Whoopi you beat a 2a school who is down. Congrats

.... to be expected from a Giddings fan

sabre1
08-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Good one

maestro
08-31-2008, 09:09 AM
smithville at wharton this week.

the Tigers came within a missed extra point kick of upsetting rice...

zebrablue2
08-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by nunya
Smithville 34, Lexington 7

All Hail to the Mighty Tigers

:-)

I would not use the word arrived in a victory over 2a Lexington. It will be a long season for the mighty tigers once district starts. I am happy to see them get a win. That program has many 1-9 and 0-10 seasons. Maybe they can be competetive this year. Would be great to see.. Good win for Smithville, and congrats...

nunya
08-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I would not use the word arrived in a victory over 2a Lexington. It will be a long season for the mighty tigers once district starts. I am happy to see them get a win. That program has many 1-9 and 0-10 seasons. Maybe they can be competetive this year. Would be great to see.. Good win for Smithville, and congrats...

To give credit to a program used to getting its a** handed to them annually by 40 or more points, I don't think it's THAT much of a stretch to say they've arrived. I don't recall mentioning a state title hunt in my comment. Chill.

HEMOTOXIC
08-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Congrats Smithville!!

Buffgal
08-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Congrat's Tigers.

I recall reading that 2A Lexington was picked as a Top 10 team so I don't think they are down this year.

Give a lot of credit to Smithville. Saw this group of kids as freshman/sophomores, they were tough and talented. Go ahead and take them lightly and you will come away with a loss in district play.

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Congrat's Tigers.

I recall reading that 2A Lexington was picked as a Top 10 team so I don't think they are down this year.

Give a lot of credit to Smithville. Saw this group of kids as freshman/sophomores, they were tough and talented. Go ahead and take them lightly and you will come away with a loss in district play.

They looked pretty good to me last year. If they didn't have so many players playing both ways, they would have been a lot more competitive last year. Talent was there, but depth was shallow.

ProudHornetMom
08-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Congratulations Smithville. They've had athletes that we all knew if it every gelled, they'd be very competative. My understanding is that Lexington was ranked #5 in 2A.

HEMOTOXIC
08-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Congratulations Smithville. They've had athletes that we all knew if it every gelled, they'd be very competative. My understanding is that Lexington was ranked #5 in 2A.

I don't think that Lexington is ranked but traditionally they have a good program.

buff4life
08-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom

Lexington wasn't ranked in any poll in 2A, they were ranked in the AAS power poll for small school things, but yes it will be a down year for lexington, they might still make the playoffs, but they will not be the contender they are used to being

scotty
08-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Is any of the Austin growth getting out to the Smithville area? Just wondering if the same thing may be developing in Smithville that we saw in Liberty Hill, Hutto and some of those other areas. Or are they still too far out?

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Is any of the Austin growth getting out to the Smithville area? Just wondering if the same thing may be developing in Smithville that we saw in Liberty Hill, Hutto and some of those other areas. Or are they still too far out?

There is some development, but they are still pretty far away. I know Smithville will grow someday, but they are kind of like us in Navasota, where we are surrounded by College Station ISD, Montgomery ISD, Magnolia ISD, and Waller ISD, which are all experiencing booming growth, but our enrollment is stagnant right now. You know the growth is on our doorstep, because there are huge subdivisions in the southeast part of our district being built up (Crown Ranch, StoneBridge, Saddle Creek Ranch) that will have thousands of high dollar homes, but the economy has slowed down enough right now that people are staying put until it is on an upswing.

HEMOTOXIC
08-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
There is some development, but they are still pretty far away. I know Smithville will grow someday, but they are kind of like us in Navasota, where we are surrounded by College Station ISD, Montgomery ISD, Magnolia ISD, and Waller ISD, which are all experiencing booming growth, but our enrollment is stagnant right now. You know the growth is on our doorstep, because there are huge subdivisions in the southeast part of our district being built up (Crown Ranch, StoneBridge, Saddle Creek Ranch) that will have thousands of high dollar homes, but the economy has slowed down enough right now that people are staying put until it is on an upswing.

Its all a matter of time for Navasota ISD.

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, they have already been looking at land for a second high school and junior high in the Plantersville/Todd Mission area of the district. That is at least 10 years from happening though. That will be about the time that the 249 freeway will be finished. I'm stopping now, because poor Smithville even gets their football threads hijacked, apparently.:devil: :D

Pudlugger
09-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Good win Smithville. Nice start for the season too.:)

jrhernandez7
09-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Smithville looked very good against lexington, speed speed speed seems to be the concept for this year, alot of speed on both sides of the ball, not to much size but didnt seem to be a problem agianst lexington who had a couple of good sized lineman on both sized of the ball. lots of enthusiasm from start of game to the end. its gona be hard for them to get a playoff spot in my opinion but its just 0 week and alot of football to play so lets see what happens, coach realy has done a great job keeping this group of kids together belive back to back 9-1 freshman and jv seasons i think