PDA

View Full Version : A&M Fixing to get beat

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
A&M let Arkansas State get back in this one, and are probably fixing to lose. :mad:

R3Editor
08-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
A&M let Arkansas State get back in this one, and are probably fixing to lose. :mad:

I knew they had a long way to go, but dang.:(

Mike Goodson decent yardage and no ball control...

Penalties.....

Inexperience.....

And a whole season left to try and improve:thinking:

All hope is not lost. Arkansas State has a history of going to big name programs and giving them a good game lately.

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 08:58 PM
yeah, I didn't expect TOO much from this team the first week, but I figured they'd be able to win THIS one. You're right, young, new O, etc. I still think they will get it together and have a decent year, but this shakes my confidence a little.

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 09:00 PM
here we go.....McGee sacked.....

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 09:01 PM
we must not have a lot of faith in our WRs....as he keeps throwing to Goodson..........

BobcatBenny
08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
So much for A&M coming into the Tech game undefeated. :D

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
So much for A&M coming into the Tech game undefeated. :D that's no joke. DANG! All kinda upsets today.

coach
08-30-2008, 09:05 PM
int game over..im speechless

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by coach
int game over..im speechless they'll be alright, but definitely some kinks to work out. I'm wondering if Lane will actually get some carries at FB, also wondering why we didn't seem to go to our WRs more? Are they just not that good? If I were a coach fixing to play A&M in the coming weeks I'd take away from this game that if you key on Goodson, you shut down A&M. He had the bulk of the carries, they also threw to him alot. :doh:

gobbler grad
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Sherman era starts off ugly...:(

DDBooger
08-30-2008, 09:14 PM
man that sux, i thought Sherman would open up the offense a bit. sounds awfully Fran'ish. but I didn't watch the game, just going off IHS post:dispntd:

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
man that sux, i thought Sherman would open up the offense a bit. sounds awfully Fran'ish. but I didn't watch the game, just going off IHS post:dispntd: it was a bit reserved it sounded like. I listened to the game online. Didn't sound like he used much other than Goodson. VERY disappointing.

BobcatBenny
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I was talking with my brother the other day and he had an interesting theory on why A&M football never really lives up to the investment.

Benny's Brother's Theory on A&M Football:
Money is not the issue. It's the chicks. Until A&M lowers its admittance standards and gets a bunch of really good looking chicks, A&M will not get enough top tier athletes.

I'm sure the women on the board will find this sexist, but the truth is the truth. Chicks are most young guys motivation. :D

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I was talking with my brother the other day and he had an interesting theory on why A&M football never really lives up to the investment.

Money is not the issue. It's the chicks. Until A&M lowers its admittance standards and gets a bunch of really good looking chicks, A&M will not get enough top tier athletes.

I'm sure the women on the board will find this sexist, but the truth is the truth. Chicks are most young guys motivation. :D LOL...interesting theory, but man I have to disagree....I used to go to CS all the time when I was single and a little younger...and there were hot girls EVERYWHERE. The best of all time though I have to say was Univ. of Tenn. back in the late 90s. That place was NUTS!

ferilhog11
08-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I was at the game and I have to say I wasn't impressed at all. Mcgee looked like he had no idea what was going on and the defense was absolutely terrible. So much for getting rid of the bend but don't break attitude Fran gave us. It's going to be a long season for me and my fellow aggies.

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ferilhog11
I was at the game and I have to say I wasn't impressed at all. Mcgee looked like he had no idea what was going on and the defense was absolutely terrible. So much for getting rid of the bend but don't break attitude Fran gave us. It's going to be a long season for me and my fellow aggies. yeah, definitely seemed the Ags were a bit lost tonight. I hope you are wrong about the long season though, I'm optimistic they will get things sorted out in the next few weeks.

navscanmaster
08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
LOL...interesting theory, but man I have to disagree....I used to go to CS all the time when I was single and a little younger...and there were hot girls EVERYWHERE. The best of all time though I have to say was Univ. of Tenn. back in the late 90s. That place was NUTS!

I am not supposed to be saying this, being married with a new little 'un, but Benny's Brother must have stayed in Bryan when he went through Aggieland. I'll bet there is at least 5000-6000 "hot" chicks running around College Station. Just the other day, I went walking through Post Oak Mall, and everywhere I turned, it was like we were at Venice Beach or something. As I approached the Victoria's Secret area (which has been greatly expanded recently), it only got better.:D :D

Off topic, but needed!

