Tyson Smith
Erik Walden

ILS1
08-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by piratebg

Danny Amendola WR former Tech star
Richard Bartel
Keon Lattimore (Ravens LB Ray Lewis little brother

I was hoping these 3 would make the team!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

daug
08-30-2008, 08:04 PM
I thought Jefferson would for sure.

wimbo_pro
08-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I was hoping these 3 would make the team!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That Latimore kid made the pro's? I knew he was good...but sheesh.

AP Panther Fan
08-30-2008, 11:01 PM
I am surprised that Amendola didn't. Maybe next year.

:(

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I am surprised that Amendola didn't. Maybe next year.

:( yeah, no kidding, up until this point, I kept hearing how he was impressing the staff there in Dallas. Wonder if anyone else will pick him up?

BobcatBenny
08-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yeah, no kidding, up until this point, I kept hearing how he was impressing the staff there in Dallas. Wonder if anyone else will pick him up?
I bet New England could us him to create matching book ends. :D

navscanmaster
08-30-2008, 11:26 PM
If Wes Welker is any indication of what a guy like Amendola can do, he will play somewhere, someday for sure. He couldn't be worse than some of the regulars on the Cowboy O.

RMAC
08-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Being a Tech fan, I had hoped Danny would make it. They were saying on Hard Knocks the other night though that due to his size, he has to make damn sure that his mental game is 100% rock solid. Guess the coaching staff didn't see that. Hope he gets signed on somewhere. I really feel that he could be a contribution to any NFL offense.

XtremeCouture
08-31-2008, 03:01 AM
i know this isnt the cowboys, but why did the texans cut roosevelt colvin? i thought that was their big offseason acquisition

Trashman
08-31-2008, 08:20 AM
I was supprised by Amendola (sp) as well. Don't be surprised if Dallas doesn't resign him within a few weeks, if he is not picked up by another team.

MN95
08-31-2008, 01:34 PM
DMN said this morning Cowboys are hoping to sign Amendola to the practice squad if he goes unclaimed.

IHStangFan
08-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
i know this isnt the cowboys, but why did the texans cut roosevelt colvin? i thought that was their big offseason acquisition I think it was supposed to be, then he came to camp and confirmed some of our fears....he's too old and has nothing left in the tank.

piratebg
08-31-2008, 07:00 PM
SIGNED TO PRACTIC SQUAD

WR Mike Jefferson
WR Danny Amendola
RB Alonzo Coleman
TE Rodney Hannah
FB Julius Crosslin
DE Marcus Dixon
LB Tearrius George

They have also got just unofficially resigned safety and special teams player Keith Davis. It should become official by Tuesday/Wednesday. :)

piratebg
08-31-2008, 07:03 PM
The Cowboys are also rumored to be looking at both Chris Simms and Brooks Bollinger for the third QB spot.

thumptbh
08-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Just thought I would also mention that Julius Crosslin played his high school ball at P.D. He was a great fullback and DE for them. Glad to see he made the practice squad!