PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood results????

wimbo_pro
08-30-2008, 08:12 PM
I cant believe it. I had to go to Houston this afternoon (I know...yuk), and just got back..and NOTHING about the Brownwood game. What gives?

Ranger Mom
08-30-2008, 08:13 PM
That's what I was wondering. I just got home myself and was looking.

I did find a score on the question about bw/burnet game thread...but I don't think it's a final!

espn1
08-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Burnet got destroyed I think it was 35 -23 or something like that.

WOS87
08-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Brownwood 35
Burnet 24

It's on the scoreboard sillies!

espn1
08-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Brownwood looked pretty good but I can't tell how good! Burnet won't even make the playoffs if they don't step it up. I can't remember when Burnet played this bad.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rocket
08-30-2008, 08:19 PM
brownwood 35 burnet 24
We came out 21-0 end of 1st. Then half 21-3. Then we scored 14 2nd half. We had our 2nd team in late and they pep rallied on us. Our defense has alot of work to do but we should be fine. Only 1 returning def starter from last season minus Vacarro. We also let up on offense but we were lethal. Got some tweaking to do on Off but we will be as good as I thought on O. Should be an even match up against LH.

wimbo_pro
08-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Good job Brownwood...last thing we need is a strong Burnet, so this actually might work out in our favor.

espn1
08-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Like I said it's going to be a long year for Burnet. It doesn't get any easier next week we play http://www.pflugervilleisd.net/HHS/images/site/logo.jpg
Hendrickson lost a close one to NB Canyon 21-14

espn1
08-30-2008, 08:42 PM
.. AND SCENE. (6:29 p.m.)
Burnet just turned it over on downs deep in its own territory, and with just 50 seconds remaining, that's going to do it. Brownwood will win it, 35-24. Again, can't post a recap with a game in an hour, so thanks for reading. Come see us again soon!

WELL ... (6:26 p.m.)
Burnet just forced Brownwood into a punt, with 2:29 remaining. It's still 35-24, Lions, but at this rate I have no idea what to expect. This game is taking a bizarre twist. I guess there's enough time, but the Bulldogs can't make this comeback ... can they? Burnet ball at its own 25.

STILL ALIVE? (6:20 p.m.)
Well, Burnet refuses to know when its beaten -- a DB just stepped in front of a lazy and foolish Pachall pass and returned it for a touchdown. Now it's 35-24, Lions, but Brownwood recovered the onside and starts again from its 45. 2:46 left. No more passes, me thinks.

BURNET SQUEAKS IN, 35-17 (6:15 p.m.)
Burnet just inched a little closer on a short touchdown run to make it 35-17, but with just 3:38 left, it looks like this will be too little, too late.

Brownwood has recovered the onside and enters clock-kill mode at its own 49.

BURNET PUNTING (5:56 p.m.)
Chafin just got sacked on third and long, and the Bulldogs punted away on fourth. Brownwood takes over at the Burnet 47 with 11:10 left in the game.

END OF THE THIRD (5:54 p.m.)
The third quarter just came to a close, and when we come back, Burnet will have the ball at its 29, still trailing 35-10. That's a pretty big hole to fight out of.

BROWNWOOD GETS TRICKY (5:52 p.m.)
After a holding call and a sack, Brownwood faced a 3rd and 35 ... and decided to just quick punt it! Casey Pachall took the shotgun snap and just ripped it down into Burnet territory. A good call, I think.

Bulldog ball, 30 seconds left in the third.

BURNET PUNTS (5:48 p.m.)
Burnet had a three-and-out, and now Brownwood takes over again from its own 45. Let's see if that passing game can click into place. It hasn't been good since the first quarter.

MISFORTUNE, 35-10 (5:44 p.m.)
Burnet did that good work we were talking about and put itself in position for a 37-yard FG, but the ball hit the upright, and then, on the next play from scrimmage, Brownwood's Tyler Harth busted a 78-yard touchdown run right up the gut. What a tough blow to handle ... I'd say that's a back-breaker, but I'm not going to count out the Bulldogs yet. By the way, that was Harth's first carry of the game. What an entrance!

Burnet is entering desperation mode -- the Bulldogs just fielded the kick and begin the drive from their own 30 with 4:36 to play.

BURNET BEGINS (5:34 p.m.)
Burnet just fielded the ball and starts the drive from its own 20. Still down 28-10 with 8:06 left in the quarter.

QUICK TURNAROUND (5:31 p.m.)
So much for the Burnet passing game -- Brownwood's Bubby Harrell just stepped in front of a lazy post route and returned it to the Bulldog 6. One second, Burnet looked in control. Now they're about to fall beind by three scores. If anyone can put a finger on the momentum here, let me know.

