PDA

View Full Version : Hutto Wins 1st Game In 4A!!!

ILS1
08-30-2008, 11:49 PM
A gutsy 4th down and 5 for Hutto from LBJ 16. Hippos score TD. Hippos win 29-25. Game went back and forth in the 2nd Half. Hutto went up 22-18 in the 4th. 2 critical 4th down pass interference calls go against the Hippos on LBJ's next drive. LBJ then scores to take the lead 25-22. Hutto drives the length of field all the way to the LBJ 16 with about :59 secs left. Hutto actually lined up to kick a FG to tie the game. LBJ called a time out because they weren't sure what Hutto was gonna do. During the time out, Hutto decided to go for it. Devin Carver scores from 16 yards out on an option!!! LBJ has talent. Kerry Hayter is a stud!!! LBJ's QB is a stud as well and has a great arm. If their WR's would just hang on to the ball they would be just about unstoppable. They just lack a little discipline and they would be really DANGEROUS!!!! A couple of dumb penalties. 3 of LBJ's TD's were long bombs of about 64,72 and 77 yards!!! Hutto's pass defense needs some work. Their run defense was outstanding. Offensively, the line was blowing up huge holes. Then LBJ started putting 10 and 11 men in the box to try and slow them down. Then Hutto started to run the option and stretching the defense out. Great game and win for the Hippos!! 1st win in 4A!!!

:D :D :D

ILS1
08-31-2008, 08:02 AM
ROUND ROCK — Hutto showed it's serious about its move from Class 3A to Class 4A, scoring 21 second-half points Saturday night to upset LBJ 29-25 at the Round Rock ISD Stadium.

Hippos running back Devin Carver rushed for 190 yards and scored the game-winning touchdown on a fourth down-and-5 from the Jaguars' 16-yard line.

Carver, who gained 138 yards on 10 first-half carries, also scored on a 71-yard burst in the first quarter.

Hutto lined up to attempt a tying field goal with less than a minute to play in the game, but after timeouts by both teams, Hippos coach Lee Penland elected to go for the win.

Hutto ran an option left, with Carver taking the pitch and racing to the end zone.

Devarus Wright of LBJ fired three touchdown passes and completed 11 of 29 throws for 283 yards.

His scoring passes of 55 yards to Anthony Delgado and 31 yards to Elijah Cash gave the Jaguars a 12-8 halftime lead.

LBJ fumbled the opening kickoff of the second half, setting up a touchdown drive by Hutto. Jacob Dominguez scored on a 3-yard run and Michael Cottingham converted the extra point to make it 15-12.

Hutto increased its lead to 22-12 when quarterback Ryan Naivar raced 29 yards on an option play and Cottingham added the extra point.

After Wright found Jeremy Moore open deep on a 77-yard scoring play, the Jaguars went ahead in the fourth quarter. Edwin Middleton scored on a 9-yard run, and Jeron Fowler's kick gave LBJ a 25-22 lead with 5:17 to play.

Moore had five receptions for 150 yards while Delgado finished with three grabs for 85 yards.

AAS Link (www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/08/31/0831lbj.html)

HippoBaseball05
08-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Even though I no longer have a kid in school, it was still one of the most exciting games I have seen the past 5 years.

I was behind the goalpost to retrieve the FG with about a minute left when LBJ tries to ice our kicker. Hutto comes back out to attempt the tying FG, ( so I thought) and then Ryan gets under the center instead of getting set to hold the FG.

I was like "What in the Hell.....?" Then they ran option left and like you said, Devin took it to the house. Doofus almost ran me over as he went out the back of the end zone. Then I was almost killed by the entire 'O' line as they ran to congratulate him.

:D

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2008, 08:27 PM
ILS, I tried to reply to you last night, but lost service just as I hit "send". Congrats to the Hippos! :)