PDA

View Full Version : Giddings

EX_QB
09-15-2002, 09:19 PM
I have a feeling that oldbuff was right when he posted last season that this years season for the Buffs was gonna be a 5-5 team. After watching the way they played against Columbus, I have a feeling that it might be 4-6. Why wasn't Degerolami suited up?? And why did the put in Alexzander in at QB there for awhile?? Personally I don't think he has the accuracy or precision to be a QB. Move him back to RB.

Srs. o4
09-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Dude, stop knockin on us. We are like a diamond in the rough this year, and plus its not easy to forget everyplay that you have learned the past 2 years, and learn a whole new play book. We will get better as the season progresses, and our offense has yet to click all at one time. So just lay off us awhile stop worrying about us, and worry bout you. Who are you anyways?? You have yet to answer that question.

bigcat8
09-16-2002, 11:18 AM
Giddings will improve greatly from week to week...

buffalo booster
09-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Matt DeGerolami has a torn MCL and could not play. Understand he is week-to-week but could be ready to play against Yoakum this Friday.

I agree that the Buffs will be improving over the next few weeks. We lost the first two to faily decent football teams (Columbus is 3-0 and Rockdale beat Elgin last week). In both games, we made a few mistakes that cost us. Once we get healthy (Jonathan Lehmann was also out with a shoulder injury), we should do alright.

keep_it_real
09-16-2002, 03:29 PM
Giddings should improve by district. They have a tough road ahead of them though.

darkodude
09-16-2002, 06:24 PM
Giddings is staring at 2-8 at best. Lineman cannot run block from a standing 2-point stance. Somebody needs to quit using the Little League baseball signals and get in a huddle and call a play. They could probably run twice as many plays if they did.

eye of the tiger
09-16-2002, 06:31 PM
I think Giddings will do allright this year. It is still early.

Super_Fan
09-16-2002, 10:26 PM
The Buffaloe's have a good D. I don't see them in the post season with there tough district.

rt04
09-16-2002, 10:35 PM
Giddings doesnt look to good right now at all. Its kinda hard I think to compare them at all to last year's team. I think 3-7 at best....sorry Buffs, i am pulling for ya though.

FB_GURU
09-17-2002, 09:37 AM
HEY EVERYONE OLD BUFF IS BACK. Look darkodude for some reason you have a huge chip on your shoulders about the coaching staff in Giddings. Why don't you give these guys a chance, they have had several key injuries and lost close games to two good teams. Now I know several of the coaches and they will do fine. Look I know you are old buff and I know who you are,so take a warning and give it a break, or names will start coming out, which is probably not good since you are supposed to be such a fine educator at Giddigns.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat.'

maskedassassin
09-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Hey FB_Guru we are all about going public with names here. You say you know who old buff is? I'm not so sure, many have tried but none have pinned him down. You say he is an educator in Giddings? Must be a bitter ex-coach. If not why in the world would he be trying to tear down a program by criticizing coaches?

FB_GURU
09-17-2002, 12:47 PM
Masked,

You are right about many things, except for one thing. I do know. Other than that you hit the nail on the head.

duke_nukem
09-17-2002, 12:58 PM
darkodude, You say you can't run block from a two point stance and you need to huddle? Maybe you should call Coach Harrell up here at Ennis, he has tried it and translated into state championships from a team that used to be a bottom feeder. If that is not enough try Stephenville or SL Carroll or any other of the teams that have had success with this offense. Another question, have you talked to the coaches to find out why they are going to this offense. Maybe you should take your playbook with blocking schemes, alignments, rules, etc. and sit down with them to show them what they should be doing. Or better yet, the next time the job comes open why don't you apply for it so you can do things the way you want. Who knows, being the expert that you are maybe you will break GA's record. If not I suggest that you get up to date on your football. Do you ever wonder why coaches such as Paterno and Holtz have gone to this offense after years of doing it another way? Maybe because it actually works.

