Appears to be not as good as the hype

R3Editor
08-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Appears to be not as good as the hype
NM

RMAC
08-30-2008, 11:50 PM
I was at the game and we played 100% on both sides of the ball the first quarter, then put it in first gear. We should've hung 40 on them in the first half. I really felt that if we don't get the penalty on 3rd down when E.W. had it inside the 10 then they only get 3 but with the fresh set of downs it hurt our D. All in all it was a little under what I expected but not below par. Just a new team with their first game getting used to going full speed. It was encouraging to finally see some gang-tackles on the defensive side of the ball though and I feel we will improve moving to next week. But yes, I do think our D has been a little over-hyped going into this season with McNeil as the DC, but he is much better than the former.

maestro
08-31-2008, 09:13 AM
GOBLUE....i'd read your posts just for the megan fox pictures....

bobcat1
08-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by maestro
GOBLUE....i'd read your posts just for the megan fox pictures.... :ditto: :iagree: :fnypost:

STANG RED
08-31-2008, 10:24 AM
The Tech D is and will be much improved from what we have seen in years past, but this is the first year any imphasis has been placed on it so you have to give it some time to come together completely. It'll get there eventually, but right now it is a work in progress.

WildTexan972
08-31-2008, 05:44 PM
in the 1st Qtr the defense held EW to no 1st downs and after 3 possessions EW had about 3 yds of offense, then the backups started rotating in and the defense went to the crapper....

just the 1st game....so as long as they win it don't matter what else happens...