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I am not supposed to be saying this, being married with a new little 'un, but Benny's Brother must have stayed in Bryan when he went through Aggieland. I'll bet there is at least 5000-6000 "hot" chicks running around College Station. Just the other day, I went walking through Post Oak Mall, and everywhere I turned, it was like we were at Venice Beach or something. As I approached the Victoria's Secret area (which has been greatly expanded recently), it only got better.:D :D

Off topic, but needed! LOL...agreed...A&M is packed full of hotties. Congrats on the little one amigo!

RMAC
08-30-2008, 10:36 PM

I'm sure the women on the board will find this sexist, but the truth is the truth. Chicks are most young guys motivation. :D

Why do you think Tech wins the games we do? We have half the talent/recruiting base and still come away with 8/9 (hopefully 10 wins this year). It's all about the ladies. I believe your little brother to be correct.

navscanmaster
08-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Why do you think Tech wins the games we do? We have half the talent/recruiting base and still come away with 8/9 (hopefully 10 wins this year). It's all about the ladies. I believe your little brother to be correct.
Once again, I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that there are a bunch of homely scholars with tight packed buns (the hair kind) running around College Station. I LIVE HERE. They come through my town every day, and we visit CS twice/three times a week for groceries, doctor, etc. You can't go anywhere in College Station without sunglasses if you are married, else you risk having a permanent hand print on your face. When I was single..............man...............I need to stop.

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Once again, I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that there are a bunch of homely scholars with tight packed buns (the hair kind) running around College Station. I LIVE HERE. They come through my town every day, and we visit CS twice/three times a week for groceries, doctor, etc. You can't go anywhere in College Station without sunglasses if you are married, else you risk having a permanent hand print on your face. When I was single..............man...............I need to stop. LOL..preach it brotha!

navscanmaster
08-30-2008, 11:16 PM
LOL..preach it brotha!

Apparently, the congregation is coloring on their programs...

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Apparently, the congregation is coloring on their programs... LOL

Chillimaru
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM
just got home from work and didnt get to see the game and dont know much about this new coach but i am sure there has got to be a learning curve on both sides coach and players i feel confident that the aggies will end up with a good season

cshscougar08
08-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Once again, I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that there are a bunch of homely scholars with tight packed buns (the hair kind) running around College Station. I LIVE HERE. They come through my town every day, and we visit CS twice/three times a week for groceries, doctor, etc. You can't go anywhere in College Station without sunglasses if you are married, else you risk having a permanent hand print on your face. When I was single..............man...............I need to stop.

I feel ya man. I have a girl down there. Hard being 6 hours away, but as they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. :D

JR2004
08-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
man that sux, i thought Sherman would open up the offense a bit. sounds awfully Fran'ish. but I didn't watch the game, just going off IHS post:dispntd:

I believe Phil posted an article recently where Sherman was quoted as saying he was going to do things the way he's always done them and wasn't really that open to change. Shouldn't be too shocking that he didn't open things up. Personally I wasn't that impressed with the hire (nor were many Aggie folks that I know.) but who knows he might turn out to be a good hire down the road.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I believe Phil posted an article recently where Sherman was quoted as saying he was going to do things the way he's always done them and wasn't really that open to change. Shouldn't be too shocking that he didn't open things up. Personally I wasn't that impressed with the hire (nor were many Aggie folks that I know.) but who knows he might turn out to be a good hire down the road. I am of the opinion that anybody is better than Fran. It just seemed to me that he would blow games seemingly on purpose at times. Used to drive me nuts.

Bull Butter
08-31-2008, 02:33 AM

Off topic, but needed!

Are you aware of any apartments/condos that might be available?????

Rabid Cougar
08-31-2008, 09:55 AM

Taking my 17 year old around campus..... Sunglasses and Blinders for me.... HE was in sensory overload.

forum_guy
08-31-2008, 10:47 AM
that was pretty funny...first home game and they lose...also its funny some people are already blaming the new coach..lol

Phil C
08-31-2008, 11:15 AM
I thought the Aggies would win but it didn't surprise me. I knew Arkansas State was good. Remember they played Texas tough last year and only lost 21 to 13 and were threatening at the end of game.

headhunter
08-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Lets get one thing straight, A&M is not good, lets not make excuses. They are on the verge of possibly only winning 2 or 3 games this yr. Wow talk about a recruiting hurt. If Sherman doesn't get this thing on track then the Aggies will be in for a long 7 yrs. (not sure why sign a coach with no college success to a 7 yr guaranteed deal)

I like to see all Texas teams do well at the college level but I just can not come up with many positives for A&M

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Lets get one thing straight, A&M is not good, lets not make excuses. They are on the verge of possibly only winning 2 or 3 games this yr. Wow talk about a recruiting hurt. If Sherman doesn't get this thing on track then the Aggies will be in for a long 7 yrs. (not sure why sign a coach with no college success to a 7 yr guaranteed deal)