SuperScout
09-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Subject: Who is OldBUff?
I am a former coach and now teach in the distict. I was introduced to this web-site by another former Giddings coach that no longer is in the area back in the Spring. He was searching to find out who oldbuff is too. I can't tell you who oldbuff is, but I can tell you who it isn't. It's definetly NOT THIS former-coach and teacher. I have even been asked by someone if I was oldbuff, and of course, I'm NOT! I check this web-site DAILY, because I find it interesting to listen to what others are saying. It's a good discussion forum. However, it seems that FB Guru and Lou (and come on guys, your probably GHS coaches are you wouldn't be so fired up about all of oldbuffs comments), are trying to pin ME down as the culprit. (With examples of Little League baseball and teacher fitting my description as well.) Guys, if you were smart, you would go back and check ALL of OldBuffs former posts. This I can tell you for sure, because former coaches wondered who he was too: 1.) He probably doesn't work in the district 2.) AND THIS IS BIG: he posts at all hours of the NIGHT, including 2 A.M. and 5 A.M. in the past - well and this is BIG - he would HAVE to have a computer at HOME - (which I don't)! 3.) He claims to have played at U.T. and been in bowl games. 4.) He knows WAY too much about high school football across the whole state, including former coaches 5.) He claims to have retired last year (after 20 years), and that seems to fit many of his past posts! (As for me, I got out of coaching in 1997 - so you can probably figure me out, and that's o.k. - as I am not who you are looking for!) So, I think your way-off on your assumptions! It is interesting, he's made a ton of posts in the past, and he's hard to pin down. As, I have read many of them myself. I DISAGREE with many of his comments, while I can Agree with some of them. ***It is interesting that he has held his tongue during all of your persecution**** I have my own opinions on who it might be, and you know where I am, so come and ask me. We just might find out something together! AND - MOST IMPORTANTLY - I want to see the Buffaloes succeed this year! Good luck to the kids and coaches!
SuperScout (former GISD Coach)

buffalo booster
09-17-2002, 04:29 PM
I believe that I know who he is. And, at one time, I was going to "out" him. But, I figured that it really just doesn't matter...

I enjoy the anonymity that this forum provides. I would prefer that it stays that way.

I have disagreed with oldbuff a number of times over the last year, and it looks like I will continue to do so.

The 2002 Buffaloes are young and inexperienced. They are trying to learn a new system from a new coaching staff. They have played poorly in their first two games and lost by ten points in each game to fairly good teams from Rockdale and Columbus.

I've still got faith that they will put it all together before their first district game. The kids need support and encouragement. The coaching staff needs a little support as well.

INOUNVME
09-17-2002, 10:16 PM
It has been a long time for me on this board. Scout, hope you remember who I am. Let me get started.

I was one who was once wondering who this oldbuff78 actually was. He was a slippery little fellow. Never did figure it out. Eventually, we all forgot about him because we figured him to be harmless.

If folks look back, the 2000 Buffaloes had their fair share of problems with a new staff also. Yes, they made the play-offs. But, how many remember the kicking that was received in Cameron? I for one will never forget it.

2001 was a special season. A perfect fit between coaches, kids, faculty, and community. Those kiddos would have been successful with many other coaching staffs. Luckily, I (that is a clue) got lucky to be a part of a great season.

Presently, the ugly head of opposition raises up in Giddings. I hope no one takes this to heart. Giddings has lots of support in and out of the community. There are great kids and a strong coaching staff. New coaches, don't let 'em get ya down, you got "friends" that know what you are going through. It takes time to gel. I hope that the season begins to turn in your favor soon. The new staff and kids deserve all the best. Keep your heads up and keep plugging away. Don't kid yourself, Coach Odell knows how to lead a ship too (another hint).

Good Luck Buffs. GATA

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Im not Old Buff.

Chris Hart
09-17-2002, 10:35 PM
lol at Eye of the Tiger.

