PDA

View Full Version : New 13-3A including the Gilmer Buckeyes

Buckeye80
02-06-2004, 04:13 PM
When I first saw the teams, it looked like we would be the largest (D1) school, but apparently the numbers have changed significantly over the past two years.
Gladewater is now the largest school in the district followed closely by Pittsburg and Gilmer. Sabine and Mineola round out the enrollment numbers respectfully.
My only comment about this version of re-alignment is, "Thank God this happened this year! Let's face it. The Buckeyes are losing 17 starters from the 13-1 team this past year and are probably looking to rebuild a little. This district seems pretty conducive to a team that is rebuilding.
So, though we are probably not poised for another run at State, we should have a decent year. The non-district schedule as of now is:
Pine Tree (4A)
Paris (4A)
Lindale
Texarkana Pleasant Grove
Jefferson
Daingerfield

Maybe Coach Traylor decided to take a page out of Atlanta's playbook this year, and schedule some really good teams for the non-district part of the schedule. Hey, it can only help! Who really cares about the record? I'm sure the Atlanta Rabbits don't care about a 12-4 State Championship!

Gilmer Buckeye
02-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Traylor must be living right. Another district title is just about already in the bag. It's there for the taking anyhow, if Gilmer wants it bad enough, and usually Traylor-coached teams do.

And we lose just enough students to drop below Gladewater in enrollment after having had about 100 more than they did last time around. Is God good or what?

The predistrict schedule is relatively brutal. Week Zero on Friday night, Aug. 27, will be against Pine Tree at Rose Stadium as part of the 3-day Rose Kickoff Classic which begins on Thursday night. Another strange venue will be the SATURDAY MORNING game against Paris at Mount Pleasant's Sam Parker Field.

We are going to have only three games at Buckeye Stadium in 2004. Better make sure you have good transportation.

Buckeye80
02-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Gilmer Buckeye:
Traylor must be living right. Another district title is just about already in the bag. It's there for the taking anyhow, if Gilmer wants it bad enough, and usually Traylor-coached teams do.

And we lose just enough students to drop below Gladewater in enrollment after having had about 100 more than they did last time around. Is God good or what?

The predistrict schedule is relatively brutal. Week Zero on Friday night, Aug. 27, will be against Pine Tree at Rose Stadium as part of the 3-day Rose Kickoff Classic which begins on Thursday night. Another strange venue will be the SATURDAY MORNING game against Paris at Mount Pleasant's Sam Parker Field.

We are going to have only three games at Buckeye Stadium in 2004. Better make sure you have good transportation.But wouldn't you agree that the travel is a "crap load" better than last year. No more Emory or Mt. Vernon; our farthest district game is Mineola, a mere 45 miles.
And what is the deal with Pine Tree refusing to play in Gilmer? They played here two years ago and won. Is it just a pride thing, or are they jealous that we are a smaller school with a better stadium? :D
Buckeye, go to the Reg II predictions thread and post your predictions. I'm anxious to see what another Reg II'er thinks.

Rabbit'93
02-06-2004, 07:40 PM
I bet the buckeye will be just fine.