PDA

View Full Version : 3A Down Low Top 25 Week 0 Results

WOS87
08-30-2008, 12:53 PM
16 of the Top 25 notched wins including all of the top 10 (with Brownwood yet to play)
7 of the top 25 lost
2 are playing on Saturday

#1 Liberty Hill WON over #16 Giddings 28-26
#2 Celina WON over Lytle 66-0
#3 Brownwood plays #17 Burnet on Saturday
#4 Navasota WON over (4A) Henderson 35-34
#5 Waco La Vega WON over (2A) Marlin 35-6
#6 West Orange-Stark WON over (4A) Nederland 33-13
#7 Cuero WON over (4A) Beeville 46-14
#8 Gilmer WON over #22 Jasper 56-28
#9 China Spring WON over Fairfield 49-6
#10 Abilene Wylie WON over Vernon 14-6
#11 Snyder LOST to (4A) Big Spring 14-20
#12 Sealy WON over Houston Second Baptist 34-21
#13 Tatum LOST to (4A) Hallsville 7-42
#14 Wimberley WON over Luling 40-0
#15 Carthage LOST to (4A) Kilgore 20-33
#16 Giddings LOST to #1 Liberty Hill 26-28
#17 Burnet plays #3 Brownwood on Saturday
#18 Farmersville LOST to (2A) Winnsboro 6-20
#19 Rockdale WON over Llano 39-33
#20 Madisonville WON over Groesbeck 24-12
#21 Rio Hondo WON over Robstown 34-13
#22 Jasper LOST to #8 Gilmer 28-56
#23 Lubbock Estacado LOST to (4A) Hereford 20-42
#24 Liberty-Eylau WON over Paris North Lamar 17-10
#25 Glen Rose WON over (4A) Mineral Wells 49-7

The only districts in which more than half of the teams won are:

District 24: (5 teams) Cameron Yoe, Madisonville, Navasota, Rockdale and Taylor all won
District 31: (5 teams) CC West Oso, Ingleside, Mathis, Orange Grove and Sinton all won
District 20: (4 teams) Athens, Brownsboro, Crockett and Palestine all won
District 25: (4 teams) Bellville, Columbus, Sealy and Smithville all won
District 27: (4 teams) La Vernia, Marion, Poteet and San Antonio Sam Houston all won

The only district which went completely winless was:

District 18: (6 teams) Jasper, Diboll, Center, Carthage, Rusk and Huntington all lost

5 of the 6 teams in District 10 lost on Friday. The Anna vs Paris Chisum game was suspended with Anna behind 0-21 and is to be completed today. If Anna goes on to lose District 10 will join District 18 as going completely winless

Sweetwater Red
08-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Does Giddings move into the top ten after losing? Just a thought.:thinking:

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Does Giddings move up after losing? Just a thought.:thinking: Probably should. What happened to the Farmers?

Old Tiger
08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Probably should. What happened to the Farmers? they lost... :D

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
they lost... :D Thanks. I didn't notice.:hand:

I was talking about how they lost and where their new fan club is.

Old Tiger
08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Thanks. I didn't notice.:hand:

I was talking about how they lost and where their new fan club is. The other team scored more than them. That is usually how a team loses in sports. ;)

BobcatBenny
08-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Movers.

Up
Glen Rose
Giddings

Down
Farmersville

Hanging Precariously?
Abilene Wylie
Snyder
Tatum
Lubbock Estacado

Where does Brownwood end up this week? ;)

Old Tiger
08-30-2008, 01:34 PM
why should giddings move up? IMO they should stay the same ranking

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
why should giddings move up? IMO they should stay the same ranking Because 3 teams ahead of them lost.

Move Snyder, Carthage, and Tatum down.

Old Tiger
08-30-2008, 01:39 PM
5 teams lost in front of Rockdale :D

LHexPlayer
08-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Honestly I would put Liberty Hill somewhere from 5-10 right now. We might be worthy of number 1 but probably not yet. I think that a team in the top 10 has a chance to beat anyone even the number 1 team. We have some work to do. It's still early but we are not the same team as last year. Hopefully with hard work we can be again.

jimmyceatworld
08-30-2008, 02:50 PM
China Spring thumped Fairfield last night. I thought it was pretty interesting how much flexbone they ran (did they do that in the scrimmages any?). Quarterback did well, but I'd like to see how he performs against a more formidable opponent.

BobcatBenny
08-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Honestly I would put Liberty Hill somewhere from 5-10 right now. We might be worthy of number 1 but probably not yet. I think that a team in the top 10 has a chance to beat anyone even the number 1 team. We have some work to do. It's still early but we are not the same team as last year. Hopefully with hard work we can be again.
A win is a win.

I was a bit skeptical of Celina at the start of last season. I waited and watched 3 games to see if the gaps were filled.

At this point its about coaching. Will the coaches make the right adjustments? I know Liberrty Hill lost what everyone said was a very good coach. Maybe that will be a set back and hinder the adjustment. Give it a few weeks.

LHexPlayer
08-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I know Liberrty Hill lost what everyone said was a very good coach. Maybe that will be a set back and hinder the adjustment. Give it a few weeks.

The coach we lost was on offense. The only problems we had on offense last night were the two fumbles lost. That is what stopped us. You really couldn't tell a difference in the offense from a play calling perspective. Execution and adjustments were also good on offense.

BobcatBenny
08-30-2008, 03:37 PM
The coach we lost was on offense. The only problems we had on offense last night were the two fumbles lost. That is what stopped us. You really couldn't tell a difference in the offense from a play calling perspective. Execution and adjustments were also good on offense.
Don't forget that Giddings may be better than anyone has really given them credit for.

The thing in my mind are the adjustments that need to happen from week to week in the early part of the season.

Two fumbles lost? For some reason I thought fumbles lost were just part of the offensive scheme.

Did you have to punt? or turn the ball over on downs? That seems to be something you did not do often last season.

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Don't forget that Giddings may be better than anyone has really given them credit for.
Correct...

The thing in my mind are the adjustments that need to happen from week to week in the early part of the season.

Exactly! And our coaching staff is good at that! :)

Two fumbles lost? For some reason I thought fumbles lost were just part of the offensive scheme.
Yes, they are, when you run the majority of the time.

Did you have to punt? or turn the ball over on downs? That seems to be something you did not do often last season.
No punts, no turnover on downs.

LHexPlayer
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM

Not taking anything away from Giddings. I gave them their props on the game thread. Just speaking of our mistakes. We do usually lose fumbles. But in a big game like this one they seem to stand out more than in a game when you are way ahead.

RattlerDude
08-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Not taking anything away from Giddings. I gave them their props on the game thread. Just speaking of our mistakes. We do usually lose fumbles. But in a big game like this one they seem to stand out more than in a game when you are way ahead.
You right... It's awesome that these two teams played in the first game of the season. I barely heard about the game about an hour before it started. lol.

Well I'm sure that neither team is the same as last year but Giddings is much better than I thought they would be. I thought Fitzhenry completely made that offense but they can obviously still play without him. Good job to both teams and I would love for Navasota to have to play both of them in the playoffs.

txkmom
08-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Not to be picky, but the LE-NL score was 35-28.

WOS87
08-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Brownwood beat Burnet 35-24 meaning all 10 of the top 10 won this weekend.