PDA

View Full Version : Sinton area getting a wind farm soon

STANG RED
08-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Actually it will be outside of Taft somewhere, But Sinton should see lots of benefits from it. The project will have 123 turbines I think, and will be starting around November 1. I'll probobly be down there through most of October getting things mobilized and set up.

So who from Sinton volunteers to show me around and intoduce me to the folks I need to know? I'll need to know where all the electical supply houses, hardware stores, lumber yards, etc.... are located, where I can get some accounts set up and start spending money. We also like to get involved with the communities as much as possible and spread some good PR, so I'd really like to meet some of the civic and community leaders soon after I get there, if someone could help me out with that.

Also, if you know some healthy young men and/or ladies that arent alergic to hard work that is rewarded with a dang good paycheck, and the oppertunity for lots of overtime and an even bigger paycheck, send them my way. And if thay're willing to stick with it and travel, they can be making some SERIOUS money in just a couple years. People scared of heights and hard work need not apply.:D

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Awesome. There are some good people down that way. Watch out for the local law around those parts though, they're a bit shady. :D

STANG RED
08-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Awesome. There are some good people down that way. Watch out for the local law around those parts though, they're a bit shady. :D

I'm fully prepared to contribute to the policemans ball as soon as I hit town.:D

pirate4state
08-31-2008, 01:39 AM
I work for the City Attorney. ;) I know all the coaches, the chamber is right next door and my cousin is the County Clerk. :D

How may I help you? :nerd:

STANG RED
08-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I work for the City Attorney. ;) I know all the coaches, the chamber is right next door and my cousin is the County Clerk. :D

How may I help you? :nerd:

Thanks a bunch! I'll contact you about it as soon as I know when I'll be there for sure. Maybe we can get together for lunch and put together a plan of attack. In the mean time, start spreading the word to all the merchants to get geared up and ready for an economic boom like they have never seen before. Those who see it early enough and get prepared for it will be the ones who will benefit the most. And anyone planning to visit that area over the next year had better get their reservations in now, because all rooms and rental properties will be gobbled up by December or January and will stay that way for at least 6 months. And I know more wind farms are in the planning for that entire region, so this could go on for many years, as we have seen around Sweetwater. We are in our 6th year of it now, and there are no signs of it slowing down anytime soon. Just spreading out a little farther is all.

Roscoe, Snyder and up to Lubbock, Big Spring, Midland, Odessa, and Colorado City are getting good doses of it now, and practically the entire Panhandle region is about to explode with wind farms. Especially around the Pampa area within the next couple of years.

sinfan75
08-31-2008, 11:01 AM
The company I work for bid on the road work on that project. we're keeping our fingers crossed. If we are awarded the job we're set to by 10 more belly dumps.

STANG RED
08-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
The company I work for bid on the road work on that project. we're keeping our fingers crossed. If we are awarded the job we're set to by 10 more belly dumps.

Send me all your company info. I very well may be in need of some civil work as well. I know for sure we will be building a new sub-station and will be needing a pad for it. We also may have to have some select backfill materials quarried, hauled, and dumped for us. End dumps work best for this though. Do yall have any of those? 15 yard variety is perfect. The little 5 yard dump trucks are a waste of time.
By the way, site roads are always a major issue on these projects, and they never bring you guys in early enough. Basically you will already be a month behind the first day yall hit the site. And it will be balls to the walls till the last day yall are there.

Are there any good equipment rental places in Sinton, or should I plan on having to get most of what I need out of Corpus? I'll be needing 10K lb. all terrain fork lifts, backhoes, trackhoes, air compressors, 30 ton crane, etc etc etc...

I'll also be needing a good road boring contractor down there. Any recommendations? I have plenty I can bring in, but would rather use a local if I can find one.

sinton66
09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Lumber and Hardware stores are in Aransas Pass (Lowe's) or Five Points in western Corpus (Home Depot). There is a True Value on main street in Sinton, but no lumber companies anymore.

pirate4state
10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Are you still headed our way?

sinton66
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Are there any good equipment rental places in Sinton, or should I plan on having to get most of what I need out of Corpus? I'll be needing 10K lb. all terrain fork lifts, backhoes, trackhoes, air compressors, 30 ton crane, etc etc etc...

Tennessee Pipeline in Sinton has a lot of heavy equipment. Next best bet is Corpus.

pirate4state
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Tennessee Pipeline in Sinton has a lot of heavy equipment. Next best bet is Corpus. So does Rodriguez Backhoe/Advanced Pipeline.

What does LaCopa do? Then there is also Tracker Services.

sinton66
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
La Copa is mostly trucking, I think.

Chillimaru
10-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Advance Pipeline and LaCopa both have directional boring machines i heard today this thing is going in at whitepoint is this correct

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
aww man, for a minute, I thought that the thread title meant Gsquared and PPHSfan were both moving to Sinton...

sinton66
10-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
Advance Pipeline and LaCopa both have directional boring machines i heard today this thing is going in at whitepoint is this correct

Yes, that's what I was told also. Whitepoint it is.

sinton66
10-02-2008, 09:43 AM
There's a company in Sinton called Industrial Site Services that has some heavy equipment/backhoes/etc. also.

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
Advance Pipeline and LaCopa both have directional boring machines i heard today this thing is going in at whitepoint is this correct What's a directional boring machine?

My uncle works for Advanced Pipeline.

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
There's a company in Sinton called Industrial Site Services that has some heavy equipment/backhoes/etc. also. :doh: How could I forget about them. LOL

sinfan75
10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
La Copa is mostly trucking, I think. La Copa is an oilfield construction company, same as Advanced Pipeline and Tennessee. Advanced is the only company in sinton with boring machines which directional drill under roads,houses etc. to run casing for pipelines or whatever else needs to go under structures. And yes I do work for La Copa and we do have several trucks, dozers, backhoes,trackhoes,and maintainers and rollers. Ok enough advertising.:D

sinfan75
10-03-2008, 09:35 AM
oh and we're already on the venders list for civil work for the wind farm. NOW I'm through advertising.:p

sinton66
10-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
NOW I'm through advertising.:p

Where do I send our bill?:D