I like to see all Texas teams do well at the college level but I just can not come up with many positives for A&M "Let's get one thing straight"? Alright, if A&M is not good, and as some say "doesn't have any athletes" answer me why they've beat on a supposedly superior Texas team the last two years? I'm not trying to start a UT/A&M war thread, but, I always hear how A&M is horrible, and how they have no athletes and how their recruiting sucks, yet, they've made it 2 in a row the last two years against a supposedly vastly superior Texas team? I'm confused. I agree they need work and Sherman needs to get the team on track, I also understand that it will take some time. I'm not blaming Sherman at all, I'm just questioning the people that like to jump in and talk about how A&M has no talent. Do I think they have the same all around talent as Texas...no, but do I think they have NO talent and are unable to compete in the Big 12 as I've heard some say...absolutely not.

cshscougar08
08-31-2008, 01:55 PM
"Let's get one thing straight"? Alright, if A&M is not good, and as some say "doesn't have any athletes" answer me why they've beat on a supposedly superior Texas team the last two years?

Stop living in the past. Those past two years mean nothing to this season. The past two wins over Texas have nothing to do with how this years team will play, so don't even bring that in as a comparison factor.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Stop living in the past. Those past two years mean nothing to this season. The past two wins over Texas have nothing to do with how this years team will play, so don't even bring that in as a comparison factor. Dude, stuff it, I'm not living in the past, my point is people like YOU like to say how A&M has no talent, and that supposed no talent team has beat a supposedly vastly superior team the last two years w/ no talent? Don't start an A&M/UT war here in my thread. I'm just using LOGIC (which I can see you seem to lack) to address an argument that A&M does have some talent. It just needs to be groomed and coached to win.

Old Tiger
08-31-2008, 02:01 PM
If you want to bring up history I have this # to share with you....

73-36-5

As for the last two years A&M has played above their talent level against Texas and vice versa for Texas and their athletes

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
If you want to bring up history I have this # to share with you....

73-36-5 again, missing my point, but that doesn't surprise me.

Old Tiger
08-31-2008, 02:02 PM
again, missing my point, but that doesn't surprise me. Check out the edited version :D

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Check out the edited version :D I disagree...I firmly believe A&M's problem is consistency, not lack of talent. Consistency in my book is directly related to having a coach that instills confidence and good core values along w/ a consistent workout regiment among other things. I also believe that a coaching staff has to build trust w/ a team to strengthen the previously mentioned attributes. Cohesion is very important between a coach and his team. A&M has lacked that as of late. When any of these elements is missing, you have an inconsistent team more times than not. I think Sherman will turn things around in Aggieland given the time to do so.

BobcatBenny
08-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Now, to get this thread back off track.

My brrother didn't say there are not any really good looking girls at A&M and they all have nerdy buns and granny panties.

Certainly all of the Down Low poster's daughters at A&M are the hottest of the hot! ;)

But his point is about volume. How much is there? And is there enough to make College Station more attractive than Austin, Dallas, Norman or even Lubbock. Then you have Florida and California to stack up against too.

A&M is a fine school, excellent education, great facilities, but it is in College Station and there needs to be enough volume of chick-a-doodles for the stud athletes to snack on.

A&M must provide a greater volume of man snacks! :eek:

bandera7
08-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I was also there. Sherman didnt do that bad of a job. He put Magee in a position to make throws, and yet all Magee would do is dump it off to Goodson. We have Jeff Fuller, a freshman, that is something like 6'5, and Magee refused to throw any long balls to him. That is what that guy does. Magee just lacks the confidence to let it fly. Personally, I am thinking before the season is over we might get a glimpse of a one J. Johnson, who is currently playing receiver. Unless Magee can turn things around, Johnson needs to be given the reins. Also, it didnt help that our kicker missed two field goals.

Yes, we did lose. However, I am not horribly worried about the loss, because I didnt think we had all our guns out. Not that we didnt try, but that we definitely did not play at the level we should have.

