I'm sorry bro i really am :D

buff4life
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
LOL and you have become the guy that took a post way too seriously....

thank you Necks, i'm obliged to like you :D :D :D

buff4life
09-04-2008, 03:46 PM
And from their statements, you'd think they were actually still in high school on the team. Find a life.

and from reading yours, one might assume you were in a mental asylum or really stalking and spying on me in my home :rolleyes:

buff4life
09-04-2008, 03:48 PM
but just so i can stay on topic...I say the game comes down to the last play where the Bellville kicker either hits or misses a field goal to win or lose the game

Bull19
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
but just so i can stay on topic...I say the game comes down to the last play where the Bellville kicker either hits or misses a field goal to win or lose the game i sure hope that aint the case. from what i've heard our kicking game is below average.

nunya
09-04-2008, 05:47 PM
it irritates me that you think you have the authority to type my name on here...but still humors me that you think you have some bone to pick with me...

BUT i do feel for you because i know where it comes from, your sad and pathetic jealousy of my town and especially ME. I'm sorry bro i really am :D

I hate to be rude, fella, but Giddings is not a desirable place at all and several colleagues and I were just talking about it the other day. But, hey, it's OK, you have Friday nights every nine months to give you a reason to keep livin so all is not lost.:smoker:

Bull's-eye
09-04-2008, 05:48 PM
One of the Bellville kickers hit a 42 yard FG, the other hurt his ankle playing defense.

ProudHornetMom
09-04-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm going with Bellville. They are no longer in re-structure mode....and I've never known the Brahmas' to fear any team...4A, 3A, etc.

zebrablue2
09-04-2008, 10:29 PM
I hate to be rude, fella, but Giddings is not a desirable place at all and several colleagues and I were just talking about it the other day. But, hey, it's OK, you have Friday nights every nine months to give you a reason to keep livin so all is not lost.:smoker:

read rule 3 for the board mr. or mrs. nunya. can you say anything positive?? PLEASE. Giddings is a nice town. you have no right to make that comment.

buff4life
09-04-2008, 11:09 PM

I don't even live there right now, BUT i guarantee Giddings is way better than any place that houses you or you call home due to the fact that your wonderful personality is there...i feel sorry for those around you sir

nunya
09-04-2008, 11:43 PM
I don't even live there right now, BUT i guarantee Giddings is way better than any place that houses you or you call home due to the fact that your wonderful personality is there...i feel sorry for those around you sir

Name ONE single thing positive you've said about Caldwell. It astounds me that you've been on here as long as you have and haven't been called down yourself for something. Your overboard Giddings homer attitude is annoying after a while and you deliriously try to point out (INVESTIGATE) others' etiquette.

Buff4life is a perfect name for you because you will NEVER get over your days playing ball. You're simply mad because I say Bellville is stronger. You'll see soon enough.

You need a tranquilizer. I was warned about you before I joined this chatroom, and did I listen? NOOOOOO

navscanmaster
09-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Name ONE single thing positive you've said about Caldwell. It astounds me that you've been on here as long as you have and haven't been called down yourself for something. Your overboard Giddings homer attitude is annoying after a while and you deliriously try to point out (INVESTIGATE) others' etiquette.

Buff4life is a perfect name for you because you will NEVER get over your days playing ball. You're simply mad because I say Bellville is stronger. You'll see soon enough.

You need a tranquilizer. I was warned about you before I joined this chatroom, and did I listen? NOOOOOO

Good grief! Nunya, look at the title of the thread. It doesn't say anything about Giddings in there. You posted a BEL/GID score on this thread. Did you think it would go unnoticed or accepted? Yikes. Also, remember, when people use smileys (other than mad faces) they are JOKING or POKING FUN.

Don't take anything on this board personally.:)

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2008, 06:05 AM
You need a tranquilizer. I was warned about you before I joined this chatroom, and did I listen? NOOOOOO Wow! Just.....wow. :doh: :doh:

Buffgal
09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I've heard that those absolutely delicious Caldwell Burleson county poppy seed kolaches have a little known drug side effect that induces calmness and good will toward others......
This "nunya" needs to eat a couple

dozen;)

Bull's-eye
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
I've heard that those absolutely delicious Caldwell Burleson county poppy seed kolaches have a little known drug side effect.

They just made me sleepy.
:sleeping: :sleeping:

Necks_Fan
09-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Good luck to the Brahmas tonight. I hope they live up to that hype they've been increasingly getting. We will know the true measure of the Brahmas after tonight. I hope to see them and Sealy be undefeated going into that matchup.:)

Bull's-eye
09-05-2008, 03:26 PM
The poll slightly favors Livingston, let's see if Bellville can pull off the upset. Good luck Brahmas!!

navscanmaster
09-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Good luck to the Brahmas tonight. I hope they live up to that hype they've been increasingly getting. We will know the true measure of the Brahmas after tonight. I hope to see them and Sealy be undefeated going into that matchup.:)

:dispntd: :tongue:

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Good Luck Bulls!

buff4life
09-05-2008, 05:18 PM

dude..whatever your on...please give me some because i can sell that for good money in Austin...

but anyway in response to your i can't say ignorance but pretty much close to it as possible...i've said they have good kolaches and that some people from there, definitely not you, are very sociable and great people...you give it a sore eye...but back to whats important i DO NOT have an overboard Giddings homer attitude and i'm pretty sure everyone on here knows it, will i stick up for my town when goons like you try to disrespect it out of jealousy? YES but am i a realist and realize when something isn't right? YES again...

Am my name is perfect because i will always have pride for the school where i went and the town where i live/lived and will always defend its integrity against the likes of your stupid, malicious, and straight up retarded comments...and finally besides the fact i GUARANTEE you weren't warned about me before you joined this chatroom, but in any case you were i'm glad i'm getting some publicity that people fear my wrath so much and are that jealous of me...i guess that will help me sleep easier at night :D :D

buff4life
09-05-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm having some fun with this kid...

Necks_Fan
09-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
:dispntd: :tongue: Well, I guess I could live with one loss in the Brahmas schedule..... as long as it isn't a blow out. I like Navasota just as much.

I just forgot they had to go through ya'll before Sealy.:p

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Well, I guess I could live with one loss in the Brahmas schedule..... as long as it isn't a blow out. I like Navasota just as much.

4a Livinston will be a hard game to win, not saying Bellville cant do it, but if they lose, it will be to a legit much bigger team. Livinston is no cup cake.:D

Necks_Fan
09-05-2008, 05:40 PM
4a Livinston will be a hard game to win, not saying Bellville cant do it, but if they lose, it will be to a legit much bigger team. Livinston is no cup cake.:D Nah, I chose Livingston to win..... but my heart says the Brahmas pull it out.....

and even if they don't...... Ya'll will give them a hell of a game and more than they bargained for..... atleast you should. :)

- With all that "hype"

:devil: :devil:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Well, I guess I could live with one loss in the Brahmas schedule..... as long as it isn't a blow out. I like Navasota just as much.

Bellville will give Navasota all the rattlers want, and then some in the DQ game of the week. This will one of the best games of the year, and early in the season.

trg
09-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Nah, I chose Livingston to win..... but my heart says the Brahmas pull it out.....

and even if they don't...... Ya'll will give them a hell of a game and more than they bargained for..... atleast you should. :)
Well I guess your heart was right. Bulls won!!!!!

- With all that "hype"

:devil: :devil:

wimbo_pro
09-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Well???? Who won????

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Well???? Who won????

Bellville 26 to Livingston 22