2AKH
09-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Some people or very quick to get defensive when someone says something a little negative. So here is my take. I know who super scout is personnal and he aint oldbuff78. I tried to pin down oldbuff myself for a while. Some of you guys that think you know who he is, YOU ARE WRONG. Dont be a slappy and accuse someone b/c you think you are in the know. Besides sometimes the truth aint always nice. I believe in the kiddos in Buff land and know that they work their butts off the be successful. I also know that the coaches will and are doing the same. So dont be so quick to get your feelings hurt instead keep working be positive and watch the nay sayers have to eat crow.

2001GiddingsLB
09-19-2002, 01:14 AM
2001 was a great season for the buffs but people need to realize that Giddings has neither the talent pool nor the monetary funds to keep a long running successful program afloat. How many teams has Giddings had advance past the first round of playoffs since 51 about 4 or 5 I think so don't start saying immediately that its a shame they lost two games. As I recall in 2000 we lost 2 of our first 3 games and then in district we went 5-2 and got to the playoffs. Plus with Giddings weak district Hutto, Smithville, and Manor, they have a great chance to make playoffs all they have to do is win 3 games. Also, I don't really like the new system they installed but get off the coaches if they didn't want to win then they wouldn't practice. I hope Giddings can turn their season around and go 5-5. Go Buffs, GATA and get HAW!

mindy
09-19-2002, 04:53 PM
good teams win with discipline and tradition, year end and year out,this is much more important than true talent. there is plenty of talent at giddings right now. besides the cameron and yoakum game; this years schedule is by far the easiest one we have had in over two years (girls rule)

mindy
09-19-2002, 04:55 PM
coaches have to practice in giddings or they won't keep their job, giddings is a football community.

mindy
09-19-2002, 05:07 PM
this quote is strictly to put giddings back on top of the board where they belong. "girls rule"

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-20-2002, 11:59 AM
Again, I just wanted 2 wish the buffs good luck.

IveyOldschool02
09-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Talking about Coach Harrel and Ennis. I know the coaches at Ennis very well. They are great people and great coaches. The difference with their coaching, is for one they are great coaches and two, they have discipline in their program. Odell, "Slappy" has no discipline. Odell will go 3-7 at best. 4-6 if lucky. INOUNVME, its been a long time has it not? You know me very well, we talk every once in a while. Neways, im out.

IveyOldschool02
09-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Also, the 2000 Buffaloes beat Taylor, lost to Rockdale, beat Hearne, Manor, Caldwell, Lost to Cameron, and Then beat Elgin to make the playoffs with a 5-2 record. We never lost two district games in a role. In the Playoffs we lost to China Spring 35 to 9.

GoOrange
09-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Get your boots ready for Caldwell!

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:03 PM
where are you at inounvme

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:13 PM
where are you inounvme

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:16 PM
giddings should always be on top of the board

the strength of the eagle
09-21-2002, 09:41 PM
mindy

this is a new year, giddings is old news.
it is time for a new team to take the postion to be at the top of the board.
Newton has what it takes to be there with the defense, but the offense is slowing down. Coach Barbay and "O" needs to step it up a few notches in order to be there.

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:47 PM
coaching is an art and you better not live in the past, meaning that eventually you better get someone that can run a program that can truly relate to the kids. girls rule

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:51 PM
defense,,,,, you can't blitz every play and run up the field or eventually you will get taken advantage of..... i live with an old coach that has 30 years in the business that has taught me that... girls rule

mindy
09-21-2002, 10:32 PM
guess i'll go to bed and see what happens, no one else has anything to say on the sight.

IveyOldschool02
09-22-2002, 01:21 PM
When is Lehmann going to start playing again? I told that boy to sit out the game against Rockdale, but he just doesnt listen to an old'young fool.

tog
09-23-2002, 09:14 AM
"Matt DeGerolami has a torn MCL" who is that?, is he a good player? could he have helped against columbus, or yoakum? not hatin, just wondering, will he be back for cameron and caldwell coming up?

buffalo booster
09-23-2002, 09:27 AM
Matt was starting QB against Rockdale. Didn't play against Columbus. Played a little more than half the game against Yoakum. Kid has potential and could be good. Stats so far are not pretty. Don't know yet if he'll be playing at Cameron, or how much he'll play...