Actually, Brownwood just scored as I write. A short run from the 6 -- now its 28-10. Burnet can't lose its composure now -- it has to come out and play a smart game and be patient on offense. There's still plenty of time.

NOT WHAT BROWNWOOD WAS LOOKING FOR (5:29 p.m.)
Well, the Lions didn't roar like expected on their first posession of the half, and they've already punted it away to a fresh-looking Burnet squad. I can't tell what changes the Bulldogs have made since it was 21-0, but whatever they are, they're certainly working.

Burnet starts now from its own 11, still trailing 21-10.

BURNET STRIKES BACK, 21-10 (5:24 p.m.)
Perhaps we've been treating this game a bit too cavalierly -- Burnet's Dillon Chafin just threw a short touchdown pass to Hunter Ulmer to bring the Bulldogs within 11. The passing game has been exceptional since the second quarter, and Chafin is having no problem picking apart the Brownwood secondary. Perhaps the Lions' loss of Kenny Vacarro is having an effect?

Brownwood just fielded the ball and will start its first offensive posession of the half from its own 37. 9:36 left in the third.

UNDER WAY (5:16 p.m.)
Halftime is over and we're about to start the second half -- let's hope it's better than the first. Burnet will start on offense, and it needs to do some good work right off the bat.

The Bulldogs have just fielded the ball and will open the half at its own 42. The score is still Brownwood 21-3 ... let's see if Burnet can do anything about it.

HALFTIME: BROWNWOOD 21, BURNET 3 (4:49 p.m.)
I've got some things to do at halftime, so I'll have to pass on the recap. Brownwood is up and looks much better, but Burnet did some pretty good defensive work at the end of the half.

I'll be back in a bit.

LAST SHOT FOR BROWNWOOD (4:48 p.m.)
The Lions will get one more shot to score with 46 seconds left from their own 33 after stopping Burnet on fourth down.

NOT OVER YET! (4:38 p.m.)
Brownwood just tried a 33-yard FG attempt, gut it fell well short -- and this is after Burnet had a 90+ yard interception retrun nullified by an offsides call.

Anyways, Burnet starts now from their 16 with just over two minutes left. They still trail 21-3.

BURNET ON THE BOARD, 21-3 (4:27 p.m.)
After a Burnet WR dropped a sure touchdown on second down, the Bulldogs couldn't find the endzone on third and settled for a short field goal to bring the score to 21-3. At this point, I guess some points are better than no points. The passing game looked great, though. They should stick to that.

Brownwood fielded the ensuing kickoff and takes over at its own 40 with 6:06 to play.

GOOD NEWS FOR BURNET (4:22 p.m.)
Finally, some luck for the Bulldogs. Pachall and the RB got mixed up on the exchange, and the ball tumbled to the turf and into the defense's hands. Burnet now takes over at its own 38 with 8:03 left.

BURNET PUNTING AGAIN (4:19 p.m.)
This one might get out of hand in a hurry -- Burnet just punted again and Brownwood starts another offensive drive from the Bulldog 38. Pachall is about to get his hands on the ball, and that's never a good thing.

WHAT-A-CATCH, 21-0 (4:14 p.m.)
Parker Taylor just made the catch of his life. On third-and-goal from the 8, Pachall rolled right with a man right on his back, and at the last second rifled one high and hot to the back of the endzone. Uncatchable, right? Wrong. Taylor skied for the ball, falling out of bounds, and stabbed a toe inbounds to make it official. That was really something.

The first quarter ended on the play, so now the second quarter starts with Brownwood up 21-0 and Burnet yet to even cross midfield. This could be trouble. The Bulldogs fielded the kick and start the quarter's opening drive from their 9.

BROWNWOOD THREATENING (4:12 p.m.)
The Lions have a second-and-goal from the 10 with seconds left in the first quarter. If they score here, this one is officially out of hand.

BURNET PUNTS AGAIN (4:08 p.m.)
Brownwood looked to be bending to Burnet's run game, but the Lions stiffened up, forced a punt, then watched it travel about 14 or 15 yards before sailing out of bounds. Now the Lions start from the Burnet 41, up 14-0.

PACHALL AGAIN, 14-0 (4:01 p.m.)
Casey Pachall just manipulated Burnet's defense badly, moving around in the pocket, freezing the safeties, and then finding WR Travis Holleman down the sideline for a 21-yard TD pass, his second of the day. It's already 14-0 Brownwood with 6:21 left in the first quarter.

Burnet's offense went backwards about 16 yards last time it had the ball, so its going to be looking for better this time around. The Bulldogs start their second drive from their own 19.

