PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Radio Broadcast

wimbo_pro
09-01-2008, 08:16 AM
To the guys calling the LH games on the radio/internet....

Good job guys. I couldnt make Wimberleys game, so I logged on the net and listened to what ended up being a great game to listen to (most of LH's games are a little boring to listen to due to the butt whipping they tend to levy on the opponent). I sure couldnt do what you guys do, so dont lose the excitement you bring to it.

As far as the "homer" aspect of your calling...well...YEAH!!!...you are LH supporters!! Of course this is to be expected. If other teams dont like that, then they can broadcast their own games.

If I had one suggestion to you guys, it would be this...when you start to get excited (which you did quite often in this last game), dont "lean in" to the mics. Your voice obviously gets louder and more excited, so the volume goes up. Then, by leaning in to the mic, you become distorted to us on this end...to the point that we can barely understand you. And just at the moment WE are leaning in to hear whats going on!!! Overload!!!! It can be frustrating for us listeners.

Also, during the breaks, the commercials come in VERY weak and you can barely hear them. Not that I want to listen to commercials, I just thought your sponsors would want their ads to be heard.

Again, you guys do a good job...I wish we had guys to broadcast our games.

espn1
09-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
To the guys calling the LH games on the radio/internet....

Good job guys. I couldnt make Wimberleys game, so I logged on the net and listened to what ended up being a great game to listen to (most of LH's games are a little boring to listen to due to the butt whipping they tend to levy on the opponent). I sure couldnt do what you guys do, so dont lose the excitement you bring to it.

As far as the "homer" aspect of your calling...well...YEAH!!!...you are LH supporters!! Of course this is to be expected. If other teams dont like that, then they can broadcast their own games.

If I had one suggestion to you guys, it would be this...when you start to get excited (which you did quite often in this last game), dont "lean in" to the mics. Your voice obviously gets louder and more excited, so the volume goes up. Then, by leaning in to the mic, you become distorted to us on this end...to the point that we can barely understand you. Overload!!!!

Also, during the breaks, the commercials come in VERY weak and you can barely hear them. Not that I want to listen to commercials, I just thought your sponsors would want their ads to be heard.

Again, you guys do a good job...I wish we had guys to broadcast our games.

Ditto! The Lake Travis audio was much better for some reason??

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Ditto! The Lake Travis audio was much better for some reason?? Maybe LT had a booth to broadcast from?

wimbo_pro
09-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe LT had a booth to broadcast from?

Really?? They are outside broadcasting???

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Really?? They are outside broadcasting???
Yes. There was a platform about 6 or so rows behind me (I sit kind of high). I'm sure my bell was loud and clear for those of you listening. :D

wimbo_pro
09-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Yes. There was a platform about 6 or so rows behind me (I sit kind of high). I'm sure my bell was loud and clear for those of you listening. :D

THAT WAS YOU???? For the love of all that is football....sit somewhere else!!!

espn1
09-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Maybe LT had a booth to broadcast from? I'm sure that could make a difference. I heard the announcers yelling in the background, we need more cowbell!