And as for the UT-A&M issue. Why? Whichever team won last year will always use that stat. Its a dream to think last years game will go unmentioned when referring to this year.

bandera7
08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
And bobcat, everywhere I go, I hear how A&M possibly has the hottest girls out of any college anywhere. I dont know how you can say they dont. I go to school here. I have to put blinders on when going to class.

piratebg
08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
I was looking through the box score and couldn't help but notice that Jorvorskie Lane was not listed. Is he hurt or did he just get any touches?

forum_guy
08-31-2008, 02:35 PM
i love listening to ut a&m arguments...they are funny because a&m fans consider their season a success if they only beat texas....that could be their only win and we would hear about the win next year...personally i think a&m and texas will be beat up by OU and texas tech will beat both of them...but im glad im not a fan of either...and i can watch my lsu tigers and not deal with these arguements of who is the better texas team

bandera7
08-31-2008, 02:37 PM
in the words of injured. I smell a t shirt fan. and Jovorskie is injured, but played a little, and didnt get any touches. The crowd was calling for it a few times, and they wouldnt give him the ball.

There was a time we were on the five, 3rd down. I wanted to see a typical high school fade in the end zone to Fuller. They tried running it, a sweep to the short side of the field. Got no where, and again a missed field goal followed.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i love listening to ut a&m arguments...they are funny because a&m fans consider their season a success if they only beat texas....that could be their only win and we would hear about the win next year...personally i think a&m and texas will be beat up by OU and texas tech will beat both of them...but im glad im not a fan of either...and i can watch my lsu tigers and not deal with these arguements of who is the better texas team no, you're wrong...THIS Ags fan doesn't consider a UT win a successful season. But it does make me question UT fan when he likes to talk about how A&M has no athletes yet, we've been able to conjure up 2 wins in a row now w/ no athletes. Quite honestly I am more concerned w/ TT the last couple of years than UT. You are probably right though...A&M and UT both will lose to OU and possibly TT as well if they don't get things on track before then.

bandera7
08-31-2008, 02:39 PM
and I also dont consider a win over UT a successful season, although I do love it. Honestly, I think sherman needs to pull out some split backs. Cyrus Gray was looking pretty dang good yesterday, and only got 3 touches. You can alternate Goodson, Lane, Gray, and Stephens in the backfield.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
in the words of injured. I smell a t shirt fan. and Jovorskie is injured, but played a little, and didnt get any touches. The crowd was calling for it a few times, and they wouldnt give him the ball.

There was a time we were on the five, 3rd down. I wanted to see a typical high school fade in the end zone to Fuller. They tried running it, a sweep to the short side of the field. Got no where, and again a missed field goal followed. so...are you referring to me as a "t-shirt fan"? If so, I'm sorry I did not attend Texas A&M University, I'm not a trust fund baby, nor did my parents have the kind of money to send me to such a university at the time. Therefore, I joined the Army and served my country, and still continue to contract to the government from time to time. I think I've earned the right to be a fan of any team in this country I'd like. OH...and you're welcome for my service to this country and your right to attend such a university. Have a nice day.

buff4life
08-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Dude, stuff it, I'm not living in the past, my point is people like YOU like to say how A&M has no talent, and that supposed no talent team has beat a supposedly vastly superior team the last two years w/ no talent? Don't start an A&M/UT war here in my thread. I'm just using LOGIC (which I can see you seem to lack) to address an argument that A&M does have some talent. It just needs to be groomed and coached to win.

so by YOUR logic, or so called use of it i guess...any upset that happens means the team has superior talent over the other?

Your telling me that Stanford has better athletes than USC or anywhere close for that matter or that Appalachian State had the same talent as Michigan???

bandera7
08-31-2008, 02:45 PM
I dont think that is what he is saying. He is, however, suggesting that maybe the talent levels arent so spread as people like to think. Maybe since A&M has consistently played UT for a while now that maybe, just maybe, mighty UT isnt that much better than us.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
so by YOUR logic, or so called use of it i guess...any upset that happens means the team has superior talent over the other?

Your telling me that Stanford has better athletes than USC or anywhere close for that matter or that Appalachian State had the same talent as Michigan??? have they done it two years consecutively?

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
I dont think that is what he is saying. He is, however, suggesting that maybe the talent levels arent so spread as people like to think. Maybe since A&M has consistently played UT for a while now that maybe, just maybe, mighty UT isnt that much better than us. bandera, I am sorry, I thought you were directing your earlier comment about being a t-shirt fan at me. I now realize that you were in fact not. You have my apologies.

bandera7
08-31-2008, 02:48 PM
its fine IHS. I didnt quite make myself clear.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 02:51 PM
its fine IHS. I didnt quite make myself clear. don't mind me man, I've got a serious sinus infection and it's giving me a major headache....hence my snippy-ness.

bandera7
08-31-2008, 02:54 PM
ah sinuses...doesnt get much worse than a sinus headache. the most frustrating things in the world. but back to the point. A&M will still have a decent year I think.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
ah sinuses...doesnt get much worse than a sinus headache. the most frustrating things in the world. but back to the point. A&M will still have a decent year I think. I hope you are right, and I am optimistic. The key will be Sherman getting his system implemented, and the athletes adapting to it quickly, he and his staff building trust w/ the team, and as always consistent execution of said system. We shall see if they can get it all put together.