BURNET PUNTS (3:55 p.m.)
Burnet didn't find as much early success at Brownwood, and now the Bulldogs are punting away on 4th and 32 from their own 4. Yikes.

Brownwood fielded the punt and starts its second drive from its own 49.

DIDN'T TAKE LONG, 7-0 (3:50 p.m.)
Brownwood wasted no time at all -- the Lions charged right down the field, moving 77 yards in 6 plays, capping the drive with a 24-yard TD pass from QB Casey Pachall. WR Parker Taylor, the Lions' top receiver, reached up and snared a jumpball literally off the hands of the Burnet defender. It was pretty, but that's not something you want to try and do willy-nilly.

Burnet now takes over with a chance to tie -- the Bulldogs start the drive from their 24 with 9:44 left in the first.

UNDER WAY (3:45 p.m.)
Brownwood has fielded the kick and will open the game at its own 23. Let's go!

TEAMS ON THE FIELD (3:38 p.m.)
The teams have taken the field here at the Alamodome -- Brownwood is in the white jerseys with maroon piping and Burnet is in its customary green tops and white bottoms. I'm serious, this might be the best collection of jerseys we've ever had at a classic.

Ranger Mom
08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Brownwood 35
Burnet 24

It's on the scoreboard sillies!

Well heck...I just looked at the time that the last post was made and it was 12:40 PM, so I didn't think anything had been posted since then and I knew the game started AFTER that!

I didn't realize you were editing your scoreboard within that thread!! :doh:

BEAST
08-30-2008, 09:58 PM
No disrespect to Burnet but I think ESPN will agree, we left atleast 21 points on the field. That being said, I was happy with the amount of play our 2nd teamers got. That could prove very valuable down the road.

BEAST

navscanmaster
08-30-2008, 11:33 PM
BROWNWOOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Good opening win. Paschall looks good out of the gates, and the Lion D sounds sturdy.

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
brownwood 35 burnet 24
We came out 21-0 end of 1st. Then half 21-3. Then we scored 14 2nd half. We had our 2nd team in late and they pep rallied on us. Our defense has alot of work to do but we should be fine. Only 1 returning def starter from last season minus Vacarro. We also let up on offense but we were lethal. Got some tweaking to do on Off but we will be as good as I thought on O. Should be an even match up against LH.

Just got in from the Abilene Cooper game! Great job Brownwood! Well, Rocket you get to come home!:D :2thumbsup

Boomer
08-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Burnet looked very timid comming out. Paschall looked good! That was one of the quietest games i have ever been at in the Alamodome.

go bwd lions
08-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Burnet has some talent and never quit. They will have a good season, IMO. The Lions have some things to work on, no doubt, but that's a good thing. Week 0 is not the time to be the best you can be.

Nice job Brownwood...good win!

Eagle 1
08-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I was at the game and I'm wondering what Brownwood's coach was thinking late in the 4th quarter?
Burnet was out of time outs and all Brownwood has to do is run the ball and kill the clock. Instead they pass the ball and if I'm not mistaken get it picked off and returned for a td.
I hope the players are not the only ones to take away something from this game. (coaches too)
Brownwoods defense is young but they will lay the wood. They will need to mature this week to beat LV.
Burnet has a good team and will contend in the playoffs.

lv2937
09-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
brownwood 35 burnet 24
We came out 21-0 end of 1st. Then half 21-3. Then we scored 14 2nd half. We had our 2nd team in late and they pep rallied on us. Our defense has alot of work to do but we should be fine. Only 1 returning def starter from last season minus Vacarro. We also let up on offense but we were lethal. Got some tweaking to do on Off but we will be as good as I thought on O. Should be an even match up against LH. from what i seen, you had your starters in the whole game. i was marking down the starters in the program. you had the same starters at the end of the game that you started with. after seeing you play, i will say liberty hill will beat you by 17.

espn1
09-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by lv2937
from what i seen, you had your starters in the whole game. i was marking down the starters in the program. you had the same starters at the end of the game that you started with. after seeing you play, i will say liberty hill will beat you by 17. Well tell me your thoughts on Burnet! That's one of the worst games I've ever seen them play! I really feel that if the snap over the Qb's head wouldn't have happened it could have been a different game! The LH and B'wood game should be a good one. LH's secondary is very vulnerable!

BEAST
09-01-2008, 07:00 PM
from what i seen, you had your starters in the whole game. i was marking down the starters in the program. you had the same starters at the end of the game that you started with. after seeing you play, i will say liberty hill will beat you by 17.

No we did not. Now at the very end of the game we put them back in to stop yalls pep rally but I can assure you that throughout the 2nd,3rd,and 4th quarter there were several different kids playing different spots.

