PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: #21 Argyle vs. #47 Burkburnett

charlesrixey
09-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Region I vs. II

This week's pick 'em (my picks in CAPS)

Argyle can make a statement with this one, but Burkburnett could show the rest of region I that they could once again be a dark horse

ARGYLE @ Burkburnett
PARIS vs. Longview Pine Tree
ALVARADO @ Robinson
DALLAS MADISON @ Kennedale
PROSPER @ Farmersville

Send_the_House
09-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Burk over Argyle.

Dallas Madison way over Kennedale.

JR2004
09-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Burk over Argyle.

I'll go with the Region II team in Argyle. I won't pretend to know a whole lot about either school as my only reasoning is they are from Region II.

We should be able to score a good amount against Kennedale, but it remains to be seen how our defense holds up until they get everything situated on that side of the ball. The sooner we get everyone out there the better. There is supposed to be some very, very big changes on the defensive side of the ball this week that I'm pretty excited about seeing happen.

charlesrixey
09-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'll go with the Region II team in Argyle. I won't pretend to know a whole lot about either school as my only reasoning is they are from Region II.

We should be able to score a good amount against Kennedale, but it remains to be seen how our defense holds up until they get everything situated on that side of the ball. The sooner we get everyone out there the better. There is supposed to be some very, very big changes on the defensive side of the ball this week that I'm pretty excited about seeing happen.

my feelings exactly about madison

honestly, it may be an exciting game, but that doesn't really favor madison in this one (if it goes back and forth like last week)

charlesrixey
09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Argyle is replacing their QB, but they have several very good position players returning to a good offense scheme. I think a lot of people are underestimating argyle, especially in relation to placing them 3rd in district 9-3A behind Celina and Prosper. Argyle has been a much more consistent team in the past few years (and more accomplished) and i currently believe they have as good a case as anyone else for being the no. 2 in the region.

(although prosper did look very sharp this week, and both paris teams and both texarkana teams look pretty good so far)

gobbler grad
09-02-2008, 08:12 PM
who knows ...:thinking: probably Argyle

waterboy
09-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Argyle @ BURKBURNETT
Paris vs. LONGVIEW PINE TREE
ALVARADO @ Robinson
Dallas Madison @ KENNEDALE
PROSPER @ Farmersville

garciap77
09-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Burk over Argyle.

:iagree:

firstdown
09-04-2008, 08:20 AM
ARGYLE
PARIS
ALVARADO
KENNEDALE
PROSPER

Dominicfrank
09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Burkburnett wins if they can run the ball better than they did in their first game.

JR2004
09-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Argyle
Paris
Alvarado
Madison
Prosper

WylieBulldog92
09-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm going with the Burk!

JR2004
09-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
my feelings exactly about madison

honestly, it may be an exciting game, but that doesn't really favor madison in this one (if it goes back and forth like last week)

Well we owe Kennedale a little payback. We did shut them out 26-0 in 2005, but when we went over there in 2004 they beat us 21-7. We should win this game and our defense should perform much better with the kids they are going to allow to play defense now as well as a few new kids hopefully being eligible to play this week. At least I hope things will go better defensively. We're going to be able to score on anyone we play in the regular season. I'd be shocked if we don't average at least 45 a game during the regular season. Our offense is the best we've had over the last five years, but our success is always tied to our defense. This year is no exception. If they don't get it figured out we go one and done again in the playoffs instead of two and done. :)