PDA

View Full Version : Decatur 45- Madison 42

JR2004
08-31-2008, 12:41 AM
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?propertyId=1&schoolId=0&sportId=3&m=8&y=2008&infoType=boxScore&eventId=157668

Looking at the boxscore for me just makes it more comical that we stopped running the football while Decatur's coaches just kept running it. I wish we had done the same, but oh well.

Decatur has a pretty good QB. He kept a lot of plays alive with his feet. They should make the playoffs in their district. I'm sticking with my 5-5 3rd place in district prediction for us. We probably should've scored a couple more times tonight, but that's how it goes. We're going to have to score around 50 fairly often to win games this year if we have to start three back-up defensive linemen again.

Tonight was probably the most embarrassed I've ever been to be a Madison fan. We had our head coach and a fan get into an argument in the 4th quarter. It's good to know that in a close game our head coach is more worried about what some idiot fan is saying instead of what is happening on the field. I think the worst thing was that other fans started laughing at our head coach. Not a good thing to see at all. That whole situation should've been handled after the game, not during it. Only at Madison do you get wonderful moments such as that.

bobcat1
08-31-2008, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?propertyId=1&schoolId=0&sportId=3&m=8&y=2008&infoType=boxScore&eventId=157668

Looking at the boxscore for me just makes it more comical that we stopped running the football while Decatur's coaches just kept running it. I wish we had done the same, but oh well.

I'm sticking with my 5-5 3rd place in district prediction for us. We probably should've scored a couple more times tonight, but that's how it goes. We're going to have to score around 50 fairly often to win games this year if we have to start three back-up defensive linemen again.
Here come the excuses again.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pick6
08-31-2008, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bobcat1
Here come the excuses again.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/QUOTE

Where are the excuses? Or the better question is why are you so childish about all his post?

rangerjim
08-31-2008, 08:55 AM
JR is right - Madison was running all over Decatur in the first half and then got away from it in the 2nd. They have a huge offensive line and don't know if they got tired or not. Still Madison was fast at running back and very fast on the d- corners.

Decatur made many unchararacteristic errors in this game - botched grounding attempt returned for TD, allowing a 50yard bomb with 3 seconds left in the 1st half, and a couple of dumb penalties. The Eagles are young and Coach Story will coach that out of them. In the end, Decatur just wore out the Madison D with their inside running game. As far as play-offs? New division is gonna be tough. Still 5 weeks till division play - time to work ou the bugs. Eagles showed heart though

On the coach thing, I did see the Madison Coach throwing a tantrum with the ref's, flailing arms - throwing hat - wasn't pretty. Never did see the fan thing. Good luck this season JR.

bobcat1
08-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bobcat1
Here come the excuses again.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/QUOTE

Where are the excuses? Or the better question is why are you so childish about all his post?

Back up defensive lineman. "We're going to have to score around 50 fairly often to win games this year if we have to start three back-up defensive linemen again."

"we stopped running the football while Decatur's coaches just kept running it. I wish we had done the same, but oh well. "

I suspect Decatur's O-Line wore them out and their D-Line stopped the running game. He Could've credited Decatur's coaches for half time adjustments. Maybe Decatur was a better conditioned ball club ready to play 4 quarters.

:D

JR2004
09-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
JR is right - Madison was running all over Decatur in the first half and then got away from it in the 2nd. They have a huge offensive line and don't know if they got tired or not. Still Madison was fast at running back and very fast on the d- corners.

Decatur made many unchararacteristic errors in this game - botched grounding attempt returned for TD, allowing a 50yard bomb with 3 seconds left in the 1st half, and a couple of dumb penalties. The Eagles are young and Coach Story will coach that out of them. In the end, Decatur just wore out the Madison D with their inside running game. As far as play-offs? New division is gonna be tough. Still 5 weeks till division play - time to work ou the bugs. Eagles showed heart though

On the coach thing, I did see the Madison Coach throwing a tantrum with the ref's, flailing arms - throwing hat - wasn't pretty. Never did see the fan thing. Good luck this season JR.

The first half I believe we had 157 yards on the ground. We stopped running the ball in the 2nd half (No clue why because we sure weren't tired seeing as how we ran just 45 plays on offense the entire night.) and finished with 166 on the ground (-23 on QB sacks). It was disappointing (but not surprising) to see our two D1 backs wind up with 12 carries between the two of them. I must admit to being envious of seeing a team hand the ball to their RB 42 times. I could live to be a 100 and I'll never see Madison do that.

I was very impressed by Decatur's offensive coordinator. He saw that our D-line was getting rolled and from about the 2nd quarter on he never went away from exploiting our weakness. 59 carries and 83 offensive plays total is one heck of a night for an offense on the high school level. Honestly I'll be surprised to see y'all finish lower than 2nd in district. Your backfield is pretty darn good and that QB is probably going to be around 3000 yards this season.

I agree with you on the uncharacteristic errors for Decatur. The personal foul on our sideline was pretty obvious, but it was pretty funny watching #15 talk a little with our fans after that penalty. It was good natured though. The attempted grounding was more of a fluke than anything as our linemen was as surprised as anyone when he picked it up and found out the play wasn't dead....lol. I'll bet that from now on you'll see your DB's bat down those hail mary throws. It's hard though for young players to want to turn down a shot at an INT. They'll learn though. Just have them watch Tom Jackson on Sunday night with Chris Berman. He'll tell them what to do. :) Y'all have a very, very well coached team.

Our head coach acted foolish arguing with one of our own fans. That was just childish crap from both of them as well as the other fans who taunted our own coach. Like him or not folks should air that stuff out somewhere else besides during the middle of a game. He usually doesn't say much to the officials though. He usually just rolls with whatever they call so I was surprised to see him get mad on a couple of calls. He was justified on one, but the others he should've just let it go.

The only thing I can say for that officiating crew is it'd be nice for the umpire to get in synch with the clock operator. Several times in that game the clock stopped on runs that weren't first downs or out of bounds situations. It was pretty comical watching that. I was actually surprised we only had 62 yards in penalties on the 10 we got. That means to me we've cut way down on holding penalties and that it's just stuff like offsides or false starts we have to fix. So much better than the last four years where we had around 120 penalty yards per game.

Good luck to your Eagles RangerJim, although I don't think y'all will need it. I'll be rooting for y'all to do well this season and I look forward to another high scoring shoot-out next year!