Question for you, have you stopped and wondered why we didn't throw the ball to #4 Parker Taylor more? Answer: There is 2 of them 1) We didn't have to. 2) We were looking at other things. Taylor couldve had 10 catches for 150 yards. Instead he had 2 for 38 and 2 tds.

BEAST

LionKing
09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
from what i seen, you had your starters in the whole game. i was marking down the starters in the program. you had the same starters at the end of the game that you started with. after seeing you play, i will say liberty hill will beat you by 17. When Burnet scored with about 4 minutes left in the game, there were 7 backups in on defense, the only starters in were the defensive backs, then when burnet scored on the int return to cut the lead to 11pts, all the starters went back in, and Burnet stalled out to end the game, so no, the starters weren't in the whole game, but about 3 and a third qtrs, but were in for sure at the end of the 4th qtr.

Eagle 1
09-01-2008, 08:19 PM
from what i seen, you had your starters in the whole game. i was marking down the starters in the program. you had the same starters at the end of the game that you started with. after seeing you play, i will say liberty hill will beat you by 17.

Wrong, I was at the game and no they didn't have their starters in the whole game.

Trashman
09-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I was at the game. Burnet is a good team, they are going to put it all together and win some games this year.

Eagle 1
09-01-2008, 08:34 PM
No doubt.

Rocket
09-01-2008, 08:38 PM

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. BEAST is exactly right. We were merciful toward Burnet. You better count your blessings. After we hung the 21 in no time flat, we backed off offensively and enjoyed the afternoon. Played some other players other places, and just had a good ol' time beating you.

I love it BEAST! GREAT POST!

themsu97
09-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
No we did not. Now at the very end of the game we put them back in to stop yalls pep rally but I can assure you that throughout the 2nd,3rd,and 4th quarter there were several different kids playing different spots.

Question for you, have you stopped and wondered why we didn't throw the ball to #4 Parker Taylor more? Answer: There is 2 of them 1) We didn't have to. 2) We were looking at other things. Taylor couldve had 10 catches for 150 yards. Instead he had 2 for 38 and 2 tds.

BEAST

As Thomas Conley sang...

"These rose colored glasses... that I'm looking through... show only the beauty... because they hide... all the truth..."

Brownwood is a very good team... I will say that...

good luck to them

espn1
09-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
As Thomas Conley sang...

"These rose colored glasses... that I'm looking through... show only the beauty... because they hide... all the truth..."

Brownwood is a very good team... I will say that...

good luck to them Have you ever heard of John Conlee? He sings a few songs also! :D :D :D

BwdLions
09-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
Burnet looked very timid comming out. Paschall looked good! That was one of the quietest games i have ever been at in the Alamodome.

It was rather quiet in the A.D. Sat. I was on the first row on the 50 yardline and was unimpressed with the crowd noise.

Overall I was pleased with the game. The lack of wrapping up on tackles and the breakdowns in blocking drove me a little nuts, but those are things that will be corrected. Of course it had just as much to do with the OL and DL of Burnet. They were very physical up front on both sides of the ball.

Pascall had a very good game (with the exception of the INT in the 4th quarter). I know Brownwood has lots to work on before Friday. La Vega will be a tough test for the Lions.

By the way, Snyder is possibly the best 0-1 team in West Texas. :stirpot:

warpig
09-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions

By the way, Snyder is possibly the best 0-1 team in West Texas. :stirpot:
Yea.
They sound like a real juggerNOT!

DaHop72
09-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions

By the way, Snyder is possibly the best 0-1 team in West Texas. :stirpot: According to some this is true, others know better. ;) ;)

DaHop72
09-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by warpig
Yea.
They sound like a real juggerNOT! OMG, a new "commodian", just what we need. :sleeping: :sleeping:

warpig
09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
OMG, a new "commodian", just what we need. :sleeping: :sleeping:
What? You trying to be funny with commodian comment.
Sounds like you need to be flushed.

CHS_89
09-02-2008, 12:03 PM
OMG, a new "commodian", just what we need. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Ha! He said "commodian". Is that someone from "commode?"

DaHop72
09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by warpig
What? You trying to be funny with commodian comment.
Sounds like you need to be flushed. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Maybe you can be the "new" George Carlin".

:thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Ha! He said "commodian". Is that someone from "commode?" I guess anything is possble.:devil: :devil:

CHS_89
09-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I guess anything is possble.:devil: :devil:

Just pokin at ya hop, lol. It's all good! I just thought that was funny as all get out.

DaHop72
09-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Just pokin at ya hop, lol. It's all good! I just thought that was funny as all get out. I was just agreeing with you. :D :D