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
When you bring a division II team, or FCS, to the discussion, whether it be Appy St. or Arky St., and you say the talent is inferior to DI's like UT and Michigan, you are mostly correct. I see it like this:
These second and third tier programs, which can be CUSA, Sunbelt, and all FCS programs, recruit like every other program. The headliner talents will always look for the prominent programs. That headliner talent has had, in most cases, great support and coaching and conditioning in their high school careers. The supposedly second and third tier athletes, which are one star and two star types, are many times raw talents. They haven't always had great coaching in high school, or a great conditioning program to make them shine like the 4 and 5 star guys. Thats why many JUCO transfers shine at the big time collegiate programs. There are many great NFL players that hail from FCS programs, or second tier programs like Utah and Pittsburgh.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 03:08 PM
When you bring a division II team, or FCS, to the discussion, whether it be Appy St. or Arky St., and you say the talent is inferior to DI's like UT and Michigan, you are mostly correct. I see it like this:
These second and third tier programs, which can be CUSA, Sunbelt, and all FCS programs, recruit like every other program. The headliner talents will always look for the prominent programs. That headliner talent has had, in most cases, great support and coaching and conditioning in their high school careers. The supposedly second and third tier athletes, which are one star and two star types, are many times raw talents. They haven't always had great coaching in high school, or a great conditioning program to make them shine like the 4 and 5 star guys. Thats why many JUCO transfers shine at the big time collegiate programs. There are many great NFL players that hail from FCS programs, or second tier programs like Utah and Pittsburgh. heck, just off the top of my head....

Ben Roethlisberger - Miami Ohio
Al Harris & Darrell Green - Texas A&M Kingsville (was Texas A&I Univ)
Walter Peyton - Jackson State

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 03:12 PM
heck, just off the top of my head....

Ben Roethlisberger - Miami Ohio
Al Harris & Darrell Green - Texas A&M Kingsville (was Texas A&I Univ)
Walter Peyton - Jackson State

Jerry Rice - Mississippi Valley State

bandera7
08-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Terrell Owens-Univ. Tenn @ Chattanooga. Div I-AA

bandera7
08-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I think alot of it will be the players buying in to Sherman too. They need to just dive in, believe in it, you know?

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 03:33 PM
I think alot of it will be the players buying in to Sherman too. They need to just dive in, believe in it, you know?

I am not going to just sit on my haunches and think this master will bring us food, but I will give him time! I believe Sherman will make them nationally competitive again, but give him time to develop his talent and system, and we will see the Aggies return to the top.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 03:36 PM
I am not going to just sit on my haunches and think this master will bring us food, but I will give him time! I believe Sherman will make them nationally competitive again, but give him time to develop his talent and system, and we will see the Aggies return to the top. yup...that's my belief as well. ...and as stated above, he's got to have the kids buy into what he's doing

bandera7
08-31-2008, 03:38 PM
I got to see something similar to this at my high school. With a new coach, nothing will happen until the players buy in. We (A&M) do have the talent to be competitive, but right now its not meshing.

BobcatBenny
08-31-2008, 05:09 PM
And bobcat, everywhere I go, I hear how A&M possibly has the hottest girls out of any college anywhere. I dont know how you can say they dont. I go to school here. I have to put blinders on when going to class.
OK, dude a word of advice from an old timer. If the show is being presented don't be embarassed to get an eye full.

However, I am glad you are going to A&M. If you were in Austin, Dallas or Lubbock you would probably feel obligated to gouge your eyes out. ;)

Big Papa
08-31-2008, 05:14 PM
I was also there. Sherman didnt do that bad of a job. He put Magee in a position to make throws, and yet all Magee would do is dump it off to Goodson. We have Jeff Fuller, a freshman, that is something like 6'5, and Magee refused to throw any long balls to him. That is what that guy does. Magee just lacks the confidence to let it fly. Personally, I am thinking before the season is over we might get a glimpse of a one J. Johnson, who is currently playing receiver. Unless Magee can turn things around, Johnson needs to be given the reins. Also, it didnt help that our kicker missed two field goals.

Yes, we did lose. However, I am not horribly worried about the loss, because I didnt think we had all our guns out. Not that we didnt try, but that we definitely did not play at the level we should have.

