PDA

View Full Version : Gustav

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 09:43 PM
What the H-E-double hockey sticks is this storm gonna do? I'm sitting here debating whether I need to be getting ready to run from this thing. Guess I'll have a better idea of what, if anything I need to do in the morning. Anyone else getting things in order?

Necks_Fan
08-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
What the H-E-double hockey sticks is this storm gonna do? I'm sitting here debating whether I need to be getting ready to run from this thing. Guess I'll have a better idea of what, if anything I need to do in the morning. Anyone else getting things in order? I am..... debating whether to leave or not right now..... regardless.... we ARE boarding up the windows this afternoon.

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I am..... debating whether to leave or not right now..... regardless.... we ARE boarding up the windows this afternoon.

Looks like a small chance it will make landfall within 50 miles of Brazoria County. Be on the safe side sure, but I wouldn't worry too much about getting battered at this point.

Necks_Fan
08-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Looks like a small chance it will make landfall within 50 miles of Brazoria County. Be on the safe side sure, but I wouldn't worry too much about getting battered at this point. Yea. We are not boarding the windows.... or leaving. Matter of fact..... I was at the beach a lil while ago.... About 30 mph winds and light rain already.

ProudHornetMom
08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
I wonder if Gustav will affect games on Friday..from rain and flooding.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 07:19 PM
well it looks like we won't get the brunt of the storm, but I'm wondering how much rain we'll get in the next few days? Downtown Houston floods if someone takes a leak on a tree on Louisiana Street, much less a storm sitting on top of us. That ought to be interesting.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 08:15 PM
we just got a freak storm blow through the Needville/Guy area. Don't think it was associated w/ the hurricane, but it was more weather than we saw w/ Tropical Storm Eddie. Looked at the weather radar, and there was one small red spot on the radar that was sitting right on top of us, and the surrounding areas didn't have anything at all. Kinda scary. Was pretty intense!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/PreGustav2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/PreGustav1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/th_DSCN2021.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/?action=view&current=DSCN2021.flv)

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2008, 08:24 PM
We spent the night in a hotel in Plano last night. When we checked out this morning, there were LOTS of folks waiting for rooms. I don't know if all of them were, but quite a few were from NO and had evacuated to get out before it hit.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Yup...supposedly been a lot of em moving through here today. I will post a video of our little "pre-storm" here in a few mins when it finishes uploading.

lepfan
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
We have a nice little freak show going on in town with some of the less than normal evacuees. We left Logansport, LA yesterday and took backroads all the way home...I-49, Hwy 171, and some of the other major roads were packed. Gustav is going to go over the top of where my son lives. We are getting wind and rain right now...I can hear some things blowing around outside...

sinton66
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Be safe, Jill. We don't want to lose you. Good luck to your son too.;)

sinfan75
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Did you see that guy on WTC with the swimming goggles on? I couldn't help but laugh. He was talkin about everybody outside lookin the building across the street with roof pealing off but I swear they were all laughing at him.

IHStangFan
09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Did you see that guy on WTC with the swimming goggles on? I couldn't help but laugh. He was talkin about everybody outside lookin the building across the street with roof pealing off but I swear they were all laughing at him. LOL...yeah, my wife hollars at me "hon, come look at this guy w/ his goggles on". We both laughed.

lepfan
09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
My son laughed at me when I told him to get a life jacket and put in the truck with him...but I was serious...at least you have half a chance should something wild happen! He is in Logansport, LA....the town is on the Sabine River (I think that is the name of it)...whatever the name...he is just a stones throw from Texas.