And as for the UT-A&M issue. Why? Whichever team won last year will always use that stat. Its a dream to think last years game will go unmentioned when referring to this year.

so your calling people t-shirt fans and what not.. and you dont even spell your starting QBs name right??

cshscougar08
08-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Dude, stuff it, I'm not living in the past, my point is people like YOU like to say how A&M has no talent, and that supposed no talent team has beat a supposedly vastly superior team the last two years w/ no talent? Don't start an A&M/UT war here in my thread. I'm just using LOGIC (which I can see you seem to lack) to address an argument that A&M does have some talent. It just needs to be groomed and coached to win.

I never said A&M doesn't have talent. I merely said that the past two victories over UT have nothing to do with this season. That's all. And I'm not starting an A&M UT war here either. As a Sooner, I don't like either of ya'll. :D

TexanAlum_06
08-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Coming from a UT fan here. I aint going to lie. it has been hard to see us lose to the Aggies 2 years running. BUT iam also a realist and I will give credit where credit is due. and ATM earned those 2 victories and outplayed us. we deserved to lose both of those games with our listless, lathargic play and terrible coaching. To be honest I was not surprised at all by our loss last year in college station. I for the most part expected it. reason being we come in with everything to lose and ATM had the chance to be the hometown heroes and play inspired football(which is what they do best). I have seen it before with my own eyes when they upset OU back when Reggie Mcneal was a freshmen. But IMO I think ATM will return to a top 10-20 program in the coming years. the fans and alumni just needs to be patient and give it time. Every program goes in cylces. seems like to me that ATM's football team is kind of divided and not gelling as a team which could be due to lack of leadership, who knows? I think Mcgee needs to be given some slack personally. he has been beaten and abused the last 3 years running an option offense and hasnt be required to pass the ball. Anyway thats just my .02 cents.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I never said A&M doesn't have talent. I merely said that the past two victories over UT have nothing to do with this season. That's all. And I'm not starting an A&M UT war here either. As a Sooner, I don't like either of ya'll. :D You're missing my point. But that's okay.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Coming from a UT fan here. I aint going to lie. it has been hard to see us lose to the Aggies 2 years running. BUT iam also a realist and I will give credit where credit is due. and ATM earned those 2 victories and outplayed us. we deserved to lose both of those games with our listless, lathargic play and terrible coaching. To be honest I was not surprised at all by our loss last year in college station. I for the most part expected it. reason being we come in with everything to lose and ATM had the chance to be the hometown heroes and play inspired football(which is what they do best). I have seen it before with my own eyes when they upset OU back when Reggie Mcneal was a freshmen. But IMO I think ATM will return to a top 10-20 program in the coming years. the fans and alumni just needs to be patient and give it time. Every program goes in cylces. seems like to me that ATM's football team is kind of divided and not gelling as a team which could be due to lack of leadership, who knows? I think Mcgee needs to be given some slack personally. he has been beaten and abused the last 3 years running an option offense and hasnt be required to pass the ball. Anyway thats just my .02 cents. I remember that OU game. I listened to it online. I was on Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. I was working the swing shift at the TCF and was going nuts. The SATCOM guys came over to see what all the noise was about, LOL.

TexanAlum_06
08-31-2008, 07:26 PM
I was sitting in the endzone about 10 rows up right between the goal posts and I clearly remember the stadium shaking beneath my feet when I believe Terrance Kiel intercepted OU QB nate hybl to seal the victory. Besides top fuel dragsters that is the loudest thing I have ever witnessed. Speaking of crowds. I attended the UT game last night and It sickens me at the fact that we have our home opener at night, in our newly renovated stadium with a record breaking crowd and I look over at the chairbacks on the west side and half of them were empty because the old, wealthy alumni and donors would rather watch their game from home or go to a cocktail party!!!! It was pothetic. the official attendence was 98,053. and there were easily another 1000-2000 seats open. that really upsets me. we should revoke the old farts tickets and ship their a$$es off to one of the nice nursing homes in austin and give their tickets to real fans. Hopefully we will be rocking for arkansas and when Mizzou and ATM comes to town.

TexanAlum_06
08-31-2008, 07:28 PM
And I know thats why Aggies call us T-sips but Iam not a T-sip, i dont have a voice today because I was yelling so loud from when they ran onto the field until the final snap....... hopefully it will get better.

headhunter
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Bottom line: The Aggies are BAD!

i love to see Texas teams do well and I am hoping for the best but A&M may only win 2 or 3 games this year. Good thing is they can only improve.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Bottom line: The Aggies are BAD!

i love to see Texas teams do well and I am hoping for the best but A&M may only win 2 or 3 games this year. Good thing is they can only improve. I wouldn't say they were bad, I would say they were very one dimensional. Goodson had over 100yds, I wouldn't call that bad. Again, what can be expected w/ a new system and a new coach the first game out? Come on guys, seriously. The Ags will be fine.

headhunter
08-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Sure lets make it seem like a Division I school like for example (A&M) who has one of the top recruiting classes 4 out of the last 5 years. (top 25 recruiting classes per rivals.com) is not a BAD team.

Reality is they are very bad and in many aspects. They lack confidence #1, they are not well balanced, are terrible at making big plays and are slowly losing new recruits.

Saying that they are one dimensional is just one minor problem. Again I love to see Texas teams succeed and the other night was tough to watch. I am just stating the facts. Don't make excuses or try and feel good about the Aggies losing to a team who is should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Texas A&M. If you are an Aggie fan then you should be mad. Not forgiving.

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Sure lets make it seem like a Division I school like for example (A&M) who has one of the top recruiting classes 4 out of the last 5 years. (top 25 recruiting classes per rivals.com) is not a BAD team.

Reality is they are very bad and in many aspects. They lack confidence #1, they are not well balanced, are terrible at making big plays and are slowly losing new recruits.

Saying that they are one dimensional is just one minor problem. Again I love to see Texas teams succeed and the other night was tough to watch. I am just stating the facts. Don't make excuses or try and feel good about the Aggies losing to a team who is should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Texas A&M. If you are an Aggie fan then you should be mad. Not forgiving.

But what does being mad get you? A hole in the sheetrock? A broken plasma screen? Or worse yet, a spilled beer? I don't believe any Aggie fans are forgiving, but getting mad gets you nowhere. No matter how many times I see an Astros game on TV and watch Hunter Pence with two strikes, and tell him through the TV not to swing at the obvious breaking ball down and away coming, he still does it. If I got mad about it every time, I would be a wreck and hate my team, and that player. Why would I want to do that, LOL!?

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 10:30 PM
I was sitting in the endzone about 10 rows up right between the goal posts and I clearly remember the stadium shaking beneath my feet when I believe Terrance Kiel intercepted OU QB nate hybl to seal the victory. Besides top fuel dragsters that is the loudest thing I have ever witnessed. Speaking of crowds. I attended the UT game last night and It sickens me at the fact that we have our home opener at night, in our newly renovated stadium with a record breaking crowd and I look over at the chairbacks on the west side and half of them were empty because the old, wealthy alumni and donors would rather watch their game from home or go to a cocktail party!!!! It was pothetic. the official attendence was 98,053. and there were easily another 1000-2000 seats open. that really upsets me. we should revoke the old farts tickets and ship their a$$es off to one of the nice nursing homes in austin and give their tickets to real fans. Hopefully we will be rocking for arkansas and when Mizzou and ATM comes to town.
I was at that game in 2002. My aunt won tickets, and couldn't go, so she gave them to me. I sat on the sideline chairs between the five and ten in the new Zone, right in front of the Corp of Cadets and the band. That place was rocking! After Dustin Long sat and Reggie McNeal came in, it was a different ballgame. By the way, I couldn't find a friend that could go on short notice, so I gave my other ticket to a cute Aggie chick! It was a hell of a game, bro!;)

headhunter
08-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Lets just agree that they are bad and the toughest thing about this is that TIME is the only thing that will fix the Aggies troubles. The worse thing is that most of us are very impatient and want to see results now.

They will need time to adjust to the system, time to gain confidence on each other, time to get new recruits, and time to get everyone to believe in the system.

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Lets just agree that they are bad and the toughest thing about this is that TIME is the only thing that will fix the Aggies troubles. The worse thing is that most of us are very impatient and want to see results now.

They will need time to adjust to the system, time to gain confidence on each other, time to get new recruits, and time to get everyone to believe in the system.

I agree that they are bad right now, and I will give them time to work things out. But finishing 2-10 or 3-9 ain't gonna cut it. I would shoot for 4-8 or 5-7. I doubt they will be bowl eligible this year, but if McGee gets things going, it could happen very easily.

JR2004
08-31-2008, 10:43 PM
I think the one thing we can all agree on is that if Brownwood had been Arkansas State's opponent, they'd have gone home 0-1. :)

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I think the one thing we can all agree on is that if Brownwood had been Arkansas State's opponent, they'd have gone home 0-1. :)

:iagree: :ditto:

TexanAlum_06
08-31-2008, 11:26 PM
I was at that game in 2002. My aunt won tickets, and couldn't go, so she gave them to me. I sat on the sideline chairs between the five and ten in the new Zone, right in front of the Corp of Cadets and the band. That place was rocking! After Dustin Long sat and Reggie McNeal came in, it was a different ballgame. By the way, I couldn't find a friend that could go on short notice, so I gave my other ticket to a cute Aggie chick! It was a hell of a game, bro!;)

Yeah I must say, back then I was a longhorn fan but i was also only 13 years old and really didnt care. I couldnt help but cheer for ATM. Yeah I remember when reggie came in. he was sensational. actually that was probably one of his best games in his career. or one of his most defining wins. even though we represent different colors, I think we can both agree on the fact that it is a great feeling to witness OU lose. I was at the red river shootout in 2005 and there was nothing better then watching the sooners fans get all pissy!:D

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah I must say, back then I was a longhorn fan but i was also only 13 years old and really didnt care. I couldnt help but cheer for ATM. Yeah I remember when reggie came in. he was sensational. actually that was probably one of his best games in his career. or one of his most defining wins. even though we represent different colors, I think we can both agree on the fact that it is a great feeling to witness OU lose. I was at the red river shootout in 2005 and there was nothing better then watching the sooners fans get all pissy!:D

And the chick with the Boomer Sooner shirt in front of the Aggie flag sobbing, with the caption, "But, We're OU!"

TexanAlum_06
09-01-2008, 12:16 AM
haha i remember seeing a couple of people with that shirt.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2008, 05:54 AM
These second and third tier programs, which can be CUSA, Sunbelt, and all FCS programs, recruit like every other program. The headliner talents will always look for the prominent programs. That headliner talent has had, in most cases, great support and coaching and conditioning in their high school careers. The supposedly second and third tier athletes, which are one star and two star types, are many times raw talents. They haven't always had great coaching in high school, or a great conditioning program to make them shine like the 4 and 5 star guys. Thats why many JUCO transfers shine at the big time collegiate programs. There are many great NFL players that hail from FCS programs, or second tier programs like Utah and Pittsburgh.
Many times, the talent at the smaller schools isn't necessarily raw, and is equal to the players at the DI's, but they don't fit the "mold" that DI coaches have for their recruits.

Rabid Cougar
09-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Arkansas State is DI and is Non-BCS. Same Conference as North Texas and Troy.

navscanmaster
09-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Arkansas State is DI and is Non-BCS. Same Conference as North Texas and Troy.

I know they are Sun Belt, I was just trying to make a point about lower tier schools and their recruits.

BobcatBenny
09-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I know they are Sun Belt, I was just trying to make a point about lower tier schools and their recruits.
Obviously Arkansas State has hot chicks. :D

Darren
09-01-2008, 02:30 PM
I was at this game... The aggies are going to be horrible this year. I think their top 2 recievers are their 2nd and third string QB's.

I know that they made alot of mistakes and that they could have won the game if they could have limited the turnovers and hit the field goals but they are just not very good.

Mcgee needs to sit the bench and Johnson needs to start.

bandera7
09-01-2008, 03:28 PM
You are correct about our receivers being backups. However, do not be surprised to see a freshman, Jeff Fuller, step into the spotlight at some point this season. And I still desperately want to see some split backs, with Cyrus Gray (who I thought played pretty well, given he only got 3 carries) and Goodson in the backfield. From there, alternate Lane and Stephens in. And McGee can bring Johnson water. I was a McGee fan for a long time, but he pushed me away the other day.

And sorry for the spelling errors...I have a good friend with the last name Magee and I constantly mix the two last names up.

Old Tiger
09-02-2008, 11:59 AM
smaller schools have big time d1 talent at only 1 or maybe 2 positions. big schools have big time d1 all over the two deep

UPanIN
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
ASU gets no one that the Razorbacks want or any other top tier D1 school wants. In all the years they have only had a handfull players that have played on Sunday's. ASU has never been very good and this year is not the exception.

A&M should have beaten them by no less than 20 points.

navscanmaster
09-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
ASU gets no one that the Razorbacks want or any other top tier D1 school wants. In all the years they have only had a handfull players that have played on Sunday's. ASU has never been very good and this year is not the exception.

A&M should have beaten them by no less than 20 points.
That doesn't mean that they aren't just as talented as their Razorback counterparts. If you take a starting RB at a 5A high school that goes on to play at a Pac10 school, but the guy that was behind him was just as good but not not groomed or hyped goes to a JUCO and excels enough to get a transfer to a DI two years later. It is all about how a player responds to training, systems, coaching, and pressure. Development takes different times with different players. It may be even be a position change that makes the difference in college. You can't say definitely that a second tier school has inferior athletes just because they are second tier, or not media darlings.

UPanIN
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Is the A&M kool aid that good.:thinking: